PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want Masato's VA to be?

pokefreak04
12th May 2003, 03:19 PM
The title says it all. Who do you want Masato's VA to be? IMO, Masato's VA should be the guy who does Mokuba on YuGiOh. Discuss.

Animelee
12th May 2003, 03:47 PM
I'm SOOO fed up of that Mokuba/Sammy Oak voice for young boys. I'd prefer something used rarely, like that voice used for Benny, the kid who accidently traded Wobbufet for Lickitung.

PAK Man
12th May 2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru
I'd prefer something used rarely, like that voice used for Benny, the kid who accidently traded Wobbufet for Lickitung.

Didn't the person that played Sammy and Richie also play the voice of Benny? His voice sounded similar to their voices. Anyways, I like the person who plays Sammy and Richie. I think that person should play Masato.

GoldenDragonite
12th May 2003, 04:37 PM
I too am sick of that persons voice. It seems as if every young boy has that person's voice. I'd like to see what Rachel Lillis(Misty and Jessie) could do for a young boy's voice... *shrug*

Hanada Tattsu
12th May 2003, 05:32 PM
I am fed up with the usual guy voice that every character gets.

I kinda want a new voice actor for 4Kids to hire, maybe someone with a British accent. LOL, I'll stop now. :D

Light_Togetic
13th May 2003, 10:00 AM
Ick, no, not Richie/Sammy/generic trainer boy's voice!!! It's so annoying! I really didn't even like it when I first heard it... It would just make little Masato more annoying than he already is. Besides, who would they have to do other boy voices when they already have Masato sounding like him?

Hanada Tattsu
13th May 2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Ick, no, not Richie/Sammy/generic trainer boy's voice!!! It's so annoying! I really didn't even like it when I first heard it... It would just make little Masato more annoying than he already is. Besides, who would they have to do other boy voices when they already have Masato sounding like him?

Everybody's voice is done by that guy.

LOL, I kinda want Ted Lewis to do it. I don't know if he can do younger voices though.

Entropy
14th May 2003, 05:02 AM
No, he can't. He did Professor Birch's voice....that should give you an idea on how low his voice is.

Personally, I don't want Richie/Sammy's VA to do Masato's voice! I've heard it too many times and has lost all value. If anything, 4Kids needs to hire more VA's. Their company is in shambles.

Animelee
14th May 2003, 08:33 AM
Actually, Professor Birch was done by the guy that did the Mewtwo voice in "Mewtwo Returns" and he also does Yugi and Yami Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters.

I hope they give Masato a similar voice to his Japanese one. I thought he would be annoying, but he's actually more level-headed than May. I actually find May to be a ditz, and I don't really think she has much of a personality, either. Sorry to May fans. ^^; I like her, but Misty had more of a personality (BEFORE Togepi, though!) May's finally starting to show some acutal intelligence and personality, though!

Anyways, I hope they either hire a new VA, or use someone else OTHER than the Sammy/Richie voice. C'mon, I mean, if Richie and Ash-tachi meet again in Hoenn, it'd be odd to hear Masato and Richie talk one after the other! :D

Entropy
14th May 2003, 01:38 PM
Isn't that Ted Lewis anyway?

If it isn't, I apologize for the error. I must have taken the name you listed for someone else.

Light_Togetic
14th May 2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
Isn't that Ted Lewis anyway?

If it isn't, I apologize for the error. I must have taken the name you listed for someone else.

Yeah, Ted Lewis does all those dudes. And there's no doubt he does other voices for other 4Kids shows too.

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 09:02 AM
Yeah, Teddy Lewis has done a lot for Pokemon.

In the first ten episodes of Indigo, he was James of Team Rocket. Then, he did random Pokemon voices until Tracey came along. For Yu-gi-oh, he has done Yugi's voice.

He hasn't done Mewtwo's voice though.

Entropy
15th May 2003, 06:04 PM
He was Tracey's VA!? That's hard to believe, though I believe you.

Animelee
15th May 2003, 06:36 PM
Actually, the first Mewtwo voice was done by Phillip Bartlett, and the second one was done by a new voice actor that 4Kids hired. The new VA does the voices of Yugi and Yami Yugi in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Ted Lewis does Tracey, Giovanni, and a bunch of other voices. In Yu-Gi-Oh!, he plays Bakura, Bandith Keith, and a bunch of other voices, like the bodyguards.

Uhhh...yeah!

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 08:47 AM
So if Mewtwo's new voice actor for Mewtwo Returns does Yugi's and Yami Yugi's voice, that means that it is Ted Lewis.

Light_Togetic
16th May 2003, 10:16 AM
Okay, I'm officially confused. Maybe I'll just say this to get it straight.

Phillip Bartlett- Mewtwo #1

Ted Lewis- Tracey, Gio, beginning James, Mewtwo #2, Yami Yugi and Yugi?

Am I right so far? You know, Yugi and Giovanni sound completely different. Hmmm.... Anybody have Ted Lewis' phone number so we can call him up and ask?? ;)

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 06:51 PM
Here, LT, I'll do this for you.

Veronica Taylor - Ash, Ash's mom, May

Eric Stuart - Brock, James (10 - ??)

Rachel Lillis - Jessie, Misty

Phillip Bartlett - Mewtwo (in film)

Ted Lewis - Tracey, Giovanni (later episodes), Yugi, Yami Yugi, Bakura, Mewtwo #2

Light_Togetic
16th May 2003, 08:51 PM
Thanks Hanada. I know most of them, I was just confused about the Ted Lewis thing...:rolleyes: But thanks!

Animelee
16th May 2003, 10:32 PM
Oh, eh, I hate to be a rude person, but, uhh...er... this is hard, but...uhhh.... I have a list from a Yu-Gi-Oh! fansite.

Dan Green = Mewtwo #2, Yugi Motou, Yami Yugi

Ted Lewis = Tracey, James #1, Giovanni, Bakura Ryou, Yami Bakura

^_^;;;

Hanada Tattsu
17th May 2003, 09:50 AM
Oh, eh, I hate to be a rude person, but, uhh...er... this is hard, but...uhhh.... I have a list from a Yu-Gi-Oh! fansite.

^_^;;;

Thanks for clearing that up, but I was positive that Ted Lewis did Yugi.

Entropy
17th May 2003, 10:29 AM
I, as well. I find it a bit surprising 4Kids doesn't outline this information on their website. (http://www.4kidsent.com) BTW, I hate the design. It's too gawky and I don't like that 'It's Time to Duel' sound file playing. It's even worse when you have the volume up and you're playing something. Very poor planning.

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 09:53 AM
4Kids dubbed Tama and Friends? I was positive that Saban did that!

Entropy
18th May 2003, 10:56 AM
Well, you're wrong. If anything, I've seen the show several times in the past, but it doesn't seem to air anymore. It was an alright show, but it was too simple and cookie-cutter, that it was too hard to enjoy. It's more like a show for 5 year olds.

Team Rocket's Lugia
18th May 2003, 11:04 AM

^_^;;;
HOW RUDE!

I don't want a person that did FREKIN YUGAYOH! Someone new, non Yugioh ish. NOT someone who did YUGAyoh.

Entropy
18th May 2003, 11:20 AM
So what if irritates you? As long as they have a voice to do the part, they'll do it, regardless of any other anime involvement. Though, you are a bit justified in your complaint, however.

Since 4Kids is doing so many animes at one time, the VA's are becoming quite stressed and they will make mistakes (like Brock saying 'Flint City). One viable solution is to hire more VA's, but it seems 4Kids isn't doing anything to get more people. There is one more solution, and that's to drop any animes that they're doing, but it seems that isn't viable for them either. If anything, I forsee something bad happening for the company. They've been doing too good for their own benefit, and that's bound to stop.

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 12:13 PM
One question: Who dubs Megaman?

I watched it yesterday, and the dub was great! Who does it?

Entropy
18th May 2003, 12:31 PM
It definitely isn't 4Kids, it had moments of silence that they would have definitely destroyed. However, I did question the computer displays as they may have been edited to display engish characters. Another issue are the voices themselves, the person who plays the main character doesn't sound too enthusiastic.

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 11:26 PM
Yeah, the keyboard and the computer screens were all English, so I doubt that they left it that way.

It was a good dub.

Animelee
20th May 2003, 08:33 AM
I watch Rockman EXE in Japanese, and the English version is pretty good. The group that does it is ShoPro, through the Ocean Group voice actors here in Canada! They do the non-American DBZ and DBGT, Gundam (all of those Gundam dubs), Hamtaro, Zoids, and a bunch more.

I heard they changed Meiru's piano song, and they screwed up on Masa's name and called him "Maysa" a few times. And I wonder why they changed Fireman's name to Torchman. By the way, in the Japanese version, all those English characters were there. It was like Capcom was planning to bring it to Canada and America as soon as the Japanese version was finished. The anime ends at episode 57, so you'll have about two seasons of Rockman EXE. I'm on Japanese episode 41, and there's a bunch of fillers now, but it's still cool.

Give it a shot, especially if you're a fan of the games!

Rockman EXE is good, but c'mon, we all know that Pokemon is the best, and forever WILL be the best.

Hanada Tattsu
20th May 2003, 10:43 PM
Megaman had only 57 episodes? I thought it was a hit anime!

Oh well...

Entropy
21st May 2003, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the information on Megaman, maybe I'll check an episode or 2 next time.

Fire_Convoy
21st May 2003, 06:14 PM
My choice for Masato's (what will his dub name be?) is Samantha Reynolds, who voices Ikki in the Medabots anime dub.

The more probable choice is Tara Jayne, who voices Mokuba in Yu-Gi-Oh! and just about every other male role in Pokemon.

One more REALLY unlikely choice is Wayne Grayson, who voices Joey in Yu-Gi-Oh!

Hanada Tattsu
21st May 2003, 07:38 PM
LOL, imagine hearing Joey's New Yorker gangster accent on Masato, LOL.

I'm sure it's gonna be Tara Jayne despite our pleas.

Pokemon Neo
22nd May 2003, 09:59 AM
I watch Rockman EXE in Japanese, and the English version is pretty good. The group that does it is ShoPro, through the Ocean Group voice actors here in Canada! They do the non-American DBZ and DBGT, Gundam (all of those Gundam dubs), Hamtaro, Zoids, and a bunch more.

Yeah,A LOT more.I consider these guys to be the best English VA's around.If 4Kids ever dubs the Raikou special,I want Bashou to be played by Brian Drummond(Zechs/Gundam Wing) and Buson to be played by Scott McNeil.(Duo/Gundam Wing,Koga/Inuyasha) I guess it's sort of possible seeing as how 4Kids and Ocean Dub are associated with Viz Video.

I got one question though:The Ocean Dub studios are located in Toronto and 4Kids is located in New York right?If so,the idea doesn't seem that farfetched.

As for the Mewtwo thing,are we sure Ted Lewis wasn't a VA for Mewtwo? Cuz' in "Mewtwo Returns",Mewtwo souds A LOT like Yami Yugi.

As for Masato's English VA,please for the love of god don't let it be the Richie/Mokuba/a crap load of other trainers' voice!>_<

Animelee
22nd May 2003, 12:53 PM
LOL, Yami AND Mewtwo sounded the same because they're both voiced by Dan Green! ^^;;

Anyways, Ocean in in Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada, and 4Kids is in New York City, New York, America. They're both on seperate coasts of North America, so it's not possible. But like you said, they're both associated with Viz, but 4Kids probably would just like to stick with its own actors.

Fire_Convoy
22nd May 2003, 02:03 PM
Here's something we haven't thought of:

Gary has not been seen since the end of Johto, and apparently will not travel to Hoenn. Maybe Gary's voice actor (whose name I cannot remember) will take over as Masato!

Hanada Tattsu
22nd May 2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Fire_Convoy

Gary has not been seen since the end of Johto, and apparently will not travel to Hoenn. Maybe Gary's voice actor (whose name I cannot remember) will take over as Masato!

Gary? Masato?

No, I don't see how that could ever happen. Gary has a snobby teenage voice, Masato has more of a baby voice.

Ashi-chan
28th May 2003, 04:01 PM
Originally said by Fire_Convoy:

Dear God if Shigeru's dub VA played Masato--eeek! Shige-kun's dub voice irks me A LOT.

I could actually imagine Masato w/ Mokuba's dub voice. I think it would work, but I can understand why you guys are sick of it though. 4Kids's reusing of their VAs has gotten so frequent and annoying that my sister and I have almost made it a game to guess who's speaking for every new character in the Pocket Monsters and Yuugiou dubs.

But I can't help but like dub Mokuba's voice. It's really cute IMHO, but his Japanese seiyuu Takeuchi Junko (Kanbara Takuya and Gomamon in Digimon, Naruto in Naruto) plays a very good Kaiba Mokuba as well.

Hanada Tattsu
29th May 2003, 06:03 PM
Yeah, Gary has a real wierd voice, it's just wierd.

Did anyone see a episode of Yu-gi-oh where a kid was being voiced by Ash's VA, it was funny. He kept saying "awesome", lol.

Ashi-chan
30th May 2003, 12:16 PM
Originally said by Hanada Tattsu:
Did anyone see a episode of Yu-gi-oh where a kid was being voiced by Ash's VA, it was funny. He kept saying "awesome", lol.

Yeah, I remember that eppie! I totally forget what the kid's name was, but it was the one boy who was watching Jounouchi duel Insector Haga on the laptop and dictating everything that happened to Shizuka--since, of course, she still had the bandages on her eyes. I was like, "Wow, that's so 'not' Ash!" Note the ' ' around not. ^.^;;

Hanada Tattsu
30th May 2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Ashi-chan
Yeah, I remember that eppie! I totally forget what the kid's name was, but it was the one boy who was watching Jounouchi duel Insector Haga on the laptop and dictating everything that happened to Shizuka--since, of course, she still had the bandages on her eyes. I was like, "Wow, that's so 'not' Ash!" Note the ' ' around not. ^.^;;

LOL, yeah, it was the hospital kid who was running away from his X-rays or something. Well, the kid did play on words, he would use vocabulary that Ash uses a lot, like 'awesome' and 'cool'. :)