PDA

View Full Version : May's Little Bro = Scrappy Doo

Reece
16th May 2003, 12:17 AM
He is gonna ruin the series just like Scrappy Doo did to Scooby Doo, this Sucks a little nerd and May's little brother! Common! Ash's mom should go with them now!

DarkMarowak
16th May 2003, 01:13 AM
Hey, maybe he'll become the villian in the next movie! :D

BenRG
16th May 2003, 06:01 AM
Will people stop bashing Scrappy-doo? That little tyke easily added a few years to the run of the Scooby-doo cartoon through just one running joke. Who knows? Masato might do the same for Pokémon! :D

pokemongeek
16th May 2003, 06:40 AM
SCRAPPY DOO=WORST ADDITION TO SCOOBY DOO EVER! EVEN WORSE THAN THAT FLIM FLAM OR WHATEVER HIS NAME WAS AND DIL ON THE RUGRATS COMBINED!

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by pokemongeek
SCRAPPY DOO=WORST ADDITION TO SCOOBY DOO EVER! EVEN WORSE THAN THAT FLIM FLAM OR WHATEVER HIS NAME WAS AND DIL ON THE RUGRATS COMBINED!

Dude, calm down. Don't type in caps, it's rude.

Scrappy Doo is not a bad addition to Scooby Doo. He bought more color to the show, and I think Masato might do the same, even though I'm hoping for Misty to return.

AKA Pokemon Fan
16th May 2003, 10:46 AM
I have always found Scrappy Doo to be annoying, but then again the only Scooby Doo series I liked one bit was A Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Anyway, I see no resemblance between Masato and Scrappy's roles. From what I can see Masato has quite a bit of character to him that is different from any of the other main characters. Ash's role model relationship to him and the sibling relationship between him and May are all new things that have the potential for lots of new plot points and storylines. It's not like Masato is some snotty brat (though he may act that way toward his sister). He's a smart little kid who's eager to learn all he can and has a deep love for Pokemon.

Totodilemew
16th May 2003, 04:37 PM
I really like Masato, it would bring younger kids to watch the show because of him. Even though he has no pokémon, I think he has a lot of possibilities for future series, such as maybe spin off episodes/series. They could make him older too.

Entropy
16th May 2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
I have always found Scrappy Doo to be annoying, but then again the only Scooby Doo series I liked one bit was A Pup Named Scooby Doo.

Anyway, I see no resemblance between Masato and Scrappy's roles. From what I can see Masato has quite a bit of character to him that is different from any of the other main characters. Ash's role model relationship to him and the sibling relationship between him and May are all new things that have the potential for lots of new plot points and storylines. It's not like Masato is some snotty brat (though he may act that way toward his sister). He's a smart little kid who's eager to learn all he can and has a deep love for Pokemon.

I concur with this statement. Masato means no harm in the series, but it seems fanatics of the anime interpret it as so. If anything, I ponder how far the writers are willing to go with these possible subplots and such. A possible secret relation between Haruka and Masato? Yes, I'm that demented...

Seriously speaking though, I haven't seen Masato in any kind of obstruction in terms of furthering along the series or degrading it in any kind of way. Still, I'd wish 4Kids would lift their ridiculous 'CULTURE SHOCK' reasoning for tossing out the Japanes writing. Oh, watch out!

Zak
16th May 2003, 05:58 PM
Character bashing = n.

That basically seems to be the point of this topic... so...

~Zak