PDA

View Full Version : RMT! Hoohah!

GotMiltank
16th December 2002, 02:02 AM
Hehe, well I haven't seen any RMTs around, so I wasn't sure if they were not allowed so I checked the rules and by what I saw, I don't think it was mentioned anywhere that they weren't allowed except in someone else's version of the rules or something... ANYWAYS. Here's an RMT for R/S. I hope it gives a few new strategies or something that some may not have thought of before, or at least gets me some advice on my R/S team. Right, so RMT away! :yes:

*note 1: If I misread the rules and RMTs are not allowed, I apologize in advance*
*note 2: This team is made under the assumption all 386 pokemon will be accessible.*
*note 3: This team is made under many other assumptions as well, which will be mentioned in the moveset reasonings.*

STICKY BUSINESS

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs043.png
Tekkanin
Item: Miracle Berry
Trait: Acceleration
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Silver Wind

Okey, Tekkanin's great here, as his acceleration gives him a speed boost every turn, which can be baton passed away. Silver Wind is there (bug type Ancient Power-esque move) if he wants to attack, and may get that allover boost that can also be baton passed away. This attack is boosted by swords dance, which again... can be baton passed away. He's a baton passer, yep. Baton Pass is now on here at feeling sad's suggestion. It will get that extra speed boost, an equivalent of agility, bpassed with that sdance, while testing the opponent's strategy at the same time.

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs086.png
Volbeat
Item: Leftovers
Trait: Misfortune
- Firefly Light
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain

And we meet baton passer number 2. This one baton passes meditation's effect (also known as enlighten, which increases user's spec def and spec atk) instead. It heals itself via morning sun, and if it's par'd/frz/slp, so is the opponent (due to synchronize trait). It's psychic gets the firefly light boost as well, should it want to attack.

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs342.png
Umbreon
Trait: Synchronize
- Mean Look
- Moonlight
- Baton Pass
- Provoke

And finally, this is the 3rd baton passer, and last baton passer of the team. I realize it has no offensive moves, but that's not it's role here. It's role is to mean look, and baton pass that away. It heals with moonlight of course. Provoke is there to force opponent to use only moves that do not target itself (for example: swords dance, meditation, curse, are all unusable by the pokemon hit by provoke). This'll help the pokemon that receive the baton pass a LOT. Umbreon doesn't really pair with any of the pokemon receiving the bpass specifically, but either would be benefiting from this bpassed mlook (as they would be of course against a type that they are strong against).

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs134.png
Yureidoru
Trait: Sucker
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Recover

And this is where all that hard work is going to. It has the "sucker" trait which means it cannot be roared away, which is great as it's at the end of a baton pass, and it'll stay there with it's boosted stats. Nope, this baton passing won't be affected by roar/whirlwind. Haze however is a different story. Anyways... if it's taking the baton pass from tekkanin, it'll recieve the boost towards rock slide and quake, and gdrain boost from Volbeat. However, it's more likely to come in if tekkanin is the bpasser. Recover for obvious reasons. And Yureidoru will receieve STAB from both Giga Drain and Rock Slide.

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs363.png
Octillery
Item: Mint Berry
Trait: Sucker
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Rest
- Frustration

Another result of bpassing is Octillery, also with the "sucker" trait. Like yureidoru, octillery can't be roared/wwinded away. He recieves the greatest benefit from Volbeat, with his ice beam and surf, but is also functional with a boosted attack from tekkanin with his frustration attack. Rest to heal itself, and lose status effects (Mint Berry).

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs192.png
Metagurosu
Trait: Clear Body
- Meteor Punch
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Psychic

Finally, there's metagurosu. I don't know how many consider him an 00ber, but if he is thrown into that category, he will of course be replaced. But for arguments' sake, will keep him here. Anyways, his amazing attack and defense really come into play here. Meteor Punch (the 100 base steel move, with the 20% chance to raise attack) also gets STAB and does killer damage to almost anything. Everything that resists steel (water/fire/electric/steel) is pretty much dealt with efficiently by earthquake. This guy gets benefits from both Volbeat (psychic) and tekkanin (meteor punch and quake). Rest goes well with his high stats as he can usually get back into the game without taking much damage during resting. The Clear Body trait (this pokemon's stats cannot be lowered) may or may not counter haze. However, if it does, it'll just make this strategy that much more effective.

Right, so that's my team. Any opinions, suggestions, comments, whatever would be appreciated. :yes:

[Edit: Team is being constantly modified... so if something doesn't seem right in a reply, that's because the team has changed since then. k]

Azura Stardust
16th December 2002, 03:59 AM
I suggest you don't have the assumption that all 386 pokemon are available that easily... you know, everything is going towards assuming and with things like bots introduced, who the hell cares that Celebi is especially rare, it can be put in with the click of a mouse... it's just not genuine. It's not a real team...

Anyway I think it's better to stick to In-Game RMTs for now... you really can't call that your team because you can't get them in the game yet other than cheating, and as the saying goes Don't Cross Bridges Until You Come To Them, I think you should wait till people actually find out a way to get these pokemon, then it'll be, how shall I say, a more realistic team.

~_~ with introduction of bots and things like that, pokemon is losing its real flavour...

Anyway I think it's not a particularly good idea to have 3 baton passers on a team, even if there are 2 other Suckers there... Tekkanin won't survive ONE Rock Slide, so when you start it out, they'll switch, and seeing as your TEkkanin will start with Swords Dance, they won't get in any damage. Then you can either Baton Pass that pitiful ONE Swords Dance or stay there to get annihilated. And sorry to burst your bubble, but since Acceleration is Tekkanin's characteristic, you can't pass away the speed boosts. Only Tekkanin keeps it. Sorry 'bout that. And I think Rest is pretty useless on it. Heck, if you want to make those "succesful" kinda teams (like Suicune/Blissey/Skarmory/Snorlax/Zapdos kinda teams in GSC), I suggest not putting in Tekkanin at all... maybe a little further researching might give it a better moveset, but not for now I think.

As for Espy and Umbry, they're not even in the game (as far as we know, and quite a number are leaning to the assumption that they're not, and since you like assuming, why don't you assume this instead?) to catch and you still called this your team. :no: But I'll try and not think about that... I don't exactly see why you want Morning Sun and Moonlight on them. I think Rest might be more useul, seeing as the opponent gives you a status infliction, they also get it, and then you mean look them, and get your stats up, and then rest up to remove your status infliction... nah. Actually that won't work. Sorry. I really wonder which clever opponent would give Espeon/Umbreon a status infliction. :rolleyes: Unless you switched in and on the switch they bammed in a Thunderwave or something like that on you... you'd have to really predict the strategy then..

I think Yureidoru is a really sweet pokemon, it's only weakness is fighting (and ice which is countered by using ROck Slide)... It has some funky moves, like Confuse ray and Recover/Rock Slide (bred on)... and Ne-O-Haru! Since it already can't be roared or whirlwinded away and it can counter a rather large number of types... maybe Ne-O-Haru might be nice, it's like Leech Seed but you can't switch out. I dunno. You can think about that if you want I guess. And SUnny Day is another *idea*, it can attract fire types and then you can eat them up with Rock Slide. However Bakuuda might get away with this... and oh, with Sunny Day you can also Solarbeam away. Just an idea. Might not work. Anyway this guy has lotsa options and potential IMO, so... in contrast to Tekkanin, I suggest you keep this guy. :)

Octillery - sounds very, very, very very familiar... *cocks eyebrow*

Metagurosu has a rather nice set from the looks of it... :) Haven't thought much about it though...

Anyway sorry if I was being really harsh, I know I shouldn't, people are just starting to research on movesets in R/S... I'm in a bad mood because Coro-Coro was sold out ;.; SOrry :(

Here's a wave for you. :wave:

SageofDarkness
16th December 2002, 04:11 AM
With my limited knowledge, I will TRY and help...
(BTW. Nice to see you again GM)

In priciple, thai team is top class, what an Idea, with so many Pseudo Hazers flying around in the G/S/C forum, this is a top class idea, however it means there is likely to be a place for the HAZER in R/S :0/
Okay, one thing I did notice is the amount to REST's you have, don't forget about the power of MintBerry (I am assuming it is still around) Also perhaps SleepTalk on Metagurosu, if ClearBody works to counter Haze then, well lets just hope WE never meet on R/S Bot ¬_¬. I don't see a LOT of use for Umbreon, I know that the opponent can't power up to, but I am assuming that there will be traits that can counter this one too, also they can just switch, I would CONSIDER a Healbeller as you may have so sleepy Poké, but as I said, I know very little about this game and am just applying G/S/C knowledge.

I hope I helped abit, what a fantastic Strategy from a fantastic trainer, Good job.
:wave:

Feelingsad
16th December 2002, 04:47 AM
If you can pass the characteristic speed boost, give Tekannin Protect. with protect you could pass a 1 extra level of speed without your opponent getting an oppourtunity to attack you. Which might be helpful.

And Metagurosu has pre-evolutions.. I don't think it will be Uber..

Otherwise great!

Have a nice day.

ChIcK-KOH
16th December 2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by SageofDarkness
Also perhaps SleepTalk on Metagurosu
Hmm...First, it seems that Metagurosu doesn't get SleepTalk,
Secondly, SleepTalk has been weaken a lot /w the new TM Anti-Repeat & Taunt(I am sure with this, though).
The problem of this team is quite a lot of the members are unobtainable(legally).
Also Tekanin is not worth using, for his weakness sake.
The Speed boost is BPable, but not worth it.

GotMiltank
16th December 2002, 07:58 AM
Thanx for sharing your opinions and comments, they're appreciated. :)

Azura: Well, since they are programmed into the game, there's gotta be someway to play with them. That was the assumption made there. With tekkanin: I should probably refer you to scizor for this one. In gsc, scizor's purpose was largely to get an agility out to a slow, heavy hitter. Well, I think tekkanin could instead pass a swords dance out, and the speed boost (it may be a trait, but it is also a stat raising effect, which gets bpassed... like berzerk gene). However, I will agree with you on Yureidoru's incredible-ness (word of the day). It's a tank, with recover, and a great moveset potential. And like you said, it's weak to only fighting (water and steel as well). Water is really the only threat to this guy, however, since he is grass type with amazing spec def, he can easily hold his own. The rock slide and earthquake combo here was running of the hope that he gets baton passed the sdance from tekkanin, otherwise, I would have implemented a different strategy. The root spread technique, along with leech seed and leftovers and recover make this thing hella tankish, but that's just not the strategy that's going here. Oh yes *fixes your eyebrow* If you did come up with the idea of baton passing to octillery, props to you. And one last thing: I have to disagree with the bot's effect on pokemon. It has hardly ruined the spirit. Personally, I was never a fan of monotonous level raising, nor the dumb-as-brick plot of the game. I enjoyed the battlin aspect, and that's what GSBot delivers, along with many skilled battler with which to test teams on and have heated competitions. Sure, it's way easier to get the teams you want, and involves none of the hard work of breeding, training, catching and whatever... but I for one just wanna battle and test the team without that hard work. Anyways, that's starting to ramble so I'll cut it short. I appreciate the comments and concerns tho. And here's a wave back at ya :wave:

SageOfDarkness: Helloz again to you. :) Yes, I did consider a heal beller, and I actually may replace either octillery or umbreon/espeon for an offensive heal beller (ie Miltank/Vileplume) or just for another offensive pokemon to be bpassed to. And yes, if I do keep rest and octillery, I will probably drop the leftovers for a good ol' mint berry, thanx for the suggestion. Miracle Berry will work with tekkanin, as it may get paralyzed while trying to bpass away, and that won't work well for him. Oh, and I agree; haze will probably be more common in R/S. However, there is a problem with that tho that may lead to a preference of pseudo-hazing like in GSC. I mean, you have an sdanced pokemon up, or meditated or whatever, as you throw in your hazer. However, your hazer is usually gonna take one heavy hit before it can get it's haze off, or at least allow the opponent to get a free shot in. However, with roaring/wwinding pokemon... they're usually more tankish (skarm/suicune/zapdos), so that hit usually won't effect them as much. But still, if strategies like bpassing to sucker pokemon become popular, haze may become necessary to the metagame. *crosses fingers that metagurosu is immune to haze... ooh that would be evil indeed* Thanx for the tips :yes:

FeelingSad: Yes, that's a great idea. I'll switch up rest off of tekkanin and throw in a protect for that additional speed boost, good suggestion. Also, it'll allow me to test if the opponent is gonna try to roar me or whatever, and I can switch to my sucker pokemon appropriately, or even get off another sdance if they're just attacking. Thanx for that suggestion! :)

Chick-KoH: Well, I'm going to have to disagree there. I can't see anti-repeat being used on a lot of pokemon, as it's not a really effective strategy (as far as I can see... it may have some hidden use that gets exploited later however). I mean, it would stop a pokemon from meditating up, however, they'll just start to attack you instead. So skin off their back. Also, I think I touched on that whole "obtainable in R/S issue already". Finally, bpassing a speed boost as well as an sdance from one turn, is well worth it IMO. I can personally see tekkanin getting a lot of play time. Thnx for the thoughts tho.

Right, thnx for all the replies and tips, much appreciated.

Azura Stardust
16th December 2002, 08:02 AM
I'm still 99% sure that you can't pass on the speed boosts from the move. Have you tried it? You could make it a little more of a personal team by actually trying out the movesets you have... -_o

GotMiltank
16th December 2002, 08:08 AM
I'm almost positive that the speed boost dealy has been tested by several different people. And this is more of a Fantasy/PrePlanning/ThrowMyIdeasOutThere kinda team...

XF Legendz
16th December 2002, 08:23 AM
Hai GM. :wave:

Skarmory. Prob. BBL.

And you can pass tekkanin's speed boosts. :/

GotMiltank
16th December 2002, 08:37 AM
Helloz XF :wave:

Actually, I took skarmory into account when making this team. If it flies in while I have tekkanin out, I shall bpass the stuff to octillery instead. And a surfing octillery can more than take care of skarmory. :) However, the Rock/Grass does have issues when dealing with skarmory... and I can see skarmory getting some hardkore useage (especially since it is now a spiker... stealing Cloyster's limelight... boo2u skarmory... boo2u), so I may modify my team accordingly.

I was also conidering just sticking with Tekkanin as my baton passer, and just have a bunch of pokemon on my team that would benefit from that baton pass, and throwing in a few support pokemon as well (like a beller, or ptrapper... wow, Gengar is so much formz of pwnage now...) We'll see :yes: