PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Pogs

The_Missing_Link
16th May 2003, 07:17 PM
Yes...pogs. The little flat circles everyone used to collect in the 90's. Everyone I knew collected them but I have no idea what we did with them. Anyway, just a few polls about the pogs

1) Did you collect pogs?
2) If so, what types did you collect?
3) Do you still have any left and if so, what do you do with them?

1) I sure did. I was crazy about them for a year or so. I don't remember having many, but I liked to admire them a lot
2) I don't remember much at all but I do remember having a silver one with raised letters. I forgot what they said though --;
3) If I did, I probably lost them or threw them out

Man, I feel stupid not remembering crap about pogs --;

Becca of Team Rocket
16th May 2003, 07:19 PM
OMG I remember those things!

1. Yes. -.-;

2. The cool ones. Like, the ones with skulls on them, 8-balls, evil-seeming ones.

3. I have a few in my drawer somewhere... I think I'll just leav 'em there.

Matt
16th May 2003, 07:20 PM
1) Did you collect pogs?
Yes I did. I bought a whole lot of those things when they were popular, lol.

Um.. I don't remember. The shiny ones and the ones with the cool pictures were always nice. And even the plastic ones were cool. ^_^

Yeah I do. They're somewhere in my attic at the moment so I don't play with them anymore. ^_^;

GreenShirT
16th May 2003, 07:47 PM
1) Did you collect pogs?
Hell yeah I collected them!

I collected every series of them as they came out, and POG World tour.

I have loads of them still and alot of slammers.

Crystal Mew
16th May 2003, 10:25 PM
1. Yes, I did, when I was like 9 :o they were the coolest things ever! lol :>

2.I dont recall.....but I didnt try to get the skulls and the evil looking ones...I always thought they were really ugly, lol
so I guess just the normal, boring ones

3. I have them...somewhere....I bet they're still packed away somewhere...lol, so I dont do anything with them anymore..and if I actually had them..Iwould just stash them away in my closet.

Lightning
16th May 2003, 11:02 PM
Omfg!! Those were all the rage the summer before the Pokemon craze hit! ^_^ They were banned at my school. (But suprisingly enough, PKMN cards weren't oO;;)

1) Did you collect pogs?
Yeeeep. I collected the things when I was three. I collected again at the age of eight. Wooh.
The shiny ones and the ones with the cute pictures. +_+
XD I have some in a little keychain bag thingy that's hiding somewhere in the basement. oO;

Ah.. good times...

Bai,
Lightning

Crystalmaster Mike
17th May 2003, 12:51 PM
O_O'' Pogs? Fill me in please. Maybe I collected them but don't know what they're called! :P

UmbreonCurse
17th May 2003, 01:51 PM
I remember pogs, a whole bunch of folks I knew collected them, but UI never did. I didn't get the point of it...in fact I STILL don't get it... But I think I DID have a pog or two my mom got from her kids in class (she's a teacher) and gave 'em to me...and I just left them of the shelf, or traded them away..I honestly don't remember.

MarshmallowEgg
17th May 2003, 08:28 PM
1) Did you collect pogs?

Yes, when I was about 7 or so. I remember getting a lot for Christmas one year.

I collected just about any. I didn't really care all that much.

I wish I did, but I think I got rid of them all a long time ago. It'd be cool to just look at them again.

EVme15
17th May 2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Lightning
Omfg!! Those were all the rage the summer before the Pokemon craze hit! ^_^ They were banned at my school. (But suprisingly enough, PKMN cards weren't oO;;)

Wow... really? I remember seeing those at my cousin's place. I was too young to get into a collection craze. However, at my elementary school our principle sent out a notice to all students. You'll never believe what was on it.
Put simply: Pok-EE-man cards were banned from school. That's exactly how she spelled Pokemon. I figured, hey, why not bring my Pokemon cards? After all, it's Pok-EE-man cards that are banned, not Pokemon. I suddenly realize I was actually smarter at that age then I gave myself credit for. I never brought them in anyway. ;)

Back to the poll

1. No
2. If I did, it would probably be ones with cool patterns on them. No skulls, ect. though.
3. If I did, they'd be sitting in the main room of our house somewhere, stuffed in among the Digimon and Magi Nation cards.

SupremeChampion
17th May 2003, 10:06 PM
1.) yes
2.) i tried to get sports ones or 8 ball ones. my favorite was my vidgamer.
3.) yea, i still got 'em. they're over with my video games and stuff, or around them in my toy basket. i even have the slammers, too.

~The Italian Stallion

MadFearow
18th May 2003, 01:20 AM
Pogs...yes I used to collect them. Didn't really collect that much and so I don't have a set pattern of Pogs, but I liked ones that were shiny or had nice designs, such as pictures of animals. I think they're all in a dumpster somewhere now...:)

GreenShirT
18th May 2003, 08:42 AM
Pogs ruled, but they were out a good few years before the pokemon cards came along because I used to play with Pogs in primary school and IMO they were so much better than pokemon collecting cards,
What were the rules of pogs again:
- You choose how many and which pogs to play.
- Stack them up face down.
- Hit them with the slammers.
- The ones that land face side up you win.

Are those right?

Also the other biggest craze before Pogs was ofcourse, marbles, Catseyes, Kingers, Pearlys, and those are the only names I can remember, fill me in on somemore if you know them.

btw This is a POG, they all have POG - Man on them but in various poses and themes.
http://www.chaos.org.uk/~markt/scans/pog-fire-sticks.jpg

dr._samurai
18th May 2003, 09:05 AM
i know some people used the pogs to play the game but i didnt =D
i collected ones with skulls and the really big things that you hit them with. actuallly the ones with skulls and such were my brothers. my mom let me buy some but the stores that i lived near only sold plain ones.

Slowking86
18th May 2003, 09:59 AM
Pogs ruled, but they were out a good few years before the pokemon cards came along because I used to play with Pogs in primary school and IMO they were so much better than pokemon collecting cards,
What were the rules of pogs again:
- You choose how many and which pogs to play.
- Stack them up face down.
- Hit them with the slammers.
- The ones that land face side up you win.

yup. Those were the rules we used in Norway too.

I bought some pogs and started playing. When i finished i had about 1000 pogs. And lots of slammers that we played for too.
Theyr'e all stashed away in my closet somewhere.

gAmEr
18th May 2003, 01:33 PM
well i still have mine all I do is play regularly, I used to collect robot ones or sumthin. they got rid of pogs because a kid threw them at a guy and the guy got injured and sued the company.
;o