PDA

View Full Version : Advance Generation Episode #26: Attack of the Nuzleaf Family!

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 09:05 AM
Advance Generation Episode #26: Attack of the Nuzleaf Family!

Initial First Thoughts

This seems to be one of the first Advance Generation fillers. It introduces Nuzleaf, which I think is one of the ugliest Pokemon, but that's just me. I hope someone catches Nuzleaf, maybe Brock, it seems his type, but that's just me. Now, on with the preview!

Screen By Screen Summary of Episode Preview

We start by seeing the red background of Groudon as the preview starts. Then, we see Ash, May, Masato, and Brock startled at something, and all their Pokemon are out, startled as well. Pikachu, Taillow, Treecko, Corphish, Torchic, Silcoon, Forretress, Lotad, and Mudkip, all out of their balls. Then we see them all rolling in a cave or something, and then we see them all fall out of the cave into a forest, where we see Treecko and Corphish arguing about something, while Pikachu, Lotad, and Mudkip stand in the background. Then, Pikachu says something, and Treecko eyes him. The scene cuts to a Nuzleaf sitting in a tree, which jumps down. Then, we see Corphish jumping up trying to get something, while Lotad is sitting in the water, when a huge net grabs him! Then we see Ash, saying something, while Corphish talks to three Nuzleaf trapped in a net. Then, Nuzleaf also argues with Mudkip. We also see Taillow and Forretress attack with Tackle and Rapid Spin, and Mudkip attack with Water Gun. Then, we see James' Cacnea use Poison Sting, which Ash dodges. Then, he jumps down off of what appears to be the Meowth balloon into the forest, holding Pikachu tightly, while trying to dodge Team Rocket's net. We also see the episode title over Kyogre's aqua background.

Picture of the Week

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/026.jpg

This is the Nuzleaf while sitting on the tree.

Final Thoughts

Seems like a filler where all the Pokemon get character development, which isn't really a filler. Can't wait to see it!

Until next time!

Chris 2.1
16th May 2003, 10:56 AM
cool....?

Anyway, Treecko might be insulting Corphish, just a nice, open, bland, strange thought. It will be nice to see Nuzleaf, even though it looks like a Pinnochio rip :-/

RJdude
16th May 2003, 01:57 PM
Hey, a fueding between two of Ash's Pokemon. I hope it doesn't go on forever, Treecko and Corpish are probably awesome together. I actually think Nuzleaf is kinda cool.

JazzJazz
16th May 2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by RJdude
Hey, a fueding between two of Ash's Pokemon. I hope it doesn't go on forever, Treecko and Corpish are probably awesome together. I actually think Nuzleaf is kinda cool.

It'll probably be like the feud between charizard and scyther, where they eventually get respect for each other after a battle/one saving the other/whatever...

Zak
16th May 2003, 06:03 PM
Heh.... Kinda like "Island of the Giant Pokemon" was to Indigo, "A Way Off Day Off" was to Orange, and "A Hot Water Battle" was to Johto.... I guess this is probably AG's one of those... Heh

Oh yeah, for those of you that were wondering about the Loudred in the Granite Cave, it's just basically following Team Rocket, and somehow Jessie always manages to make it angry... XD it's hilarious. The reason I brought this up was that according to the text, the Loudred makes a third appearance in this episode. :)

~Zak

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 07:02 PM
Oh, so Loudred is indeed following Team Rocket, that ought to be funny, LOL.

Osiris
16th May 2003, 09:02 PM
Why It's Loudred Following TR?

Sure that in some episode it evolves and left........ :rolleyes:

FalcovsLeon20
16th May 2003, 09:06 PM
Well at least let's hope it makes more appearances than the other Pokemon that followed Team Rocket. Snubbull made about three (I think) appearances and I have no idea how many times Delibird shows up. Any info on what Loudred does whenever Jessie makes it angry? I'm guessing it uses Hyper Voice right in her ear. (Ouch)

Hanada Tattsu
17th May 2003, 10:07 AM
Delibird made quite a lot of appearences in Johto.

It's last seen during the Silver Convention, when J&J pay all their dues.

DarkMarowak
18th May 2003, 08:29 PM
Very nice Hanada, thanks for the info.

Hey, if you guys think Nuzleaf is ugly... just wait'll Shiftry appears in the anime... ;)

Man, what is it with Ash's water and grass Pokemon not getting along? First Bulbsaur and Squirtle, then Chikorita and Totodile, now Treecko and Corphish! :P

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by DarkMarowak
Very nice Hanada, thanks for the info.

Hey, if you guys think Nuzleaf is ugly... just wait'll Shiftry appears in the anime... ;)

Man, what is it with Ash's water and grass Pokemon not getting along? First Bulbsaur and Squirtle, then Chikorita and Totodile, now Treecko and Corphish! :P

No prob, Marowak!

Actually, Bulbasaur and Squirtle got along fine, in fact, after almost all of Ash's old Pokemon left during Johto, they became best friends, and they still are. Chikorita and Totodile were kinda like rivals, Totodile liked Chikorita in my opinion. I hope there is not a Treecko/Corphish rivalry.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
18th May 2003, 11:47 PM
My not 100% correct translation:

The Attack Of The Konohana Tribe!

Satoshi and friends, who had been continuing practice inside a cave, carelessly woke up the [Large Voice Pokémon] Dogoomu, who was sleeping there. Running away from Dogoomu, who began to act violently, Satoshi and others somehow get astray from Pikachuu and others.

At that time, the Pokémon group of Pikachuu and friends, who somehow slipped outside, tried to find Satoshi and others. The Pokémon go, although quarrelling, to a forest, feeling like picnicing a while. However, suddenly a wondrous grass pipe is resounding in neighbourhood, and Pikachuu and others started turning round and round in the same place in hypnotism! What is actually happening to the Pokémon!? What is the identity of the person who is sounding the pipe?

Konohana=Nuzleaf
Dogoomu=Loudred

Hanada Tattsu
19th May 2003, 06:59 PM
Thanks, Mikachu!

Wow, this really is The Island of Giant Pokemon of Hoenn! The Pokemon get seperated, and Nuzleaf is like Slowpoke kinda.

Rei_Zero
19th May 2003, 11:43 PM
Only while slowpoke/slowbro? was just a sideline pokemon nuzleaf is actually the one causing trouble.

Bacl
19th May 2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Thanks, Mikachu!

Wow, this really is The Island of Giant Pokemon of Hoenn! The Pokemon get seperated, and Nuzleaf is like Slowpoke kinda.

Ah...excitment through repetition.

;)

The real question is: If this is "The Island of Giant Pokemon" all over again, do we get to see subtitles when the Pokemon talk to eachother? That episode still fascinates me, because every Pokemon (except Misty and Brock's...oh and Pidgeotto) had subtitles when they talked and distinct personalities to boot.

Plus we saw Koffing and Ekans decide to drink tea instead of obeying Meowth's commands to battle Pikachu and co. A weird sight because:

A) The drinking of tea was probobly some Japaneese thing I didn't quite get because I'm a dumb isolated American (although I get the general drift)

and

B) It was really weird because neither Koffing nor Ekans have hands! How'd they lift those mugs of tea to their...hey...where'd they get those mugs of tea from anyway?!? And that table between them?!? Oy.

Powarun
20th May 2003, 07:45 PM
Maybe James catches it, no that wouldn't make sence
I can not wait till the next season, about four months in the us of a. Nuzleaf looks different.

Hanada Tattsu
20th May 2003, 10:49 PM
I hope that this eppie has subtitles, I wanna see the real personalities of Ash's new Pokes, especially May's Silcoon, and Ash's Taillow and Corphish.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
21st May 2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu
The Pokémon go, although quarrelling, to a forest, feeling like picnicing a while.

This is the original sentence: Pokemon-tachi wa, kenka wo shi-nagara mo, chotto shi~ta ensoku kibun de mori wo iku. For some odd reason, kenka was written in katakana, but it is still the Japanese word for quarrel, right? Yeah, it would be great if they did it again like in Island Of The Giant Pokémon. We shall see.

Dragon_Claw
21st May 2003, 10:23 AM
Well, in the start Squirtle and Bulbasaur kept arguing. They also did this in Island of the giant Pokémon. There Bulbasaur thought that they where abandoned (sp?) and Squirtle got mad. And for the rest of the show they kept challenging eachother.

Hanada Tattsu
21st May 2003, 07:58 PM
Once Johto rolled around, and even as soon as Orange, Squirtle and Bulbasaur became best pals.

Animelee
24th May 2003, 06:46 PM
I just had the privillage to see this episode. It was pretty good, but I wouldn't call it a filler. It focuses on the friendships between Pokemon, and it lets us know what their personalities are.

Treecko = The lone soldier who wants to be stronger. For example, Vegeta.

Corphish = Your very entusiastic friend. You know, the guy who pats you on the back REALLY hard, and the guy who shakes hands like a maniac and never leaves you alone, but you still like him because he's a loveable dope.

Mudkip = The diplomat. She (I THINK, because of "her" being referred to as "Aka-Chan". I know guys can have the title "chan" added to the end of their names, but USUALLY, it's "kun" for boys.) is the type of Pokemon who likes to talk out problems instead of resorting to battling to solve things.

Torchic = The girly-girl. She loves flowers and worries when Corphish and Treecko don't get along. They never really show guys going "PRETTY!" when they see a whole flowerbed filled with pink flowers, so it's pretty obvious that Torchic's a girl. She acts a lot like May.

Silcoon = We don't really know yet, but we do know that when it was a Wurmple, it would eat everything in a flash (even the other Pokemon's food), and then go to sleep like it didn't care about anything. Seems like a Snorlax-wannabe! Anyways, let's see how he acts when he evolves to a Beautifly! :D

Lotad = The goof. You know that friend who's a loveable dope, but he's really goofy and childish? That's Lotad! He has that nasal goofy voice, and that lazy and carefree attitude...unless something is happening to his friends! Then, he's there to help any way he can! Of course, this is when his help is BADLY needed. ^^;

Taillow = Uh, normal? Today, Taillow wasn't lost with the other Pokemon, since he could easily fly and find out where Ash was, and it would ruin the "adventure" aspect of this episode. The same reason why Pidgeotto wasn't lost with the group of other Pokemon in "Island of the Giant Pokemon". Anyways, in AG04, Taillow was the leader of a group of tough-as-nails birds, and he wouldn't even fall to Pikachu's Thunderbolt. That was then. He's still tough in battles, but he doesn't get enough screentime for himself, which is unfortunate, because I would like to know more about him.

Pikachu = D'UH! He's been here since episode 01, so we know A LOT about him. Basically, the fearless leader, like Tommy from Rugrats.

So, uh, please reply, because I spent a while typing this, and I'd like to know what your opinions on the Pokemon are!

I'll have some screenshots up later, but since there's nothing REALLY remarkable in this episode, there's no point, unless I'm asked.

Anyways, later!

Bacl
24th May 2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Otaku Shigeru

So, uh, please reply, because I spent a while typing this, and I'd like to know what your opinions on the Pokemon are!

So did they use subtitles to convey what the Pokemon were saying? And if this is another "Island of Giant Pokemon" style episode, is it only the good guys Pokemon that get lost, or do we get to see Team Rocket's pokemon join up for the adventure?

Rei_Zero
24th May 2003, 07:34 PM
OMG
Its like completely new attitudes for there pokemon!!!

Hanada Tattsu
24th May 2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks Otaku!

Treecko - I like its rebel attitude, I'm glad the writers kept that aspect of him.

Corphish - LOL, I can't wait to see this! Corphish being enthusiastic is hilarious!

Mudkip - So Brock got a smart Mudkip, LOL, can't wait to see this too!

Torchic - Well, it's a ditzy one. LOL, this should be interesting.

Lotad - Yeah, Lotad looks cool too.

Silcoon - A fat Silcoon? I wonder what it will be when it's a Beautifly!

Animelee
25th May 2003, 12:48 AM
Hey! Thanks for replying, everyone!

Well, unfortunately, there were no subtitles, because the Pokemon were alone for only about...hmmm... eight minutes, or so. And most of it was them walking, and if they needed to say something, their actions were over-acted, so to speak. No need for subtitles, I guess. :D Unfortunately, Cacnea, Seviper, Cascoon, Meowth, and Wobbuffet didn't join them this time.

Edit: Spelling mistake.

Zhen Lin
25th May 2003, 01:51 AM
Actually, that is typical caterpillar (and baby) behaviour. Perhaps Wurmple/Silcoon/Beautifly will grow out of it. After all, as a cocoon, it can barely even eat!

Hanada Tattsu
25th May 2003, 09:30 AM
Heh, funny, what if May's Silcoon evolves and she gets a fat Beautifly? Then Jessie will make fun of her, lol.