PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge

pokemasterfrank
12th May 2003, 12:46 AM
Well, since I now have two unexpected openings, I'm holding an open challenge.

2 vs 2

You choose first, I attack first.

The DQ time is set for 1 week.

The Arena shall be...

A giant humongous. TOASTER! Yes a toaster . Its hollow on the inside, which is where we shall be battling. On the longer sides of the toaster, there are large wires that glow red. There's hot, so don't touch em, or you get 1% damage per action your on contact with it. Also, there are two slits at the top of the toaster, where slices of bread are usually put in, but its not . You can jump out and battle from above, but the drop is fatal...but good thing there's loafs of bread surrounding the toaster. If you fall off, you don't get damage, and a nice giant will scoop you up and put you back in the toaster (weird, huh?). Anyway, this toaster is huge! Think a toaster the size of a football stadium.

And a ref is needed :o.

Reptilius Pyrus
12th May 2003, 10:03 AM
That's a big toaster... O_O

Ok, I'll battle. I choose my Haunter, Loki.

*Throws Great Ball*

Elec Man EXE
12th May 2003, 05:24 PM
I must have a battle to ref, and this one seems as good as any. And one of the battlers is a Haunter, and that's always fun.

pokemasterfrank
12th May 2003, 10:27 PM
Haunter...interesting :o I guess I'll start with the Pokemon that I start every battle with...my male Gengar :D.

Gengar: -_- Why did I know I was going to be chosen?

Frank: Well...ummm...because you always are?

Gengar: ...umm...other than that?

Frank: >_> There is no other reason

Gengar: How about cause I'm a really good Pokemon :D.

Frank: -_-

Alright Gengar, start off with a Double Team. It'll be stupid to use a Rain Dance in a electrical appliance, and there's no sand to sandstorm! Then, use your sig move Transmorph! He wont be able to see you or you clones! Then, get within range to do a surefire Zap Cannon! But...if Transmorph somehow fails, use a Shadow Ball!

Double Team-Transmorph-Zap Cannon/Shadow Ball

pokemasterfrank
12th May 2003, 10:30 PM
*bashes self with a giant stone*

Stupid, forgot to put what Gengar's sig is >_<

Transmorph
Once per round, Gengar may create an illusion and trick the opponent into thinking he is an object on the field (if there are rocks, Gengar looks like a rock) and usually is the most common object on the field. Gengar may attack the opponent, but Gengar is able to be seen if he does. This last only three rounds and can be used only three times per battle.

Type: Ghost | Accuracy: N/A | Damage: 0% | Effects: The opponent cannot attack Gengar with focused attacks (attacks that hit only the target), but are able hit Gengar with open attacks (attacks that hit a wide range, not just the target).

btw, what is your Haunter's gender?

Reptilius Pyrus
13th May 2003, 06:06 PM
Loki is male. Sorry about that.

Loki, begin with a good-sized Substitute. That Gengar thinks he fooled us, hmm? Well, what's he going to transmorph into? We're in a GIANT TOASTER. There's not really anything in here. If there is, pmf hasn't mentioned it. Besides, once he uses the Zap Cannon, you'll be able to see him again. Anyway, if the Transmorph fails, use Psychic. If somehow he has illusioned himself, use a widespread Thunderbolt. After that, wait until he is visible again (if he isn't already) to use a Confuse Ray.

Substitute (Large) - Psychic/Thunderbolt - Confuse Ray

Elec Man EXE
14th May 2003, 04:43 PM
Ok, lets get this reffing started.

Start Battle

Pre-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 100% pumped and ready
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 100% ditto

Commands
pokemasterfrank: Double Team ~ Transmorph ~ Zap Cannon/Shadow Ball
Reptilius Pyrus: Substitute - Large ~ Psychic/Thunderbolt ~ Confuse Ray

Battle
The eager trainers are teleported, accompanied by the ref, into a giant kitchen appliance (of doom ;)). Not wanting to wait any longer, the challenger, RP, steps forwards and brings out a red and white ball. He tosses it into the air, and it opens, revealing a white light which forms into the shape of a ghost. The Haunter, dubbed Loki, phases in and out as he surveys the area. Frank grins, and pulls a ball from his pack. He chucks it to the ground, and it opens to reveal another ghost, this one a Gengar. He looks up and grins at his rival. The trainers issue their commands, and the battle begins.

Loki starts out by closing his eyes. He appears to be focusing on some unknown thing. Suddenly, there is a flash. But it doesn't seem that anything happened, at least not the the opponent Gengar. He shrugs, and also focuses on something. Suddenly, his body begins to flash, and more of him appear beside him. 1,2,3,4 clones of his own body appear both to the left and right of him. Loki is startled by this fact, and isn't too eager to face a whole team of Gengar.

But, soon, he won't have too. The Gengar glance at each other, and then float to the wall, where there are many screws holding the contraption together. Loki looks on questioningly, until something strange happens. The ghosts stretch out, and then suddenly are gone. He turns around rapidly, trying to locate the foes. He glares, and abruptly begins to spark vigorously. From his body he shoots multiple beams of electricity in random areas in the arena. These small beams strike the walls, dissipating into nothing. Loki looks on in dismay, still unable to see his wayward foe.

But Gengar is in glee with himself. He has confused his foe to no end, even if he did end up losing a couple of clones in the process. But he swiftly decides that it is time to initiate his plan. He begins charging an electric orb in between his fists, in the process dropping his disguise. In one swift movement he brings one hand forward, sending the electric energy flying towards it's intended target. Loki doesn't notice it until it is too late, and tries in vain to move to the side. He fails, but then smiles as he realizes that his sub absorbed the bolt, keeping him safe from harm. Gengar, on the other hand, scratches his head in dismay. How did that Haunter manage to take his attack without even flinching? As he stands puzzling this matter, Loki has been preparing his counter attack. His eyes glow a ghostly white, and emit a milky beam at Gengar. The shadow pokemon grunts as the beam connects with his body. While he feels no pain, his head starts to spin. He grabs it with his hands, trying to clear his mind of the strange feeling. Loki laughs out loud at the distress he has brougt upon the other ghost pokemon.

Post-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 99% 2 clones, hallucinating
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 82% (Sub 10%) ammused, in good shape

Reptilius Pyrus
14th May 2003, 09:04 PM
Psst... I'm a girl... Doesn't anyone read my title? -_-'

Great job, Loki. Now that you've got him confused, use Zap Cannon until it hits. If it hits before all your move slots are used up, use Psychic for the remaining ones.

Subs: If at any time your sub breaks, use Double Team.

Zap Cannon/Double Team - Zap Cannon/Psychic/Double Team - Zap Cannon/Psychic/Double Team

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

pokemasterfrank
14th May 2003, 09:50 PM
Transmorph works for three whole rounds and flashes out every time Gengar is attacking, but then the effects return when his attack is over. Oh well though :/.

Ok, your confused, stupified, and slightly woozy right. Flail around, I don't mean the attack. Your Confusion will probably make you attack hallucenations or something, so with some luck, you'll be hitting the Haunter...hopefully >_>;;.

In any case, if you do snap out of it, and Transmorph is still in effect, use a Psychic. Don't aim specifically for anything, spread your attack so its wide range. If you can't tell if its the sub or the real thing, might as well hit for some instead of none. Keep using Psychic in this fashion. And if somehow Transmorph isn't in effect (like its supposed to be), use it first and then use the Psychics. Of course, all of these are if you have time.

Allow your Confusion to Guide You/Psychic/Transmorph x3

Elec Man EXE
15th May 2003, 05:08 PM
Doh, did I ever do a job. Sorry about the gender mistake RP. And frank, I misunderstood your sig, I thought it would stay hidden until it attacked, up 2 three rounds, and then reappear as soon as he attacked, not dissappear once again. It wouldn't have really effected the round, but I will keep that in mind now. Boy do I feel stupid x_X. But I do have to say, I think you guys are mistaken about how Psychic is used. It takes control of things or pokemon, or attacks the enemy's mind, it isn't a wave of energy or anything like that. Anyway......

Round 2

Pre-Round Status

Commands
pokemasterfrank: Allow confusion to be your guide
Subs: Once not confused, Psychic
Reptilius Pyrus: Zap Cannon until sucessful ~ Psychic
Subs: Double Team if sub breaks

Battle
The pokemon on opposing sides take in their trainer's orders, and then, without delay, begin their onslaught on each other.

Gengar, in his utter confusion, opens his eyes and looks ahead. But what he sees is horrific. A whole swarm of Beedrills are glaring angirly at him, needles ready. He jumps back as the "Beedrills" speed forward, preparing to attack. Gengar punches at them as they come by, knocking them away and dodging before they are able to hurt him with their deadly weapons. As Gengar fights with the bees, Loki looks on and laughs even harder. It seems his little stunt has suceeded, Gengar has no idea what he is doing. Turning suddenly serious, Loki smiles and holds his hands in front of him, channeling his electric energy into a ball. He fires it off at one of the Gengar, but frowns as the shadow pokemon dissolves upon impact with the orb. He chose wrong, and he isn't too happy about it.

Meanwhile, Gengar beats up the last of the angry Beedrill after his soul. But now a new challenge arises. A giant Gengar suddenly appears from a swirl in front of him, grinning evily at the tiny ghost. Gengar shudders, and prepares himself. The giant lifts it's hands up, forms a huge ball of ethereal energy in them, and tosses it at poor Gengar. He tries to move to the side, but he isn't fast enough, and it hits him. He is thrown to the ground (Or that is what he thinks, he really just stops levitating) and crashes into the hard metal. While this is taking place, Loki begins making another orb of yellow energy, while laughing at the sight of his opponent struggling so much. The shadow pokemon slowly gets up, suprised that there is no pain. Hesitating a little, he begins to look up to view the giant pokemon. But to his suprise, it is no longer there. He scratches his head, but suddenly see's Haunter up near the top, charging a ball of sparks in his hands. He glares, and remembers to reinstate his Transmorph power, fading into the background once more. But it was too late. The electric orb was already launched, and he didn't have time to react. It hits his body, causing an intense numbness in all of his muscles. He screams out, not enjoying this battle at all.

Loki grins, happy that he managed to hit his opponent this time. But his happiness is brief as Gengar vanishes seemingly into the ground again. However, he has a counter for this. Focusing with his psychic prowess, he looks around the arena for the mind of his foe. He locates it without much trouble, as Gengar's mind is very active thinking about attacking and how much discomfort his paralysis brings on. Loki uses his own mind to enter Gengar's and attack the part of the brain that senses pain. Gengar screams out, trying to rid itself of the immense pain caused by the probe in his mind. It finally stops as Haunter ceases his attack, satisfied with the pain and discomfort he has caused. Gengar isn't amused though. He focuses on his own psychic ability, and targets the gaseous pokemon's mind. He probes and probes, but he doesn't hear the screams of pain he is expecting. Suddenly, Loki bursts and falls to the floor in shreds :o. Gengar watches in horror, feeling a bit sorry for his belated enemy. But he has a strange urge to look up, and when he does, he sees that Loki is still there, floating in the air. Loki waves at a dismayed Gengar tauntingly, joking around even though he is now vulnerable to attacks. And with that Round 2 draws to a close.

Post-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 80% in dismay, Paralyzed, Transmorph in effect
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 82% (Sub: Destoyed) very happy

pokemasterfrank
15th May 2003, 11:03 PM
Alrighty then, first use a Transmorph once again! But try to shoot for tricking your opponent into seeing you as one of the heating rods on either side of the toaster! Then, use a Double Team to disguise yourself...even when invisible :D. Then, umm...if you can Rest and stay invisible, do so. If not, then stay put and chill.

Transmorph-Double Team-Rest/Stay Put and Chill

Elec Man EXE
16th May 2003, 05:26 PM
I forgot to add it into the status, but Transmorph is still in effect. So if you still want to use it, thats just fine, but I just wanted to let you know.

Reptilius Pyrus
16th May 2003, 06:00 PM
Alrighty, Loki. Well, since Psychic targets the opponent's mind, you should have no trouble locating Gengar, even if he's invisible and has several doppelgangers.... which I see no point in.... But, anyway, use Psychic X2. Then, when he's asleep, use Nightmare.

pokemasterfrank
16th May 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Elec Man EXE
I forgot to add it into the status, but Transmorph is still in effect. So if you still want to use it, thats just fine, but I just wanted to let you know.

So does this mean I can redo my attacks? If so, then...umm...everyone redo's their attacks? Anyway...

Alright. Well...if I have an extra turn *grins evilly* First off, use a Substitute until it works! Then, use a Double Team if you have time! Lastly, use a Rest if you are still invisible while asleep. btw, no matter what, use Rest in the last slot.

Substitute-Substitute/Double Team-Rest

Elec Man EXE
16th May 2003, 07:58 PM
Yes, if you redo your attacks then it is only fair to let RP redo her attacks.

Reptilius Pyrus
16th May 2003, 08:04 PM
Sigh...

Loki, make a Substitute of your own. Then, use a Psychic. If your "opponent" hasn't broken into little pieces, use another. Otherwise, use Dream Eater.

Substitute - Psychic - Psychic/Dream Eater

Elec Man EXE
17th May 2003, 02:24 PM
Ugh, I hate substitute. Meh, lets get this over with. Oh, and I should tell you, I ref Rest as a move where the user falls asleep and slowly regains HP, not an instant move like in the game. And you can order him to wake up at any time, but it takes an action to do, or you can wait for him to awaken due to continous damage or noise, or anything else that would normally wake someone.

Round 3

Pre-Round Status

Commands
pokemasterfrank: Substitute ~ Double Team ~ Rest
Reptilius Pyrus: Substitute ~ Psychic ~ Psychic/Dream Eater

Battle
The pokemon lock gazes with one another, that is until Gengar disappears into the wall once again. The pokemon listen to attacks, and prepare for battle.

Loki begins off by closing his eyes, and focosing on his malletspace account. There is a flash, but nothing much happens, except that Loki seems pretty tired out from the difficulty of the attack. Gengar reveals himself, and performs a similar move. A flash, but nothing happening. How fun. Gengar then fades into the wall again, like before.

Gengar reappears a short time after, and this time he begins to stretch a bit. All of a sudden he splits into 6 of himself. The Gengar squad stick their tongues out at Loki, then fade away into the wall. Loki glares at them, and then focuses himself. Using his psychic powers, he locates Gengar's mind, and prods at it with psychic blasts. It doesn't seem to have much of an effect, however, and he is saddened. He frowns, but hopes that his next attack will do more.

Loki once again concentrates on his psychic essence, and taps into his ghostly foes brain once more. He impales it with psychic bursts, but still isn't getting much response. Suddenly, his foe crumbles before him. The purple shreds of stuff fall to the ground, useless. Loki laughs, finding this very commical to witness. Gengar, the real Gengar, chuckles to himself, and then falls into a deep slumber. As he does, he feels his strength returning. But as the round draws to a close, his clones, as well as himself, reappear from the walls. It seems his little trick has worn off, which can't be good for him. Loki breathes heavily, tired out from the difficulty of his attacks.

Post-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) (Sub: Destroyed) 68% sleeping deeply, visible
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 71% (Sub: 11%) getting tired, but otherwise happy

Reptilius Pyrus
18th May 2003, 11:27 AM
Loki, I want you to use Nightmare, then Dream Eater, and then just chill out for the rest of the turn.

Nightmare - Dream Eater - Chill Out and Rest (But not the move)

pokemasterfrank
18th May 2003, 09:26 PM
Ok then. Break out of your Sleep! Then, Shadow Ball x2. If somehow it isn't sucessful, use Sleep Talk instead of Shadow Ball.

Break out of Sleep-Shadow Ball x2/Sleep Talk x2

SneaselReborned
18th May 2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by pokemasterfrank
Ok then. Break out of your Sleep! Then, Shadow Ball x2. If somehow it isn't sucessful, use Sleep Talk instead of Shadow Ball.

Break out of Sleep-Shadow Ball x2/Sleep Talk x2

I dunno, you may be a vet under a new name that I never knew about, but awhile ago tyger banned to use of the WAKE UP command. So, basically, you're down to Sleep Talkage twice.

Sorry if I'm intervening, I want to make sure they this is known.

Elec Man EXE
19th May 2003, 04:03 PM
I am really busy with a report for school tommorow (yah, I waited till the last minute :p) so I won't be able to ref today, at least its not likely. Tommorow, though, it shalt be reffed.

Oh, and I ref Rest in a different way than most people, so I do allow the wake up command if Rest was used. My interpertation is posted at the top of my last reffing, so check there if you want. As far as I know, if I ref it that way, it can be done. Maybe I am mistaken though, meh.

Elec Man EXE
21st May 2003, 07:08 PM
Yah, thanks for being patient. Was gonna do it yesterday, but we had a power outage for a while and I didn't get a chance too. Oh, and RP, you may wish to look at the ASB Attack List (http://www.angelfire.com/tn3/asharris2/asbattacks.html) when you make attacks, it isnt' a good idea to use Dream Eater on a pokemon having Nightmares. Anyway, Here we go.

Round 4

Pre-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 68% sleeping deeply, visible
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 71% (Sub: 11%) getting tired, but otherwise happy

Commands
pokemasterfrank: Awaken ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball
Subs: If Awaken fails, Sleep Talk for remaining attacks
Reptilius Pyrus: Nightmare ~ Dream Eater ~ Chill out

Battle
As this round commences, Gengar sleeps peacefully on the ground, while Loki hovers up above. The trainers make commands, and this round is going.

Starting off the round, Loki floats down and places his hands onto Gengar's cranium. He peers into Gengar's dream, and is alarmed at what he sees. Gengar is eating lots and lots of food. Well, he has something to do about that. Using his ghastly powers, he manipulates the food piled in front of Gengar to come to life. It all connects together, creating a huge food monster with a burger as it's head. Gengar (the one in the dream) starts to run away as the burger monster chases after him, ready to devour him if it catches him. Loki, satisfied at the mischief he has caused, floats up once more and watches intently as Gengar squirms around, evidently not liking being chased by an evil food monster. However, suddenly, Gengar seems to snap out of it, and awakens. He opens his eyes, sweating a little and shuddering at the horror of it all. Loki frowns in disgust, disappointed that his attack was foiled so quickly.

Gengar, on the other hand, is relieved to see Haunter just hovering there. He channels some of his ethereal essence into his hands, making a ball out of it. He hurls this large ball at Loki, grinning all the time. As the orb connects with the ghost pokemon, it explodes, but as the smoke clears nothing seems to have happened. Gengar looks on, puzzled, but Loki is just as confused. He was ordered to take Gengar's dream for energy, but he can't do it while he isn't dreaming. He droops in disgust at his trainers poor orders.

While Loki complains to himself about his orders, Gengar begins once again preparing a ghostly orb. He puts slightly more energy into this one, hoping to inflict at least a little pain this time around. He hurls the ball, and it makes a large explosion upon impact. As the substitute shatters, this explosion impacts the real Loki, causing some secondary damage to the ghost pokemon. He crys out, and glares down at Gengar with hate. As much as he wants to attack, he represses this urge and relaxes, allowing his body to recharge its energy. As he relaxes, Gengar shudders again, remembering his horrible dream. I don't think he will ever be able to look at a hamburger the same way again. With that, round 4 concludes.

Post-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 62%
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 67% (Sub: Destroyed) relaxing, energy returning

pokemasterfrank
21st May 2003, 08:02 PM
Alright. Start off with a Transmorph! Then, appear in quick flashes to Shadow Ball. Of course, Haunter will probably try to probe your mind to Psychic. If you sense it happening, quickly send your own Psychic! It'll be twice as good because they'll already be a Psylink. If not, then keep shadow Balling.

Transmorph/Psychic-Transmorph/Psychic/Shadow Ball-Transmorph/Psychic/Shadow Ball

Reptilius Pyrus
22nd May 2003, 09:25 PM
Loki, use Double Team. If you make less than three clones, use it again. Otherwise, wait till Gengar pops out to use Shadow Ball and use Zap Cannon. Then, do it again.

Double Team - Double Team/Zap Cannon - Zap Cannon

Elec Man EXE
24th May 2003, 10:55 AM
Whee :D.

Round 5

Pre-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 62% ready, still a little shaken by hamburgers
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 67% relaxed

Commands
pokemasterfrank: Transmorph ~ Shadow Ball ~ Shadow Ball
Subs: Psychic if Psychic used
Reptilius Pyrus: Double Team ~ Double Team/Zap Cannon ~ Zap Cannon

Battle
As the ghosts stare each other down, ready to tear each other appart, the trainers are in a similar situation. They glare at each other, then, turning to their pokemon, issue their commands. The pokemon nod, and round 5 begins!

Gengar manages to get a head start, and hovers over near the hot bars. He accidently touches one of them, taking a bit of damage, but then he stretches out and vanishes in an instant. Loki isn't even watching as he closes his eyes, focusing on cloning himself. He vibrates, and then 3 clones spread out of his own body. He looks at them, and grins.

Loki then looks around for his opponent, and finds that he has indeed disappeared once more. Nonetheless he begins making an orb of high voltage energy between his fists, drawing energy from deep within his body. It sparks and crackles as he grips it, waiting for his opponent to come forth so that he can attack. Gengar too has been making an orb, his of more ghostly energy. But he is unseen by Loki because his is behind him. He brings his hand forward, launching his ethereal projectile right at the opposing ghost pokemon. Loki hears it and turns just in time to have this orb slammed right into his clones, dissipating on contact as the orb continues on to hit the wall, creating a nice explosion. Gengar frowns and disappears, but not before Loki glances at him. He fires off his own orb DBZ style, but he slams one fist into his hand as it harmlessly hits the ground, crackling and sparking for a second before the energy is gone.

But he will be prepared this time. He taps into his electrical reserves once more, channeling it to his hands, where he forms the pure energy into a large ball. He looks around intently, waiting for his enemy to appear so he can pelt him with the ball of pain. And he does appear, this time a little to the side. He takes more ghost matter and forms it into a powerful bomb ball. Both pokemon glare for a second before simultaneously launching their attacks. The two projectiles collide, causing a large scale explosion that spreads out, hitting both pokemon powerfully. Loki cries out as the explosion takes out his remaining clones, and shrieks as the energy hits him as well. Gengar does the same, crying out as the varied energy makes contact with him as well. As the smoke clears both pokemon shudder, apparently effected by the paralysis of the electrical orb. Thus round 5 is over and done.

Post-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 49% Transmorph in effect, paralyzed
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 53% Paralyzed, not too happy that he got paralyzed by his own attack

Reptilius Pyrus
24th May 2003, 10:44 PM
Eep.

Loki, Substitute, Double Team just in case it breaks, then Rest.

pokemasterfrank
25th May 2003, 03:00 AM
Alright, nows a good time to set my very first combo creation into motion, Unheard Death.

Perform Unheard Death, Gengar. Plug your ears...or whatever you listen with. In any case, make it so you can't hear! Then, finish the combo with a Perish Song! You wont be effected since you can't hear...but your opponent will hear it! After using Unheard Death, use a Rest!

Unheard Death-Rest

Also, if your wondering how Perish Song works (the Attack list doesn't list it :/)...here's an AIM conversation with DRWS.

pokemasterfrank (8:50:25 PM): Umm...I was wondering. How would Perish Song work in ASB?
OmegaDonutDeux (8:51:15 PM): It's like setting a timer on the Pokémon. After nine actions (which translates to three whole rounds), all Pokémon that hear it faint.

Ok ^_^

Elec Man EXE
25th May 2003, 10:07 AM
Interesting combo name. Quite.

Round 6

Pre-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 49% Transmorph in effect, paralyzed
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 53% Paralyzed

Commands
pokemasterfrank: Unheard Death ~ Rest
Reptilius Pyrus: Substitute ~ Double Team ~ Rest

Battle
As the two ethereal pokemon try and rid themselves of the bothersome paralysis, the trainers are getting restless. They shout their attacks, and the ghosts begin.

Loki begins by closing his eyes, seeking stuff deep within his malletspace account (whatever that is). There is a small flash, but as before nothing appears to have happened. In response to this Gengar takes his hands and covers his ears. What a boring turn that was.

Gengar then smiles, and begins singing an eerie and deadly melody. This resonnates off the metalic walls, creating an echoeing and very loud song. Loki seems uneffected, but in reality a sort of inner time bomb has been set that will sap his energy in a number of turns. Gengar, too, has been effected, despite his efforts to prevent it. Although he did not recieve the full effect of the attack, a time bomb lies within his body as well. . It seems that he heard the song as he sang it. Loki begins to fade a bit, and a number of clones (that number being 4) split out of his body and all of them look on at Gengar just as he is disappearing.

Loki then does something quite unexpected. He closes his eyes and falls into a deep sleep. Gengar does the same, lying down for a nice nap. Then he fades into the walls once more. How interesting that is *-_-. And the round ends with both pokemon peacefully sleeping away.

Post-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 52% Transmorph in effect, sleeping, (Perish Count: 10 turns)
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 42% (Substitute: 14%) sleeping, 4 clones, (Perish Count: 7 turns)

pokemasterfrank
25th May 2003, 07:37 PM
Alrighty then. Unheard Death wasn't very unheard :/.

First, snap out of your Sleep! Then just run around. If your opponent tries to Psychic you, use their forming psylink as a direct link to their mind and blast it. The strength should be increased because the psylink is right there :D.

Snap out of Sleep-Walk around x2/Psychic x2

Elec Man EXE
25th May 2003, 07:39 PM
Its logical that it wouldn't be completely blocked. Not only would it be highly overpowered, but if you plug your ears so that you can't hear anything, you can still hear yourself talking. So, yah.

pokemasterfrank
25th May 2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Elec Man EXE
Its logical that it wouldn't be completely blocked. Not only would it be highly overpowered, but if you plug your ears so that you can't hear anything, you can still hear yourself talking. So, yah.

I wasn't complaining that it was reffed wrong. I was complaining about the fact I need a new name for my combo :/, lol.

Reptilius Pyrus
26th May 2003, 05:14 PM
Walking around won't protect Gengar from Snore! Use it X3. We don't need to worry about him using Psychic because he was ordered to only use it if it was used on him.

Snore X3

Elec Man EXE
1st June 2003, 10:31 AM
Very sorry for the delay in reffing guys. It was finals week, and I forgot to post anything about not being very active.

Round 7

Pre-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 52% Transmorph in effect, sleeping, (Perish Count: 10 turns)
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 42% (Substitute: 14%) sleeping, 4 clones, (Perish Count: 7 turns)

Commands
pokemasterfrank: Un-Rest ~ Walk around ~ Walk around
Reptilius Pyrus: Snore ~ Snore ~ Snore

Battle
As both the ghostly pokemon sleep on, this is going to turn out to be a LONG battle I see. Meh, whatever works. Anyway, the trainers shout commands, and round 7 is going.

The first thing either of the sleeping pokemon do comes from Gengar. He open his eyes, snapping out of his trance in the process. He gets to his feet, and looks at his sleeping enemy. He sees him open his mouth, and a subsonic (I love that word, lol) groan is emmited. Gengar, too, moans in pain as his eardrums are hurt by the annoying noise. As it dies down, Loki falls back into his deep trance again.

Gengar then, strangely, begins simply walking around the arena. For what purpose I do not know, but he doesn't seem to be interested in much of anything. Suddenly another subsonic moan is hear, and he covers his ears in pain. Thats it, he isn't going to take this like a grain of sand.

The shadow pokemon, though ordered to simply walk around, decides that he would rather put the hurting on Loki. His eyes begin to glow eerily, and out of them a beam of ghostly energy is shot out. It makes contact with Haunters ethereal body, and may have awakened him if not for the sub which absorbed the attack. He opens his mouth once more, again moaning and groaning and causing pain to Gengars ears. As Loki sleeps peacefully on, Gengar frowns, wanting to finish his foe. And with that round 7 is done with.

Post-Round Status
pokemasterfrank: Gengar (Gengar M) 43% Transmorph in effect, angry (Perish Count: 7 turns)
Reptilius Pyrus: Loki (Haunter M) 51% (Substitute: 6%) sleeping, 4 clones, (Perish Count: 4 turns)

Elec Man EXE
6th June 2003, 01:28 PM
I don't know if you guys have forgotten about this battle or not, but I am going on vacation until around the 25th, so if this battle does come back to life, you'll need a subref if you don't want to wait till then. I will take over when I get back if you do.

pokemasterfrank
8th June 2003, 04:57 PM
Its been one week :/. Sorry Reptillius, but I'll have to call the DQ. I'll evolve my Dragonair as my prize.

Elec Man EXE
25th June 2003, 09:32 AM
Ok, DQ granted. Nice reffing for ya. *walks away grumbling that all his reffings end in DQ*