PDA

View Full Version : Not an RMT, but close. And themed! (2v2)

acidrain
15th May 2003, 01:43 PM
I'm trying to put a "Beach Party" team together... not just things you'd find on a beach, mind you, I just want to base it around Sandstorm and Rain Dance. Yeah, I know weather teams aren't the best, but I figured I'd try just for fun. :)

I figured that as long as I was going with sandstorm, I may as well base the team around evasion and such. I think this team would work better 2v2 than not, but someone's gonna disagree and change my mind. :P

Solrock
Ability: Levitate
Personality: Neutral
Moves: Cosmic Power, Sandstorm, Rock Slide, Overheat

Cacturne
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Teeter Dance, Double Team, Focus Punch, Giga Drain

These two complement each other so well... except for the bug weakness. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything.

Swampert
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Muddy Water, Rain Dance, Earthquake, Roar

Tentacruel
Ability: Clear Body
Personalty: -atk +def
Moves: Safeguard, Wrap, Waterfall, Barrier

I'm tempted to start Tentacruel with the Cacturne... but who knows.

Kingdra
Ability: Swift Swim
Personalty: -atk +sp.atk
Moves: Rain Dance, Dragonbreath, Ice Beam, Water Pulse

Sandslash
Ability: Sand Veil
Personality: ?
Moves: Sandstorm, Rapid Spin, Rock Slide, Earthquake

I realize this team has a grass problem, but of all the elemental problems to have, Grass is probably easiest to deal with. I know having that many weather moves on a team is generally a waste, but this is more for fun than anything else, and if it works to some extent, hey, that's a bonus.

Oh yeah-- I wanted to get Thunder on the team somewhere, but I couldn't really fit it in the end. I had a Magneton (HP Water, Thunder, T-Wave, Rain Dance) but realized it'd die to a friendly earthquake (sigh). Any suggestions as to how I could fit that in somewhere without causing myself more of the same problems would be great.

Thanks. :)