PDA

View Full Version : Attack name translation

Roarkiller
16th December 2002, 07:29 AM
Its not that i can't read japanese, i juz never played any of the previous games in japanese, so i dont even know what even the most basic attack is called. So if i could have a translation, that would be nice. I dont wanna be caught throwing away a damn good move for some cheap lame attack.

Btw, a brief description of the newer attacks would also be nice.

Azura Stardust
16th December 2002, 08:06 AM
Firstly, you know that when a pokemon is going to learn a good move, you can look through the moves you already have AND the move you are going to learn and you can compare the damage and accuracy just like /that/. It's really absolutely helpful.

BTW there are patches of roms going around and they have some basic attacks translated. (but they obviously can't fit in the whole thing, so it's stuff like EXPLOS, HYPERBE, etc.)

Roarkiller
16th December 2002, 08:20 PM
°.° Is that a new feature in R/S? Cuz never new it even existed. I suppose i could save before leveling up, then check to see if the move was worth taking up space.

Btw, isnt there a list of attack trans somewhere?

Runpapa
16th December 2002, 08:24 PM
Umm, speaking of attacks, could someone explain 'Magic Coat', please?

jet1213
16th December 2002, 08:34 PM
mirror coat?

Runpapa
16th December 2002, 08:46 PM
MAGIC Coat! It's a new Psychic move. Seemingly a defensive move. I've been trying to find out all evening site to site and eveyone's ignoring that one question.