PDA

View Full Version : *~The Four: Against the Odds~* My first fic! (PG-PG-13)..Read and Rate

*The Four*
15th December 2002, 10:32 PM
Well, this is pretty much my first time working on fanfics, but i'm gonna give it the best shot i can. There is a slight PG-PG-13 rating to it, but the really bad profanities are bleeped and most of the others will be inuendos. No gratuitous stuff, so its kinda reader friendly. It's got alot of crossovers, too. Hhope you enjoy it! Well, here it goes.

The Four: Against the Odds
--------------------------------------

Chapter 1
--------------

It was 5:15 in the morning and I was still awake. I haven't had any sleep ever since we couldn't find a job. I was just sitting around in my captain's chair in my wifebeater and jeans, nearly falling asleep on my console, and a half a can of beer to my side. The others were up as well. They haven't had one ounce of shut eye.

Oh yeah...I didn't tell you guys about me yet, huh? I'm Commander James Raynor, former Marshall and Commander in a campaign against this race of ugly-*** aliens called the Zerg. They've taken away everything I've held dear. Friends, family, homes. Ever since the Koprulu sector was overrun with those bugs I had to high tail it out of there to other parts of the galaxy. I let my troops go, practically quit the whole army sh**, and led my own life as a bounty hunter. However, I was a bounty hunter with restrictions. I'd never take a job from some scumbag who I should really be killing, and i woudlnt kill innocent people. So, technically, I was a vigilante. Luckily I ran into three of the most talented individuals and best buds a guy could ever meet...even if our team arrangement is kinda something Dr. Seuss coulda threw up.

I looked aroun the room, seeing the other guys all doing there thing to pass the long boredom. It was the same old vision I always saw on days like this. A large, blue turtle with bloodshot eyes sitting by a computer typing up a storm with coffee to his side, a pale-skinned, demonic guy reclining in his station chair with his feet up on his console, almsot asleep, and a little red squirrel half asleep on the ground in a drunken haze. Yep...best of the best, those three.

The blue turtle near the computer with the bloodshot eyes was my buddy Siege. Master Sergeant Siege Mortar to you if first names aren't enough for ya. He was one of the first Pokémon to serve in the UED. He's pretty much one of the smartest Blastoises ever. Highly intelligent and knowing a sh**load about computers and all that fancy crap, he's my second-in-command. He left the UED after he lost his commrades, his arm, and natural sight in one eye in battle. I met him at a space station cantina, where he saved my life from a bunch of lowlives who didn't like how I was ruining all their plans. Me and him got along quite well, despite some things. He and I shared the same views about the galaxy and its corruption and supported my ideas of being a bounty hunter/vigilante/mercenary. I won't forget the day I took him back to my ship, the Hyperion. He suped it up liek nothing I've ever seen...even put in a bunch of repair droids, a computer system, and an unhackable system defense sheild. Oh yeah...I almost forgot. My ship...the Hyperion. It's a state-of-the-art Terran Battlecruiser, and quite a strong one, too. Stronger than many of the standard BC's out there. It wasn't that much until Siege added some things. Plus I did get a few "benefits" from some old friends called the Protoss. They're some extremely powerful and advanced alien raced that helped me out with the Zerg. I've lost touch with them since then, however.

That tall, skinny, pale guy reclining over there was Beelzemon, the third guy to join our group. He's part of a genus of artificially intelligent beings called Digimon. Siege told me a bit about them and that they were in some ways realted to Pokémon. Kindof on the same curve, but on opposite ends. They had levels of evoltion that determines how strong they are. Beelzemon's a Mega, which is pretty much the highest level. He's a strong guy. He's a bit hot-headed and aloof, but he's one hell of a good fighter. Is's almsot as if he himself was an actual demon. He pretty much is, though. He left his friends and home some time ago to go atone for his sins. That's the reason he joined us. Me n' Siege met him after we saw him take on ten muggers in an alleyway all by himself. He left a pretty big mess there. The ferocity in which he fought made him perfect for the team I was building up. Aside from the darkness he always showed us, Beelzemon had a big heart. He always talked about going back to visit his friends one day on Earth. He misses them a lot.

The drunken squirrel was Conker. He's the last member of oru group. His life has been full of the wierdest sh** you ever seen. You name it, he's probably seen it. We met him at a bar one day. He was drunk out of his mind, talking about killing some panther king and becoming "king of all the land" and then running away. We didn't pay attention to him much until we saw some rustlers bully him around to take his money for drinks...and his drink. He pretty much kicked their asses right there and then. He was fast, and when I say fast, i mean fast. He had like...some sort of Matrix powers for some unknown reason. They weren't that much, but they were enough. I guess the stuff he's been through must have let something out. Well, he joined us for the money, drinks, girls, and whatever else...but deep down I think he has the same views as all of us.

Well....there we were....The Four of the Greatest Gunmen in the Universe...or The Four, for short. As I said, poor ol' Siege was up all night with his coffee looking for an outlaw or space pirate, or some sort of mission for us. I was restless and hated the wait.

"Sieeegee....." I groaned lightly in my restlessness, "Find anything yet?"

"Nothing thus far, Jim," he replied.

"Aw, for God's sake, Siege! I thought ssomeone with your mind coulda found at least SOMETHING by now."

"I'm a genius, Jim. Not a miracle worker."

Beelzemon yawned. "Aww, c'mon Jim. Give him a break. He hasn't had one bit of sleep for hours looking for us."

"Yeah, but are WE sleeping, Beelzemon?"

"Hey.....your right! Siege! Hurry the f*** up, will ya!"

Conker suddenly loke up from his daze, now feeling the effects of a hangover.

"Ugghhh...." he groaned, "Hey....Siege...you find us some work yet?"

"No, Conker, I haven't. Look, I'm as restless and bloodshot as all fo you guys, but at least I'M sitting up and working instead of leeting my brain rot so that my........" He paused for a second, "...holy crap on a crutch...."

We hurried to the computer screen.

"What did you get?" I asked excitedly, wanting to finally sleep.

"It's a wanted....a very familiar one. Guys, brace yourselves."

Siege went to the link of the wanted to show the person who we were hunting......and I nearly choked on the beer I was drinking.

"Oh God..." I said, "Not her again...please not her....dont tell me she's escaped again."

Beelzemon just growled, "..Ryoko.."

"I thought we dropped that ***** in jail a year ago!" said Conker, despite his hangover.

"Guess she escaped again," said Siege.

"Forget it. We'll kick her *** soon enough. Let's get some sleep."

"I don't think so, Jim. Says here we have to get to the wanted station and take the mission like.....now...or else were gonna miss it. We got no time to sleep."

The three of us who were standing fell down out of shock.

"Damn...." I said, "I guess its gonna be one of those days again, huh?"

I'll get to Chapter 2 as soon as I can. Please read and rate. Hope your enjoying it so far.

*The Four*
17th December 2002, 04:41 PM
Ack! sorry. I made chapter 2 its own thread by mistake ^^;;. Hope this fixes it.

Chapter 2
-------------

We arrived at the galactic police station the next hour. We were all still half asleep, but luckily we were able to get there without having to worry about losing the application to another guy on the count of at the time we were the only guys with the balls to take on Ryoko.

"Ya know," said Conker, "Why do we even have to sign up for this bounty? I thought you jsut go after the criminal, kill him, and bring him back for the bounty!"

"Times change, shorty," Siege replied, "It's the new intergalactic bounty hunting law that states you can only have one bounty hunter or bounty hunter team hunting one criminal at a time. It's to avoid bounty hunter fights as they all go after the same guy. It's like if a bunch of cats chase after a mouse and fight over who eats it."

"Yeah," I added, "And like they say, It takes organized bounty hunting to take on elusive criminals....like Ryoko."

"We won't run into any trouble, anyways. Any bounty hunters going against the new law are considered outlaws. Besides, we'd kick their @$$es anyways."

By the time we got up to the desk, we were all pretty much awake due to the conversation. The receptionist came to the desk and greeted us.

"Yeah, welcome to the Galaxy Police Bounty Admissions Center," she said nonchalantly, filing her nails," Whadd'ya want?"

"We're taking the job for bringing Ryoko down."

"Really? Heh...first guys to ever ask for that. You must be good."

I guessed she didn't really know us well if she thought we were just "good."

"Anyway, here's the paperwork."

She dropped a ton of papers on the table in front of us. Some of them flew from the pile and onto the floor.

"Sign here..here..here...here...here..fingerprint here....sign here again....and....sign at the bottom line here.."

All of us signed our names at all the places. Then she put more papers on the table.

"There's your warrant for arrest, liscense to kill, insurance,..."

"See?" said Conker sharply, "I told you guys the old fashioned way was the best!"

"Shaddap.." quipped Beelzemon, lightly smacking Conker upside the head.

We took all the papers and left for the Hyperion.

"Thank you. Have a nice day...it'll be one of the last you'll be seeing if your not as good as you say." She went back to filing her nails.

We got back on board and discussed our course of action.

"Ok.....so....what do we do next?" asked Beelzemon.

"What do we always do?" I replied, "We go around the hangouts that all fo those scum go to gamble and drink and find out where she is and what she's planning."

"Yes, and I suggest the first place we check is the nearest tavern," said Conker.

"Don't you ever get TIRED of those hangovers, Conker?" asked Siege.

"Hmmm...lemme think...nope. Bring on the booze."

"Calm down, shorty. Ok, we'll go to the nearest tavern since that's a likely place we might see her or someone who knows her. But whatever you do...ACT CASUAL. That means that if any of you get drunk...I'm gonna kick your @$$."

"Even me?" asked Conker innocently.

"Especially you, Conker.."

He gulped out of his nervousness and then conceded.

"Now, back to your stations. Let's go."

We all got back to our stations and set a course for the nearest space station. Hopefully we'd find something good there. Ryoko is extremely dangerous and elusive. If she's as hard now as she was the last time we encountered her, we'd be in for one hell of a fight.

*The Four*
19th December 2002, 10:03 PM
You know, I know people have been reading this, but no one is rating! someone PLEASE rate it so i can continue.