PDA

View Full Version : RMT: Nace's Team [updated slightly]

Nace
16th May 2003, 03:55 AM
As my sig said a while back, I got a team up to close to l70, got 199 in my pokedex, passed all the contests and then realised I hated all of them but one. (As you do) So this is basically my new team for both single and double. (half of them have earthquake and the other half is set up to be immune to it, which is why I used protect twice). Note that I only have the ones with the natures listed so far.

All Pokemon with "DONE" after their moveset are decided.

(Sassy) Sceptile @ ???
Crunch
Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Protect

DONE

(Adamant) Camerupt @ Shell Bell
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Eruption
Amnesia

DONE

Latios @ Shell Bell until I get Soul Dew
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Dragon Claw
Calm Mind

DONE

(Lonely) Hariyama @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Brick Break
Earthquake
Bulk Up (It turns hariyama into a curselax)
Whirlwind

DONE

(Bold) Armaldo @ ???
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Secret Power
Protect

Still needs an item.

(Hasty) Wailord @ ???
Ability: Oblivious
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Water Spout
Rest

Same as above

Okay, that's about it. I'm no good with items or natures, so try not to flame me too much.... :D

Nace
16th May 2003, 04:14 AM
Aw, c'mon. I've only got a limited amount of time before my SP's finished charging!

FlareonX
16th May 2003, 05:02 AM
You posted this topic at a time when TPM has very few people on. Be patient next time.

Sceptile: Protect is not needed. Try Endeavor over that.

Camerupt: Sunny Day could really hurt Sceptile and Wailord. Use it wisely. There is no such thing as extra STAB. It's a 50% weather bonus, it has nothing to do with type(Same Type Attack Bonus)

Latios: Good job, you cheated to get Soul Dew. What a stupid reason to exclaim "boo yah!"

Hariyama: Go with Whirlwind.

Wailord: Earthquake? No. Put something over that, maybe Amnesia. Wailord doesn't have the stats to have both types of attacks on the same moveset.

Overall: You(or someone you know) cheated to get a cheap Latios and you are incredibly impatient. Not good at all.

Nace
16th May 2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by FlareonX
You posted this topic at a time when TPM has very few people on. Be patient next time.

Latios: Good job, you cheated to get Soul Dew. What a stupid reason to exclaim "boo yah!"

Overall: You(or someone you know) cheated to get a cheap Latios and you are incredibly impatient. Not good at all.

I don't actually have Latios or Soul Dew yet, as I stated at the start of my post. Please read all of it before you accuse me of cheating.

FlareonX
16th May 2003, 03:36 PM
As my sig said a while back, I got a team up to close to l70, got 199 in my pokedex, passed all the contests and then realised I hated all of them but one. (As you do) So this is basically my new team for both single and double. (half of them have earthquake and the other half is set up to be immune to it, which is why I used protect twice). Note that I only have the ones with the natures listed so far.

I don't actually have Latios or Soul Dew yet, as I stated at the start of my post. Please read all of it before you accuse me of cheating.

Perhaps you should actually look over your post before responding to avoid looking like a fool. Nowhere did you state you don't have Latios or Soul Dew.

Marl
17th May 2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by FlareonX
Perhaps you should actually look over your post before responding to avoid looking like a fool. Nowhere did you state you don't have Latios or Soul Dew.

Umm... FlareonX... I dunno how to tell you this but you just made yourself look like a total fool. That quote you posted was Nace saying that he DIDN'T HAVE ANY THAT HE HADN'T POSTED THE NATURES FOR (on both his posts if you care to look) and he posted Latios with NO NATURE. As in HE SAID HE DOESN'T HAVE ONE!

Further proof is in his post:

Originally posted by Nace
Latios @ Soul Dew (boo yah!)
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Dragon Claw
Calm Mind

This is just a basic sweeper, I figure it'd be to hard to find one with the nature I want, so I'll just take what I get.

See how he says 'I FIGURE IT'D BE HARD TO FIND ONE WITH THE NATURE I WANT' hinting he hasn't got one yet? See how he also says 'SO I'LL JUST TAKE WHAT I GET' talking in future tense rather than past tense about this pokemon?

That's all I have to say about that. :)

Nace
17th May 2003, 02:33 AM
Well I'm glad somebody on this forum has basic reading ability. Anyway, is anybody else going to rate this or what?

FlareonX
17th May 2003, 05:23 AM
Eh, I read the part about having 199 pokemon and assumed Nace had these pokemon. I realize now it's in past tense, sort of, which I guess means they are all gone now.

I apologize for accusing you of cheating. I hope you have access to an event or the NYPC, as that is probably the only way to get the Eon Ticket.

Oh, and I'm not the only one who can't read. This is clearly a topic for rating, which Marl did not do ;)

Nace
17th May 2003, 06:24 AM
Apology accepted. On the topic of the eon ticket, according to Saturos, you get it after you get 4 trainer stars. That's how I was planning to get Soul Dew.

FlareonX
17th May 2003, 03:46 PM
Saturos is a liar. There is no way to get the Eon Ticket in-game.

Nace
17th May 2003, 09:57 PM
That calls for a new item then. Maybe a Shell Bell or something. Anyway, I got Wailmer today so I've updated a bit.

Nace
18th May 2003, 03:12 AM
I really do need some opinions on this team...

ace
18th May 2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Nace

(Sassy) Sceptile @ ???
Crunch
Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Protect

*sighs* I would have gotten a modest/bold/timid one but I was breeding it from my old Salamence and I traded it without checking, so I ended up with this.

(Adamant) Camerupt @ Soft Sand (subject to change)
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Flamethrower/Eruption
???

Yet another traded egg which I forgot to check the nature of. (I was thinking calm/sassy/brave, but what can you do?)

Latios @ Shell Bell (Until I get Soul Dew somehow)
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Dragon Claw
Calm Mind

This is just a basic sweeper, I figure it'd be to hard to find one with the nature I want, so I'll just take what I get.

(Lonely) Hariyama @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Brick Break
Earthquake
Bulk Up (It turns hariyama into a curselax)
Whirlwind

This one's nature is my fault, heh. I got bored of trying to get an adamant one with Thick Fat so I just caught this one and figure it's do. Bulk Up makes up for the low defense anyhow.

(Bold) Armaldo @ Hard Stone?
Rock Slide/Rock Blast
Aerial Ace
Fury Cutter (STAB)
Protect/Mud Sport

Yeah, another egg trade. I think I ruined this one. Anyway, I was pairing it up with Wailord so I was thinking either protect to help against earthquake or mud sport to defend wailord.

(Hasty) Wailord @ ???
Ability: Oblivious
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Water Spout
Surf/Water Pulse/Rest/Filler

I would have gone for a bashful one, but wailmer eggs take a really long time to hatch, and I'm very impatient. I figure being faster would help with water spout anyway.

Okay, that's about it. I'm no good with items or natures, so try not to flam me too much.... :D

Sceptile is okay, id go detect over protect, but meh. He could hold king's rock or white herb if you want him to.

Camerupt:Put amnesia or rest in that final slot, and equip him the leftovers.

Latios:hmmm,not much wrong with that, but you could put recover there somewhere.

Haiyama: Get rid of whirlwind, there is no apparent reason to be shuffling. You could put reversal or belly drum or rest there instead.

Armaldo:Yuck, u dont want Fury cutter, even w/stab. Try:
Armaldo@quick claw
Arial ace
Water pulse(TM)
Rock slide/ancientpower
Secret power(paralyses in link battles, to bring your speed even or above theirs with q.claw, since hes got crap speed.)/Rapid spin thru breeding.

Wailord:seems fine to me, put lefties on if you want.

You have no spikers or hazers,and no big weaknesess i can spot there.

Geofree
18th May 2003, 04:55 AM
Hmm, I'm not that great at rating teams but I'll give it a go.

Sceptile: I'd give Sceptile earthquake too, replace dragonclaw if you can get hold of another tm. Keep protect since it has more pp than detect and make it hold maybe brightpowder. I like my Sceptile with agility too :)

Camerupt: For starters try not too give your Pokemon items which increase type power since they rarely make a difference. You have all attacking moves so try amnesia which will work well if you choose Eruption. Though if you go with eruption, equip leftovers/shell bell to prevent power decreasing.

Latios: Try recover/psychic/calm mind/shadow ball (for dark types).

Hariyama: Eh, it's ok. If whirlwind doesnt work for you try knock off for those pesky leftover/shell bellers.

Armaldo: Urgh, fury cutter. Try using swords dance/protect/rapid spin/filler.

Wailord: Looks pretty good.

Nace
18th May 2003, 05:51 AM
Thanks everyone, I still need items for Wailord and Armaldo though.