PDA

View Full Version : Is this an ok 2 vs. 2 team?

ArCaN1NeX
16th May 2003, 06:52 PM
Obviously this duo will be used when we get access to the unobtainables. Here goes...

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Personality: Modest (+ Sp. Attk, - Attk.)

* Dive
* Ice Beam
* Attract
* Helping Hand

Tyranitar@Chesto Berry
Personality: Calm (+ Sp. Def., - Attk)

* Toxic
* Rest
* Earthquake
* Rock Slide

The idea is for Tyranitar to Toxic both opponents and for Vaporeon to Attract one of them, then raise T-Tar's attack with Helping Hand. Dive is used for extra annoying/regaining health with Leftovers and allowing for an extra turn of poison to take effect on one of the opponent. Most importantly though, T-Tar's Earthquake won't affect it ;). While the poison, attack raising, healing, and attracting are going on, Tyranitar's Sand Stream is happening too, and Vaporeon just heals with Leftovers.

From there, with T-Tar's attack raised, I can just keep attacking with both Pokes, while one is Attracted and both are poisoned. I'm sure there are a few flaws, but the only obvious one I see is that both Pokemon are weak to grass. I was also thinking maybe Swagger over Rest on T-Tar for extra annoying but I'll just have to think about that.

Any suggestions/opinions/input is really appreciated. :)

EDIT: Forgot about Sand Stream.

Gligar_Man
16th May 2003, 07:03 PM
tyranitar
dragon dance
rock slide
earthquake/filler
rest

but meh... helping hand is a basic combo everyone knows about it...

ArCaN1NeX
16th May 2003, 07:13 PM
Basic or not, I don't see many people taking advantage of it in 2 on 2 battling. I considered Dragon Dance on T-Tar but that takes up a valuable moveslot that I need for this strategy to work. Besides, if I do that, I might as well be playing 1 vs. 1 as Tyranitar can take care of himself. The idea is for both Pokemon to help its teammate in some manner (of course you know that; I'm just using it to prove my point). I do appreciate the help, though, Gligar dude. ;)

Gligar_Man
16th May 2003, 07:19 PM
not many people even do 2v2, and its not necesarily taking up a valuable moveslot it still leaves you w/2 attax and rest obviously... and dragon dance has some very obvious advantages on tyranitar... very very obvious, and very good, id reccomend it in 1v1, and esspecially in 2v2, and the advantages of using helping hand in a 2v2 for say a rock slide from tyranitar after a bit of dragon dancing, and using attract on them will just force them to double team tyranitar... you also have no fighting protection... and i owuldnt reccomend earthqake for 2v2 w/out your partner having levitate or be flying...