17th May 2003, 07:36 PM
1v1
48 hr DQ
regular Arena

My Pokemon:

Aipom male
Nickname: Brute
Signature Move: Sky Uppercut
Aipom leaps into the sky at the opponent jaw, with his fist extended for an upper cut. He can leap to massive heights when using this(and only this), reaching up to 25 feet.
Type: Fighting | Accuracy: 60% | Damage: 15% base, but gains more depending on if the opponent is flying or a tall Pokemon, but can not exceed 20% damage per use| Can be used two times per battle max|

You send out a Pokemon now and attack, then I attack.

Yinx
18th May 2003, 05:45 AM
I'll battle yah, as soon as I get my team approved. Should not take long.

WaterElite117
18th May 2003, 11:32 AM
Okay, thanks =D

Everoy
18th May 2003, 12:12 PM
I will ref, but I suggest making the DQ 1 week.

WaterElite117
18th May 2003, 12:17 PM
Well, not 1 week, but I wll extend it to 4 days to be nice =D

WaterElite117
20th May 2003, 11:03 AM
Ready Yinx?

Mindprobe
20th May 2003, 11:16 AM
Yinx's last log-in has been like loooong time ago.
I think he has quite or has been absence. Just to inform, I would like to take Yinx's place if he doesn't post anything whatsoever in 10hours.

If yo and the ref accept it, btw, I'm newbie myself too.

P.S. He still hasn't got a team ready(like I don't have), I checked from Team Approval Tower.

WaterElite117
20th May 2003, 12:23 PM
Seeing as it has been so long since he logged in, go ahead and post attacks and all now. Sorry Yinx ^^

Everoy
20th May 2003, 03:02 PM
I'm fine with that.

Mindprobe
21st May 2003, 08:51 AM
I think the next time an approver finally decides to at least check the ASB Team Approval tower, I will get approved. Hopefully, the sigs are within the rules and recommedations...

EDIT: Or if I can battle the 1on1 with those pokes which are allready accepted

WaterElite117
21st May 2003, 12:50 PM
Ya, just send out one you already got.

WaterElite117
22nd May 2003, 09:28 PM
Bump

Mindprobe
23rd May 2003, 07:55 AM
Sorry for the late post

Ok, I'll choose my Male Gastly Demi. (Sig is approved)
Gee, my first battle ever.

Demi, let's start with Confuse Ray. When it's going on it's hallusinations, give it a nasty Toxic attack. If it's unable to attack you, use thunderbolt for some damage. If it attacks you, use double team instead.

[b]Confuse Ray ~ Toxic ~ Thunderbolt/Double Team

WaterElite117
23rd May 2003, 11:22 AM
Aipom, Double Team to avoid CRay! Then Shadow Ball him before he can DT! Follow it up with Beat Up to destroy his clones and hurt him.

Double Team ~ Shadow Ball ~ Beat Up

Charizard04621
23rd May 2003, 02:19 PM
Um, who approved that Aipom's Signature Move? Sky Uppercut is an official Ruby/Sapphire move... It's against the rules to have a Signature Move resembling any already existing pokémon attacks.

Everoy
23rd May 2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Charizard04621
Um, who approved that Aipom's Signature Move? Sky Uppercut is an official Ruby/Sapphire move... It's against the rules to have a Signature Move resembling any already existing pokémon attacks.

I think it's because RuSa pokemon and moves are not used in ASB currently. I checked the Approval Tower, and it was approved.

WaterElite117
23rd May 2003, 06:49 PM
Well, it isn't an attack here yet, so it shouldn't be banned.

Mindprobe
24th May 2003, 01:13 PM
Let's go on with it Parsec, both of us have made their attacks.

Everoy
24th May 2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Mindprobe
Let's go on with it Parsec, both of us have made their attacks.

Did you even read the previous posts? WE's Aipom's sig might not be legal.

Cyrus
24th May 2003, 01:52 PM
PP, this is also a 1 vs. 1 and Aipom's opponent is a ghost, I highly doubt if the fighting sig is legal or not will have an effect on this battle seeing as how the ghost is immune to it. Seeing as how it wasn't ordered in the first round an answer on whether or not it is legal isn't needed right now, it would only be an issue if he attempted to use it.

Everoy
24th May 2003, 03:19 PM
Okay, I will have the reffing up by Tuesday.

WaterElite117
27th May 2003, 12:11 PM
Hurry plz ^^;

Mindprobe
28th May 2003, 02:41 AM
Yesterday, our fan from the computer got broken. I cannot use the computer for, who knows how long. And next week I'm going to a holiday to Helsinki, the capital of Finland. I'm sorry about all inconviniences and I'm asking Cyrus to sub-ref and sub-battle all my reffings and battles. I'm writing this on school computer, and this might be the last time I'm writing for maximum of two weeks if not longer.

Mystic Island Rumble - I will ask this to be postponed until I come back, but if you don't want to, Cyrus can replace me. *hands over slash's poke-ball to Cyrus* Take good care Slash, you are in good hands.

3way 3on3 - Postponed, until I come back.

1on1 with Waterelite - Postponed or Cyrus subs. *hands over Demi's poke-ball to Cyrus*

Jolteon100 vs. *g_rock* - Postponed or Cyrus sub-refs.

Dark Dragonite's Challenge - Not going to start before I come back or dd can find another opponent. Sorry DD, I know you were looking forward to this.

I'm really sorry about this inconvinience, but I can't do anything about it.

Mindprobe
28th May 2003, 12:53 PM
That was a false alarm, my dad fixed the fan. But you have to understand, I thought it will take weeks, like it took with changing a light.

So, I can still keep on reffing/battling, sorry again

BTW, we need faster referee...

Everoy
28th May 2003, 05:58 PM
I posted something in the reffing tower that you should look at...

Sooty
31st May 2003, 08:54 AM
I'm subreffing this by request.

About the signature... I think it's redundant...
I would easily allow a command to 'punch your enemy skywards with a small/medium/large force'. In other words, the name of the attacks only summarises that particular action.

That said, just use the phrase above and I'll treat it as if it's your signature.

Sooty
1st June 2003, 05:12 AM
WaterElite117 Vs Mindprobe
Plain Earth

Round 1
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
WaterElite117
Brute the Aipom - Hp: 100% Fatigue: 0%
Mindprobe
Demi the Gastly- Hp: 100% Fatigue: 0%
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comparison/Considerations
Aipom and Demi are rather similar in toughness. Therefore, each percent of their HP/Fatigue is equal. Gastly is vaporous at the start of the battle.

Turn Details
Mindprobe: Confuse ray!
- Demi charges Confuse ray <+1%Fat>
WaterElite117: Double team to avoid Confuse Ray!
- Brute blurs momentarily and a line of 7-14 Aipoms forms in front of Demi. [Result: 10] <+4%Fat 10Clones>
- Demi releases the Confuse Ray and erases 5-8 Aipoms [Result: 5] <+2%Fat>
- Brute avoids a direct hit from the fanning ray [10/11 hit] but flinches for a second due to the light. <-1%Hp 5Clones>
Mindprobe: Toxic!
- Demi rapidly spits 3-5 small globs of toxic [Result:4] at the flinching Aipoms before they can react (knowing that one single toxic would be a waste) <+2%Fat>
- Brute recovers from the slight flinch and 4 globs are already approaching. The second shot hits the real Aipom, the others erasing 3 clones. [4/6 hit] <Poisoned very slightly, 2Clones>
- Now knowing the real Aipom, he fires a larger blob. <+2%Fat>
WaterElite117: Shadow ball!
- Brute reacts by charging up a shadow ball. <+1%Fat –1%Hp>
- Brute throws the ball and the two projectiles intercept. [Decision: matter won’t interact with non-matter] <+2%Fat>
- Brute is first his by the glob of toxic. <Mild poisoning –1%Hp>
- Demi gets hit by Shadow Ball, an effective attack, doing 10-14% HP damage [Result: 12%Hp] <-12%Hp>
Mindprobe waits for WaterElite117’s move
WaterElite117: Beat him up!
- Brute begins to run with his clones. <+1%Fat>
Mindprobe: Double team!
WaterElite117: Find the real one with your beat up.
- Demi blurs momentarily and a line of 8-15 Gastlys in front of WaterElite117 [Result: 10] <+4%Fat 10Clones>
- Brute runs to the closest Gastly and all 3 Aipoms delivers one punch, then continues down the line. <+3%Fat>
- Demi is not in the line Brute is going down. [1/2] The clones that are in the line are erased. <4Clones left>
- Brute turns around to face Demi who has lost track of which the real Brute is. [Decision: Double teams mingled in the physical attack, all clones are effective now.]

Brute < +11%Fat, –2%Hp, Mildly Poisoned (1% next round), 2 Clones>
Demi < +10%Fat, --12%Hp, 4 Clones>

Plain Earth

The two trainers face each other on a barren ground with nothing in the horizon, no audience to force showmanship, no perimeter for a battlefield. After they release their representative for the battle around ten metres apart, they greeted each other politely. It seemed that WaterElite117, who was supposed to meet Yinx for battle, ended up having a battle with Mindprobe instead, as Yinx did not turn up.

They wait for each other’s commands, and Mindprobe decides to take the initiative, crying out for a Confuse ray to hopefully incapacitate Brute, WaterElite117’s Aipom. Instinctively, the threatened becomes defensive and Aipom double teams while Demi starts to glow. Nearly immediately a Gastly-thick ray of purple sweeps across the field annulling 5 of 10 the clones created. The primates quickly cover their eyes with their palms to avoid confusion.

As the Aipoms withdraw from their defensive position, four tiny glob of corrupted liquid shower the clones, hitting one Aipom each. Three simulacrums of Brute were snuffed out, leaving purple goo where they had been. The last was Brute himself. Poisoned and provoked, Brute’s brings his prehensile hand-tail in front of him and shapes a shadow ball between his three hands, tail wavering from the energy. As Demi fires a larger goop of toxic at him, Brute releases the vicious attack hadoken-style. The two projectiles go through each other and found their mark without any interaction.

Both Pokemon recovers from the attack quickly and Brute, much angrier, rushes forward with his two remaining clones and smashes… Demis. Demi had double-teamed in defence to the attack and it seemed worth it if not for the fact that the attack would not have even worked since he was immune to physical attacks. Nevertheless, Demi still has 4 clones, an advantage not to be ignored. He, however, had lost the real Brute in all the mess.

WaterElite117
Brute the Aipom - Hp: 98% Fatigue: 11% <Mildly Poisoned (1% next round), 2 Clones>
Mindprobe
Demi the Gastly- Hp: 88% Fatigue: 10% <4 Clones>

Mindprobe
3rd June 2003, 02:54 AM
I will be absence from Wednesday to Saturday due to a holiday with my family. I'll post again in Sunday at the latest.

Sooty
3rd June 2003, 06:21 AM
I just relised that I reffed the first round. That makes me the ref, not subref, of this battle.

Mindprobe
7th June 2003, 02:12 PM
If WaterElite won't reply to this topic in next 24hours, I consider it as a DQ

Sooty
8th June 2003, 11:20 AM
Confirming DQ. Mindprobe wins and gets 1yen + a catch/evo.

Thanks for wasting my time :p

Mindprobe
8th June 2003, 11:20 AM
I consider this as a DQ, he hasn't replied in a loong time...What you say ref?