PDA

View Full Version : Saanaito: Behold the Glory!

GotMiltank
16th December 2002, 08:32 AM
Right, just thought I'd get a discussion going on this new zam-esque pokemon. I'll just throw her (strangely enough, it can be found as male as well) stats up here for reference:

~MAX STATS~
HP: 340
ATTACK: 229
DEFENSE: 229
SPEC. ATTACK: 349
SPEC. DEFENSE: 329
SPEED: 259

Type: Psychic
Traits: Synchronize (Status Effects used on this Pokemon, also are applied to opponent's pokemon: ie. PAR/FRZ/SLP) or Trance (Copies trait of the opponent)

Alrighty, so those traits alone look interesting, and those stats are pretty impressive. It's like a zam (slightly less spec atk, and a chunk less speed), however with far more defense capabilities (I mean, check out that killer Spec Def!). To top it off, she's got a great variety of moves at her disposal. here's a funky lil' moveset I'm toying with:

Mean Look/Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Meditation

~ Here, Saanaito can Mean Look the opposing Pokemon to start. Then, she'll attempt to put the opponent to sleep via Hypnosis (her stats are high enough to allow her to take several hits while trying). From here, she can use a dream eater if she truly needs to recover some HP, but the best bet would be to start meditating to bring that Spec ATK (and spec def with it) up to phenomenal levels. She'll then be able to start OHKOing pokemon to death, excluding darks of course. Just a thought.

Anyways, she also has moves like:

Destiny Bond - Can usually be counted on as a guaranteed KO. Further, I can't see this being expected on the average Saanaito, so you may get the surprise factor here.
Will o Wisp - Burns opponent much in the same way Stun Spore does. On top of dropping opponent's HP, this move will half their attack, and would help Saanaito greatly with her Defense rating (tho, it is higher than zam's significantly).
Attract - Same deal as with GSC, will prevent the majority of attacks from ever reaching Saanaito. Paired with Mean Look/Meditation... ooh, the possibilities.

She also learns defensive moves like reflect/lightscreen. And she gets the mysterious "sealed" attack. Ooooh... ;)

Anyways, I can totally see her getting some serious play in R/S. Any other strategies or comments? Post away :yes:

ChIcK-KOH
16th December 2002, 09:00 AM
For the hypnosis/dream eater combo,
it's not quite effective, as hypnosis only get a merely 60% acc and the opponent may knock you down with one of two blows of physical attacks, for its poor defense.
Also, there's a few early rising/insomnia pkmns out here.

Sealed attack is not very mysterious yet...it only prevent opponent from attacking with the moves your active pkmn know.

Maybe you can try :
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Elighten
DT/Attract

Anyway, there's a lot more better psychics out here. Try 'em out.

XF Legendz
16th December 2002, 10:08 AM
Thatz an evil movezet GM :o. I'm thinking of one with will o' wisp to offzet the low defenze. I wanna know what sealed is too! >:O
Maybe a basicish set to use some of her versatility while still being annoying.

Will o' Wisp
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Enlighten

+DF -ATK

Or you could just give her reflect and let her pass it around. You could make her a generic rester since there are plenty of heal bellish pokemon around now. Lol, you could customize her to screw over wobbuffet.

Characteristic: Trance

Toxic
Enlighten
Psychic
Future Sight
@ Leftovers or whatever l77+ item they came out with.

Send er' in, trance does the job, wobbie can't run; you toxic, enlighten till kindgom come, wobbie quickly diez from poison and future sight, you go on killing spree.

I like this pokemon. Also as much that that sexy rock/grass thingamawhatit.

GotMiltank
16th December 2002, 10:33 AM
If wobbuffet sees such popularity, I can totally see the opponent crying when your saanaito comes in. :o

Porygon 2, can also use sharpen and has the trance ability... this'll be a great setup opportunity for him as well. :) Just a thought.

XF Legendz
16th December 2002, 12:22 PM
Yep. And it can get shadow ball now. w000000t! Any idea what recycle does?

Oddish17
16th December 2002, 03:49 PM
Too bad it's impossible to actually get Saanaito with those stats.
Here's stats it can get. The personality takes away from Attack and gives it to Defense, although it may not matter. The number in parenthesis is the Effort Value.

Saanaito:
HP 302 (100)
ATT 149 (0)
DEF 186 (10)
SPA 336 (200)
SPD 316 (200)
SPE 191 (0)

This may not be the best combination of EVs though. This is also assuming Meowth346's information about Effort Values is correct. If it's not, then all this is wrong.

I have a feeling RS battling is going to be mostly offensive, seeing as it's difficult to get a balanced pokemon now.

rinku
16th December 2002, 04:40 PM
Ahh... who cares about max stats or any particular move set! She's a pure Psychic pokémon with GREEN hair. I must have her!

;)

On that note - I know from the pokédex that Rarutosu can only be found on route 102, but I'm having great difficulty finding one. I'm playing the Sapphire ROM - any clues or hints? Are they just Clefairy-class rare?

Psychic_Trainer_Mara
16th December 2002, 04:53 PM
At first I had lousy luck, but I usually find one or two. Keep trying!

Chrisodeo
16th December 2002, 05:40 PM
Sealed makes it so that the opponent cannot use any of the same moves that you have. For example, if you had a Saanito with Sealed & Psychic as her moves, and you used Sealed, then the opponent wouldn't be able to use Sealed or Psychic. Kind of an accurate Disable variation.

rinku
16th December 2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Psychic_Trainer_Mara
At first I had lousy luck, but I usually find one or two. Keep trying!

Thanks! Having been through much the same grief trying to find a Clefairy in Yellow, I suspected it was the same, but always good to get the nod that I'm not wasting my time.