PDA

View Full Version : LoZ: Seeds of the Future [Sign ups]

RaZoR LeAf
17th May 2003, 04:57 PM
~ Legend of Zelda ~
Seeds of the Future
(contains Plot Details and Spoilers from Wind Waker)

When the Hero of Winds took the Master Sword, the weapon of evil's bane, and struck the evil Gerudo king Ganondorf, turning him to stone by slamming the sword firmly into his head, the world was saved from his dark tyrany and peace returned. The King of Hyrule, washed away by the waters sent by the gods on his own wishes left only few parting words.

"I have scattered the seeds of the future"

With Hyrule finally washed away, the above world reveled in peace. The Hero of Winds had since left to explore the seas along with the Princess Zelda, in the form of Tetra, and her Pirate horde. But only the physical world of Hyrule was drowned, the magical properties remained. The dark gate, once used by Ganondorf to gain access to the Forsaen Fortress remained intact, though somewhat diminished. It is through this gate, that ancient magic and long forgotten darkness began to seep into the new world.

Unown to everyone, even the gods, the magic began to coalese into a form. Not Ganondorf, but of the ancient dark wizard Agahnim. Agahnim took immediate advantage of the gods oversight, and began to spread darkness across the seas. With the little light that remained, the gods finally sent out a call to those of pure heart. Those chosen were ordinary people, who would go about their business as normal. But now they are destined to defeat Agahnim and save the seas.

The Seeds of the Future, spoken of by the King as Hyrule submerged, do exist as he said they would. On various islands, lay a single seed. Each seed possess the power to create a vast island, rich with life. But in the wrong hands they could easily be put to dark uses. It is down to the chosen ones to find the seeds and unlock their powers. Then, finally, to defeat Agahnim and restore peace to the world.

A few notes before hand. You are a normal person thrown into this quest, so you wont have ANY magic skills, unless you have a damn good history and reason to back it up. Also since weapons weren't very ubundant in Wind Waker, they're not exactly going to be great, so be creative, but don't stray to far out of the boundries. I've also added a history for some old species which are now available. The RPG is set about 5 years post WW, so using existing characters from the game is acceptable as long as you take into consideration the time additions.

Name: ~
Species: Check out below for some information
Description: ~
Personality: ~
Weapons: ~
Shield/Armor: ~
History: Some detail please
Other: ~

Species

From Wind Waker we have Human,Elf,Korok,Rito
We now also have:

Gerudo
The Gerudo weren't wiped out, they managed to survive in small groups livng a life as pirates.

Zora
Only the Zora of Hyrule became the Rito. There were Zora who naturally lived in the seas, and who eventually came to the flooded world and set up home on numerous small islands.

Gorons
Still a very limited race, they only exist as traveling merchants.

Other
Other species can be discussed, IE, enemies that have pure hearts for some reason. They are to be discussed first though. If you're interested in using something, ask.

--

On a final note, this RPG will be Cel-Shaded :D

Erm. Post my sig up form tomorrow some time.

She_wolf_warrior
18th May 2003, 07:02 AM
Oh, do you have Wind Waker, I have Link to the Past/Four Swords

Name~Shade(short for Nightshade)
Age~13
Gender~Female
Species~Elf
Description~Long blonde hair, blue eyes. Wears blue shirt with black pants
Personality~Loyal, courageous, clever
Weapons~Sword, Bow and arrows
Shield/Armour~Basic arm shield
History~Born archer, Shade has always been at home with her arrows. But when she returned from target practice far from her home, her home was destroyed. She has been traveling the land for adventure ever since

Tainted
18th May 2003, 07:47 AM
Name: Seth Pearson
Species: Human
Description: Approximately 6'2 in height, Seth has a medium build that could almost be considered heavy. He gained this strength from working on the farm when he was younger. He has dark raven black hair that rests still on his head and he has bright green eyes, which appears to be a recognized trait in him. He wears black pants that have a looseness to them so they do not rip, and a chain mail shirt which is in tank top form, which only covers the back, chest and two little strips inbetween the shoulders and neck. He has a leather shoulder guard on his left shoulder that is strapped on underneath his chail mail, it is still seen, however. He wears large black boots that are slightly rugged. He has a sheath on his left leg and wears a quiver on his back. His bow is slung over the quiver.
Personality: He is very reserved from most groups and tends to do things alone. He has an explosive temper. If anything makes his mad enough, he'll literally explode and attack the person in a large fit of uncontrolled rage. This can work for and against him. He often takes drastic actions if someone elses life is in danger, in most cases he risks his own life. His favorite pasttime on his farm was shooting arrows at haystacks, and because of all this training when he was young, he has near perfected accuracy with the bow. The sword for him is used almost in a last resort situation, but his strength makes him wield it quite easily.
Weapons: A two handed sword, a bow and a quiver full of arrows.
Shield/Armor: A chain mail shirt.
History: His whole family line has always been assasins. From the very begining, even before the lands were flooded. His family has always rivalled another, the Hunter family tree. Lance Hunter in particular. The families warred on and off for what seemed like forever until now.
Seth was never into the whole Assasin bit, and thought the war against the Hunters was silly. His father pushed him into it, but finally when Seth was sixteen he killed his father so he would not have to put up with him anymore. His mother ran away and Seth turned into a feared man on Windfall Island so he left. Now he lives in the forests on Outset Island, all alone, without anyone to bother him.
Other: His blade is the same one that cut the neck of Lance Hunter the Third several hundred years ago.

RaZoR LeAf
18th May 2003, 10:52 AM
Both accepted

She_wolf_warrior - Yes I do have Wind Waker
Skullfire - Nice Backstory.

Name: Kikko
Species: Rito
Description: His feathers a a dark black in colour, decorated with red patterns painted on. His beak, claws and talons are all a very prominant orange colour.
Personality: Often quite strange, says silly things, or total nonsense. But is cunning and quick thinking. Knows alot about the skies.
Weapons: A Wooden Staff and a small knife
Shield/Armor: A Wooden Shield
History: Grew up on Dragon Roost Isalnd along with all the other Rito. Upon his coming of age he journied to Valoo's Perch and received a scale that helped him grow wings. His large black wings were most impressive and they were decorated with red symbols that represented the Rito heritage. Choosing not to take on the job of a postman, he instead trained to become an assistant to Valoo and so began to learn the ancient tongue. He also practived using a staff to focus himself, though he never really needed to fight anything except the few Kagarocs that occasionally flew in to steal food.
Other: Knows a little Hylian

Gladiator
18th May 2003, 12:30 PM
I'm playin' two. One pure of heart, the other is just a companion to the pure of heart. I'd also like to protest. Why would I have to explain why a Moblin is pure of heart? That just seems discriminating. I know all of the Moblin's you face in the game are bad, but, if LOZ were real, not all Moblins are going to be like that.

Name: Ark McCloud
Species: Elf
Description: Ark McCloud stands at 6'3 and is rather athletic. His skin is a regular peach which kind of helps compliment his uncontrollable green hair. He has a pair of sharp green eyes that show off his intelligence and decent character. His tunic is very similar to that of Link's tunic, but he also wears a pair of black pants and doesn't wear a hat. He wears a pair of white boots that have spikes on the bottom for better traction.
Personality: Ark's intelligence is rather hefty. He is kind to all, and he knows no fear. Ark, however, is often shy and doesn't like to say much. Despite his intellect, he's more of a doer than a thinker and can be rather impatient. Ark believes in more small town values and doesn't like much change in his town's way of life. Ark is also well-informed and discreet when need be. If he has one big weakness, it is that he can be too generous. He likes to be serious, and is a neat freak somewhat.
Weapons: Cloud Sword (A Metal Blade)
Shield/Armor: Cloud Shield/Cloud Plate Mail Armor (he won't get the latter 'till later in the story)
History: Ark's ancestors were the knights and warriors of Hyrule. As such, the above mentioned weapons and armor are all family antiques that have been kept in VERY good condition. He has lived all of his life in Outset Island, with his parents and fraternal twin brother Jase. When Link had left on his latest adventures, the twins decided to keep his grandmother company. At an early age, Ark has proven to be real capable with a sword, and sought training with Orca, who did a good job training him. Ark got himself a hobbie when he was twelve, the lookout of Outset Island. At age ten, he got kidnapped by a group of pirates. He was later rescued by one of the other prisoners, a Moblin named Citel. From Citel, Ark learned about the ancient lores of Hyrule and of all that had happened beyond Outset. He began to believe that, someday, a new Hyrule would emerge to be discovered and settled. When that happened, it would need a few good people to protect it. When he was thirteen he began to increase his training in the sword and began learning to do other things in preparation for this event.
Other: Ark has a crush on the Rito postgirl (NPC). While most are disturbed by this, Citel understands that this is just an emotional attraction.

Name: Citel
Species: Moblin
Description: Citel stands at about 5'8 and stands totally erect. He has a muscular build as well as a lower lip that is thinner than most Moblins. He has midnight black hair and skin that tend to offset his sharp, navy blue eyes. He often wears red and gold platemail armor with blue pants and brown boots. He has a scar under his left eye and often appears unsurprised or nonchallant
Personality: Citel is incredibly intelligent. He's as clever as a fox and is very creative. Citel is more patient than Ark. He's more of a thinker than a doer, but can fight with the best of them. Less serious than Ark, Citel is a prankster who delights in making people laugh. However, he knows when he should joke around and when not to. Citel is sometimes frustrated by Ark's inability to think when it matters most, but he still remains his best friend. Citel doesn't give up and is well versed in ancient lore (not COMPLETELY). He can speak several sentences in the ancient tounge and is always willing to learn more. He is also well informed of current events. Prejudiced remarks about his species tend to induce berserker rage. He is always discreet and, if you have a secret, you can alwats trust him with it.
Weapons: The standard Moblin stick with blade (I call it a scimitar though)
Shield/Armor: Platemail Armor
History: Citel doesn't say much about his history. We only know that he grew up among the more educated of the Moblin population and that he knows a lot about a lot of things. He knows a lot of history, combat, music, math, reading, and various arts and crafts. When he was fifteen, he was taken hostage on a pirate ship and locked in a cage. There he met Ark, and helped him escape. He got out a day later. They remain good friends and Citel often helps educate Ark and Jase. Since he first learned about the history of Hyrule, Citel believed that there would be a time that a new Hyrule would emerge someday, and that it would need people and others to populate and protect it. He spread his belief to Ark and they have helped train each other for that day.
Other: Citel knows of Ark's crush on the Rito postgirl (NPC) who seems to be in charge of all letters sent to Outset. He also knows she has a crush on him, but he'd rather have them both find out on their own. ("It is so much more fun that way") Also, despite the fact he can speak several sentences in the ancient tounge, those words are in the Northern dialect, all of the spirits (Valoo, Jabun, and Deku Tree) only speak the Southern dialect (which Citel doesn't know).

OC: If you can't tell, Citel is my somewhat comedy character. He'll make references to that Southern dialect a lot.

EDIT: Fair enough, but I said Citel is well-versed in ancient lore, not completely knowledgeable. Mostly he knows that it was an incredible place to be in, that it was wiped off the face of the earth, and stories about the first hero, Link. Also, Ark spends a lot of time with Link's grandmother, who seems to know something about these legends. There's a lot to be considered when you think about it.

Also, 'I' call it a scimitar. It just feels right to me. Plus, I think pikes and spears have symmetrical (sp?) points. The Moblin stick-with-blade has a blade like that of a cutlass (or 'your' scimitar) on the end.

Final note: I forgot to give the proper pronunciation for Citel's name. It sounds like a cross between Sit and Tell (Si-tell)

Tainted
18th May 2003, 01:30 PM
thanks, Razor Leaf, its about time another one of these RPGs turned up... I find the RPG forum is getting less and less exciting...

Isn't a Scimitar a curved sword? Almost like a katana? I could be wrong...
I think the weapon your thinking of is a pike, which is basically a spear with a longer metal end on it...
I'm somehow growing a strong urge to play a non-chosen enemy in WW... hmm, I'll think about it...

RaZoR LeAf
18th May 2003, 02:44 PM
Gladiator - Pretty much fine. But can you change the references to Hrule. The land of Hyrule became the very faintest of Legends only remembered by a small few, those being the spirts and those linked directly to the triforce. Also, make Citel know only a little Hylian, not fluent.

PokeMaster Jimmy
18th May 2003, 04:31 PM
Hey, interesting...

Name: Alex King
Species: Human
Description: He is about 6'0 and has hazel eyes which gave you a little warmth with a medium build. His dark brown hair is parted in the middle. He wears a black cloak with a crimson red symbol he used since he was a baby, a symbol which represented him. He never knew how he came up with it though. It's also on his black sheild that is put behind his back and if you looked close enough, you would see a sword under the sheild. He had a black long sleeved shirt was overlapped by a black and grey outlined vest and black leather gloves at the end of each arm. He wore black pants that had sagging outlines and black boots covered his feet and part of the end of his pants.
Personality: Although he keeps to himself mostly, he helps when he is needed. He hardly ever talks and usually keeps his arms crossed. He keeps his cool and has never in his life panicked. He's kind and intelligent and usually someone you can count on.
Weapons: A broad sword with black handle.
Shield/Armor: Black sheild with a crimson red symbol.
History: Born on Outset Isle, he was abandoned in front of the orpanage when he was a baby. After being adopted by Lloyd Farnswick and his wife Laura at the age of 4, he kept to himself and his studies. He soon kept drawing a symbol that popped into his head and soon enough made it onto his cloak that his foster mother and father gave him. He couldn't care less about them for he usually hunted his own food and made enough money for clothes but he had some interest in their young daughter, Sora. She was 2 years young than he was and went around adventuring Outset Island many times. She is probably the only one he has a soft spot for. Soon enough, he found a sword and practiced his skills on them. He had mastered the sword and practiced closely under the guidance of Master Orca. By the time he was 16, he had finally beat Master Orca and proud of his achievements, he decided to leave home. Sora had wished to come but her parents wouldn't let her and they had their last moments together at the beach. He promised he'll come back and bring her there again. On his way here, he was washed away by a hurricane and accidentally stumbled upon a Great Fairy Fountain. After 3 days at sea in his torn up boat, with all his stuff amazingly safe, he arrived at Windfall Island remembering nothing but a flash at that strange island. He feels different since then, like he was endowed with a secret magical power. But seeing how insane the idea is, he shrugged the thought off, moved into Windfall and continued studying and practicing his sword skills on the island. Making friends with the islanders, he became well known with the people there but still he was very silent. After learning how to smith his own swords and shields, he made his own sword finely made with the best metal found in Windfall and on his shield, which was made of the same metal, was imprinted with his symbol in which he painted with crimson paint. He wishes now to go back home and visit Sora.
Other: Knows a few legends and a little of the ancient tongue. Delcared a master by Master Orca but he doesn't take much up to the title.

Wow put in more than I thought I would. Either way, I'd like to just like to ask aren't the Elven called Hyrulians in LoZ? Just asking.

RJdude
18th May 2003, 04:52 PM
Name: Rajix
Race: Gerudo
Description: 6'4, thin, and tan. He has Black hair that goes up to his shoulders, and green eyes that show his cunningness. He wears a brown shirt and brown pants, and is barefoot. Has a necklace that resembles a bird of prey.
Personality - Very smart, clever and cunning. He has learned the ways of a theif from his mother. He is somewhat of a lone wolf, but he likes to help others.
Weapons - A golden dagger, given to him by his mother, a bow, and his favorite weapon, a self-made Boomerang, colred black, blue, and silver.
Armor - None
History - As the one male Gerudo in 100 years, Rajix is the offical heir of Ganondorf, and is expected by the few remaining Gerudos to conquer Hyrule, and bring glory back to Ganondorf's name. However, he does not wish to travel that path, and runs away from home. Unforunently, most do see Rajix as the one male Gerudo who must fills Ganondorf's shoes, and they do not trust him. This leads Rajix to thinking that no one can trust him, so he cannot trust anyone.
Other - Very Smart, learned how to read Hylian by two, trained as a theif, wants to help people, but cannot trust them.

SneaselReborned
18th May 2003, 06:01 PM
Ok, I'm new, but who cares. No, I have not played Wind Waker, so I may screw this up. If I am messing the plot up, I will leave. You just tell me, ok?

Name: Kaishun Mailik
Species: Elf
Description: About 5' 10", semi-muscular, wears loose clothes and wears a strange medallion all the time with a large star on it, spikes up hair, battlescar on cheek
Personality: Extroverted, outgoing, loses temper fast, becomes very angry when friends are in danger
Weapons: Bandit's Sword (Later transforms into the Banshee Sword)
Shield/Armor: N/A (if super speed counts as a "shield" then yeah)
History: Belongs to a long line of high-class bandits and thieves, was trained to become a legendary bandit by his father, who passed away. Father gave him the Bandit Sword and the Medallion one day before he (the father) left for a very dangerous and high-paying mission. His father died on that mission, and Kaishun wears the medallion to remember his father. Likes to call himself a mercenary. Has done one mission, and that was to kill a rich goverment hot-head. Got his scar from doing that mission when the assassination turned into a crazy melee. His fath
Other: Very skilled with the sword, can move very very fast, has no protection other than the fact that he can move very fast in order dodge, can be very reckless at times

:)

RaZoR LeAf
19th May 2003, 02:15 AM
PokeMaster Jimmy - I'm edgy over this "secret magical power", just keep it ocked up until mid RPG ok? YEs Elvs are ylians, but as no one knows that name, it's just elves now. Or Pointed Ears as Quill mentions at the start.

RJdude - No male Gerudos sorry, and can we now stop with every character being able to read a long dead language that in the game is known only by ancient spirits? No more Hylian speakers.

SneaselReborned - "Super speed" can you change that to very agile, rather than having a gift of great velocity. And your history seems to stop suddenly.

RJdude
19th May 2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by RaZoR LeAf

RJdude - No male Gerudos sorry

Why not? There's one born every 100 years. Ganondorf is a Gerudo, and he's male.

And I never said he could read "Ancient Hylian" by "Hylian" By "Hylian" I meant the language spoken by the Hylians at that point in time.

Tainted
19th May 2003, 09:37 AM
There are no 'Hylians' at this point of time. The name Hylian has been lost... and so has the language, so it is considered an ancient language...
Heh, I'm starting to think we're the only two who understood the game, Razor Leaf... lol

She_wolf_warrior
19th May 2003, 10:25 AM
Well, in Link To The Past, there is a book that you need to get to translate the language. It's needed to get the Master Sword

RaZoR LeAf
19th May 2003, 10:35 AM
Fine, have a male Gerudo. I prefer to limit to Female Gerudos so i don't get RPGs full of only male characters. But by your math and my math, Ganondorf would have been 13 in OoT.

She_wolf_warrior - The book of Muldora yes, but in WInd Waker there is no such book. Hylian as a language of Hyrule is known only as the Ancient Tongue. The names Hyrule, Hylian and Hylia are no longer known to the world. Though the flooded world remains un-named in the Wind Waker, we can assume it's not called Hyrule and the tongue is not called Hylian.

RJdude
19th May 2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Skullfire
Heh, I'm starting to think we're the only two who understood the game, Razor Leaf... lol

First of all, I know plenty about the game.

Second, the people with pointy ears in WW are Hylians. Certain ones, like Link, have pointy ears, which humans do not. And I'm not sure where you heard them called "elves". And just beause they're not called Hylians anymore doesn't change the fact that they are.

But anyway, I'm really sorry for starting this arguement, this is not what this thread is for. So I'll end it now.

Tainted
19th May 2003, 03:02 PM
I can remember the word 'elf' being used, but I forget where...
The term 'pointy-ears' is used at the begining of the game, before you get to Valoo and such... and even on Outset Island...

RaZoR LeAf
19th May 2003, 03:57 PM
Hylains come from Hyrule. Hyrule doesn't exist anymore. The people of the wind waker are the descendants of the few chosen by the gods to continue life above water. Since it is no longer Hyrule, they are no longer Hylians. 105 has passed.

I haven't heard a reference to them being called elves but calling them "Descendants of the long dead Hyrule" is excessive, and since in other fantasy genres, humans with pointed ears are called elves, it is fairly simple to link the two together.

That's the end of that. I'll see if I can start this RPG tomorrow afternoon.

PokeMaster Jimmy
19th May 2003, 04:43 PM
I was just asking to make sure. I've played Wind Waker but just haven't finished.

As for the "secret magickal power", it's just sort of like Link's magic. Remember, some Great Fairy's grant magic. Only my magic will be limited and I won't really steal the whole spinning slash move. It's mainly just to use items that require magic like the Magic Armor crystal... Well now that you think about it, Magic Armor is prolly the only thing that requires magic besides the Deku Leaf. But either way, you never know if you need it. But if you don't want me to have it, it's gone.

RaZoR LeAf
20th May 2003, 02:15 AM
Now that you explain it, that's fine.

Ho-oh2001
20th May 2003, 05:17 PM
Name: High Priestess Demonica

Species: Gerudo

Description: A tall, slender, fair-haired vixen, Demonica is strikingly beautiful. She has long, wavy, blonde hair; her eyes are always hidden behind her dark glasses, but one would rarely suspect that they are wrinkled with laugh-lines, or ever will be. She wears the white robes, complete with purple trim, that are significant of her role in the Tribe—the white dress, jacket, top, and canter that are the marks of the High Priestess. The canter itself bears the symbol of a dark Triforce, which she had sewn onto it to remind all who look upon it of the great force that was Ganondorf and of his plans to consume the world in his glory. Also, Demonica holds with her always a simple scepter made of some metal—three rings of everlasting energy circle around its head.

History: Riddled with both happiness and despair, Demonica’s past involved being very close with the Gerudo Lord Ganondorf. Upon a time, long now beyond the capability of human memory, they were lovers. As a symbol of his undying love for her, Ganondorf bestowed upon Demonica the blessing of his power, granting her a fraction of his magic, and promising to her that she would, at such a time that the circumstances were right, awaken from even death itself to flood the world with his memory.

Fine sentiments, to be sure. Things were not quite as happy as they seem; as it turns out, Demonica’s expiration was finally by Ganondorf’s hand. As the story goes, she grew jealous of Crown Princess Zelda of Hyrule, as Ganondorf sought day and night to find her and take her as his own. And so, in a fit of jealousy, Demonica constantly interfered in his plans, discretely, allowing her to steal away as much time with him as she could muster. Ganondorf suspected nothing; he was dismayed that Zelda had managed to elude his grasp at every turn, but did not suspect Demonica of anything. However, one day, the High Priestess slipped up—she was seen at the scene of one crucial point in Ganondorf’s campaign when he had hoped to finally take the princess. In his violent rage, Ganondorf consumed Demonica in his darkness.

It was then, with her out of his way, that the Hero of Time began his quest to save the land from Ganondorf’s evil influence—and succeeded. The land of Hyrule was washed away, to be all but forgotten by the ages; and all the while, Demonica’s blessing was at work. Ganondorf had forgotten—or been unable—to remove it before he killed her.

Now, as the dark energy of Agahnim seeps through the new world, the “circumstances” favouring her rebirth have been fulfilled—Demonica has arisen. And yet, she is afraid; afraid to make an alliance with Agahnim. What if she meets the same fate that befell her those innumerable years ago? Now, caught between two evils—joining with Agahnim or the fight against him—Demonica teeters on the edge of neutrality as she seeks to find her own place, destiny, and future in this strange world.

Personality: A cryptic sort of being, Demonica rarely, if ever, professes her feelings or allegiances to others. It may seem, at one moment, as though she is your ally; then, a moment later, as though she is your greatest enemy. Still unsure of her place in the grand scheme of things, Demonica is not beyond helping others—but beware: few are able to discern whether she’s helping them… or if they’re helping her.

Weapons: A simple scepter made of some metal. Three rings of energy perpetually circle around the head; their origins are unknown. She also bears some magical powers, though they are somewhat latent after her long “sleep.” As time goes on and the “blessing” courses further through her veins, she may gain more strength with them. The only question is what she will do with them.

Shield/Armor: Unless her robes count, none.

Other: Not much, really. She knows a little Hylian, having lived in that age—however, after her long “sleep,” she has forgotten much of it. She knows enough to carry on a decent conversation, not that it will be of much use in a land where Hyrule no longer exists.

So... how's that? Is it alright? I tried to justify it as best I could... just let me know.