PDA

View Full Version : Poll: After 2 years... they're gone~

Lightning
16th May 2003, 11:19 PM
Yeah... I got my braces off yesterday. ^__^ I'm so unbelievably happy!! *Has had them since December '00* @_@ Anyway...

1. Have you ever had to wear braces (or other teeth-correcting devices)? If yes, for how long?
2. Do you think there should be a law against dentists/orthodontists/people in those fields having bad breath?

Yeah... the second question is sort of explained in my answer. o.o

1. Have you ever had to wear braces (or other teeth-correcting devices)? If yes, for how long?
Yes... I was supposed to wear my braces for about 2 years, but it was almost 2 and a half. They're off now, so I'm happy. I have to wear a retainer for a bit now along with.. these wires on the inside of my teeth. x_X My mouth hurts like hell today. *Missed school because of teeth* :o
2. Do you think there should be a law against dentists/orthodontists/people in those fields having bad breath?
Yes, I do. My orthodontist, who has been working on my teeth for the past year, has HORRIBLE breath. Ugh.. it's almost like he doesn't brush his teeth. ><;; Everyone in my school seems to see him for their braces and everyone thinks he needs a breath mint. *Shudders* If one good thing has come out of SARS in the Toronto area, it's that he's started wearing one of those hygenic (is that a word?) masks. I can't smell his breath now, thank God. xX;

*Makes sure poll tag is on* o.o

Bai,
Lightning

Pichu
16th May 2003, 11:34 PM
~1.
Yes, for 2 years... I still got my bottom retainer though (thats 3 years now XD). My "upper" retainer, I still have it, but I don't use it for very long.

~2.
LoL, one time I smelled cheese out of my orthodontist. They got mouth wash in the lab, why they don't use it? (thinking of it now makes me puke ><)
therefore...YES!

Edit: it was more like the smell of pizza :no:

Avian Freeze
16th May 2003, 11:36 PM
1. Yes, I still have them! It's been like 2 years and a half, and I would've gotten them off earlier, but the orthodontist said I have to grow out my 12-year molars first ;-;. Looks like I'll be keeping them on longer. Noooooooooooooo, I hate these things.

2. That's a weird question o_O lol. My orthodontist doesn't have bad breath, so I don't really care haha. But yea, it must be annoying having someone who has halitosis breathing on you x_x, so I say yes!

Fett One
16th May 2003, 11:59 PM
1) I had braces for 2 1/2 years. After that I had to wear a retainer for 2 1/2 years, so I've pretty much had to see an orthodontist for 5 years

2) I wouldn't know about his breath. His assissents always checked my braces and I had a different assissent every time I went.

Crystal Mew
17th May 2003, 12:07 AM
1. Yes I had braces for..2 1/2 years I believe...got them off in '01 ..then got my bottom retainer on, then my top, and like the disbediant one I am, I stopped wearing my top retainer..now one of my teeth are going crooked...and I went back, anout 2 months ago, to get a new retainer...and he took my bottom one off :o I guess cause they were getting crooked.... but he wouldnt fix it. He said we would have to pay $1500 to get them fixed again... and it was his fault!!!! :mad: I say we sue him, I told my parents anyways, lol I just dont think its fair...he messed them up, he should fix it.

2. Actually, his didnt, he actually used the mouthwash :O

-_-; but he still messed my teeth up... I did NOT go through 3 years of pain just for him to mess them up again!!!!!

word of advise- ALWAYS wear your retainer :>

Jay
17th May 2003, 12:58 AM

I haven't had braces before, but I'm going to get them really soon unfortunately :( They're gonna look sooooo ugly on me. I had night braces once, but my jaw widened too much for them to last very long and they always fell out during the night. They were pretty uncomfortable in your mouth too

Hehe :) I guess so, maybe you could tell your dentist to get mints instead of putting up with it? My dentist has nice breath yay!

nightcrow
17th May 2003, 03:37 AM
1. I've never had any sort of retainer/braces, ever. My teeth are nearly perfect. Well, I had my bottom incisors pulled when I was 7 or so, but I've never needed more dental work than that. ^_^

2. Umm.. I dunno x.O I haven't been to the dentist is ages!

Gligar_Man
17th May 2003, 04:41 AM
1. no ive never had braces, i have generally good teeth, :D *smiles* anyways... my little brother has to wear this thing that attaches to one of his molars, and has a spring on it it pushes his incisor outward while he sleeps... :\ its weird to me...

2. ummm... no people have the right to have stinky breath... although i dont condone it, :P

Little_Pikachu
17th May 2003, 09:42 AM
1. Nope, I've never had to wear them!

2. I've never had any experience with someone like that, but I figure if you work in the oral hygiene section maybe you should practice what you preach.

EVme15
17th May 2003, 10:57 AM
1. No. I've needed them for... 3 YEARS now... O_O; What happened was I was going to get them, then we changed orthodontists and the braces problem has never been sorted out.

2. Um... last time I saw one was 3 years ago... you think I remember someone's breath from 3 years ago!?!

UmbreonCurse
17th May 2003, 01:55 PM
Good for you Lightning! I'm happy for ya!

1: No, I've never had braces, but three of my freinds have had them, they've all gotten them off too.

2: Yes, yes, oh god YES! every dentist I ever had had horrid breath >_< blech. The elast they could do is brush their teath, I mean they ARE dentiasts after all

Matt
17th May 2003, 07:30 PM
Nope. Arn't I the lucky one. But I'm about to be unlucky. I think my mom is thinking about getting me braces. -_-

I don't know. The dentist I go to wears a mask over his mouth so I wouldn't know if he had bad breath >_>

ILikePokemonP
18th May 2003, 07:07 AM
1. After two years, I got them off February this year. Now I have to wear plates until at least next February...

2. That's not something I try to notice too much ;)

Kireihana52
20th May 2003, 07:56 PM
1) Yeah, I've had braces since June of 1998, almost 5 years. I had them on the bottom row for 3 years and I've had the full set, which is on now for around 2 years. When they were first put on, the dentist said I'd have them off in 6 months- true story. X_X Two of my teeth were completely mixed up, so they had to switch them around. Then when that was over with, they realized that there were other teeth growing in the wrong places. Now I have a rubber band from one side of my mouth to the other, which I think is supposed to give you a proper bite. I think I'll actually be getting them off sometime this year, but I really don't care anymore. It's been so long, I've just grown used to them. *shrug* It would be nice to have really sticky caramel though. :yes:

2) Lol, none of the orthodonists who worked on me ever had bad breath that I could smell. They usually wear masks anyway. It sounds funny, though...yet kind of gross. =X

Silver Ledian
21st May 2003, 12:25 PM
1) Nope, I've never had braces because my teeth have always been pretty much in shape. However, I haven't been to the dentist in over a year (I don't like them ;_;) so anything could have happened since then...to my teeth I mean. I still brush them every night though and they seem to be in a regular shape. I don't get toothaches or anything.

Ironically, my brothers were at the dentists today though and their teeth were brilliant...although one of them was told he might need one of those small braces, for like one tooth, in the future sometime. :)

2) I've never had a dentist with a smelly breath and if they did...I'm not one to go putting my nose in people's mouths. However, yes, I think dentists/orthadontists should have good breath...it's the least they can do to keep us happy after fiddling around with our insides :P

- Silver Ledian

Katie
21st May 2003, 04:29 PM
1. letsee... I started my orthodontic crap in 3rd grade, and am still not finished (just finishing 9th grade). does that answer your question?! ;____; suckage... although right now, all I have is a wire behind my bottom teeth (hard to floss between >_<), and wear a retainer at night (but I don't.....) :)
2. uhhhhh sure o0 he doesn't have bad breath, though.... I like my ortho, he has bucky the beaver beanie babie ^________^ :D

~Katie