PDA

View Full Version : <Poll> Dedicated to Amy's Birthday

Jay
16th May 2003, 04:14 AM
Faithless creates a poll :o

I created a poll today for this very special occasion because today is Amy's (Nala98's) birthday. I had this planned today as an apology to her for something I did a while back ^^ Anyway, a very happy birthday Amy. Have a great day

Now on to the polls

1/. Do you remember the most bizarre thing you've wished for when you blew out the candles? If you wished anything at all? Why/why not?

2/. What's your favourite type of birthday cake? Why?

3/. What was the most surprising gift you've received from someone on your birthday?

4/. If you could change your birth date, whereabouts during the year would you put it if you could? Would you want to change it? Why/why not?

---

1/. I once wished I could learn how to fly when I was a lot younger. However, ever since then I never wished again because it never came true. This must have been when I was about 5 or 6 so it was easy to stop believing in such, and I guess it became a habit of not wishing when I was told to. Heck, I even get told to make a wish when I blow out the candles on my cake this year... lol

2/. I've always had a chocolate cake, with strawberries and dark chocolate fragments centred in the middle which says Happy Birthday Jay. It isn't my favourite but I seem to receive that same cake every year. I like ice cream cake the best, it's delicious :)

3/. "The Day My Butt Went Psycho". It's a pretty hilarious book, but since I mainly always receive money nowadays that would have to be the most surprising gift i've received on my birthday. It was last year too. My nephew gave it to me since he is obsessed with that book, and he wants me to read it. Sort of like a traditional thing, quoted by him

4/. I admit I stole this poll from the Goldenrod Tower. But not everyone replies to the polls there. Anyway, my birthday is Christmas Eve. Some might say it's bad since you might get one giant present for both my birthday and Christmas. I never used to believe that but lately it's been happening unfortunately. I wouldn't mind it maybe a month earlier or a month later, at least it's spread out and my birthday and Christmas aren't right next to eachother. If it were on Christmas day i'd feel kinda special/gifted/whatever, but it would be terrible in its own sort of way. You can say goodbye to multiple presents and expect a big giant one... or maybe even one normal gift :(

Wolfsong
16th May 2003, 08:45 AM
I wasn't even expecting this, lol.

1/. Do you remember the most bizarre thing you've wished for when you blew out the candles? If you wished anything at all? Why/why not?

I don't remember what i used to wish for when i was younger, but nowdays I hardly ever wish for anything becaue the cake would probably catch the house on fire if i had all of those candles on it, lol. ^_^;

I'd have to say the cake that my mom has made me the lst three years on my birthday. It is devils food chocolate, but instead of the oil, she puts butter in it. Then she puts two batches of her homemade decorative icing on top.

3/. What was the most surprising gift you've received from someone on your birthday?

If by surprising you mean ok or good, it would be a prank gift that my dad got me when I was like 6 (I think). I had wanted one of those talking Mickey Mouse's, but he got me a cat toy mouse instead. You know one of those squeaky ones. But I did get the talking Mickey Mouse for Christmas.If you mean bad when you mean surprising, then probably my 21st birthday would take the cake when my mom's mom(Yes, my grandma) picked a fight in front of me with my mom on my birthday

4/. If you could change your birth date, whereabouts during the year would you put it if you could? Would you want to change it? Why/why not?

I wouldn't change it. I like it when it is. When I was younger, School would almost let out before, on, or not too long after my birthday so that also helped me look forward to it, and i still got to have time with my friends. Now, it would just be confusing if it was on another day.

Lady Vulpix
16th May 2003, 09:00 AM
Happy Birthday, Amy!!!!
I'll try to find you on AIM later today, after I've finished some stuff I'm doing.
I'd like to give you something for your birthday, so ask for anything I can give you and I will. :)

As for the poll...

1. I don't think I've asked for anything bizarre. Only good things for me, my family, my friends, the world...
2. Ice cream cake. :D My mum and I make it together every year. I designed it for my 16th birthday and everyone has loved it since then.
3. Surprising gifts I've received: a whole collection of books on my 10th birthday, and a natural gas tank on my mum's car for my 24th birthday (which meant she would lend me her car a lot more often, because using it wouldn't cost so much). Another huge surprise I received from a friend on a birthday (18th, to be precise), though it was not a gift, was a baby in her womb. She actually told me she had a surprise when we talked on the phone and when she came I found out she was pregnant and due in 2 months. :o
4. I think it's fine the way it is. March 22nd is a nice day, and it makes the return to university more bearable (school year starts in March where I live).

Little_Pikachu
16th May 2003, 09:07 AM
Happy birthday Amy! You must be really old now! :o

1. I'd say world domination, but that's not really bizarre for me. That's just a standard everydsay thought.

2. Chocolate cake in any form! For my 21st my mom had a cake made with one of my first school pictures on -_-, fortunatly only one friend saw it, and he dies if he speaks of it.

3. For my 21st my best friend got me a T-shirt with "STFU" printed on, which was so cool :) Although it wasn't much of a surprise because another friend told me like the day before -_-

4. Right now it's in February, in the past it's usually always fallen on the half term holiday so it's not too bad where it is. I think I'd rather have it in summer though.

Dark Dragonite
16th May 2003, 09:46 AM
Happy Birthday Amy, I hope today is a great day for you, and I wish I could be with you today, I love you very much!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1)I'd rather not get into this, as my childhood was short lived, and I had to grow up fast, and notice what would be possible, and what wouldn't.

2)Ice Cream Cake, do I really have to explain that I like Ice Cream??

3)Meh, leave this blank

4)I never thought about this, I like February 11th, but if I could change it, I'd probably make it in like the Summer, more fun things to do, and no school the next day.

Gardac
16th May 2003, 10:09 AM
Well Im new so I don't know who you are but Happy Birthday anyway :)

1.) I never really wished for anything.

2.) Don't actually know what it was, I had it at my friends 15 birthday party years ago. It was some Vanilla-Choco mix thingy. Tasted great. I can still remember it.....

3.) A sock, a custom made blue-green-yellow-black-red-purple sock. It didn't fit my after all so I just hung it up on my wall where it still is today.

4.) I would like to change it from August 8 to sometime in the fall. I love the cold, not fond at all of the summer.

Matt
16th May 2003, 06:55 PM
I don't wish for stuff when blowing out the candles. I just don't believe in the wish factors when blowing out the candles.

Chocolate! It's my favourite kind of any food :D

Hm.. I don't really know of any surprising gifts. I usually have to pick them all out :\

I think my birthday is fine where it is. May 12th is a pretty good day. It's the same day as Tony Hawk's birthday so I guess thats cool ^_^

Krystalline Kabutops
16th May 2003, 07:07 PM
1/. I don't wish. This year I'll probably wish for some friends, cuz I'm moving to Arizona on the 22nd..

2/. Lemon. It's just so like me!

3/. Um..... I once recieved two Leo sets, unopened, that went out of print about 3 years ago...

4/. I wanna summer birthday! At it's current position, everyone's getting ready for school, and no one wants to come!

BTW, Happy birthday Nala! *Hands Nala some lemon cake*

Crystal Mew
16th May 2003, 10:31 PM
Happy Birthday Amy :)

1. I always wished for stupid things >_>; ever since I turned like 8.. I have wished 'oh I wish so-so would like me' >_>; I did that untill I turned like..14,lol Now I just wish for..dunno..but not really about guys, XD

2. Marble....I like both, white and chocolate cake, so I get marble..solves all the problems :>

3. it would have to be the gift I'm getting this year... an personalized autograph from Sean Astin... :>!!!!
ok, so I know about it before my birthday, big deal XP

4. I would leave my birthday where it is... I like it being in the summer...no school =}

Lightning
16th May 2003, 11:00 PM
Happy birthday, Amy! It's still your birthday for 7 more minutes here.. XD

1. Do you remember the most bizarre thing you've wished for when you blew out the candles? If you wished anything at all? Why/why not?
Um.. probably that wish for a truckload of bubblegum. o_O;; It ALMOST came true, too. A little while later I won a contest off YTV... I got a couple cases of bubble gum and some Hubba Bubba merchandise. XD (Of course.. it was right after I got braces and "wasn't allowed" to eat gum... but that's a different story :o *kills ugly smilie that probably appeared there*)

2. What's your favourite type of birthday cake? Why?
O.O The ice cream cakes from Dairy Queen! I'll settle for nothing less on my birthday. ^_^;

3. What was the most surprising gift you've received from someone on your birthday?
Mmm... I'd have to say the gold necklace I got from my Grandparents last year when I turned 13. I wore it for a grand total of 3 days. I have no idea where it is now. oO;

4. If you could change your birth date, whereabouts during the year would you put it if you could? Would you want to change it? Why/why not?
No.. I'm pretty fine with it. ^_^ My brother has it great, though. His birthday ALWAYS falls on March Break. The lucky kid gets a whole week off of school. >\ I got my birthday on the Easter long weekend this year, though. I'm content. ^_^

Bai,
Lightning

UmbreonCurse
17th May 2003, 02:26 PM
Hmmm...I think I wished for a puppy and for it to snow. Both were bizzare seeing as there's no way in Hades my parents would EVER let my have a dog, and we live in south Texas, plus my birthday's in may, and in may it's like 90 degrees..

That's easy, chocolate frosting on chocolate cake! ^_^

Probably the score to Pokemon the 1st Movie I got last year. I told my dad to get the Japanese Pokemon soundtrack, but he couldn't find it and he got me the score insted. Also, it turned out that the CD was AWESOME, it's one of my favorite CDS in my collection.

4/.If you could change your birth date, whereabouts during the year would you put it if you could? Would you want to change it? Why/why not?
I'd probably not want to change it, since my b-day is in May, the last moth of the skool year, so it sort of ropes the end of skool, summer, and my b-day all in one sack. but if I did change it, I'd make it October 13th. October because it's one of my favorite months and 13's my favorite number. Plus, there's the chance my b-day's on Friday the 13th. Spook-eh.