PDA

View Full Version : tv. for the gba.

tenchi
15th May 2003, 11:25 AM
did you hare wat 4Kids Entertainment is doing (http://www.gameshark.com/gameboyadvance/articles/402412p1.html) that so cool

Light_Togetic
15th May 2003, 11:42 AM
Woah... I didn't know that. It does seem kinda odd that people would want to watch episodes of 4Kids shows on their GBA. I wonder what it kind of sound quality it'll have? Oh well, as long as it has Pokemon and Kirby with it, I'll probably buy it. I could care less about Yugi. ;)

tenchi
15th May 2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Woah... I didn't know that. It does seem kinda odd that people would want to watch episodes of 4Kids shows on their GBA. I wonder what it kind of sound quality it'll have? Oh well, as long as it has Pokemon and Kirby with it, I'll probably buy it. I could care less about Yugi. ;) yeh do not care
adout yugi i want it for the pokemon!!!!!
they need good Pioneer like tenchi

Rocketboy
15th May 2003, 01:43 PM
Is it out now?

Entropy
15th May 2003, 01:47 PM
If you read the article, it mentions the technology will be debuted at this year's E3.

If anything, this is just 4Kids trying to pimp out the shows it dubs for their own benefit. I personally don't care, with a lack of a GBA.

Hanada Tattsu
15th May 2003, 04:37 PM
That is freaky.

Watching Pokemon wherever and whenever you want is a mixed blessing, I'd rather watch the Japanese version.

Pewter City Geodude
15th May 2003, 10:45 PM
I wonder who's developing it...it *is* on a cartridge, and I somehow doubt that 4Kids got a GBA dev kit... :P Nintendo themselves, probably.

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 08:43 AM
Yeah, but there has to be a catch to it.

So, you turn your GBA on and just choose an episode you wanna watch, and viola!?

tenchi
16th May 2003, 07:39 PM
if you read it you will know that they come up with new a
GBA-TV cartridge. There will be no need to buy any adapter!!
and you know they have tv adapter so you can watch tv
on you gba and they have things so you can put adap your
gba to you tv! so it not that surptising but it is surptising
that it did not come out sooner?:yes: http://www.tenchiintokyo.org/images/layout/interaction.gif http://www.tenchiintokyo.org/images/layout/images.gif

FlareonX
16th May 2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Yeah, but there has to be a catch to it.

So, you turn your GBA on and just choose an episode you wanna watch, and viola!?

If you look you'll see each cartridge only holds two episodes, so you don't have much of a choice on what to watch. 2 episodes for a little under $20 is a ripoff, especially since you have to watch them on that little screen.

Hanada Tattsu
17th May 2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by FlareonX
If you look you'll see each cartridge only holds two episodes, so you don't have much of a choice on what to watch. 2 episodes for a little under $20 is a ripoff, especially since you have to watch them on that little screen.

Do the episodes at least go in order?

I'd hate for them to mix the episodes up, LOL.

Entropy
17th May 2003, 10:31 AM
I have some concerns.

How will the quality be of these episodes?
What effect will this have on overall battery life? 2 AA's can't seem to handle this, IMO... It's too good to be true.

Crystal Mew
17th May 2003, 02:40 PM
yeah, I saw that...I think it would be cool...even if its a bit of a rip-off :/ I mean, sometimes you need to do something in the doctors office..or on vacations,lol Thats what I would buy them for

Reece
17th May 2003, 05:41 PM
Guys I just thought of this, the chances are low but Video Games have ratings, (same as TV but they don't change for 1 episdoe) They could Release TLOD and The Original Beatuy and the Beach Under the Teen or Mature rating, actually it could happen, WB and CN couldn't do ANYTHING about it and Nintendo wouldn't care.........

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 09:49 AM
Hey, Reece is right. They could do it under Teen or Mature, there would be no problem with that.

Except 4Kids would have to dub some scenes from both of those episodes, no?

tenchi
13th April 2004, 01:25 PM
Pokemon TV. Plays on the GBA.
There’s a new way to play on the GBA.! With
Game Boy Advance Video cartridges,
You can play episodes of Pokemob and
Other tv shows on the gba. Video cartridges
Will hold two full-screen,color episodes
And include fast-forworward,pause and
Rewind controls. Subsequent gba video, or
Perhaps a mix of video and gameplay.
Nintendo will kick off the fun this May with
A pair of gba video cartrides,each featuring two
Episodes from the hit Pokemon tv series:
“playing with fire” and “johto photo finish”
on one video, and “a hot water battle” and
“for Ho-oh the bell tolls” on the other.
Nintendo, majesco and other publishers will
Release new videos on a regular basis following GBA
Video’s debut. Majesco will roll out shows from
nickelodeon’s cartoon lineup, such as spongebob
quarepants, the fairly oddarents and jimmy neutron:
boy enius. It’s the start of something huge!just watch
and see.
“Nintendo power volume 179 pg.17 game watch’’

Blue Hiker
15th April 2004, 02:28 AM
The idea of TV shows on a GBA is great, but two episodes really is a bit of a ripoff and I don't think this concept has any hope of taking off if they end up charging as much for the cartridges as has been suggested. They must be crazy if they think people are going to shell out $15-$20 for two episodes.

Andrew
15th April 2004, 05:58 AM
15-20 dollars IMO opinion is reasonable for 2 episodes, making it 7.50-10 dollars each. When I brought my box set of DVDs for Angel and such I got each episode for about 6 dollars each, but that was on special, so I'm stoked. However, I guess if you're a die-hard fan you'd love this... And besides if you have the GC GB adaptor, you're set, eh?

Besides, you Americans need to stop whinging about how expensive things are lol You say 50 dollars for a game is too expensive. New games here cost about 80-90 dollars, with the occassional ones over 100. lol. And with the exchange rate, we get screwed over.

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th May 2004, 02:59 AM
I have heard it will have "For Ho-Oh the Bells Toll".

I will buy it. And I will show that episode to all my friends. For that episode is teh greatness. (and that episode has Eusine, who proved several points for me without even trying)