PDA

View Full Version : NEW!!!!! POkEMON GAMES COMING OUR WAY THIS YEAR!!!

E-Leigh-T
12th May 2003, 05:15 AM
Japanese website airforest.com has the scoop on some details found in the latest issue of KoroKoro Comic regarding the games Nintendo will show off at this year's Electronics Entertainment Expo beginning on May 14. The list includes both GameCube and Game Boy Advance software, and there are very few surprises; that doesn't mean there's anything noteworthy, however.For instance, the magazine claims that a new Star Fox game is in development at Nintendo. This title is different than the Namco-developed Star Fox Armada. There's also a Mario & Luigi RPG scheduled for the Game Boy Advance. The games are actually listed with their Japanese release dates, too. Of course, not all of these games have been confirmed so make sure you check back later in the week when our E3 coverage begins to see what Nintendo really has planned.

GameCube
- Pokémon Channel: Together with Pikachu - July 18
- Pokémon Stadium - Fall 2003
- Mario Golf: Family Tour (Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour in NA) - September
- Mario Kart: Double Dash - 2003
- Mario Party 5 - 2003
- Pikmin 2 - 2003
- Wario World - 2003
- Custom Robo - 2003
- Star Fox - TBD

Game Boy Advance
- Super Mario Advance 4 - July 18
- Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire - Summer 2003
- Legendary Starfi 2 - September
- Mario & Luigi RPG - 2003

News form N-philes.

AntiAsh Superstar
12th May 2003, 05:29 AM
Hmm, that's quite interesting news. *wonders what that Pokémon Channel thing is whilst simultaneously wishing he had a GC* However, I think this topic is prolly best off in the Video Games forum. Whilst there are Pokémon games in that list there's also a lot that aren't and I think this thread would be best off as a general discussion about the entire thing. :)

*moves*

Last Exile
12th May 2003, 10:31 PM
Hmm, good to see. I'm looking forward to Pikmin 2 and the new Pokemon Stadium.

Andrew
12th May 2003, 10:46 PM
Custom Robo? RoboTech anyone? heh....

The rest of them are uninspired sequels.. except that new Pokemon thing and the Wario World... I think.. I'd be interested to see how it goes. The Mario and Luigi RPG I'd love to play, Luigi IMO is cool :D

Mario Party 5... let it go Nintendo... I have the original. Now go away. 4 Sequels for a less than impressive series in the space from 1997 is NOT good.

Shadowfax
13th May 2003, 04:48 AM
again, Pokemon channel is the sequel to Hey You Pikachu

classy_cat18
13th May 2003, 11:43 AM
Oh man, a Hey You Pikachu sequel? Please let it be better than the original. The first one sucked on ice.

Andrew
13th May 2003, 05:28 PM
Australia never got "Hey You Pikachu!" because they thought we had accents that would be a barrier. IDIOTS! WE SPEAK THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE TOO!

Honestly, what goes on in their minds is seriously screwed, apart from their sequel ideas. Those are just cheap.

Kokomo
14th May 2003, 04:59 PM
The only Pokemon GC game that I'm interested in right now is Coliseum. I see no reason to get the other two. Coliseum could be pretty fun, and I've never gotten any of the stadium games because I hated most of the animations of the pokemon. (Why is ghastly so damn big?) It looks like they fixed up those animations in the screens I've seen of Coliseum.

Railu
14th May 2003, 07:33 PM
I think there are two more games which are Metroid Prime 2 and Kirby's air ride. ^_^ At least, that's what I heard.

So far, all the games sounds good to me ^^ Although I don't know about Pokemon Channel. I hope it's better than its original. I want pikachu to understand more phrases/words rather than "Pikachu, thunderbolt!" o.O

Dratini Fan DPT
23rd June 2003, 09:26 PM
I'm really looking forward to Pokémon Stadium (Collesium), Super Mario Advance 4, Mario & Luigi RPG, and Star Fox.

Duo_Washu_III
23rd June 2003, 11:51 PM
1.mario party EVIL.
2.pokemon colleseum
3. MGS2 is coming for gamecube. ehanced graphics and cutscenes galore!

Ultarius
25th June 2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by E-Leigh-T
GameCube
- Pokémon Channel: Together with Pikachu - July 18 wtf? Why the hell do we need another hello pikachu?
- Pokémon Stadium - Fall 2003 Do I smell possible tradeback compatibility?
- Mario Golf: Family Tour (Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour in NA) - September Did anyone actually buy the N64 version?
- Mario Kart: Double Dash - 2003 wtf? shouldn't this game have been released when gamecube was?
- Mario Party 5 - 2003 No thank you.
- Pikmin 2 - 2003 Meh, the first one was OK, but I doubt we need a sequel.
- Wario World - 2003 Wario? no thank you.
- Custom Robo - 2003 Hopefully not another pokemon-like venture...
- Star Fox - TBD no comment.

Game Boy Advance
- Super Mario Advance 4 - July 18 Meh, whatever.
- Pokémon Pinball Ruby & Sapphire - Summer 2003 Alright, i don't really care. Nintendo is the one that's losing all the money anyway.
- Legendary Starfi 2 - September WTF?
- Mario & Luigi RPG - 2003 Let's see... They both had their own RPG's for Gamecube, and now Nintendo thinks they need one with both of them for GBA? the minds of japanese corporate executives...

The Muffin Man
25th June 2003, 09:00 PM
Ult - What exactly are Mario and Luigis RPGs on the GC?

bb88
25th June 2003, 10:39 PM
Super Mario Advance 4 and Pokemon Collesium are the only games there that excite me. However, both of them excite me a good bit :)

Laz-E-Boy
27th June 2003, 01:22 PM
...it looks like they all suck ***.

Except pinball. I love pinball.

EvileSquirrel17
27th June 2003, 03:49 PM
Ya I will definently have to pick up pinball.I was reading somewhere the Ball avers are Latios & Latias.They swoop down & save your balls....lol:D No sickness intended

DannyBoy
27th June 2003, 10:14 PM
Why couldnt they keep pokemon stadium on n64? Some people dont got lots of money to go buy all these game systems. Well I better start saving. I hope it has better graphics and its better then the rest. EvileSquirrel17 thast awsome they go down and save your balls. Sorry thought the sickness already.

Shadow Realm
28th June 2003, 11:50 PM
Uhm, sorry Tina, I've seen some shots and...well...don't get me wrong, they're decent, but nothing special.

*smacks OZ* I want Mario Party 5! I have none yet, and while MP4 is out, I may aswell wait for this.
But actually, what I'm most anticipating is Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, and it's GBA counterpart (although I'm more looking forward to Mario Tennis*

TMM - It's on the GBA, and it's basically an RPG adventure with Mario and Luigi, out to get the princess' voice back...or something. Battle system features a lot of combo's with Mario and Luigi, looks pretty cool.

Jay
29th June 2003, 03:14 AM
I hope MP5 will be a little better than the last three though (that's all except the first one). They appear to have been losing momentum over time

SMA4 and Star Fox would be the tops of my list though. Those two will be the ones i'll be looking forward to playing.. just wait til I get a GBA first --;

Duo_Washu_III
29th June 2003, 03:55 AM
mario party shall stop NOW! *runs into nintendo, come out with MP5* i shall destroy! * breaks in half*
nintendo worker:we have 1000 more copies.
DW3:YEARGHABLE!

mario party is just an annoying game with a boring board, an evil characther, and hard 1 vs. 3 games. say what you want about MP5, i'm DEFINETLEY NOT loking forward to it. EVER. what i'm think of is half life 2, halo2, and megaman for the GC. yay cell shaded!

Jay
29th June 2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Duo_Washu_III
mario party shall stop NOW! *runs into nintendo, come out with MP5* i shall destroy! * breaks in half*
nintendo worker:we have 1000 more copies.
DW3:YEARGHABLE!

mario party is just an annoying game with a boring board, an evil characther, and hard 1 vs. 3 games. say what you want about MP5, i'm DEFINETLEY NOT loking forward to it. EVER. what i'm think of is half life 2, halo2, and megaman for the GC. yay cell shaded!

The first one wasn't all that bad, but yeah, they got worse series after series. I'm not expecting it to be any better this time either

Duo_Washu_III
29th June 2003, 04:06 AM
and the fact that that i hate mario cuz he's stupid and gets all the credit, with no rewards for luigi. plus, i wanna kill him.

another thing: might as well name it E3 favs, why don't ya...

Shadowfax
2nd July 2003, 03:19 AM
the graphics on colliseum are NOT decent, the pokemon look exactly as they did on pokémon stadium, its pathetic. the trainers and backgrounds look ok, but the pokémon have had no effort whatsoever put into them.

it's the SAME Pikachu from the first pokemon stadium.

the head of creaturs inc. did say that they had started planning an RPG for the Gamecube though. When that'll come out though is beyond anyone :s