PDA

View Full Version : Another attempt on a decent RSBot team

MetalScyther
17th May 2003, 08:50 PM
Ok, well I'm back for another helping of criticism. So, just point out obvious errors, things my team lacks, etc. Remember that when rating a team its not all about movesets.

Starter: Tyranitar
Adamant(+Atk, -SpclAtk)
Sandstream - summons a sandstorm

@Leftovers/Chesto Berry

~Dragon Dance
~Rock_Slide
~Earthquake
~Rest

Tyranitar will be in every team of mine in the future, simply because of sandstream. This team is aiming to be a decent TSS team, so sandstream works well. Otherwise this is pretty much standard. When blissey passes a lightscreen onto this thing, omg, ph33r, thats all I will say. I will max out attack on this thing, meaning that after one dragon dance it will be nearing 600 attack.

Spiker: Forretress
Adamant(+Atl, -SpclAtk)
Sturdy - negates OHKO moves

@Leftovers

~Spikes
~Explosion
~Rapid spin
~Toxic/Sand tomb/reflect/return/hpbug

I'm using forretress over skarmory because it learns rapid spin, meaning that I don't have to throw in a starmie or armaldo on this team. Everything else is standard, except for the last slot. Sand tomb sounds so great because I could possibly trap a healbeller, or better yet a rapid spinner. If I could trap a 'spinner, if I was faster, I wouldn't hesitate blowing up. :D Attack and HP are maxed on this. I'm also considering dumping HP for speed.

Healbeller: Blissey
Calm(+SpclDef, -Atk)
Natural Cure: heals upon switching out

@Leftovers

~Lightscreen
~Toxic
~Healbell
~softboiled

Lightscreen is flat out dangerour when passed to tyranitar. Toxic because this is a TSS team, and the rest is standard.

Special sweeper: Raikou
Modest(+Spcl Atk, -Atk)
Pressure: raises foes PP usage

@Leftovers

~THunderbolt
~Crunch
~Calm mind
~Rest

Standard. My special sweeper. Calm mind helps thunderbolt own, and rest helps me take advantage of 1337 healbelling.

Overall support: Milotic
Modest(+Spcl Atk, -Atk)
Marvel Scale: ups defense if suffering

@Leftovers

~Recover
~Surf
~Icebeam
~Mirrorcoat/toxic/confuseray

Just helps me out against ground pokes in the like. It's a great tank with recover. Mirrorcoat is expected and thus doesn't work great, but gives me defense against electrics. Confuse ray works great with the overall theme, but I need more toxicers.

Physical Sweeper: Metagross
Adamant(+Atk, -SpclAtk)
Clear body- prevents stat lowering

@Leftovers/chesto

~Meteor Mash
~Earthquake
~Rest
~Toxic/lightscreen/(?)brickbreak(?)

A great overall pokemon, but I'm not sure what works best for the last slot. Toxic is just another option in case I don't want to use it on forretress.

Yeah, I know its standard, so if you don't like the standard movesets, rate the synergy(if it has any lol), or something.

I count a spiker, a rapid-spinner, a healbeller, with plenty of pokemon to rest. I counter 1 automatic toxicer. I need atleast 2, and probably want 3. I'm not sure if I want forretress to have it, so I will probably put it on milotic and possibly metagross. Where do you all think I should put toxic?

Finally, my last concern is that my rapid-spinner is designed to blow up, so I dunno..

Geofree
17th May 2003, 09:10 PM
Ok, I'm not that great at team rating but I'll give it a go. I've read many a RMT topics so I'll use the knowledge I've gained from that.

Tyranitar: Good, I like thsi moveset. The only thing I could suggest would be crunch instead of rock slide. It's 10% more accurate and a little bit more powerful.

Forretress: Heh, I like the idea of a spiker/rapid spinner on one poke. Sand tomb would be an ok move to use but it's fairly weak. I'd go with toxic. Hmmm, not too sure about having a spiker/rapid spinner and exploder on one poke though.

Blissey: Ok, you said you'd pass lightscreen onto Tyranitar but it doesn't have baton pass, maybe try putting that on there, maybe instead of softboiled since your gonna be in and outta there if you're just using lightscreen.

Raikou: Standard, but good.

Milotic: Again, fairly standard but good.

Metagross: As far as I know, Metagross is a tank. I've never raised one but how about iron defense for the last slot. Hmmm, not too sure, sorry.

Overall, a pretty good team. :yes:

MetalScyther
17th May 2003, 09:52 PM
Rockslide gets STAB and works great off of tyranitars attack and dragon dance, and crunch doesn't.

Sandtomb isn't used to do damage, it is used to trap the pokemon so I can explode on them, without fear of them switching.

Blissey doesn't need batonpass, nor can it learn it, to give lightscreen to tyranitar. It psedopasses it.

I don't want iron defense in the last spot because its defense is already uber leet.

Thanks for the rate though.

Anyone else?

FlareonX
17th May 2003, 10:14 PM
Tyranitar: I think this thing is incredibly cheap with Dragon Dance, but I can't fault you for using what is available. Don't forget the flinching factor that comes into play after boosting your speed with Dragon Dance. Very nice indeed.

Forretress: Sand Tomb is an interesting thought, but I'd still say go with Toxic. Explosion conflicts with Rapid Spin, although it could be a nice surprise late in the match if they think you don't have Explosion after seeing Rapid Spin. Maybe.

Blissey: I really prefer the Serene Grace Ability with Ice Beam and perhaps Calm Mind. Just my preference, though.

Raikou: Reflect is also an option.

Milotic: If you put Reflect on Raikou, then Mirror Coat becomes much more useful. Toxic or Confuse Ray is your choice, just remember both are easily countered(Steel pokemon and Own Tempo Ability, along with Safeguard).

Metagross: Brick Break would help you out more, especially if the whole TSS theme isn't working.

Overall: It's tough to say how well a TSS team will work in RS. It seems every team has a Safeguarder and a Rapid Spinner, nullifying Toxic and Spikes. Fortunately Sleep Talkers are very rare now, which helps this team out a lot.