PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter & The Magic of Pokemon

pokemongeek
12th May 2003, 06:34 AM
-----------------------Ch. 1 The Odd Ball------------------------------------
Harry Potter was bored. It was a hot summer's day and he had nothing to do. He could do no magic over the holiday, just wrote to Sirius Black and his other friends, and could not watch TV since Dudley was watching them all. Dudley had always been a great big pig when it came to food but lost weight the summer before on a diet. But he gained it all back.
"Hey, Harry!" Dudley shouted at his cousin as he came down the stairs. "Where are you going?"
"To the park," Harry replied.
"You're not allowed out of the house!" the fat boy taunted. "You might use magic!"
"Do you want me to tell Sirius to turn you into a fly so I can squish you?" Harry threatened.
Dudley stopped talking.
At the park, Harry sat down on a bench. It felt uncomfortable so he turned around and found a Pokeball. But Harry never saw a Pokeball or Pokemon before so he wondered what it was.
"Hmmm...." he said as he examined it. "What could it be?"
Then ball then opened and out popped a cute little Teddiursa.
It looked at Harry and squealed, "Teddiursa! Teddiursa! Teddi!" as it lifted its arms.
"Well, hello there," Harry greeted. "Who are you?"
Teddiursa handed Harry a piece of paper with a message on it. Harry read it out loud.
"Dear Kind Stranger,
Please take care of my Teddiursa. I don't have enough money to keep my precious little Pokemon. As much as I love the dear thing, I had no choice but to leave it here. Be sure to feed it honey but not too much or else it'll get sick."
"So you're a Pokemon," Harry stated to the Little Bear. "Teddiursa, is it? Well, I like you and you even have a mark on your forehead like me. But mine's a scar from when Voldemort killed my parents and hurt me."
Teddiursa touched Harry's scar and let out a low sympathy moan.
"Let's go home," Harry suggested.
When Harry got home, Aunt Petunia was furious that her nephew went out without her permission and was even angrier when she saw Teddiursa.
"Get that AWFUL thing out of here!" she screamed.
Teddiursa was highly offended by Petunia's comment that it let out its claws and held them very close to her as it let out a threatening growl.
"Did I say 'awful'? I meant 'AWE-ful,' as in adorable," Petunia said in a small voice.
Teddiursa was happy.
"I think the two of us will get along just fine," Harry whispered.
Harry and his new friend went to his room and harry saw that Hedwig was back from delivering his letters. Hedwig saw Teddiursa and then flew right at it as she let out a loud screech. Teddiursa was terrified and curled up into a ball. Hedwig then landed beside the Pokemon and rubbed her head on it in an affectionate way.
"What do you know!" Harry exclaimed. "Hedwig likes you! You're friends now!"
So Harry went down the stairs with teddiursa who was hungry. The Little Bear Pokemon ate all the food that Harry gave it in a flash.
"Boy," Harry said after it was done eating, "you sure were hungry."
When Uncle Vernon came home, he took the newspaper as usual and was about to sit in his favourite chair but something was different that day. Teddiursa was snuggled up and fast asleep in it. Vernon was furious and picked up the Pokemon and dropped on the floor. Teddiursa was not very happy. In fact it did the same thing it did to Aunt Petunia.
"I'm-I'm-I'm sorry. Go ahead. S-s-s-sleep in this ch-ch-chair. I don't mind," he wimpered.
Uncle Vernon then went into the kitchen.
"Do you know we have a bear in the house, dear?" he asked his wife.
"Yes," she replied weakly, "it's Harry's and what ever you do, don't make it angry."

Neo-Xantios
12th May 2003, 06:47 AM
Greetings. This story is interesting in my eyes. The part when Harry met Teddiursa really made my eyes a little wet. Bye the way, how did Pokémon appear there?

Great work. I look forward to seeing where this goes. :D

KRDC 03
12th May 2003, 11:34 AM
I like the story idea and all, I really, truely do, but why don`t you try describing stuff a little more? Like the Pokéball, you could have described it from what Harry would have seen it as. Doing stuff like that keeps the attention of your readers longer. Word of warning if you take my advice: don`t do it too much, or people will become bored with your story.

I really, really want to see how this turns out, so I`ll be sticking around, and every now and then commenting. Hope you don`t mind ^^*

Keanna Roar AKA KRDC 03

pokemongeek
13th May 2003, 11:12 AM
--------------------Ch. 2 A Trip To London PokeShop----------------------
"Harry?" Hermione asked later that night when Harry called her. "How did the Dursleys ever let you use the phone?"
"Oh, I have my ways," Harry replied as he watched Teddiursa kept the Dursleys in a corner, growling at them.
"Hermione," Harry asked, "do you know anything about 'Pokemon'? I Found one in the park and I need some advice on how to care for it."
"Sure I do!" his friend replied. "Pokemon have been living in England for hundreds of years and until recently, they were never discovered until someone in Japan found a 'Pikachu' and became famous. Soon more Pokemon were discovered and scientists found them here. If you go to London, you'll see a new and popular shop there. Ask if you can come and meet me tomorrow. I'll send a letter to Ron."
"Could I go meet Herm-?" Harry started to ask.
"Yes! YES!" Vernon replied. "Do what ever want! Just tell this thing not to hurt us please!"
The next day, Harry met Ron and Hermione in London.
"Harry!" Ron greeted. "How are you?"
"I'm fine," Harry replied, "and this is the 'Pokemon' I found in the park. It's called a 'Teddiursa.' It reminds me so much of myself because we both have marks on our foreheads, loathe the Dursleys, and were separated from our original families."
"Teddiursa disliked the Dursleys?" Ron asked. "How did it show its hatred? Biting?"
"No," Harry replied, "it threatens them with its claws and growls at them."
"Awww..." Hermione sighed, "it's so cute!"
Teddiursa was currently chasing and pawing playfully at a butterfly while it giggled in delight.
"So where is the Pokemon shop?" Harry asked.
"Follow me," Hermione replied.
When they got there, Harry saw the biggest store he had ever seen outside of Diagon Alley.
"Here we are," Hermione stated.
"It's huge !" Ron exclaimed.
Inside they went and they saw a young woman behind the counter.
"Welcome!" she greeted. "Please come in. May I help you?"
"Well," Harry answered, "I have a few."
He then picked up Teddiursa and placed it on the counter.
"How do I take care of this? And can you tell me more about it?"
"Well, you have a Teddiursa, which is also know as the Little Bear Pokemon, and it seems to be in good shape. From what I can tell, yours is a male and is very well trained for a Pokemon its age. I'll give you everything you need to care for it and as a bonus, I'll throw in a Pokedex, and six Pokeballs all for free."
"Wow! Thank you," Harry gasped as the lady gave him several items for free.
"No problem," she replied. "From what I can tell, this is your first Pokemon and wouldn't have enough money to buy all these supplies."
Hermione bought 12 Pokeballs and gave Ron half since he had no Muggle money.
"Now we can all catch more Pokemon," she explained.
Outside, Harry, Teddiursa, and friends were walking past the park when something moved inside the bushes. Teddiursa went over and a cute little Jigglypuff. It looked at Ron, then Harry, and finally Hermione.
It then walked towards Hermione.
"Well, hello," she said pleasantly.
Jigglypuff smiled and pointed to a Pokeball.
"You want me to catch you?" she asked.
Jigglypuff nodded.
"Okay. Here we go!" Hermione exclaimed. She threw one Pokeball and caught Jigglypuff.
Ron was now sad and disappointed. He was the only one of his friends without a Pokemon.
"Cheer up, Ron," Harry said to his friend. "Hermione and I will help you catch a Pokemon."
A Mankey came along looking for food.
"I want that one." Ron stated as he pointed to it.
Harry looked at his Pokedex and said, "I don't think you would want one of those."
"Why not?" asked Ron.
"It has a very bad temper," Hermione explained.
Then an Oddish came along.
"How about that one?" Ron asked. "I like it."
"That's a good choice," Harry replied.
So Ron threw a Pokeball and caught the Oddish. He decided to call it 'Leafy.'
Later that day, Harry gave his Pokemon some delicious honey. It made a mess eating it and became all sticky and needed a bath but as Teddiursa ate the treat, Harry noticed that its moon shaped mark began to glow.
"My scar also reacts when ever Voldemort is near by or is very upset," Harry stated. "We have so much in common. I think we were meant for each other."
Teddiursa happily nodded as it licked up its honey.