PDA

View Full Version : The Staria League

The Silver Storm
17th May 2003, 11:00 AM
This fanfic is ratedd pg-13 for violence and language (but not spelling)

Yeah, those of you from Serebii probaly know who i am, and those that don't, my former identity was: Sequoiasaur.

I'll be posting another chapter in about a week to two weeks time (darn homework)

Here is chapter one: The Rogue Battler

A pair of octagon glasses flew threw the air after the owner had lost them in a punch. A cloud-grey Tyrogue with blue hips and feet threw the 5 logs it was holding up into the air, reached up and grabbed the glasses, threw the glasses onto a blue knapsack and caught the logs again. The owner was a 15-year-old, 115 lbs, 5 foot 6 boy with brown buzzed hair and ice blue eyes. The boy was wearing a blue shirt and a blue bathing suit.

The boy flipped up into a crouch after having been punch in the kidney by a brown Pokémon with red boxing gloves on it arms. The Hitmonchan smiled. The boy prepared to block a punch as he finished standing up. After fully standing up the boy cracked his jaw.

“Hitmonchan, you are going down for that. I’m going to go at full power now instead of 50% power. That is why you have been winning.” The boy said.

“Hitmonchan!”

As the Hitmonchan came in with a series of punches the boy ducked down and knocked all five punches straight up into the air. The boy then grabbed both of the Hitmonchan’s arms and wrapped them up underneath his arms. The boy then punched the Hitmonchan in the stomach with both hands sending it flying. The Hitmonchan flew back and crashed onto the ground. It jumped up and flew in with a fury of punches. The boy blocked the first seven punches and then grabbed the arms of the Hitmonchan. The Hitmonchan suddenly jumped up into the air carrying the boy with it and kicked out finishing the High Jump Kick. The boy brought his right leg up and blocked the kick. He then put his foot behind the leg of the Hitmonchan’s as they started to fall. The boy let go of the Hitmonchan’s arms pushed the Hitmonchan down and landed on the ground almost silently. The Hitmonchan just ended up making a crater with his body.

“Hitmonchan! This is not a game! Get Up!” yelled at tall man with black hair and blue eyes who was standing at the edge of the field, near the river that the Tyrogue was standing in.

“HITMON!” yelled the Hitmonchan as it jumped out of the crater.

It headed straight for the boy with a Mach Punch. The boy just spun to the side and chopped down on Hitmonchan’s Achilles tendon. The Hitmonchan dropped like a stone and didn’t stand up even though it wasn’t knocked out. The boy walked over to the Hitmonchan and gave it his hand. The Hitmonchan took it and the boy pulled him up. The boy supported the Hitmonchan as it hobbled over to a rock to rest. The man walked toward the Hitmonchan and the boy. He looked down at the Hitmonchan sitting on the rock.

“Would you like to rest?” he asked the Hitmonchan.

“Hitmon” said the Hitmonchan.

“Okay, return. Now then you may go home now. Your training is done for the day.” Said the man.

“Yes Sensei!” shouted the boy.

The boy ran over to the blue knapsack lying be the river. He opened it up and tossed his short into a plastic bag in one of the pockets. He then dove into the river and swam up to his Tyrogue.

“It’s a good thing I’m wearing my Bathing suit huh Scrapper? Do you want another 50 lb log?” the boy asked his Tyrogue.

“TY!” shouted the Tyrogue.

“Okay, just let me get one.”

The boy swam to the river’s shore and saw his Sensei walking toward his house. The boy then picked up another 50lb log and threw on top of the other logs his Tyrogue was holding. He then dove back into the river and swam upstream toward a waterfall that was there. The boy then climbed up onto the rock that was underneath the falling water and sat down and relaxed.

<><><>

An hour later the boy came back downstream and got up onto the bank to see that his Tyrogue was sleeping standing up. All the while the Tyrogue was still holding the six 50lb logs. The boy just walked over to his sleeping Tyrogue and took the six logs out of it’s grasp and threw them one by one back onto the pile of logs sitting by the river. He then put on a dry shirt.

“Scrapper? Do you want to sleep in your Poké…. right you don’t like Pokéballs After your former trainer kept you in one for so long and never used you. When he finally figured out that alternately coloured Pokémon are just as powerful as regular Pokémon and that they just have a lot of Stamina he never used you again. That I can’t understand.” The boy said.

The boy looked down at his Tyrogue and smirked at the nodding head. The boy just shook his head. He then the boy leaned in towards his Tyrogue’s ear.

“Are you listening to me?” asked the boy.

The arm of the Tyrogue shot up like a bullet only to be blocked by another bullet that was the boy’s arm. The Tyrogue opened its eyes and looked at the boy. They both smiled and started to laugh.

“Did you hear what I said?”

“Ty”

“Good, now lets go home. Would you like to get into your Pokéball?”

The boy’s Tyrogue nodded and the boy got out a red and white sphere. The boy touched the right side of the black dot and the Pokéball enlarged. He touched the right side again and a flash of red light beam out of the black dot on the Pokéball. When the beam hit the Tyrogue the Tyrogue turned red and flowed into the Pokéball. The boy then touched the left side of the black dot making the Pokéball shrink. The boy then put the Pokéball on the belt that was hanging from his bag.

“I’m glad to see that you are starting to like Pokéballs again. Lets go home.”

The boy started walking toward the towers that stuck up out of the forest canopy. He shook his head as he walked toward Goldenbeach Town. He had been walking along in silence for twenty minutes when he heard his Pokégear starting to beep.

“Huh? I wonder who could be calling me?” he said sarcastically to himself.

The boy took his knapsack off his shoulders and grabbed his blue Pokégear from his belt. He opened up the Pokégear and touched the red button on the side and held it like a cell phone to his ear. He smiled as he spoke.

“Hi Shauna.”

“How did you know it was me?” said his best friend’s voice on the Pokégear.

“You’re the only with my number that actually calls me.”

“Oh yeah. So-“

“I’ll be there in five to ten minutes okay? Yes I’m doing well and so is Scrapper. He is actually inside his Pokéball right now. See you in five to ten minutes.”

“Okay. Bye.” Said Shauna right before the boy heard the click of her hanging up.

The boy closed up his Pokégear as he started to hear the dial tone. He grabbed a dry shirt out of his bag and put it on after he took off the wet shirt he was wearing. He started jogging toward the field he just left. He shook his head thinking that in ten minutes ever teenager in town was going to be there.

“Oh well, C’est la vie.”

The boy jogged along towards the field and saw most of the people that hadn’t started their journeys yet flocking to the field. The guys and girls moved out of his way, as he jogged toward the field as his last non-League battle right before he got his “starter” Pokémon.

“I see you finally here,” said a voice behind him as he got to the field, which was now covered, in people.

As the boy turned he saw that the person that spoke was Shauna. She was 5 foot 4, 15 years old and had periwinkle eyes and golden-brown hair. She was quite beautiful in Robert's opinion. She was wearing a sweater that looked like pepper. She was also wearing khaki pants and white sneakers were as the boy was in his bare feet. He also saw the town bully, Justin, trying to “sneak” up on his best friend. Justin was also 15. He was 5 foot 9, had dark brown eyes and hair gelled into spikes. The tips of the spikes were dyed blond. He was wearing a green shirt and black cargo pants. He had the build of a football player and the intelligence of a flea. He also had a jealous streak.

The boy never worried about Shauna getting hurt or anything anymore not since she had started taking Karate 3 years ago. She hasn’t almost fallen off a cliff since, he thought. The cliffs the boy was thinking of were the cliffs just outside of town. You had to pass the cliffs in order to get to Platinum City: the headquarters of the Staria League.

“Justin if you come any closer to me, you will be in a world of hurt. Not to mention your girlfriend will dump you faster than a Pidgey lets go of a Charizard’s tail,” said Shauna.

Justin who was now within ten feet of Shauna stopped coming toward her. He smiled sarcastically and then ran away fast after remembering what had happened last time he got to close to Shauna. Justin had been sent flying, literally, after having been punched in the guts.

“Are you ready to battle Shauna? This is the finally non-League we have as we are both starting tomorrow.”

“I am and I know. What Pokémon are you going to choose from my dad?”

“Eevee, What about you?”

“Eevee as well. I would you would have chosen Chikorita as Bayleef is your favourite Pokémon,” said Shauna as she walked toward the end of the field.

“It was until they discovered Solareon.”

“I see. You really seem to like powerful Pokémon.”

“It looks cool just like Flareon, Bayleef, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Aerodactyl, et cetra. I can’t help it if most of the Pokémon I like can use Hyper Beam really well.”

“How many Eevee evolutions can use Hyper Beam properly now?”

“Two, Flareon and Solareon. Now lets battle.”

“As you wish. But I promise you this: You’re not going to win this that easily Robert!” yelled Shauna have reached the other end of the field.

“I should hope not! However we will just have to see about that.”

totodilelover
17th May 2003, 09:17 PM
This was a really good start. You use good description and it was a good length. Spelling was good. I liked the beginning with the tyrouge and hitmonchan. You did a good job describing them. I am very intrested to see how the next chapter is.

2ra
17th May 2003, 10:39 PM
Hey! I saw you around Serebii! Anyways, this is a great fic, havnt seen one with a Tygogue in a while, good descriptions too! Keep up the good work! ^_^ :P

The Silver Storm
18th May 2003, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys/girls.

Totodilelover: You've got a long wait before the next chapter comes out, I've got to type up the 13th, 14th, 15th, and 16th and do a history essay.....:mad: :( :mad: :(

2ra: Hmmmmm...you saw me arouns serebii huh? any change you could give me a pm as to your identity, just so i know whom I'm talking to... I'll try to keep the good work up.

Next Chapter: who knows?!?!?!?!!?XD XD XD XD XD

Neo-Xantios
19th May 2003, 07:34 AM
Ahh, greetings, The Silver Storm. Your fanfic is indeed deep and vivid. The suspense at the end was also commendable. Great work!

I wonder how this "Solareon" will look like or what it can do.

The Silver Storm
19th May 2003, 09:46 AM
Thanks Neo- Xantios. If you want to hear about "Solareon" its a long time coming. Try, in the squel. Or maybe toward the very end of the fic. I haven't planned its appearence.

Also to anyone thinging this is a "trainer fic" SPOILER thing again. The main Character "Robert" wants to be a breeder. first reference to this is in chapter 16.

The Silver Storm
5th June 2003, 06:49 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been around. Viruses. Yes, thats a plural. anyways here is Chapter 2

------------------------------------

Chapter 2: A Quite Bright Fright

------------------------------------

“Yes we shall!” yelled Shauna from the other side of the field.

“I’m not deaf!” yelled back Robert.

“At least not yet!” She retorted.

With that remark Robert narrowed his eyes. He reached down to the belt which he had put on while running to the field and grabbed the only Pokéball with a Pokémon in it. He grabbed it and enlarged it. He threw it toward the centre of the field with a small flick of his wrist he sent the Pokéball straight to the centre of the field where after having hit the black dot the Pokéball opened. Out of the Pokéball flashed a sphere of white light. It formed into the shape of his Tyrogue. As soon as it finished forming the white light disappeared leaving behind a few sparkles.

As soon as the sparkles cleared Shauna threw a Pokéball toward the centre of the field. When it opened the white light formed into a Tyrogue as well. When the light cleared a regular Tyrogue (except for its height) was standing there. Both Pokéballs flew back to their owners. Both Robert and Shauna caught them with the greatest of ease.

“This will be a 1 vs. 1 Pokémon battle. No time limit” said one of the people at the side of the field stepping forward to take the job as referee.

“Tyrogue, Mind Reader!” shouted Shauna.

“Scrapper, Mind Reader as well!” shouted Robert.

Both of the Tyrogues looked at each other. Their eyes glowed an eerie shape of blue. They both blinked and the blue glowing eyes disappeared.

“DynamicPunch!” both Shauna and Robert yelled.

Both Tyrogues clenched their fists and blocked with their left hands while drawing back their right. Both of their right fists started to glow white. Both Tyrogues ran toward each other. Robert’s Tyrogue’s Dynamicpunch hit first causing Shauna’s Tyrogue to become confused. Her Tyrogue staggered around a bit with the Dynamicpunch still waiting to be launched. In a bad choice of movements Robert’s Tyrogue sidestepped ran into the Dynamicpunch and also became confused.

“Strength!” they both yelled.

The audience that had gathered groaned and started to leave. Robert and Shauna always did this. Justin laughed and turned to the girl beside him.

“I bet that Shauna will actually win today,” Justin said.

“I bet no one will,” the girl said

“That boy is going to win,” said a man who had just walked up.

“His name is Robert, sir. Why do you say that?” said the girl.

“Thank you. That shiny Tyrogue has the upper hand. It’s pushing the regular one back. And fast.”

Robert’s Tyrogue was pushing Shauna’s toward her faster and faster. Suddenly the legs of Shauna’s Tyrogue gave out and it slumped down onto one knee. Robert’s Tyrogue tried to back flip away from Shauna’s Tyrogue but it messed up the landing in its confusion and also fell onto one knee. As they struggled to stand up Robert’s Tyrogue shock off the confusion where as Shauna’s Tyrogue stayed confused and messed up its next attack.

“Mach Punch!” Shouted Shauna.

“Hi Jump Kick!” Shouted Robert.

Shauna’s Tyrogue missed stepped on the take off for the Mach Punch a crashed in the dirt and didn’t get up. Robert’s Tyrogue missed hitting Shauna’s Tyrogue and crashed into the ground ten feet away from Robert. It stood up and brushed off the dust that was clinging to it.

“I knew he was going to win.” Said the man.

“How much do we owe you?” said the girl.

“Nothing, just don’t cause Robert and his friends any trouble and you’ll be okay. Did you hear me son?”

“Pardon?” said Justin who was glaring at Robert.

“I suggest you go home and clear out your ears, than come to the Pokémon Centre tomorrow morning at noon and I’ll tell you then,” said the man walking off toward Goldenbeach Town.

“Who was that?” asked the girl.

“I have no idea,” said Justin.

“Do you ever have an idea that you haven’t stolen?” said Robert coming over.

“Humph,” said Justin.

“Hi Krystal, Hi Mr World’s most Annoying Person,” Said Shauna also walking over.

“Hi Shauna,” said Krystal.

“Why did Justin say he had no idea?” asked Robert.

“Isn’t it obvious? He has the intellect of a flea?” said Shauna.

“HUH?” said Justin.

Krystal, Robert, and Shauna walked off laughing leaving Justin behind trying to figure out why they were laughing. When they were out of earshot they slowly started to calm down. As soon as they had calmed down Robert turned to Krystal.

“Why did he say ‘I have no idea’?” he said.

“Oh, I asked him who some adult was.” Krystal said.

“Adult???” Robert and Shauna said.

“There are rarely ever any adults around here at any time. What did he look like?” Robert asked.

“Oh he was about 6 feet tall, handsome, blue eyes, brown hair, wearing a green cape, and brown pants. Why do you ask?”

“Oh, the Champion Andy was supposed to come to here today to see my…Er…our Sensei,” said Robert looking over at Shauna “Your description does sort of paint a picture of what he looks like…I wonder,” he added.

“Yeah it does sound like Andy,” said Shauna.

“Did he say where he was going?” asked Robert.

“He said he would meet Justin tomorrow at noon at the Pokémon Centre,” replied Krystal.

“K. Thanks. Bye,” said Robert.

Robert ran off as fast as he could to the Pokémon Centre. He hoped he could get there fast to see if Andy was there. He also needed to heal his Tyrogue. Robert had been running for about ten minutes when he ran over the top of a hill and stopped after seeing that the Pokémon Centre below him. It was shaped like an upside-down cup with a red “P” on it. The shape is explained by the fact that a lot of flying type trainers visit here. Goldenbeach Town was the closest town to any area in Houen. It’s a ten-hour flight by Pidgeot from Island to Goldenbeach Town.

He started to run down the hill toward the Pokémon Centre when there was a rustle in the bushes. Robert jumped into the air and grabbed a branch and swung up on top of it. Robert looked down and saw Justin standing in the trees with a bow made from a tree limb in his arms. His eyes were oddly blank. Before Justin could string an arrow Robert jumped out of the tree and landed right in front of Justin. Robert grabbed the bow and snapped the bow in half.

“Uh-oh” said Justin.

Justin started to run into the deeper bushes. Robert picked up a rock and threw at Justin. It hit Justin’s head with a crack and Justin fell over, unconscious. Robert just shook his head and ran to the Pokémon Centre.

When Robert got there he went inside and went up to the counter and rang the bell. Nurse Joy came from the back of the Pokémon Centre and walked up beside Robert. She looked down at Robert with blank eyes and then went back to the back of the Pokémon Centre. Robert stood therein a daze until he heard the sound of something slithering outside. He turned around slowly seeing a letter addressed to Officer Jenny on the desk (which he grabbed). As he turned the inside of the Pokémon Centre started to glow red. Robert bolted out the door and ran down the street. The Gyarados that was behind him fired the Hyper Beam destroying the front of the Pokémon Centre and ten houses along the street he was running on. At the end of the destroyed houses he hung a right running along beside the last house that was destroyed. It was Justin’s. If the Gyarados had been on the other side of the Pokémon Centre his House would have also been destroyed. Robert ran up the hill to Professor Silverthorne’s lab. He ran up to the door and saw that the Professor ha the same blank look as Nurse Joy and Justin did.

“He looks Hypnotized!” Robert said to no one.

“Yes he does,” said a voice beside him.

Robert didn’t even jump when the man spoke. The man was about 5 foot 8, had orangey hair, was wearing a blue headband, blue shirt with yellow sleeves and a yellow rim on the bottom, and pair of blue jeans. The man looked down at Robert and frowned seeing only one Pokéball on his belt.

“So the great Morty from Johto doesn’t approve of my shiny Tyrogue hmm?” Robert said.

“Now that I know what it is I don’t, even a shiny Fighting type is useless right now. We need a dark Pokémon right now. A shiny Gengar has caused all these problems. It’s extremely powerful Hypnosis has caused everyone hereto go under a spell. The spell is spreading. Your friends that were walking here after your battle are under the spell. I disguised myself as Andy to get your help. Will you help me?” replied Morty.

“Of course I will. I know for a fact that Professor Silverthorne has a shiny Murkrow in his lab.”

“Unfortunately we can’t get in the lab. The only open window is on the second story.”

“Perfect. That’s where the Murkrow is. Go Tyrogue.”

“WAIT!” shouted Morty.

But it was too late; Robert had all ready thrown the Pokéball. Tyrogue came out of the white light and left the sparkles before turning to Robert. When it turned its eyes were glowing red. It toke a step toward Robert and then stopped and grabbed its head and jumped up to the open window.

“Tyrogue wait!” said Robert as Morty just stared.

Tyrogue jumped down and grabbed the note from Robert. It then jumped back up to the window and went inside. The room was just a large study with a desk at one end. On the desk was a black and white Pokéball. His Tyrogue ran over the Pokéball and opened it. Out of the white light came a purplish-black bird with a head that looked like a hat, a deep yellow beak, and deep yellow legs. The bird landed and cried out.

“MURKROW!” it cried.

Suddenly Robert’s Tyrogue stopped holding its head and climbed out the window after dropping the note on the desk and landed on the ground next to Robert. Murkrow flew down and landed on Robert’s shoulder. The red glow had disappeared from Tyrogue’s eyes.

“WOW! How did you know you Tyrogue wouldn’t attack you? And what was that note?” asked Morty.

“He made a promise to me three years ago he would never hurt me. The note said I was borrowing Murkrow for a bit to train it. After all it is going to be trained. Now lets find that Gengar,” said Robert.

“GEN!” said a voice behind them.

Robert jumped and spun around. So did Morty. Standing there was a round purplish-black Pokémon with short stubby arms and legs, stubby ears, large purple eyes, and large white teeth.

“MURKROW!” cried Murkrow flying forward.

“GEN!” shouted the shiny Gengar sending out a blinding Flash.

Robert, Tyrogue and Morty covered their eyes with their hands while Murkrow covered its eyes with its wings but they were to slow. Everyone was blinded temporarily. For two minutes they all stood there getting their sight back.

“It’s disappeared,” shouted Morty. “We have got to find it!”

Tyrogue ran and hid behind a tree after hearing this. Robert couldn’t blame it. He was still seeing dots.

“Right!” shouted Robert as Morty ran off.

“God I hate Hollow’s eve!” said Robert returning Tyrogue to its Pokéball and prepared for the weirdest battle either of them had yet encountered.

Iveechan
5th June 2003, 08:25 PM
Ooh, I love Tyrogues and Hitmonchans! I can't to see what happens, I also like weirdness!

The Silver Storm
6th June 2003, 04:50 PM
Thanks Iveechan. Next Chapter is in about a week to two weeks. And this time I'm sticking to it! Also, You can't what? wait? well, you're going to have to.

Drago
8th June 2003, 05:42 AM
Splendidness. :)

I like where all this is going, and I especially like the character Robert. Its been a while since I've seen a main character who was actually quite cool. I also like the action. Its there quick, but it makes sense in a way.
I'll be watching this fic very closely, and I have a feeling I won't regret it one bit!

The Silver Storm
8th June 2003, 07:32 AM
Thanks DragoKnight. Excellent pun of a name. A word of warning though....SPOILERS Chapter thirteen is full of them (puns that is).

Neo-Xantios
14th June 2003, 07:59 AM
Hello again, TSS. That second chapter of yours was even better! It caused much suspence, which I enjoy a lot in a story. Keep it up!