PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Dance Dance Revolution, anyone?

Becca of Team Rocket
14th May 2003, 11:58 PM
1. Have you ever heard of Dance Dance Revolution?

2. Do you own any Dance Dance Revolution CDs for the Playstation/PS2?

3. If yes, do you also own a DDR Dance Pad?

4. What's your favorite DDR song?

5. Which song are you best at?

---

1. Yeah!

2. Mmhmm, DDRMax and Konamix.

3. I do. It's a soft pad though so it's not very good.

4. Ordinary World, Dark Black Forest (Short Trip), and Sandstorm

5. Dark Black Forest (Short Trip) and Sandstorm.

Anyone else..? :)

Gligar_Man
15th May 2003, 12:41 AM
1. no

but darkanine1 or darkanine i forget hes a friend of mine but i dont recall his TPM name, he does that ddr stuff

Jay
15th May 2003, 04:38 AM

!8ball have I heard of DDR?
Most likely yes

No, I use the machines since I don't own the playstation. They're better in my opinion. I've only played the machine three times, however. I've listened to the songs more

Nope. I wouldn't mind though to practice

Now that I think about it, I like most of them! However I have three favourites in particular - www.blonde girl, candy heart and butterfly. The rest are sort of bundled together and they aren't as bad

I've only had a chance at nine songs, but I performed my best in www.blonde girl. The only one time I failed (which was my first try) was Candy Heart since I was getting used to the fact that you had to continuously jump on two squares, which was a pain

mistysakura
15th May 2003, 05:10 AM
Yes

I've got one for PS1, but I used to play on machines as well.

Yes... Tried playing with hand controls once. Got kind of pointless and boring (piano player gets 9/10 perfects)

I like butterfly and something else that I can't remeber... haven't played in ages.

Not counting the easy ones, In the Navy. Systematic, like me...

Madelyn151
15th May 2003, 04:09 PM
i don't have dance dance revolution, but my friend does and i'm completely obsessed with it. i try to do something with it every friday. ^_^;;

i'm probably best at "drop the bomb," cuz it's mainly the one i do, because it's my favorite. i also really like "end of the century," and "groove" at 1 speed, because it's like "grooooooooove.........."

GeneChildMewtwo
15th May 2003, 08:35 PM

Possibly... *points to avatar* ^_^

No, but my friends and I go to the arcade a lot to play. My friend has DDRMAX (US release).

Can I answer this anyway? It's a funny story. I have purchased two dance pads for the PSX actually. This was back when 3rd mix on PSX was new however... Between the 5 or so of us that used these pads (and two others that were not purchased by me) on a daily and constant basis... They have all been danced into oblivion... Luckily Arcade machines don't wear out like that. ^_^

DIVE, Although I also like any of BeForU's other songs. I'm also obsessed with MAX300.

Probably DIVE, since I used to play it a whole lot. Sadly, it's not on any machine after 5th Mix.

MarshmallowEgg
15th May 2003, 08:57 PM

Yeah. My brother and I were obsessed with it last summer. We used to go up the the bowling alley by our house and play it every time we got allowance.

No, because I don't own a Playstation.

See above.

I absolutely LOVE "Dam Dariam." I don't know why, it's just fun. I also like all of Smile.dk's songs, and the Paranoia stuff is cool too.

Dam Dariam and Butterfly. I can't really do too many really hard songs; five or six feet is my limit.

Avian Freeze
15th May 2003, 10:24 PM

Yup

Yes, I only have Konamix, though I don't really like playing alone. I play it when my friends come over and it's really fun :). I'm not very good at it though ;(.

Yes I do, I actually have two, and they were both bought for me as gifts XD.

Umm...I guess I like Hysteria and End of the Century.

I'm best at Higher, it's a pretty easy song and I can get a lot of perfects in it :D.

Chibi_Sugar
25th May 2003, 12:11 AM
1) yep yep! ^^
2) Konamix and DDRMAX
3) Yep, it sucks :D
4) Butterfly or Waka Laka, I can't decide, probably Waka Laka 0.o
5) I kick Dynamite Rave's butt >D and I'm getting pretty good at Healing Vision, methinks it's called 0.o

*singing* Now it's Waka Laka tiiiiiiime! *dances around while wearing her bunny ear headband*

UmbreonCurse
25th May 2003, 12:55 PM
1: Yep

2: Nope...but I'm gonna get one..someday

3: Yep, I tried it at my firend's house once

4: It's a tie between Butterfly and Mr. Wonderful. they're the reason I'm into DDR in the first place. I'm in it more for the music than the dance, really

5: Mr Wonderful and Sandstorm

en0miz
25th May 2003, 06:25 PM
Yes, I've heard of Dance Dance Revolution... I tried it at an arcade while visiting my cousin in Florida, and didn't like it at all. x_X I don't like techno music (or J-pop, or whatever you want to call this type of music) and jumping on arrows should not be called dancing. :p I guess DDR is just not for me.

EVme15
25th May 2003, 06:49 PM
Yeah! I've wanted to do it for sooooooooooo looooong. Then I finally got my chance April 18th, 2003 at Anime Boston. I wasn't good enough to beat my friends, but I had a good time.
THEY HAVE THEM FOR THE PS?! WHERE, WHERE?!?!?! *doesn't own a PS2 or any DDR cds*
However, I did download this really cool DanceDance Revolution spin-off for the computer. PM me if you want the URL, I don't feel like advertising.
*points up and cries*
Butterfly! *Ay, ay, ay, I'm your little Butterfly*
Luckily what I downloaded had most of the first mix songs. However, it took me about 100 tries to get through Butterfly on basic. ;_; Now I'm trying to beat it on Trick.
Well, in the real DDR it'd probably be "Boys". The basic story: I've only played 10 rounds.
At Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, in the arcade next to Doctor Doom's Fear Fall, they have DDR USA and DDR Extreme. My first time there I didn't play, but I saw these two girls doing "Boys". I though the song was really cool. As a result, I've played Boys 3 times. 1) Anime Boston when my friend accidently set us on Battle. 2) At Anime Boston when we tried again cause she screwed us up. 3) At Islands of Adventure, on my own, on Basic. Yup, me stinks. :D

crazybone
25th May 2003, 09:53 PM
1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No.

4. I go to the arcade for DDR. Haven't seen a DDR machine in years though. :\ I do the Japanese songs, and that LifeTear thing one.

5. Don't really care. I'm best when it's set to easy. =p

Tiamat
25th May 2003, 11:12 PM
I am not going to answer all 5 of those Q's, But my 6th period teacher brings his PS to school and lets us play DDR when we finish all of our work early! Kool teacher huh, he also lets us swear!

josheatworld3315
27th May 2003, 05:32 AM
1. Yes!!! Have several PC versions, and play in arcades whenever possible.
2. No... Stupid PAL Country... :(
3. See Above
4. Butterfly, and Kung Fu Fighting (PC Version)
5. Butterfly

UmbreonCurse
27th May 2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Tiamat
I am not going to answer all 5 of those Q's, But my 6th period teacher brings his PS to school and lets us play DDR when we finish all of our work early! Kool teacher huh, he also lets us swear!
I wish I had a cool teacher like that.....

Katie
28th May 2003, 12:02 AM
stupid computer restarted when I was in the middle of posting -_-;;

my old band teacher let us play ddr during the exams week (we had 2 hours to spare...), someone really screwed up my friend's mat >_< then this year my rotc teacher let us bring it in, after all, it's a physical activity :P

of course!

yup, I had konamix, loved it, got sick of it, gave it to my friend when I got max for ps2. I have max now, almost every song unlocked >_< I think I'm missing 2.. drop the bomb and something else I can't figure out...

yup. funny thing is I had it before I had a ddr game, or even a playstation for that matter. my friend got ddr usa for ps1 and asked me to go buy one so we could play 2 player/doubles :) so I did, my money was building up. must spend. must spend!! lol (this is why I'll never get a car.) this one's had a pretty good life, it doesn't respond very well anymore, I get Ds on songs I would normally A, if not AA. and it's got foam sticking out the back :(

oo.. sound-wise I like sandstorm and max300. oooo and look to the sky (any version) has a really pretty sound, and a fun dance to boot! ^_^ ordinary world is fun to listen to, but the dance sucks. my first favorite song still has a little place in my heart, nori nori nori. god that song sticks to you like glue. XD

hmm.. I'm pretty good at 'my summer love' on trick, that thing is fun XD I'm not really 'good' at anything in particular, I'm good at about 5-6 ft songs, and a handful of 7s. I don't like to challenge myself.. I'm just weird like that. ^_^;;

oooo and anyone who's ddr-smart, what does it mean when it says "system data is corrupted" then asks "cancel load? y/n" O_O heeeeeelp meeeeee ;-; I worked my butt off to unlock all those songs, and A every song on light and trick ;___; (except 2 songs >_>) grrr...

~Katie

Skark
3rd August 2003, 04:28 PM
YES :D Hooray for DDR! :Is addicted: I go to the arcade at least once a week.

Just DDR 6th Mix (MAX). My friend has Konamix.

Yup, a soft pad, and a metal pad. Both are broken irreperably ._.;

Hm, tough, possibly "Yozora no Muko". Every time I get a new song I like I over play it until I hate it.

Eh, I'm not great, I can only do a handful of catas (level 9 foot songs) but I guess you could say Sweet Sweet Love Magic.

Crystal Mew
3rd August 2003, 04:50 PM
~*1. yes, I have! =D

~*2. Yes, I recently bought DDRMax with my money :) and some of my brothers *is now poor* XD He wanted to get it cause he played it as his friends house the yday before, and Iwanted it cause I played it at an arcade ^_^

~*3. Yup. My brother bought that with his own money though.... so we only have one pad ._.; and three kids to share it >_>; myabe when I get a little bit of money, I'll buy my own.

~*4. Hmmm...Ilike Sandstorm, and Look to the Sky.... Look to the sky is really fun! too bad I can barely play it =D

~*5. THe only song I can play well is Sandstorm, lol. I suck at all the rest really :|

Scarlet Spider
3rd August 2003, 04:52 PM

i would hope so

yeah, i have the original american mix, konamix, disney mix, and ddr max but i dont usually play it. i just go to the arcade which is where they have extreme

2 ignition pads

uh, tons. irrestiblement is always cool. colors and v for extreme, a, sakura, the legend of max, cartoon heroes. i think theres more

well, this question is quite pointless. i'd prefer the question "what was the hardest song you passed" or whatever. but the song i'm best at would have to be some 5 footer or something cuz its easy to AA? the only reason i dont like the question is because i don't necessarily go for what song i'm best at, i go for difficult songs i hope i can pass. as for the hardest, i'd go with either sakura heavy, cartoon heroes heavy, healing vision angelic mix heavy, and waka laka heavy maybe.

god, i sound like such a newbie

Lorelei
3rd August 2003, 10:51 PM

Of course! I play it whenever I can, and I don't have a PS2, so it costs a pretty penny to keep using it all the time at an arcade. Some people I know drop about 50$ a week on that game at the arcade. I won't spend that much, but I love the game.

Nope, but I'm hoping it comes out for Gamecube. It'd be great to own at home. I want the pad too, but I'm a bit afraid of accidently breaking it and also, I have no idea where I could get one. DDR isn't the most common thing around here.

Oh, I only wish. I practise on a slip of cardboard at home when I can, because I have most of the music on my computer and a chart of the steps, I can practise a little bit.. I'm not sure whether soft pad or metal pad is better... soft pad sounds breakable but portable, and metal sounds durable but heavy as a pregnant water buffalo.

'Only You' is one of the best. Its just cool ^_^
'Kick The Can' is bouncy but fun, and 'One Two (Little *****)' is alot of fun too.
'Ooops I Did It Again (Fired Up)' is really fun to do, just because its a song I've heard before I ever started DDR, so its got a tune you can memorize off the top. 'Butterfly' is pretty too.

I'm best at 'Only You' and 'Ooops I Did It Again (Fired Up)', just because I play them the most often. And 'Kick The Can' is one of my better ones too.

Hurricane
4th August 2003, 08:12 AM

I have But I havent ever played. It seems kind of stupid because when I saw them at the arcade the people would just stand in the middle and step on the squares with their arms down, they looked stupid

No

No

No

No