PDA

View Full Version : Poll: 17+ only (with exceptions): Are you in co-op?

Pichu
15th May 2003, 12:38 PM
I just joined co-op, thats why I asked... and hopefully I can get a job this September.

Lady Vulpix
15th May 2003, 01:04 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but could you please explain what co-op is? Some people don't live in the same country as you do.

Fett One
15th May 2003, 02:10 PM
I second the explanation since I don't know what co-op is either.

Pichu
15th May 2003, 03:02 PM
Co-op is ..........

Quoted by: From my college co-op statement:

Co-operative Education formally integrates a student's academic studies with related, paid work experience. Students alternate periods of experience in appropriate fields of business, industry, government, social services and the professions with their education.

Zak
15th May 2003, 03:47 PM
Heh... I'm under 17, so I can't really answer... but I just wanna make a comment:

This is the first time I've ever seen a topic on TPM with "Only ages _ +" that has nothing to do with sex, XD

Anyways, congrats Cynda, hope you get it.. heh

~Zak

Pichu
15th May 2003, 04:03 PM
If that explanation is still NOT enough, I like to make some examples what co-op is...

For example (1):
Ok, you go to college and you're in biochemistry and want to go to medical school. So you go to co-op program and the coordinators of that particular faculty accept you. They then present you with couple of jobs that are related to your school work. ie, if your school work is genetics, they may present you with jobs in a genomic laboratory.

If your major is in business, they may present you with full time jobs in a company.

If your major is in accounting, they present you with full time jobs in accounting...

etc.

In the end, you graduate university / college with work experience (by then, you'll be 24 or 25) (oh yes, it takes 2 years or 4 semesters to complete the program, so you graduate your college with 2 years of work experience), so that you can get a job easier in the society.

BTW: I had to mention this with AGE +17, because co-op education program is NOT offered in high school. :mad:

Fett One
15th May 2003, 05:18 PM
So in other words it's an internship. Why didn't you just say that to begin with. I'll probally end up getting an internship next summer.