PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge: 1-1 (Ref needed)

Meowth_Kitten
15th December 2002, 07:15 PM
This will be a 1-1 open challenge battle.
You send you Pokemon out first, I will attack first.
DQ time- 1 week
Arena: Ref choose, please

Ultimate Charizard
15th December 2002, 07:18 PM
ill take u on, and ill use

Pikachu (m)

Meowth_Kitten
15th December 2002, 07:33 PM
Okay, great! I will use Celosia, my female Growlithe.

Celosia, start out by using Agility to quicken your pace. Then, try to frighten the Pikachu with a Roar attack. Finish up with a Bite attack.

Ultimate Charizard
15th December 2002, 07:42 PM
Ok Pika, start out with an Agility of your own followed up by Flash, after that use Surf

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 07:44 PM
I'll ref this for you. The reffing and arena will be up by tomorrow afternoon.

Oddish17
15th December 2002, 10:47 PM
I just realized, you two should have waited for the arena before posting your attacks.

Here is the arena, it's from one of my first battles.
This battle will take place in the middle of the desert, with all signs of civilization far out of reach. There is a small oasis, where this battle will take place. This oasis has a small lake, with some light vegetation on the shores. A few palm trees provide scant shade from the heat. The sun is beginning to set on the horizon, making it difficult to see. The heat is still on the edge of unbearable, but it is beginning to cool.

I'll ref your attacks as they are, but I'll wait for you both to reply first. It's just you may want to rethink your strategies now that you know the arena. If you're content with your attacks, then I'll ref it as is. Wouldn't want someone to be mad at me for some reason ^_^;;

Meowth_Kitten
16th December 2002, 04:11 PM
I am content with my given attacks. Thanks letting us know. =)

Ultimate Charizard
16th December 2002, 06:05 PM
Yeah im fine....actually, replace Surf with Thunder Wave please

Oddish17
23rd December 2002, 07:14 PM
I'm really sorry for taking a week to ref this. I hope you two aren't upset, the holidays have really kept me busy.

Round 1
Celosia(Growlithe F) vs. Pikachu(M)

Celosia- Agility ~ Roar ~ Bite
Pikachu- Agility ~ Flash ~ Thunder Wave

Battle
In the intense heat of the desert, these two combatants square off, Celosia the Growlithe against the male Pikachu, who, in accordance with Pokemon tradition, is named Pikachu. Celosia starts things off, disappearing in a flash, before reappearing once again, with an impressive show of speed, especially in this heat. Pikachu apparently isn't impressed, and proceeds to show off his own speed. As the two have finished their speed shows, they continue on. Celosia, upset at Pikachu copying her move, lets out a vicious Roar, inspiring fear despite her small frame. Pikachu shrinks back, looking for some shadow to hide in. Celosia takes advantage of Pikachu's fear, running through the sand full speed. In an instant she is upon the scared Pikachu, biting down hard upon his left leg. Pikachu lets out a shriek of pain, as electricity crackles through his body. Celosia lets go, and retreats a short ways, only to be greeted by a small beam of electricity. The current makes its way through Celosia's body, causing her muscles to spasm uncontrollably. Pikachu glances down at the wound in his leg, and prepares to get revenge on that Growlithe.

Stats
Pikachu- 94%, briefly enhanced speed, small wound in his left leg, somewhat scared of Celosia, fatigue(11%)
Celosia- 100%, briefly enhanced speed, paralyzed, fatigue(11%)

Arena- the sun is beginning to set, although it is still quite hot

Ultimate Charizard
23rd December 2002, 07:31 PM
Ok Pika lets turn up the Juice

Start out with a Flash and follow up with a Surf.

After that a blind and Wet Meowth is gonna be one hell of a target for Thunderbolt

Meowth_Kitten
24th December 2002, 10:59 AM
Ok, great job, Celosia. Keep up the great work. Now, I want you to use Flamethrower as your first attack. Try to burn Pikachu as much as possible and try to make it impossible for it to use Surf, but only if you can. Next, I want you to use Roar once more, making Pikachu run in fright again. As your last attack, use Take Down! Whatever you do, if at all possible, try to avoid any crazed water if Surf attack is used!

Ultimate Charizard
26th December 2002, 10:42 PM
reffing please????????

Ultimate Charizard
1st January 2003, 11:47 PM
Well since this has taken way too long im abandoning this battle to try new challengers.

Sorry Meowth Kitten, blame poor reffing.