PDA

View Full Version : Poll: A night without sleep?

Kirei
12th May 2003, 03:02 PM
Heh, this is the poll: have you ever been through an entire night without sleeping at all? When was it and why? I did the other day. I had three 4000 word essays to do and I literally worked on them non-stop from 12noon friday until 7pm saturday finishing them off! I didn't eat or sleep at all, and I was so tired when I finished them (as Ade will testify I'm sure. Heh, I'm making Ade testify in a lot of my topics lately! Testify!!) Hmm yeah, so I was awake for the dawn chorus starting, and then it started getting light and I carried on working. I think I fell asleep briefly on the stairs walking up with some papers, and I bruised my back! Well, share your stories here. :)

en0miz
12th May 2003, 04:21 PM
I go through nights without sleep all the time during the summer. :) I'm either online, at a friend's house, watching tv, playing video games, or just hanging around. I also usually stay up all night at sleepovers.

homeofmew
12th May 2003, 08:11 PM
well yes I was a girl scout sleep over we watched one of those I max 3 d movie things 1 30 am and we went to "sleep" around 3am and we had to get up at 4:30am.. i just didn't sleep :)
That was an experience. Some people had to sleep next to creepy crawly bugs in plastic cages :(

Little_Pikachu
12th May 2003, 08:16 PM
I have 'nights' without sleep usually every day, I'm pretty much nocturnal, especially when I have no work or uni to go to. Usually I'm up playing on the Internet until 4am then I watch TV until 5 or 6, sometimes I get insomnia and I'm up until 8 or 9.

There have been plenty of cases where I've had my friends over or I've been over to thier houses and we've stayed up all night playing games and stuff until they go home the next afternoon, what I do then depends on if I have anything to do, sometimes I go to bed for a few hours, sometimes I stay up and do what has to be done.

You shouldn't leave all your work until the last minute, Soo :( That's bad for you

The_Missing_Link
12th May 2003, 08:33 PM
The latest I've ever stayed up was 3:30 AM

I think I was about 8 and my friend had a sleepover so there were a lot of people. I remember being the last one up and we were watching The Flinstones Movie. I was sort of tired so I went to sleep and was woken up 5 hours later. Interestingly enough, I felt wide awake and pretty good so that was nice ^_^

Ginger Cat
12th May 2003, 09:09 PM
Ah, I have many of those...

Pretty much whenever we have a movie night with friends at my house... Or anyone else's hosue, really. Good times... Lesse, the band lock-in, both times. The way down to Florida was close; I was lucky if I got an hour altogether.

Then there are the nights I stay up 'til four, only to be awakened at six thirty for no apparent reason...

Don't get much sleep. It's funnnnnnnnnnn.

Becca of Team Rocket
12th May 2003, 09:20 PM
I usually go to sleep at around 6:30/7:00 AM.. wake up at around noon.

I'm teribly nocturnal.

Asilynne
12th May 2003, 09:33 PM
Sleep? Whats that?! LOL
Usually on the weekdays I have to be in bed at a certain time but heck, in the summer, on the weekends and any chance I get Im up all night and sleepin all day! Im also not a morning person. AT ALL. lol

Also theres the little fact that SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!!! ^-~

White Gryphon
12th May 2003, 10:36 PM
One time a few years ago, my dad took me night fishing, and we stayed up all dadgum night, floating around on this black lake (no moon, no stars, sky was totally overcast) in this little fishing boat with a flourescent light and a cooler, and all we caught were 6 little white perch. It was... kinda fun. Breakfast was a sausage biscuit at Hardee's...

Fett One
12th May 2003, 11:26 PM
I've only stayed up all night twice. The 2 times were New Years Eve and the New Year Eve of the previous year. Both times my friend had a lan party so we were up all night playing video game.

Crystal Mew
12th May 2003, 11:36 PM
I have never stayed up the WHOLE night..the latest I stayed up was 4:30am. I went to my friends house for a sleepover :D She warned me I wouldnt get any sleep.....but I did get 3 hours....o_0; I remember I felt like crap the next day though...so really, I hate staying up, I'm very cranky the next day, and I dont feel good. :)

Gligar_Man
12th May 2003, 11:45 PM
i go to sleep when im tired, wake up when i wake up, and work inbetween

ILikePokemonP
13th May 2003, 12:43 AM
A few months ago, I stayed up until 6am watching a world cup cricket game, although I did have a 1 hour nap the day before. I could've stayed up longer but I did'nt...
I normally get up at 6:45am everyday. Today I woke up literally 1 second before my alarm. I is smart :)

AntiAsh Superstar
13th May 2003, 02:38 AM
*testifies* *jumps off a drum kit* *realises Soo's the only one who'd know what he's on about* Well no change there I guess... hehe, you shouldn't do this going without sleep thing too often, Soo, you're floppy enough at the best of times! :P

Anyways, I can't say I ever have gone a whole 24 hours without sleep. I've had days where I've had an obscenely small amount of sleep tho (e.g. we have to get up at around 5am when we're going on holidays so we arrive around afternoon. Couple this with my inability to go to sleep earlier than 1am most nights... it's not a good combination)

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
13th May 2003, 03:50 AM
The least sleep I ever had were 2 hours.

One time was about 3 and a half years ago on New New's day when I got hom at 7 in the morning after a very long night and slept till 9 and then got up again. I was tired the entire next day.

The other time was some time last year when I was playing EverQuest and took part in some raids that lastet till 5 in the morning. Again, I was able to sleep for 2 hours before waking up again. I just couldn't go back to sleep anymore.

soggy_cardboard
13th May 2003, 04:28 AM
ya i have a few times, once u get past 3 clock, ur sweet

midnightangel
14th May 2003, 12:41 PM
The last time I stayed up all night was last month ^_^;;
I work 11pm-7am roughly 3-4 nights at a time. While everyone else goes to bed, I get up (around 9pm) :rolleyes:

When I'm finally off, I end up catching up on housework, running errands, and just coming online browsing sites (and talking to my boyfriend) until 2pm. At this time I'm so wired, I can't fall asleep--I end up watching TV until dinner, then I go back to the computer to play some games.
By the time I've finished for the day, it's already 9pm again--I act so weird that I get real goofy and laugh at the stupidest things.
All because I am so tired. Fun fun :D

The longest I've stayed up was just over 30 hours and I did that twice ;o

I don't pull all nighters anymore...If I'm off, I try to rest a few hours before coming online again.
But that doesn't stop me from staying up all night hehe :P

Madelyn151
14th May 2003, 10:17 PM
when i went to spain, i didn't sleep for like 26 hours. i would have gotten substantially more sleep if i hadn't stayed up with my host family watching soccer waiting for them to go, "GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" ... nobody scored. ;_;

Ginger Cat
15th May 2003, 12:27 AM
Tonight's looking like a lovely one... ;) I was falling asleep all day, yet it's almsot one thirty and I'm awake... Damn paper. I wrote it, and now that I've spent time writing, I can't make my mind shut up.
*sigh*
Sleeplessness is lovely, no?
Beautiful night...
Only wish I could get so damned sleep... Eck. Maybe during school later today. ;)

Matt
16th May 2003, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I have stayed up all night a few times. One of the times I was at my friends house. It was his birthday and we all stayed up all night. To stay awake, we played hakisack(sp? -_-) and other random games. The other time was last summer. I stayed up all night playing video games with my cousin. That was a pretty cool night except for him beating me in SSB, lol.

UmbreonCurse
17th May 2003, 02:29 PM
I've only stayed up officially the whole night once and that was last year at my bud's b-day "slumber party" though it was only the two of us. We had so much caffene and were high on air that we got no sleep at all. It was so much fun, we're doining it again this year. ^__^ I've also stayed up neerly all night, like untill 3 AM, but I end up falling asleap at 3:30...

Laz-E-Boy
17th May 2003, 03:05 PM
I only stayed up all night at sleepovers.

Sometimes I can't go to sleep for no reason whatsoever.

MarshmallowEgg
17th May 2003, 08:36 PM
I do that a lot, especially over breaks. I'll sleep during the day, then stay up the entire night, play video games, eat junk food, the whole shebang. It's fun :)

Kireihana52
20th May 2003, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I have a few times. I remember doing it the night I got pokemon blue (it was super fun back then), and a few times watching old disney movies and Nick @ Nite. Other times I've stayed up just for the simple reason that I could not sleep and didn't feel like rolling around in my bed for a few hours trying to. I also stayed up all night when we had to do a school newspaper clipping project. I put it off all those weeks and then nearly killed myself trying to find enough articles. Reaaallly. bad. idea. @_@;;;;;

M1ND G4ME
21st May 2003, 10:15 AM
I've stayed up at night numurous times, But one time I went for 8 ½ days no sleep. Tip: Coffee, Mountain dew, and Surge PWN! anyways, I stayed up cuz well I wanted to, and When I stayed up those nights I was usually talking to my friend online, or talking to my irl friend on the phone. I love to talk XD

Silver Ledian
21st May 2003, 01:07 PM
If you fell asleep on the stairs briefly, Soo, then you didn't stay up all night, did you? ;o j/k

Like Suzie said, you shouldn't be staying up late doing essays. You only stay up late if there are good things to do...so never leave your essays to the last minute, you're setting a bad example for me in future! As for the poll:

I've stayed up all night about 4 times...once when I was staying in my mates house because we just talked all night and other times when my cousin stays over...we have a laugh and stay awake by drinking coke and tea. I, however, like big sis Suzie, have learnt to stay up all night now without the aid of any medication or drugs...since I'm a vampire! I stay up late whenever I can (weekends, holidays, any other free time when I'm not in school) and I basically just surf the NET all night and talk to peeps on AIM...like those who also stay up late ^_^ (Suzie, Si, American people [not really late to them since they're 5 hours behind me normally]). :D

*still can't believe you had 3 4,000 word easys* Evil basfpkpokps!

- Silver Ledian :yes:

Wild Female Machoke
21st May 2003, 06:54 PM
I never stay up all night. I HATE THAT!!

At one time, I had to do that when my idiotic mom told me to fix up those clips on the pants she had taken from work. Her moronic co-worker did not sew them on tight enough. Worst still, she had to come home late and told me to do that at the last minute. She could not stay up that late because she had to get up at 6 AM to get to work. As a result, I had to miss a day of school sewing up all those stupid things all night. :mad:

I don't like staying up late. I feel cranky the next day.