PDA

View Full Version : A Super Mario Bros. 3 remake? It's about time!

Wild Female Machoke
15th May 2003, 02:25 PM
I know many people remembered the classic Super Mario Brothers 3. Now the GBA remake will call it Super Mario Advance 4. Unfortunately we had to wait until 2004 for its release.

BTW check out the screenshots (http://www.the-magicbox.com/game051303v.htm) You're not going to believe this. Nintendo even included Cape Mario (from SM World) as well as those giant vegetable from SMA (aka SMB2 remake). There are even a few enemies added that were not in the original SMB 3.

classy_cat18
15th May 2003, 02:30 PM
Trippy hybrid! I can't wait! I waited forever to put on the Tantooki suit again.

dr._samurai
15th May 2003, 05:46 PM
super mario bros. 3 was a great game. my favorite of the first 3 mario games. the best is on mario all stars for the snes there is a glitch where if you press select it gives you whatever item you want. that made it easy to beat the game. anyway i wont the remake, too lazy.

PNT510
15th May 2003, 06:05 PM
When am I gonna get a new god damn mario game for GBA?

classy_cat18
15th May 2003, 06:25 PM
What about Mario And Luigi?

The Muffin Man
16th May 2003, 12:36 PM
*Dances for Mario 3*

:) wootness.

PNT510
16th May 2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by classy_cat18
What about Mario And Luigi?

I mean platformer, not an RPG.

SageofLaughter
18th May 2003, 10:10 AM
I'm glad to see Mario 3 on GBA, but I'm disheartened by the addition of enemies and other things that the game just doesn't need.

I agree with PNT510. Maybe Nintendo should focus on making a new Mario game for GBA, rather than ruining their old ones.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
19th May 2003, 05:52 AM
Mmmm. My all-time favourite on GBA. But it does not look the same, the original was simply beautiful, now this is actually ugly in one sense...a matter of taste, I suppose.

Shadowfax
20th May 2003, 03:42 AM
Mario and Luigi RPG is actually an RPG a lot like Mario RPG ;x

and to use the cape and the turnip's in Mario Advance 4, you have to use e-card's to unlock new level's with them in it ;D

the actuall Mario 3 is exactly the same as the SNES version from Mario All Stars.

SageofLaughter
20th May 2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
the actuall Mario 3 is exactly the same as the SNES version from Mario All Stars.

You, sir, have made my day.

2004 can't come fast enough.

Iveechan
27th May 2003, 01:18 AM
Weird, they also have the turnip carrying element from Mario 2 (the only NES Mario game I could beat). Ha ha, look at Mario slide on his butt!

Kokomo
27th May 2003, 02:08 PM
Hopefully Sonys PSP will pressure Nintendo to make some new games for GBA instead of just giving us ports.

The Muffin Man
27th May 2003, 08:46 PM
Yeah, God knows we can't take much more Final Fantasy Tactics advance(not really a port), 3 Earthbound games(2 technically original), Super Mario 3(great game), and countless other amazingly fun SNES games with new plots, characters, items, etc. I want some crappy original games!

dienamight
27th May 2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Yeah, God knows we can't take much more Final Fantasy Tactics advance(not really a port), 3 Earthbound games(2 technically original), Super Mario 3(great game), and countless other amazingly fun SNES games with new plots, characters, items, etc. I want some crappy original games!

How do you know they're crappy if they're non-existant?

Kokomo
27th May 2003, 10:06 PM

When did I say that I dislike ports? I merely said that hopefully we can see some new games. God you really try hard to be an *** to everyone.:( Ports are great fun, especially since I never owned an SNES. (Went from NES to N64 for some reason:confused: ) Ports can be bad sometimes. (Donkey Kong Country- GBC and now on GBA, thats just stupid IMO)

~I also can't wait for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, and Super Mario Bros. 3 was a great game. *remembers all the time spent playing super mario bros.*:yes:

The Muffin Man
28th May 2003, 03:15 PM
We don't, Dyna. But we know Earthbound and Mario 3 are good games. If we didn't like it, we don't HAVE to blow $30-$40. We know we won't like it and thus don't buy it.

dienamight
28th May 2003, 04:01 PM
We don't, Dyna. But we know Earthbound and Mario 3 are good games. If we didn't like it, we don't HAVE to blow $30-$40. We know we won't like it and thus don't buy it.

Because relying on reviews, media, word of mouth and the ability to rent games would be dumb?

The Muffin Man
28th May 2003, 05:37 PM
Good. Glad you agree.

The Muffin Man
28th May 2003, 05:37 PM
Good. Glad you agree.

dienamight
28th May 2003, 06:09 PM
Usually when you get owned you simply begin ignoring the topic. Now you're taking up sarcasm, I see. Why the change? I like you quiet best. :yes:

The Muffin Man
28th May 2003, 07:54 PM
I'm trying out some new stuff. First was rage, then slinking away. Now sarcastic retorts...I'm thinking taking days on end to think up the best counter-own would be next.

PNT510
28th May 2003, 09:57 PM

So you are saying you don't want new games at all?