PDA

View Full Version : This is not an oro [It is in bad need of vector editing though] (quite some blood)

Azura Stardust
14th May 2003, 02:31 AM
Hehehe... ok that wasn't meant to be a pun of the controversial picture "This is not a pipe"... forgot who did it... ^_^

Anyway, I think I seriously need some help on Adobe Streamline.

Why?

I SIMPLY DONT GET IT AT ALL... @_@ It keeps screwing up my pictures and makes the lines all bumpy and wavy. DAMMIT, why can't they be straight? Anyone who can help will be greatly appreciated...

Anyway, I was supposed to be doing a cover page for some thingy and ended up with a very very very below-par picture of Kenshin pressed against something (explains the folds of skin under the chin), done in a thick brush straight from the tablet without any damn inspiration.... Very crude drawing, even cruder "cel" shading... I did his eye quite blehish, and was too lazy to correct it (I hardly redid anything in this picture. In fact, almost nothing...) I simply had to try and practice my tablet pressure manipulation skills and I think I royally failed.... :wave: I thought "What the hey I might as well pop my damn head in" and here you go, teh ugly bleh picture. The ONLY thing I really like about it is the background. Now that was a fluke... You see, I *ahem* downloaded Photoshop and threw in a serial number, and er, I was playing with the brushes. ^_^ I've used PS7 middle last year (school), but only downloaded it about 2 weeks ago. I swear the brushes have provided so much fun I want to kiss the people who made them. So while messing around the brushes to do the blood properly, I decided to slant the brush, added some texture, did some nifty effects and whoa, its LINE STUFF! And then I just blotched up some more stuff and added a wet edges effect and got the not-very-nice blood spots. Kekekeke... Now it looks blurry because I used a bit of the Motion Blur filter. In the end I think it wasn't such a good idea but it be TOO LATE NOW! Awww. A lot of mistakes, and I think it would have lookd a lot nicer and smoother if I could control my tablet better, did this while I wasn't half-asleep and also used Streamline. Ah well...
As for the words, the top-right is Kenshin's name, the bottem left is "xi sheng" - it's Chinese for "sacrifice". Kind of. Heh, I kind of like the words a bit...

Ok, well enough with the babble, here is link to ugly picture. :) Dis-enjoy.

WARNING: CONTAINS SOME BADLY DONE BLOOD. (http://www20.brinkster.com/shoreii/I_screwed_up_kenshin.jpg)

I need some criticism in my life. SO GIVE IT TO ME BABY!
@_@ (you can tell I'm slowly losing it...)

Lightning
14th May 2003, 08:44 PM
Omfg... XD I love the background. Anyway, that picture is better than I could ever hope to accomplish. o_O; Although I haven't had the priviledge of watching that anime (sniff... ;_;), I've seen the art from it a lot. Kenshin looks pretty good. ^^; Anyway, if you hadn't mention that he was... pressed against something (and what is this thing, may I ask? o.O), I would have thought something was wrong with his face, which still looks kinda... chubby. o.o The cell-shading thing went well, though. If the picture weren't so blurry, it would be more noticable. It also looks like you didn't shade the same way on the clothing. oO; You still did a really, really great job ._.; I wish I was that talented. And btw, the background is really nifty. o_O;

Bai,
Lightning

Flareon-trainer
14th May 2003, 10:57 PM
Kenshin and a lot of blood go together very well, to my surprise(being a "ick, blood." person). The background slightly reminds of the ink blots seen in manga. Kenshin looks like Kenshin, so I'm happy.

Crit: He looks very young because his face is smushed into his head. I agree with the motion blur being too much. If you keep practicing your faces and bodies, you'll do fine.

dr._samurai
15th May 2003, 02:50 PM
sadly i won't critisize you =[
anyway i've been drawing all my life but i suck at it. i made an attempt the other day to draw kenshin fighting inuyasha but i threw it out. the drawing is good, i envy anyone who can draw.

Aegiso´Fer
16th May 2003, 09:34 AM
Meh...it´s kenshin...i wanna see it...

This is what i see:
"HTTP1.1 STATUS 403 Remote Access to this object forbidden This file cannot be directly accessed from a remote site, but must be linked through the Brinkster Member's site."

So, do it to fix it! gogogogogo! :)

Azura Stardust
16th May 2003, 08:42 PM
Sankyuu BERY much for the criticisms, people!! ^____^

Bah, that stupid error - try Cutting and Pasting the URL into a new window (like what people do for geocities sites...) If you still get an error the best you can do is come back the next day and try again (some bandwidth weird stuff :\)

I think I shall try avoiding people's heads being smashed back next time. Makes them look funny, ne? Until I can perfect heads (especially heads facing right - being a right hander, drawing those becomes very awkward) I still could've made this right if I smoothed out the chin a bit, it had this bump there.... bha >_>

No more motion blurs until further notice. Feh... I messed up on this one, but I guess it ain't all that bad.

And you're right, next time I shall be more careful about the clothes...

I still wuv the background. ^^ Anyone who has Photoshop 7? I can tell you which brush settings I used...

The weird liney liney stuff
Get your usual normal round brush. Go to Brush Tip Shape, set angle to whatever angle you want, Roundness 0%. Hardness is 100%, unless you want something softer (though it might spoil the effect a bit). Spacing is 150%.
Shape Dynamics - Turn on size jitter (100% is what I put it at), no Medium Diameter, Tilt Scale, Angle Jitter or Roundness Jitter.
Scattering: Scatter (both axes) for about 379% or so... No Count or Count Jitter.
Texture - now this was a pure fluke. I picked any ol' texture from the presets - PS7 has a lot - Look for one called Blue Daisies, it's in one of the nature texture presets. You can try many many other things.
Dual Brush - Mode: Color Burn (I didn't even realise it was there until just now, actually...) Get some hard round brush, spacing about 115%, Scatter both axes for about 300%, Count is 6.
There you go, your own weird brush. You can take off all the fancy effects and still ahve a nice functional brush for speedlines.

Blooody brush >=D
Brush Tip shape: Roundess 100%, no angle, Spacing 48%, no hardness...
Shape dynamics: Size jitter 100%, no minimum diamter or angle jitter, roundness jitter around 50%.
Scatter both axes by 360%, Count is 5, Count jitter 78%.
Dual Brush: Mode is Hard Mix. Now the brush itself is a sampled tip, I don't know where it was from. I think it's under Assorted brushes, it's a size 32 wavy-squarey brush. Gah... good luck finding it. You can try other dual brushes too.
Other Dynamics: Opacity and Flow jitter at 100%.
Tick Smoothing.

Now that should work...

You know, you get some of the coolest brushes by coincidence :D

You can use that liney brush for rain, too.
(see sample)

[attachment deleted by admin]