PDA

View Full Version : Burned?

Porygon X
16th May 2003, 05:00 PM
After a long break, I've started playing the Pokémon TCG again. While buying some Aquapolis and Skyridge boosters, I saw that some attacks make the Def. Poké Burned. My newest rulebook is the Neo G one, and I won't buy a theme deck just to get the rulebook.

So, could anyone explain what the "Burned" condition does?

hobbs
16th May 2003, 05:41 PM
Well, first off, just like the other four special conditions (Poison, Sleep, Paralysis, and Confusion); if a Pokemon is Burned, its Pokemon Power/Poke-Power will be shut off and the effect goes off if it is benched or evolved.

It works a lot like Char. Between each players turn, the player with a Burned Pokemon flips a coin. If tails, they place two damage counters on the Burned Pokemon.

Hope this helps.

Porygon X
17th May 2003, 12:08 AM
Thanx a lot! Now I can finally use that cute Charmander in my deck... :) 8)

EDIT: Oh and BTW, do you place the Burned Poké some special way or do you just put some different counter on it?

EDIT2: I heard a Pokémon can be Confused/PAR/SLP + poisoned + burned! Is that true?

PopCoRn
17th May 2003, 07:20 PM
Q: Oh and BTW, do you place the Burned Poké some special way or do you just put some different counter on it?
A: I dont think they can getted burned unless they updated the new pokemon cards (i never really cared about the cards past the jungle set)

EDIT2: I heard a Pokémon can be Confused/PAR/SLP + poisoned + burned! Is that true?
A: Once again im not sure because they may of updated the rules

Roarkiller
17th May 2003, 11:29 PM
Bout the multiple effects, that's partly true. Wanna know why?

CUZ U FORGOT SMOKESCREEN! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

*ehem* Im, what i mean is, yes, that can happen.

Porygon X
28th May 2003, 04:28 AM
Still asking, do you place the Burned Poké some special way or do you just put some different counter on it?

Jedi
28th May 2003, 02:09 PM
You just put a counter on the pokémon. A burn marker I think it is..

Roarkiller
29th May 2003, 01:53 AM
I dont really think it matters. From what i know, most players dont even turn their cards for paralysis or other status anymore, let alone bother with markers for burn or poison. As long as u remember that its burned its fine.