PDA

View Full Version : Argh! I Need A 6th Member!

123LTJ
14th May 2003, 08:06 PM
OK, after using my Sableye quite a bit, I realized that he really wasn't any good without recover, and I have no way to get that on him now, seeing how I have Ruby and a male Sableye. So now I need a 6th member, probably someone who can use Shadowball... or maybe a fire type. I don't have one yet (man I miss Houndoom). I dunno. But any suggestions would be great. My team is listed in my sig.... and I can't use Toxic! I wasted it on that Sableye. O well. Thanx for the help!

P.S. Any comments on the rest of my team would be nice, I'm not sure if I'll listen, but they'd be appreciated none the less... keeping in mind that I don't use moves like Swords Dance or Bulk Up... just not my style.

Gnome Slayer
14th May 2003, 08:29 PM
Aggron might work (I don't think it gives your team any 3x weakness.)

-Earthquake
-IronTail
-Dobule-Edge
-Roar/ArealAce(If psuedo hazing falls under your "do not use" catagory)

Gligar_Man
14th May 2003, 08:48 PM
zangoose is fun... ;) your team has a heracross (phys attacker) but zangoose is fun anyways... id drop crobat also

123LTJ
14th May 2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Gligar_Man
zangoose is fun... ;) your team has a heracross (phys attacker) but zangoose is fun anyways... id drop crobat also

But... I love my Crobat... it's SO annoying! The Attract/Confuse Ray combo really pisses my friends off! And she's fast enough to pull it off.

Can Zangoose learn Shadowball?

Nace
14th May 2003, 09:01 PM
Yup, Zangoose can learn shadow ball. You could go for Slaking/Vigoroth too. They're quite good if you use them right.

OffKilter B
14th May 2003, 09:22 PM
i love crobat too. its sadly underrated. i like confuse ray/poison fang/ hyper beam/ fly (leftovers) its a real killer.

PopCoRn
14th May 2003, 09:24 PM
I like Slaking also! I just wish i could put it on my Ruby :( he maybe slow but hes powerful!

MatthewKetchum037
14th May 2003, 09:25 PM
Zangoose is good, but I'd go with Aggron, because he does not have many weaknesses

123LTJ
14th May 2003, 09:31 PM
Aggron: 4x weak to ground and fighting, 2x weak to water

Zangoose/Slaking/Vigaroth: 2x weak to Fighting

So Aggron actually has MORE weaknesses than the norms.

What's a good moveset for any of these? And does hyper beam take 4 moves to recharge with Slaking's characteristic?

MatthewKetchum037
14th May 2003, 09:40 PM
Do not insult Aggron.

Salking takes twice as long to attack anyone because of its truant ability. Besides, Aggron's defense is one of the best in the game!

123LTJ
14th May 2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by MatthewKetchum037
Do not insult Aggron.

Whoa, sorry. Didn't mean to invoke your wrath, I was just pointing out a proven fact.

MatthewKetchum037
14th May 2003, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the apology.

PopCoRn
14th May 2003, 09:45 PM
Salking takes twice as long to attack anyone because of its truant ability. Besides, Aggron's defense is one of the best in the game!
well that means that your oppenents is screwed if you use that move that swaps abilitys :D

123LTJ
14th May 2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by PopCoRn
well that means that your oppenents is screwed if you use that move that swaps abilitys :D

Whoa... huh? I'm not quite following. (It's not your fault... I'm a moron.)

MatthewKetchum037
14th May 2003, 09:52 PM
Okay, if Aggron won't work, maybe a Metagross might. I think you need a steel pokemon in your party to round it out

PopCoRn
14th May 2003, 09:59 PM
Whoa... huh? I'm not quite following. (It's not your fault... I'm a moron.)
Theres a move that swaps the pokemons abilitys :D very usefull

MatthewKetchum037
14th May 2003, 10:04 PM
What's it called?

123LTJ
14th May 2003, 11:00 PM
I just found out from ArcinineX that Skill Swap isn't compatable with Slaking. So... so much for that, I guess.

DarkMarowak
15th May 2003, 02:48 AM
Hmm... Metagross would work well with this team. Try this moveset.

Meteor Punch
Agility
Earthquake
Psychic

Oh, sorry to say, I noticed your team has a three way weakness already... Crobat, Flygon and Cradilly are all weak to ice. I don't know which one (if you don't want the weakness) you'd want to take off your team... let me know and I'll recomend another Pokemon to take whichever one you pick's place.

PopCoRn
15th May 2003, 08:03 AM
I just found out from ArcinineX that Skill Swap isn't compatable with Slaking. So... so much for that, I guess.
....opps i was messing up i wasnt talking about Slaking all the other postes i was talkin about that dude that evolves from slowbro

Umbreon007
15th May 2003, 08:58 AM
Try a Skarmory
Skarm @ Leftovers
Spikes
Drill Peck
Roar / Whirlwind
Filler

MatthewKetchum037
15th May 2003, 02:37 PM
The problem with Skarmory is that it lacks real good moves.
Not that the pokemon isn't cool, it just doesn't have the moves.

Metagross has good types, and great move set possiblities. It may be a widely used pokemon, but it is for a reason, IT'S GOOD.

123LTJ
15th May 2003, 03:46 PM
Hey everybody, thanks for all your input. I think I'm going to go with Zangoose, seeing how I want to raise a poke that I haven't yet... and I've raised an Aggron and a Metagross in a previous game, and the whole Slaking Truance thing just bugs me. What's a good move for Zangoose? Keeping in mind that it needs Shadowball.

Otherwise you could recommend other pokes I could use (Besides Aggron, Metagross, Slaking or Vigoroth). It just needs to learn a Dark/Ghost move or be taught Shadowball. Thanx!

Gligar_Man
15th May 2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by PopCoRn
....opps i was messing up i wasnt talking about Slaking all the other postes i was talkin about that dude that evolves from slowbro

no one evolves from slowbro slowking also evolves from slowpoke, but anyways... slakings trait CAN be swapped, in 2v2 let your other dude learn skill swpa and switch traits... then pass it onto one of your opponents if you can, and they will be burdonned with the truant trait...

zangoose
crush claw
swords dance
shadow ball
rest

~ your welcome, ;)

123LTJ
15th May 2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Gligar_Man

zangoose
crush claw
swords dance
shadow ball
rest

Thanks, Gligar_Man, but... um... I kinda, sorta, just maybe... used the Rest TM already. Any other options in place of Rest? And can I get an alternative move for Swords Dance? I'll probably use it, but I just wanna explore my options if someone's willing to help.

EDIT: Would Brick Break be a good move to have on him? I know I already have a Heracross with it, but Fighting is so useful.

Gligar_Man
15th May 2003, 04:35 PM
id reccomend trying to breed it with a grumpig (it learns rest) and the baby zangoose oculd possibly get it, a friend of mine faced the same situation and that is what he did... just breed it with a grumpig, or at least thats how i remember it... :\ if not... id try and get rest on it is kind of important, :D... and swords dance is a move youd definitely want to have on any physical attacker IMO if it could learn it it is good to teach it that

123LTJ
15th May 2003, 05:07 PM
Are you sure about the Grumpig breeding thing? And if so, where can I get a Spoink?

Gligar_Man
15th May 2003, 05:10 PM
jagged pass, lvl 20-24 i believe... and yeah someone who IMs me for help alot ended up wanting a zangoose ubt used up rest and did it that way... if i recall correctly if not oh well now you gotta grumpig, :P

123LTJ
15th May 2003, 05:23 PM
Where is Jagged Path? I can't seem to find it.... wow I feel stupid. O well.

Or should I just load him with Carbos and go:

Crush Claw
Brick Break
Shadowball
Swords Dance

?

I mean, Zangoose isn't in there for staying power like Cradily... he's in there to hit hard and hit fast. Anything that he can't get STAB on with Crush Claw he can get a Super Effective on with Brick Break or Shadowball. I bet he could one or two hit KO almost any poke of similar level after a Swords Dance or two.

Crazy
15th May 2003, 06:59 PM
Just get a pokemon you like.Don't force yourself to put a powerful pokemon that you dislike.That is my advice.

Musourenka
15th May 2003, 11:39 PM
Jagged Path is right outside Lavaridge Town.

The Spoinks there are Levels 16-18, I think. And, I think it evolves into Grumpig at Level 32 or so.