PDA

View Full Version : Golduck and Starmie

Umbreon007
15th May 2003, 08:46 AM
In my team I was planning to have Starmie, but, I much rather go with Golduck since he is me favorite water type.
Golduck's and Starmie's Stats are about the same, but I don't know movepool-wise if it was a smart desision to choose Golduck.
I also not sure about a standard moveset for golduck.

I was thinking

Golduck (Sorry, can't get the picture right now) @ Leftovers/Shell Bell
Ability - Cloud Nine
Personality- Mild / Adamant
~Hydro Pump
~ Psychic
~Ice Beam
~ Foucus Punch / Brick Brake / Filler

Thank you

Gloom Guy
15th May 2003, 09:27 AM
I was going to rework my team to get rid of my unattainables & I was thinking about using Gloduck. I was gonna go w/ this moveset...

Surf/ Hydro Pump/ Water Pulse
Psychic
Light Screen/ Calm Mind
(Something of your choosing)

xvkarbear
15th May 2003, 10:53 AM
Stamie can learn thunderbolt. :D and that's why I'd say pick him over golduck.. but it's your teams.

×X×·ShadowPrince·×X×
15th May 2003, 12:09 PM
Go with a Modest Nature (- Att., + Spcl. Att.). Golduck doesn't need physical attacks anyway. Same with Starmie.

:)

Prince

:: One ::
15th May 2003, 02:05 PM
I'd say go with modest nature at chesto berry with

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Psychic/Calm Mind/Light Screen

Gligar_Man
15th May 2003, 03:43 PM
golduck is the only obtainable water type that gets calm mind giving it a huge advantage HUGE being it covers all of its weakness, ;) but first youd have to be able to pull it off enough without getting thunderbolted or giga drained, you know... but it and suicune are onlys *already has suicune on his uo team* but obviously you can see the advantages... all this about starmie it gets owned by one little toxic, lol... anyways both have advantages i would reccomend golduck

golduck
calm mind
rest
ice beam
surf

starmie
cosmic power/rapid spin
thunderbolt/ice beam
recover
surf/psychic/filler

... oh the possibilities...

Umbreon007
15th May 2003, 04:23 PM
What do I do if I used the Calm Mind TM and deleted it? (I used it on a Kadabra, then I deleted by mistake)
Is there anyone that can learn Calm Mind without the TM and able to breed with Golduck?

Thanks

Umbreon007
15th May 2003, 08:21 PM
I really need to know how to get Calm mind if I already used it...

Thanks

Dr Crocodile
15th May 2003, 08:25 PM
Raise an Alakazam to level 33. Breed it with a Spinda. Breed one of the male baby Spindas with a Psyduck/Golduck. Voila. A Psyduck with Calm Mind.

Umbreon007
15th May 2003, 08:29 PM
But I don't have a Game Link so I can't get a Alakazam....

Dr Crocodile
15th May 2003, 08:35 PM
Raise Meditite / Medicham to level 28. Breed with Spinda. Breed with Golduck / Psyduck. Voila. Psyduck with Calm Mind.

Ultimate Pikachu
18th May 2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Gligar_Man
golduck is the only obtainable water type that gets calm mind giving it a huge advantage HUGE being it covers all of its weakness, ;) but first youd have to be able to pull it off enough without getting thunderbolted or giga drained, you know... but it and suicune are onlys *already has suicune on his uo team* but obviously you can see the advantages... all this about starmie it gets owned by one little toxic, lol... anyways both have advantages i would reccomend golduck

golduck
calm mind
rest
ice beam
surf

starmie
cosmic power/rapid spin
thunderbolt/ice beam
recover
surf/psychic/filler

... oh the possibilities...

What is Kyogre then?