PDA

View Full Version : Brock's Second Aquisition

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 09:14 AM
As of the latest episode aired in Japan, Brock indeed catches a Mudkip and adds it to his arsenal, which was obvious due to the intro.

Discuss.

RJdude
16th May 2003, 01:54 PM
I's like to see him use it, but he probably won't. Oh well. I hope it evovles into Marshtomp.

JazzJazz
16th May 2003, 04:00 PM
Was there anything unique about the particular mudkip that Brock caught?

Hanada Tattsu
16th May 2003, 07:04 PM
Not from what I've heard Jazz, the episode just aired a few days ago in Japan.

I just heard he got it, so we'll see soon enough.

Entropy
17th May 2003, 09:02 AM
Am I the only one who finds it amusing Brock has a Mudkip, a water pokemon, where he is a generally a rock pokemon trainer? Talk about contrasts...

God of Fire
17th May 2003, 09:56 AM
eh? well Mudkip's evo's are part ground and quite often ground types are related to rock types. Anyway he only has 2 water types.

I also believe Mudkip should evolve (I wonder what May would think of it then?) at least into Marshtomp, I can't see it going any further however I'd like it to get to the Swampert stage.

Hanada Tattsu
17th May 2003, 10:04 AM
Brock is training water types now, so that's why he has two water types on his team now.

pokemon man
17th May 2003, 01:16 PM
I what brock next pokemon to be a rock pokemon like aron/lairon or lunatone or solrock. ps do you think brock will get steel type pokemon

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by pokemon man
I what brock next pokemon to be a rock pokemon like aron/lairon or lunatone or solrock. ps do you think brock will get steel type pokemon

STOP.

Stop posting what you want Brock to catch. This is not about that. This is about discussing his Mudkip and stuff about Mudkip not the same things you post in other people's posts.

Entropy
18th May 2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by God of Fire
eh? well Mudkip's evo's are part ground and quite often ground types are related to rock types. Anyway he only has 2 water types.

I also believe Mudkip should evolve (I wonder what May would think of it then?) at least into Marshtomp, I can't see it going any further however I'd like it to get to the Swampert stage.

Thanks for the clear up. I know nothing about the actual elements into this. I'm more into the Anime aspect. Maybe I should avoid these kind of queries in the future...

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 12:25 PM
I always thought that Mudkip should be water/ground in the anime, it seems like a dual type.

As for Marshtomp and Swampert, I just think that if Mudkip does evolve it should evolve into Marshtomp. I can't see Brock with a Swampert.

Light_Togetic
19th May 2003, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I can't see Brock with a Swampert either. I think if it evolves, it'll only be a Marshtomp. And I hope he uses it. With May not being much of a trainer, and Masato not having any pokemon, Brock should get more of the spotlight when it comes to battling. Hopefully he'll use both Mudkip and Lotad equally. I'm glad he's training something else. A pokemon breeder should know about all types, not just rock and ground. Anyway, since Mudkip learns Mud Slap, can somebody refresh my memory, have we seen Mud Slap before? Did Falkner use it? I can't remember.

Hanada Tattsu
19th May 2003, 06:54 PM
Yeah, Togetic, we do need to see Brock battle. And so far, he has been using Lotad quite a lot. I dunno about Mudkip, he did just get it.

We have seen Mud Slap at least once before, I don't remember when though.

FalcovsLeon20
19th May 2003, 07:00 PM
No I haven't seen Mud-Slap at least. I doubt they actually showed the move. There are a lot of moves I'd like to see them use at least once in the anime. And Pokemon man, please get out of my sight. If you're going to annoy us by changing the subject to what Brock should catch next, then at least type correctly or don't type anything at all. On second thought just don't type anything at all. Now back to Mudkip. I've heard that the episode has a Mudkip carrying a baby Mudkip in its mouth. (How cute:) ) Can anyone confirm this?

Animelee
19th May 2003, 10:15 PM
I've just seen this episode. It's awesome!

Anyways, it seems that Brock's Mudkip is named "Aka", because the old man who tends the Mudkip called her/him "Aka-Chan".

Anyways, I'll post a few screenshots! :)

Hehe, we see that May is finally starting to show some personality, and show some intelligence! This is how she climbed to the top of the waterfall!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Animelee
19th May 2003, 10:17 PM
Hmm... and here we see Ash, *I THINK*, asking the old man for a Mudkip, or something. My Japanese isn't that great.

It's finally nice to see the characters have many partns to their personalities, like back in Kanto.

Animelee
19th May 2003, 10:19 PM
And here, we see how Mudkip eggs look! :D

Animelee
19th May 2003, 10:22 PM
Ooh, and here, the part of the episode that doesn't make it a filler episode! :D

Edit: For some reason, whenever I make screenshots, they have dots all over them. It doesn't happen when I'm normally viewing something, but they only appear in screenshots. o.O

Also, PLEASE, pokemon man/pokemon king, stop e-mailing me minute after minute asking me to make you pictures. If you want any, just ask for a SPECIFIC picture, and not just pictures from episodes over and over. :(

JazzJazz
20th May 2003, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the pictures. Why does Brock get the mudkip and not Ash? I know he's going to be focusing on water pokemon, but you said it appeared Ash was asking for one... was he not worthy?

Hanada Tattsu
21st May 2003, 08:08 PM
Thanks Shigeru!

Wow, Mudkip looks so cute! I love it! So Brock's Mudkip is Aka-Chan? How cute!

Pewter City Geodude
25th May 2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by JazzJazz
Thanks for the pictures. Why does Brock get the mudkip and not Ash? I know he's going to be focusing on water pokemon, but you said it appeared Ash was asking for one... was he not worthy?

Haven't you noticed? Ash has Treecko, May has Torchic...the starters are being spread across the group this time around instead of Ash getting all three, which is great because it allows for more variety in Ash's team. And no, Ash won't get a Mudkip, since the regular trio has never had two of the same Pokemon. In fact, in a slightly more recent episode, he catches a Corphish.

pokemon man
26th May 2003, 12:16 AM
misty would have had totodile. why is it that brock get mudkip and misty cant get a starter

Bacl
26th May 2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Pewter City Geodude
Haven't you noticed? Ash has Treecko, May has Torchic...the starters are being spread across the group this time around instead of Ash getting all three, which is great because it allows for more variety in Ash's team. And no, Ash won't get a Mudkip, since the regular trio has never had two of the same Pokemon. In fact, in a slightly more recent episode, he catches a Corphish.

I think the question was adressing what the in-episode motivation was for Brock getting the Mudkip and not Ash.

Also, you are mistaken when you say the regular trio has never had two of the same Pokemon. Brock caught himself a Tauros. Same episode as Ash caught his.

JazzJazz
26th May 2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Bacl
I think the question was adressing what the in-episode motivation was for Brock getting the Mudkip and not Ash.

Also, you are mistaken when you say the regular trio has never had two of the same Pokemon. Brock caught himself a Tauros. Same episode as Ash caught his.

That is indeed what I was asking... just curious why Ash didn't get one as it seemed he wanted one.

Pewter City Geodude
26th May 2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Bacl

True, but obviously hardly anyone knows about that so I don't think it really counts... :rolleyes: And it wasn't expanded on at all so we can only assume it's with Ash's herd...wasn't discussed or anything.

Hanada Tattsu
26th May 2003, 10:54 AM
Pokemon God, Johto and Kanto are different from Hoenn. The writers felt Ash needed Totodile because Misty already had Poliwhirl in that episode.

Pewter City Geodude
26th May 2003, 12:28 PM
Yeah, that and she isn't even there. :rolleyes:

Hanada Tattsu
27th May 2003, 07:47 PM
Yeah, that and she isn't even there. :rolleyes:

LOL yeah, but I hope she will soon, *hint hint nudge nudge*

It would be cool if Misty did get a Squirtle though, she suits Squirtle.

Pewter City Geodude
27th May 2003, 07:49 PM
I can see Misty going ga-ga over a Gorebyss (or possibly Milotic) like she did for Corsola, I can see her with one of those actually.

Greve
29th May 2003, 05:25 AM
I can see Misty going ga-ga over a Gorebyss (or possibly Milotic) like she did for Corsola, I can see her with one of those actually.

Or a Luvdisc.... *shudders*

Dragon_Claw
29th May 2003, 06:54 AM
the old man has hair on it's head just like a fin or something mudkip has, and where mudkips orange thingies are he has hair too. The man is probaply a mudkip himself! :P

Hanada Tattsu
29th May 2003, 06:16 PM
LOL, I realized something.

What if Ash catches a Luvdisc and gives it to Misty? That would be fun...

Pewter City Geodude
29th May 2003, 06:40 PM
I proposed that idea on Bulbagarden and the OPS forums a while back. It could go either way; when they meet again she could have one for him too.

Hanada Tattsu
30th May 2003, 07:04 PM
I proposed that idea on Bulbagarden and the OPS forums a while back. It could go either way; when they meet again she could have one for him too.

I am hoping to God that he doesn't give it to May, LOL, if he does, let's just not say what I wish would happen to him, LOL.

Pewter City Geodude
30th May 2003, 07:12 PM
After several years of building up hints between Ash and Misty, somehow I doubt it.

Hanada Tattsu
31st May 2003, 06:49 PM
After several years of building up hints between Ash and Misty, somehow I doubt it.

I agree, they won't just abandon all those hints.

Dragon_Claw
1st June 2003, 01:07 PM

That would mean Ash would have to battle with it, or Misty may get offended :mad:

Hanada Tattsu
2nd June 2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Dragon_Claw
That would mean Ash would have to battle with it, or Misty may get offended :mad:

LOL, she'd get even more offended if he gave it to someone, particularly May, lol. Let's just hope he won't give it to May, lol.