PDA

View Full Version : Vandread

Azura Stardust
14th May 2003, 07:20 AM
Hello again people. Well I read this month's TV schedule for the local channel that shows anime, AXN, and after RAVE finishes somewhere next week, Vandread [13 eps long] will be replacing it.

Now I can't access any Vandread site which doesn't take yonks to load (lately my cable connection's been working up) so I'd appreciate if anyone who knows or has watched the series tell me if its worth watching. (I dont think they'll show the god-knows-how-many successive sequels...)

[hehe, I watched the Arai Shakku/Seikku episode... IORI IS SO DAMNED CUTE... "Gojaru!" XD]

Shadow Trainer Ash
14th May 2003, 03:31 PM
I love Vandread. ^_^ It's hilarious, especially for girls. The animation and music are both equally good, and though it can be pretty perverted (a.k.a Dita asking: "Why do guys have tubes between their legs? I wonder if it hurts when they walk."), it can supply plenty of laughs for women. I'm not exactly sure of how guys think of it, though my two neighbors who are guys both equally love it. Personally I suggest in watching it. Even the dub it decent

Red Angel
14th May 2003, 06:20 PM
STA bsically sums it up... it's a hilarious pseudo-comedy in space.... although it does have it's serious parts. Oddly enough for a Gonzo work, it haz very little fanservise.. so... um... yeah. You should watch it. One thing, though... if it's 13eps long, that means it's just Stage 1 (the first season). In that case, tape it so you cna watch it and the Second Stage together later... because the fist season's ending sucks. Just absolutely horrible... you have to watch the second season if you're to make head or tail of it... and if you understood my incoherent rambling, go have a cookie. You've earned it.

Azura Stardust
15th May 2003, 08:36 AM
Yay! Thank you very much for the review/synopsis/opinion/whatevers! I get the feelings its the kind of anime I'd really like to watch. :D RK will still be playing during Vandread's run, and it'd be a serious time because of mid-year report card -.- so I'd need something to crack me up. LOL. I hear that the graphics/CG images are gobsmackingly aweeffusingly jawdroppingly great. Well, at least half of that...

Hai! I shall get ready my chair... and my eyes... and my brain... and my gaki alter-ego (hey I still AM a kid after all :D) and go CRAZY! AHAHA! (Like now. WHich is why I'm online, to try and cool off. Watching an intense RAVE episode + 2 awesome wonderful RK episodes, having Heart of Sword still stuck in my head and desparately clinging to the current ending - 4th Avenue Cafe - plus reading rave reviews about Matrix Reloaded, and Keanu Reeves being such a awesome guy, and getting to finally watch Matrix on VCD tommorrow and planning to get the Reloaded ticket on Saturday.... and Misao being such a hyperactive little girl... GENKI GENKI GENKI!!! @_@)

(I don't need a psychiatrist. I need some time, less Maths, more fruit juice and a haircut.)

EDIT: Oh yes, and I sure am enjoying that cookie. :)

Azura Stardust
2nd June 2003, 08:27 AM
Kakkoi! I've watched about half-way through Stage One, and though it's not exactly my kind of anime, it's pretty entertaining and kept me watching. I simply wanted to see how most annoying Dita could get and how much angrier Hibiki could get. XD

But one big thing was...

DUERO.

Oh my gawd. I fell for Mr. McFile as soon as I saw him. I. LOVE. him. MY GOD CAN YOU RESIST THAT HAIR AND SMILE!?!!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHH @_@ XD I've fallen in love with him man... <3

However you just GOTTA love the TV station here. Right after Vandread ends they continue wiiiiith... Vandread Stage 2!! So I don't need to tape anything because it'll just continu!! YEEEEHAAA!! Don't you wish you had my TV station? :D :D :D

Hehe, and they're going to show Ranma 1/2 (after so long of not showing it at all!!), Galaxy Angels and Ayashi no Ceres as new series this month. HALLELUJAH.

Red Angel
2nd June 2003, 09:03 PM
They're showing stage2, then Ranma, and Ayashi no Ceres? OMG... you lucky... person...

Roarkiller
3rd June 2003, 05:15 AM
Juz so u know, Azura, Vandread was shown on TV Mobile before replaced by Boys Be and now some anime parallel to Vandread, except it sux.

Its at 6.30-7am, in case ur wondering, lol. Im on the bus at that time (long journey to school man).

Damn, i envy ppl with cable. Doesnt matter, i got broadband and can download eppies. Juz got Kenshin OAV and Seisouhen (Kenshin died! He DIED!!! OMG!!!!!)

Azura Stardust
4th June 2003, 08:38 AM
Yeah! I know its on TVMobile, I saw Boys Be once... BLEHEHEHEHEHE!!!!! I saw an ad for Vandreads english dub VCD... I swear I almost wanted to puke....

Well it asn't TOO bad I guess.

Red Angel: Well actually it's like this: Right after Vandread finishes they'll show Stage 2... meaning I don't get to scream because of a bad ending... I LOVE THEM... And then um after RK ends, which is on June 21, then on June 23rd they show Ranma 1/2 - same 2-hour slots, i.e. 1 hour instead of 1/2 hour like everything else - and when Strange Dawn ends... that should be around next week or beginning of next next week... then they will show Galaxy Angels in its stead, and Galaxy Angels ends right on the 27th so on the 30th they show Ayashi no Ceres in its place. I heard AnC was pretty crap though so I'll give it a miss... must watch GA and V2 and Ranma 1/2, though. @_@

Hehehhee... >=)

I go carpooling with my neighbours (she goes to RGS too! :o) so I dont see it on TVmobile, though once I saw it in the evening...

And you better stop leaking Seisouhen spoilers all over the place! Norty! Though I have watched the hwole thing my firewall has a stupid bug that if I download from programs like Kazaa/Gnucleus at too long a stretch it overloads the VM and crashes -_-;;;;;;;;; I REALLY want to watch tsuioku hen and seisou hen.... Damn you.... and I DO have broadband too... RAWR

You should send them to me ^________^ though I dont have IRC and dont knwo how to use it... ._.

Azura Stardust
10th June 2003, 05:58 AM
Ok man. I just finished watching Vandread (stage 1)... I have to say...

It's not the worst ending I've seen :D

HOWEVER

THE ENDING STILL ISN'T ALL THAT GOOD!! @_x;;; Wtf, its a VERY good way to get you to ever buy DVDs of Vandread S2... YAHOO they're playing it tommorrow! Hehe, from S1 straight on to S2! I couldn't be much happier!!!

And Hibiki is so cool now!! (I still love Duero though ;_; )

Roarkiller
10th June 2003, 08:48 AM
Well, yay for u, the one with cable and AXN and spare time to watch in the evenings :(

Anyway, im more interested in deeper anime. Hunting for Jin-Roh right now, and downloading .hack//sign and STILL looking for a place to get .hack//dusk other than AnimeJunkies and Kazaa(which has AJ's anime only too, lol) since their version only gives me a lot of green. Yep, one big green screen from start to finish.

Azura Stardust
11th June 2003, 09:22 AM
Hey, my schedule works AROUND AXN time schedules, yanno ^_~ Seriously, sometimes I'm far too obsessed with it. I swear... I'm usually free on Wednesdays just that Tuesdays I can't help coming home really late so I miss anime and I always want to catch the rerun on Wednesday at 3:30 (to 5:00... and hten after that I watch some more from 6:30 to 8:00 XP) so I always tell my friends I'm busy... :X!!!

And Vandread is deep enough if you go think about it. Almsot any anime is actually, but I can't say Vandread is completely shallow. Ok its not as deep as Rurouni Kenshin or similar, but maybe its targeted to a slightly different set of people though maybe inthe same age band. Besides you dont know how hard it is to make anime that's very deep as well, not everyone is so smart. :no:

Vandread Stage 2 started today...

I swear, they completely f***ed up the music. I'm very sorry for the overly coarse language (I rarely use it on message boards like this... at least not that word) but I'm going to do what I did when the ending theme (GOD! It SUCKED! Was it some kind of recording of someone having SEX for god's sake?!!) of the first Stage played - Mute the damn thing. At least the first stage opening theme song was quite nice and jaunty, but the second stage opening theme song was really ._.;; And the ending song was almost unbearable. I don't even want to go into detail about it.

Oh well. I wonder what is going to happeeeennnnnnnnn~! *sounds like a crazy idiot by now and leaves...*

PlatinumHawke
13th June 2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Well, yay for u, the one with cable and AXN and spare time to watch in the evenings :(

Anyway, im more interested in deeper anime. Hunting for Jin-Roh right now, and downloading .hack//sign and STILL looking for a place to get .hack//dusk other than AnimeJunkies and Kazaa(which has AJ's anime only too, lol) since their version only gives me a lot of green. Yep, one big green screen from start to finish.

Then go to www.animesuki.com and get the Solar encodes for .hack//DUSK.

And Ceres is really good if you're either a fan of Watase Yu, or of a dark shoujo romance. If your neither, then skip it.

Back onto the top of Vandread... Sometimes you need a bit of "brain off" anime every so often. It's good to just sit back and watch a series, being totally entertained, without having to get nailed with various GAINAX-esque mind screws.

I really need to get the Vandread box set so I can oggle Jura (<3 Asakawa) in full DVD quality.

(And I like Justice. The synth-lines remind me alot of Twilight Zone -RC Club Mix-)

Shadow Trainer Ash
13th June 2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Roarkiller
\

lol, I know that feeling. Downloaded the first five Getbackers episodes, and all they were pretty much were big globs of purple. Same thing happened with my Wolf's Rain episode 14... although it didn't turn colors. It looked like it was dispixelizing. o_O;; It looked quite... INTERESTING on Kiba, that's for sure...

But yeah, you should go to animesuki. AJ sucks anyway... I downloaded one of their D.N. Angel episodes, and... gah. Awful awful...

PlatinumHawke
13th June 2003, 03:14 PM
They're using a different codec to make the AVIs now. xvid is the codec, if I recall right.

Roarkiller
13th June 2003, 11:23 PM
Yeah, juz found out bout their codec usage. Animesuki, huh? Might check that out some time. Right now, im content with kazaa. Yes, that dumb p2p program can actually transfer fast if the file's popular enough.

Azura Stardust
14th June 2003, 04:48 AM
;_; *kicks stupid ZoneAlarm* BASTARD THING HAS A BUG WHICH KEEPS DEVOURING VM EVEN *AFTER* DOWNLOADING >:0!!!!! Which prevents me from downloading too many things or the computer has a case of BSOD ;-; And my brother refuses to get anything else - he says its either ZA or an external firewall. >=O

Anyway, I guess Justice is ok when you get used to it but it's just the synth lines are... meh, they're not my kind of harmony ^_^; And I still stand by what I said, I hate the ending. UGH. What was the name of the first opening... I think that was a lot better than Justice ^_~ And Justice was liek using all teh parts from the old opening song. ._.; I did like the movement of the credits, it was really gr00vy, and the halftone effect. Fight for ya justice...

And PH is right, you can't be using your brain all the time ^_~ I actually did have a serious case of real mind block...

But what do you mean by dark shoujo romance? I'm not very experianced with genres or anime... x_X;; My friends said "Galaxy Angels" which is showing soon is better, but I honestly don't know. Bah. And no I haven't seen Fushigi Yuugi either which is, iirc, the other Big Work by Watase Yuu. (Her name is so cool!)

Jura is pretty sexy, I must agree. :o I don't like her much though... Dita is pretty goddamn annoying but she's ok sometimes... cute... Meia can be a bit of a snob but she's pretty nice, and B.C. is pretty cool. I like Okashira though, the boss herself is pretty nice... she knows exactly how to give birth to babies (wonder if she ever did! :O)... GASCO IS TEH BEST!!! I think Gasco's the best of the whole girls section! She can be so... COOL! Bah! There goes my vocabulary... Anyway, Gasco is teh best and Duero also > Hibiki and the other d00d's name...

I thought Dita's reaction was hilarious when that girl in the capsule went and kissed Hibiki though XD!!!

EDIT: Oh, and Roarkiller, I did chance upon that Vandread-a-like cartoon on TVMobile once... on the number 7... 7's are usually crowded, but if I was in a more empty one I swear I would have puked... I was ther with my brother and I was complaining like crap - ok the anime itself looked really boring/stupid/cheap, and rip-offy too (Can't remember the name, but it was really stupid too. Some long thing...)... and then the DUB made me want to change to a 75 x_x;; YEESH! Evil voices! I cant even describe it!

EDIT2: Oh yeah, the opening song was "Trust"...

Red Angel
14th June 2003, 10:00 AM
<waves>

I'm back (not that I've really left, just haven't been on TPM for a while)

I must agree, Azura... the Vandread endings and 'Justice' are just stinky... absolutely stinky... but hey, 'Trust' is nice, so be happy! :D

Roarkiller
14th June 2003, 08:31 PM
I kinda like the song Himegoto... :wave: