PDA

View Full Version : Evolution Quest

E_Eevee
17th May 2003, 11:20 PM
Yes, cheesy title ^^;;;;;; A fic idea my bro and I talked up over the phone one evening.

Prologue

Dogda gazed tiredly at the dark night sky spangled with bright, clear stars. No clouds cluttered the crystal view unlike his mind. Stray thoughts mingled with important details creating a messy jumble. He always hated this time of year, the time when a special few must be selected to perform the sacred quest. Over the last few years the choices had been severely lacking and this year was needed for salvation. If this did not happen it could change the course of the world.

A cool spring breeze ruffled through the long, sweet grass and the tree branches. The pool before him rippled and teased creating ringlets on the water's surface. It would be nice to enjoy the simple pleasures of life, but as the leader of the Mewtru he had responsibilities.

His mind turned back to the recent choices. This year they had invited three special human youths to carry out the quest. Each had strong strengths and pitfall weaknesses. Even so, if the three worked together they would balance each other out perfectly.

The first was a young trainer from Pallet Town. He showed promise and learned from his mistakes. His main pokemon was an Umbreon, which would be a powerful addition once he came.

The other two were twins, brother and sister. They were older than the other youth, but he doubted that two years were that much of a difference. After all, humans tended to live twice as long as his kind. They had plenty of time to make friends and enemies. The male was cocksure and hot tempered, but with a great sense of humor. The female was calm and thoughtful. They were opposites and were matched. Their pokemon were Jolteon and Vaporeon respectively. Dogda was unsure why the stars had pointed to so many of the Eevee species, but he bowed to the decision. After all, Eevee was the emblem of evolution.

Hopefully these humans would be the key to the mewtru's salvation. If this quest failed; well, it would turn the world topsy-turvy for both pokemon and humans.

Closing his large violet eyes he slipped into a trance.

Chapter One

Mandy waited impatiently at the top of the steep hill. Her petite water eeveelution was sitting still as a statue at her side. Below them a tow haired boy and his Jolteon were laboring up the hill. Beads of sweat settled on Mandy's fair forehead and she brushed them away with the back of her hand. The sun was almost directly above them and scorching now that they had left the shelter of the trees.

Twitching when a fly landed on her she smacked it with a foul temper. Why were they here in this godforsaken place? They could be kicking back in a nice air-conditioned pokecenter or chilling in a public pool. Instead they were trudging in unbearable heat earning them blisters and numerous bruises.

"Wait up." Her brother whined pathetically. She flicked a pebble at him. It missed and he stuck his tongue out at her.

"Are you sure that message was for real?" she asked pretending to idly pick some dirt from under her long, delicate nails. Her violet eyes flickered to the side and she watched her brother's expression.

He shrugged and plopped himself on the edge of the ledge they were on. His legs pumped back and forth in a lazy fashion and he ran a hand through his short blond hair. "It was delivered by a raikou. I'd say that's pretty real to me. Its not every day powerful electric pokemon seeks me out and dropped a pretty letter at my feet."

"You didn't try to catch it did you?"
"How stupid do you think I am?" He snapped.

She smiled deviously and said, "I seem to remember a certain incident involving a very angry gyrados and your little eevee."

He blushed and glared in turn. "So I tried to get it, okay? Who could resist such a great pokemon falling in their lap?"

"Not you obviously. Bean head. It could've used you like a toothpick and your Jolteon like a triple A battery." The Vaporeon beside her snickered.

"But it didn't."

"Yeah, lucky you." His sister muttered rolling her eyes mockingly. She extended her hand down and helped him up. He made a big fuss about it and almost dragged her off her feet. She socked his shoulder as punishment.

"Hey, easy on the merchandise, sis. You break it you buy it."

"Cheeky jerk. That's what you are." She mumbled jokingly.

"Jolt." Bolt barked in warning. His ruff bristled up and his sister joined him her frill raised.

"Who's there?" Mandy called out. A crashing noise echoed and a female Umbreon darted out of the bushes.

"Doofus, it's just a pokemon." Mark chided Bolt, but the Jolteon wasn't reassured. He continued to growl looking beyond the dark evolution. The Umbreon in response was snarling protectively.

"Aw, crap." A distinctively human voice called out followed by more crashing noises.

A brown, spiked hair youth stepped out of the bushes. He looked up surprised to see he had an audience. Mark smirked and extended his hand to help the other over the ledge, he nearly got his hand bitten for his effort.

"Umbreon, no." The trainer commanded sharply and the dark pokemon backed off her ruby eyes glinting. "Sorry about that."

"No problem."Mark muttered rubbing his wrist and imagining the damage that would've done.

Mandy blinked and pretended to sooth her Vaporeon. The water pokemon leaned blissfully into the caresses.

"So what are you doing here man?" Mark asked noticing his sister's quiet behavior. He flashed her an evil smile and her eyes widened at his silent implications.

"I really don't think that's any of your business."

"Well, then. Mighty secretive aren't you? Could we at least hear your name?"

The trainer hesitated then proclaimed in a well-practiced voice that made both of the twins cringe, "I am the great Gary Oak!"

"As in the tree?" Mark asked oafishly.
"No, as in the grandson of the great Samuel Oak!" Gary corrected proudly.

"Remember, the pokemon professor Tracy is assisting?" Mandy prompted.

Mark thought about it for a moment then blurted out, "Oh, yeah, that guy. Heh, Tracy finally found someone stupid enough to take him on."

"Mark!" Mandy snapped completely aware of the double slur. She knocked him over the head with her fist and smiled. "Sorry about that. His mouth tends to run faster than the rest of him. We grew up with Tracy and are pleased he's fulfilling his dreams. Aren't we Mark?"

"Uh-huh. Thrilled to pieces."

"You're going to be in pieces if you don't cut it out." Mandy threatened under her breath.

"Eep." Mark squeaked.

"I'm Mandy Benson and this is my twin brother Mark. These are our pokemon Mist and Bolt. They're twins also."

The three eeveelutions were deep in introductions of their own and barely acknowledged their trainers.

"Odd that we all have eevees." Gary mused out loud.

"I don't suppose you had an interesting encounter with a raikou lately?" Mark yipped undaunted by his sister's threat.

"No, a entei actually." Gary said offhand. The twins exchanged looks.

"You're joking right? Ha ha, very funny."
"I'm not joking."

"Uh, do you see legendary pokemon often?" Mandy asked with a sinking feeling.

"Not ones that carry letters." Gary looked at them sharply. His brown eyes flickered between them noting the guilty behavior. "You two got an invite too, didn't you?"

totodilelover
17th May 2003, 11:23 PM
OK, this is one is alittle better than the other one you posted. Again you have that problom with the words. You got werid letters and symbol's and it's very hard to understand. But I know that its about the eevee evolutions. If you fix it up more it will be clearer to read.

Hyperness is a Good Thing
18th May 2003, 05:25 AM
=( The funny symbols all over are irritating.....distracts you from the story....

But so far..I like the story....it sounds interesting.....=) When you complete the next chpater put it up... I want to read more....

Doomykins
19th May 2003, 06:25 PM
*laughs and shakes head* You are obsesed with Eevees, aren't you? Hmm, I'll have to keep up with this one. It's good so far, and I am sooooo glad that you fixed that anoying text thing. Well, good luck in keeping up with two fics at once. I can't even keep up one fic at once.

E_Eevee
19th May 2003, 07:59 PM
My bro darkeeveelutions insisted that I post this next chapter immediately. Thanks for helping me make sure that the funny symbol were eradicated since i can't see them.

totodilelover: A bit about eevee's more about evolution. Well, you'll see.

Hyperness is a Good Thing: I think it was the font my word has.
Let me knew if it happens again, okay guys?

Doomykins: Not obsesed, not really :D *pokes temple with finger* See, I'm smart. I wrote several chapters of each before posting ^^

Chapter Two

"Hurry up Ash!" Misty chided.

"I'm coming." Ash grumbled. "When's lunch?"

Both the younger trainers turned to Brock, who wasn't there.

"Your graceful body is only parallel by your stunning face." Brock stammered clutching the hand of a rather miffed looking young woman.

She disengaged her hand and socked him. He doubled over groaning and she growled, "That's my body you're talking about perv. Do you usually run up to people you see and cling to them like that? It's wrong."

"Uh, sis, you shouldn't hit peopleā€¦" She turned on the boy with her fist upraised. He yipped and dodged behind Gary.

"Gary!" Ash cried in his normal idiotic battle cry/ greeting thing.

"Brock." Misty growled grabbing the older teen by his ear.

Mandy crinkled up her nose and looked to Gary, "You know these dimwits?"
"Unfortunately."

"Hey, watch who you're calling a dimwit." Misty howled ready to take Mandy out. Suddenly, Mandy's Vaporeon was in between them snarling. Misty feel back all the steam taken out of her anger. She was half- awed and half- afraid of the water pokemon.

"We seemed to be getting off on the wrong, er, feet?" Mark croaked weakly. He was still hiding cautiously behind Gary. "Can't we all just be civil?"

Mandy whirled on him and tried to reach around Gary. Her twin dodged and took to hiding behind Misty. She screeched and whacked him over the head.

"I wasn't the one taking snipes at a childhood friend or making fun of Gary's last name just a few minutes ago." Mandy said calmly.

"This is really confusing." Ash mumbled and Pikachu agreed.

Then there was an awkward silence where they all stared at each other. Mandy was glaring in turns at Mark and Brock. Misty was staring accusingly at Mark. Mark was eyeing his sister like she would bite. Ash was looking to Gary. Gary was ignoring everyone with a false air of aloofness. Brock was still looking at the ground through tears.

Mandy sighed heavily, "And I suppose these morons, excluding the girl, were invited too. Which legendary pokemon popped up and tossed you a letter?"

"A what?"
"Don't play dumb." Mandy said to Ash eyeing him like he was incredibly dense.

"He's not playing." Gary said in a superior tone.
"Then they weren't invited? They're just hiking up here for the heck of it?" Mark asked in disbelief.

Mandy waved her hand dismissively, "I suppose so."
"Hey, we're right here." Misty pointed out.

"Well, I guess we might as well be polite anyway."

Mandy sniffed secretly relieved that the trio of idiots hadn't received an invite. It would be an insult to her intelligence. If there was one thing she had difficulty tolerating it was stupid people.

"A little late for that." Misty muttered with narrowed eyes.

"Pour?" Mist questioned looking up the hill. She then looked at Mandy with a mild confusion shinning in her royal purple eyes.

Floating in the air and eyeing them with an air of quiet amazement was the oddest looking pokemon any of them had ever seen. His body was definitely biped with the shoulders and hips almost equal in width. A long, slender tail floated behind him lashing ever so slightly. His skin had no hair at all and was colored a light shade of blue-violet. His dark eyes were almond shaped, but not slanted or overly large. His feet had two distinct toes in the front and a third toe facing to the back. His hand was rounded with three large fingers and a smaller thumb positioned to the side. Small nubs passed for ears and his nose was blunt.

"What is that?" Mark said in amazement. His hand, along with those of Ash and Gary, stole to his belt where he clipped his empty pokeballs. Suddenly he stopped and gulped. "Okay, no catching, I get it."

<Thank you human.> The strange pokemon said in a surprisingly deep voice. Or rather it was a deep, mellow vibration in their minds. <I would not appreciate such action. I find those little contraptions confining and cramped.>

"You froze my hand!"
<Hardly.>
"What are you?" Mandy questioned.
<I am a Mewtru. We are the evolutions of Mew.>

Noting the confused looks he wrinkled his domed brow, <Not in the sense of pokemon evolution. More like that of humans. It took time to create us as a race. Mew is an ancestor. A greatly revered one.>

"Oh." Ash said brightly.
"So you're related to Mew?" Gary asked trying to clarify it.
<Yes.>

"But you evolved differently? As far as I know Mew can't talk telepathically." Mandy muttered, "Or at least it's never been reported or proven."

<Come. Dogda, our elder and leader will before that willing to answer all your questions and more. He is the wisest and has far more knowledge than I.>

. "Why?"
<Why what?> He asked in mild surprise.

"Why should we go with you?" Mandy snapped. She looked around for support, but her fellow humans were already trudging up the hill. She put her head in her hands and groaned at their naivety.

<What do you think is going to happen?> The Mewtru asked patiently. He lowered himself to the ground and walked over to her. She looked up realizing that although he was very slender he was also extremely tall.

She twisted her mouth and looked at him calculating. "I don't know. What couldn't you do to us? Obviously you have advanced psychic powers even if you are physically weak. Mark said you froze his hand yet you deigned it. I think you convinced him it was frozen. Very little can stop my bro when he's in catching mode."

"True." Mark nodded looking confused himself.

<You can't just trust my word?> He asked uneasily. Apparently he hadn't bargained for any resistance. A frown appeared on his face and his brow wrinkled.

"So you can't give me a straight, legitimate reason to go with you? To be frank I trust only one other person beside myself. Trust is earned, not given."

A smile crossed the blue pokemon's mouth and he nodded his head in respect, <I see. Forgive me, I tend to forget how treacherous human beings can be. It is wise of you to be so reserved.>

Mandy's eyes narrowed at the flattery. Mist whined and pressed against her leg.

"Mind tricks don't work very well on me either. Mist keeps me straight."

<Ah. Yet neither of you are psychically inclined?> A second voice intruded causing everyone to jump. An older, smaller Mewtru emerged. His skin was beginning to wrinkle around the eyes and mouth. He gave them all a warm smile. <I told Aoshi that you would not be so easily fooled.>

<You did.> The younger one chuckled slightly. He rubbed the back of his head in an oddly human fashion and grinned.

<Come, let's go to the village.>

darkeeveelutions
19th May 2003, 08:22 PM
yeahness! Hi sis. It is very good and all. Stupid Ash alwayz where he isn't supposed to be. Good prologue and all. And I am very happy that there are lots and lots of Eevees!:yes:

E_Eevee
23rd May 2003, 06:50 PM
Chapter Three

The group labored to the top of the mountain. Mark expected a sharp drop at the other side, but he was surprised. A long slope of stone stair curled down lazily. Ledges held small yet well made huts. The weather wasn't any cool, but large trees shaded the path and small streams trickled down parallel to the steps. It was so perfect it was frightening. He looked over to his sister for support. She seemed more bemused than awed and he took comfort in that. She wasn't much of a fighter so she seemed to have gained a nose for trouble.

"Wow." Ash said gazing around wide-eyed. Misty and Gary wore similar expressions. Brock, well, how could you tell?

<Do you like it?> The one named Aoshi asked. He seemed amused at their open amazement.

"Like it? Like it? It's beautiful... in a boring, peaceful kind of way." Mark grinned. A pair of furret ran across their path completely unafraid.

<Remember, no catching.> Aoshi warned pointedly looking at Ash and Mark. The blond tossed out a sincere-ish grin and saluted with two fingers. <These pokemon have no reason to fear human beings. Under our protective shield this valley remains undetectable to humans. Only a few ever visit here.>

"So how'd those doofuses find it?" Mandy remarked offhanded. Misty glared, but the redhead remained mindful of the aquatic vee pacing the girl's side.

<Perhaps it was written.> The older mewtru commented quietly. Mark could tell his sister's snobbish behavior was bothering the old man. He actually agreed sort of. Ash and his two friends seemed fairly nice.

They walked a bit more and Mark noticed off to the left there was a dark cave maw. A pair of mew stone statues guarded the entrance with surprisingly fierce expressions. They large eyes were set with bright, semi-precious gems and the stone was a rose marble. Whoever had sculpted them had an eye for details making the pair look so life like Mark shivered.

"Aoshi, what's that?" Brock asked staring at the cave entrance. Aoshi remained silent.

<Here we are.> The older one announced completely ignoring the question. Whatever was in the cave they weren't telling. Mark peered at it until Mandy poked him on the shoulder. He gave her a half smile but couldn't shake off the creepy feeling that he didn't want to know what was in the cave.

The entered a large structure. It was made of tiles and stone rather than the usual straw. The architecture had a distinct slant and curve design that made the place seem playful. It was made of the same rose marble as the statues guarding the cave. Candles flickered casting a warm glow and throwing gentle shadows. It was surprisingly cool inside and their footfalls were muffled.

Another mewtru approached. She was garbed in a white sheer robe type outfit with a pink sash tied around her slender waist. Unlike the two males her skin color was much lighter, more like the sky. Her large eyes were a murky white, but she walked with confidence. Mark could tell she was blind. He figured she must have lived most of her life in the temple so she knew her way around. Or maybe it was some sort of special psychic power?

<Greetings questors.> Her voice tinkled lightly and her head turned to each of them in turn. <My name is Kersha and I am head priestess of this temple. Welcome.>

Aoshi and the older mewtru bowed low. Then they turned and walked out leaving the group of human youths to the blind priestess.

<Sit.> Kersha bid sweeping her delicate hand outward. Cushions and pillows lay to the side of the altar in neat order. Each human took on cushion and their pokemon a pillow. Once they were comfortable Kersha started to speak again, <You six have been chosen to complete a very important task. Your success will affect the entire world, as would your failure.>

Mandy shifted for the first time seeming uncomfortable. Mark thought he knew why. She had never been one to go seek out responsibility although leadership suited her well when she wasn't being artificial.

"What do we need to do?" Ash asked eagerly and Mark stifled a groan. Like his sister he wasn't exactly out in the world to help people. A lost puppy? Sure. Saving the world? Uh, no.

<We mewtru were placed with a great trust. To keep the evolution of pokemon in motion. Without constant care the evolution would fail. Each species would remain in their baby form forever. This would in turn affect food chains, habitats, and ultimately all pokemon life. You human also would be affected. Your society would be disrupted, your economy in ruins.>

"Priestess," Mandy interrupted not seeming to know how to address a lady of the mewtru's status, "For a time things would be ruined, but humans always land on their feet if you know what I mean. We're really quite obnoxious. And pokemon is resourceful too. Things would go on."

<This is true.> Kersha admitted seeming to eye the girl, <However, the world would be vastly changed. And not necessarily for the better.>

"So what can we do?" Ash pressed.

"She is getting to that." Gary snapped and his umbreon growled empathizing his annoyance at Ash's insistence to be a pest.

<Children, please.>

"I'm not a child!" Ash shouted and jumped up. Pikachu lost his balance and landed on Mark's head. The electric rat let out a shout of surprise and sent a jolt of electricity tearing through the boy's body. Bolt leapt up, snarling. Mist was immediately at her brother's side. Misty and Brock had wisely scrambled out of the way.

<HALT!>

The three aggressive pokemon stopped immediately. Sparks crackled dangerously around Bolt and his lips were drawn back into an intimidating snarl. Mist's frill and tail remained raised and her normally tranquil purple eyes were filled with aggression. Pikachu was still chattering in pi pikas and his tiny fists were clenched.

A large mewtru entered from behind the altar. He was much blockier than the others they had met with a large, strong build. His tail was more like a bullwhip and his wedge shaped head was wide and scarred. His skin was a dark navy color and his eyes a cold black. A hard frown was plastered to his face and his brows were drawn downward.

<Ah, Siyamak, please join us.> Kersha invited her face covered with a warm smile. He growled, <Fools.>

<Siyamak will be joining you on your quest. You see, normally there would be a party composed of three humans. This year, however, has a slightly different outcome. Each of you will seek out a stone. A stone of evolution. With these special stones you will trek to the top of Mount Moon. There you will complete the ritual and allow evolution to continue. To aid you, you will be given special powers and these.>

The blind priestess made her way to the altar with a vague smile. She motioned for them to join her. Laid out on the stone table were weapons. Not guns and modern stuff but swords and bows. Each was colorized differently with inlays of precious metal and stones.

Gary leaned forward over a matched pair of short swords. Amber stones were set in the pommels and cross handles with black wrapping over the hilt. The sabers were razor sharp with thin points. Cautiously he reached forward to touch one then stopped in askance. The blind priestess, as if sensing his doubt nodded and urged, <Go ahead. They are yours. Whatever draws you are your weapons. Let them choose you.>

Gary snatched up the swords like someone else was reaching for them. He stared at the blades with respectful brown eyes and a slight smirk. His umbreon mewed and nipped his calf. He blinked and the smirk vanished, but not before Mark caught a flash of malicious intent.

Putting it out of his mind Mark leaned over the table letting his weapon choose him. Except nothing happened. None of them jumped out at him or anything. They just looked like a pile of cool weapons. The mace seemed promising. It was studded with gems of varying shades of blue banded with cool steel. The wood was solid and a leather cord had been strung through the bottom of the club for easy transport. There was a halberd with a long handle and an ornate head. A thin, sharp spike was placed on top and the keen edge was laced with silver while the over all color was black. Bits of onyx and crystal decorated the handle. His gaze lingered on the broadsword. Bright gold plaiting laced to make lightning shaped designs around the edges of the hilt and a bright yellow stone of some sort was lodged in the pommel. The sword looked heavy yet Mark was sure he could lift it.

Bolt bounced curiously on the table. His black nose twitched and his eye flicker searchingly. His spiky ears swiveled back to Mark when the boy tried to shoo him off. Instead of jumping off he sat next to the broadsword. Hesitantly Mark hefted it under the watchful eye of his electric pokemon. Once the metal weapon was in his hands Mark felt all the doubt drain away. This was his, it was meant for him.

He barely noticed when Misty chose the mace and Brock the halberd. His sister choose the twisted wooden staff that was slender yet strong. Garnets and other semi-precious jewels of fiery colors swirled around the head and set on the top and wrapped in wood was a large tear shaped ruby.

"Hey wait a minute! Where's mine?" Ash yipped in frustration. The table lay bare of all weapons except a single yew bow and a quiver of arrows. Mandy hesitantly picked them up careful not to jog her staff. "Don't I get any?"

Kersha turned to him and recited in a strange, distance voice, <The chosen one has no need of human weapons.>

<Rest.> Siyamak commanded sharply pointing them out. <Tonight all will be told.>

24th May 2003, 10:40 AM
Ooooooh......loooooong chapter.

*laughs* That Aoshi is so unlike the one from RK....*grins*

Anyways..... Ash is the chosen one?? OOoohhh..They got weapons.....=)

No more funny symbols... goood.

E_Eevee
14th June 2003, 04:46 PM
RK, ruroin kenshin, LOL. that took me a sec to figure out. Oh, yeah, but I thought he was such a cool character so I stole his name! Yes, weapons practice will be fun >=] And I'll try not to completely demean Ash or give away what the priestess meant by chosen one.

sleepingsnorlax
19th June 2003, 10:01 AM
hey, E_Eevee! Remember me? :P

Erh, Aoshi from RK is my fave anime character!! WOOT! But I'm not here to talk about him anyway. Nice fic, E, nice characters too ^_^ *cackle* just gotta love Gary's Umbreon. I like the twins, too, just that Mandy seems a bit cold :yes:

E_Eevee
19th June 2003, 08:38 PM
sleepingsnorlax: Of course I remember you! *huggles* How could I forget a loyal supporter? Aoshi's cool ^^ Oh yes, she's quite the independant one. Mandy's a bit, but she'll warm up.

Chapter Four

"Ash, I don't think we should be here." Misty muttered looking around nervously. The two of them were standing outside the strange cave they had seen when first entering the valley.

"Don't worry so much Misty." Ash replied leaning past one of the mew statues. Pikachu, perched on his shoulder like always, muttered in a low voice. His pointed ears twitched and his round, brown eyes roved restlessly. "They did say we could go where ever we wanted didn't they?"

Misty shivered even though the air was warm and pleasant. "I don't think this is what Aoshi meant."

She had left togepi with Brock not wanting to scare the little egg pokemon. Now she was wishing she had stayed there too instead of following Ash on this crazy exploration. They made their way in. The walls were surprisingly slick, almost like glass, and the coloring was a redish brown. Like minerals were trapped in the dirt. The floor was smooth stone. There was no source of light yet Misty could see the path in front of her easily.

"Misty don't cling like that." Ash growled.

"Sorry." Misty apologized letting go of his shoulders. She wrapped her arms around herself and clenched her teeth. The farther they got to more frightened she became. Grabbing a random pokeball she released the occupant.

"Corsola!"

The small pink and white water pokemon stared around speechless after her original outburst. The cave walls now sported shards of stone embedded and polished. Bits of colored light reflected off the shards creating an eerie effect, but also a very beautiful one. Misty scooped up her pokemon and ran to catch up with Ash.

"Wow." Ash's simple statement echoed dully off the walls then faded away. Misty couldn't even manage that much. She stood and stared with wide aqua eyes and her mouth hanging open.

The long, wide tunnel dead ended into a large, circular cavern. A few zubat rustled above them, but for the most part the carvern was empty. In the center, paved with evolutionary stones, was a fountain. It was blairingly obvious that who ever carved the mew statue guardians and the ones in the temple had also made this. Yet unlike the others this was carved of solid granite.

Seeming to dance upon the surface of the crystal clear water was a mew. This one was slender and definately female. Her long tail twined graceful around her in half circle and her front paws were spread like a ballerena. Droplets of the water dribbled off her tail into the pool below creating constant ringlets that rippled outward, intertwined, then leveled out. Sapphires were set in place of her eyes and her mouth was curled into a gentle smile. Even though the two humans were across the room Misty could swear the statue was watching them. Which only served to freak her out even more. She squeezed her corsola making the pokemon squirm and make small whiney noises. Then the statue moved.

"A-ash..." Misty whimpered backing against the wall. She could feel the stone. It was surprisingly warm to the touch despite the chilled air around them.

Ash was too busy poking the rim of the fountain to pay any attention. "What Misty? I wish you'd stop interrupting."

"I-i-it's moving!"

"What's moving?" Ash asked looking up. Pikachu had moved to his head for a better view.

"The statue." Misty yelped.

"Statues don't...aaah!" Ash yelped and jumped back. Mew stared at him with unblinking, large eyes.

"Mew." She chirped curiously.

Suddenly the cavern was filled with a bright light. In the confusion Misty dropped corsola. When the light cleared the statue was a normal granite casting and the cavern was dull again. The zubats shrieked in confusion and fled out of the cave. Misty realized she was all alone.

"Ash?" Misty called deeply worried. "Ash, answer me!"

"Pika!" Pikachu answered from across the cave. Something seemed off but Misty was too busy looking for Ash to pay much attention to some little detail. "Pikachu! Pi pika!"

Misty ignored the yellow pokemon as she searched around the fountain. Although there wasn't a blast she was afraid Ash had gotten hurt somehow.

She peered in the now still pool and yelped. Her skin was a distinct hue of rose pink, which contrasted violently with her red hair. Her eyes were still a lovely shade of aqua, however, they were smaller, beadier. Her hands and feet were still human, but she had horns sticking out of various places. They were hard and rough like...coral! Licking her lips she glanced around for corsola. The small water pokemon was no where in sight. Not that she expected it to be. Somehow she had a very good idea of what had happened to her. Why she was pink, why she had horns, and why her eyes weren't nearly so good now. Mew had fused her with her pokemon! So where was Ash?

While she had been staring at her reflection Pikachu had crept up next to her. On his head was Ash's offical red and white cap. Misty looked over noting how similar Pikachu now looked to the way Ash was when he turned into an electric rodent. "Ash?"

"Pi Misty?" The yellow rodent replied staring at her in confusion. She screeched and he jumped straight up only to do a bellyflop into the pool. Sputtering he dragged himself out and shook sending droplets every which way. "Why you chu that Misty?"

"You're a pikachu!" Misty shot and then clapped her hands over her mouth.

Ashychu cocked his fuzzy head and shrugged, "Pika? It's kinda cool."

"ASH!" Misty shrieked, "This is not cool at all! We're freaks now! What are we going to say, how are we going to explain THIS?"

Ash nibbled on a claw unworried, "Explain what to chu? You're the one that looks funny."

Misty closed her eyes and clenched her fist. As much as she wanted to whamp him a good one she was too distressed to do so.

<Ash? Misty? Are you here?> It was the mewtru named Aoshi calling. He sounded mildly worried.

"Down here!" Misty called back wondering what he would make of their transformation. For all she knew they had broken some sacred taboo. The mewtru had been incrediably generous so far feeding them, giving them weapons, and treating them like they were truely welcome.

Aoshi came floating down as seemed to be their normal mode of travel. A slight violet aura tinged the air around him, but his eyes remained normal. Apparently their psychic powers were beyond even Mew's. He looked at Misty and seemed mildly surprised. Even slightly amused. Not angry or in a rage as Misty had feared he would be finding them here.

<Decided to explore.> He remarked lightly. His eyes travelled over Ashychu and a smile appeared on his face. <I see Mew chose to bless you. Then Dogda was correct in his star reading.>

"You...you knew about this?" Misty sputtered.

Aoshi favored her with a level look and said, <You came without forewarning and a little early, but it is of no great matter. Mew accepted you.>

"Pi, I'm stuck like this?" Ash questioned more curious than fearful.

<Until your quest is ended.>
Misty and Ash stared at him.

He didn't seem to notice. Whirling gracefully without brushing the sides of the tunnel he called over his shoulder, <Come. It is time for weapons practice.>

Author's note: A bit short but it serves well. Now you guys are getting an inkling of what they are getting into ^^ BTW, I've had this chappy forever, I'm just too lazy to post. And I started a YYH fic.

20th June 2003, 09:52 AM
*laughs* They.....combined with their pokemon??? *ROTFL*

I always thought Ash and Pikachu would be a wonderful pair.

Just wondering, who has control over the body, Ash of Pikachu? Or do they fight for control, or mutual co-existence, or they've been totally merged? *is intrigued by this turn of events.*

E_Eevee
25th June 2003, 09:58 PM
Hyperness is a Good Thing: Yup. As was intended, well not in Ash's case :) And mostly Ash controls unless Pika has something he really wants to achieve. Will be a problem in the future.

Chapter Five

Gary waited patiently for Aoshi to come back with Ash and Misty. He shook his head. Ash was always sticking his nose where it didn't belong. Always. Even as a child he was incredibly noisy and was always in trouble because of it. In fact, that what had broken up their friendship.

His gaze idly flicked to where the siblings were standing. Mark was quarreling fiercely with Mandy about the merits of his sword. He could tell it was all in fun no matter how much they bickered. He wished his relationship with his older sister May was so normal. Instead she was more like a mother than a sister and had been ever since their mother died of cancer when he was five.

"Bree?" Umbreon questioned, nudging his hand with her nose. Her red eyes gleamed intelligently and she placed a paw on his knee. He ruffled her ears and smiled. Their relationship was a bit rocky at first, especially after she had just evolved. The dark side of her was wildly independent, yet she had managed to channel that independence into solely serving his requirements.

"I don't know Umbreon. These mewtru seem nice enough and they are asking a very large, important favor. I know you prefer to be alone, but Bolt and Mist seem to get along with you alright. Their trainers aren't so bad either." Gary rolled his eyes thinking of Mark's antics. They were mostly harmless and hilarious. Somehow though Gary could sense he was much more intelligent than he let on. Just as smart as his sister if not morsel. "We can put up with Ash and his little fan club if we have to. I'm sure there's a huge reward for completing this task and we'll be traveling quite a bit so we'll be able to enlarge my team..."

"Umb."
"Yeah, I think we should stick with this too."

"Woah-ha! What happened to you two?"

Mark's catcall made Gary jerk his head up.

"Sporting yellow now Ash?" He yipped then took a double look at Misty, "Woah, and pink for the gal! My you two make a pair. Whada'ya do? Sprinkled around some faerie dust and transform? Or maybe you rolled in it by the looks of you."

Mandy stared openly then causally popped her brother on the head, "Shut up."

While Mark was rubbing his head Mandy walked over to Aoshi. Gary was interested in what she would say, but at that moment Brock emerged from the tent with a pot full of some sort of stew. His mouth dropped along with the pot. Meat, gravy, and vegetables spewed everywhere in a mini eruption as the metal pot hit the ground with a clang.

Misty's little togepi ran up, took a look, and promptly started crying. When Misty tried to scoop the baby egg up it ran as far as it could and hid behind the stunned Brock. Mark found all of this massively hilarious and was laughing so hard he began wheezing for breath.

"Okay, that's enough!" Mandy snapped evidently having received that answers she had asked for. "It's not permanent! All they did was merge with their pokemon! Aoshi said once the quest is over then they will go back to normal. As normal as they can be anyway." That last bit was muttered softly.

<Yes, your friends will be quite alright.> Aoshi reassured them. He smiled and continued, <You must learn how to control your weapons. Siyamak and I will instruct you, however, you must practice what you learn. Perfect it.>

Soon they were sorted into groups of two, with the exception of Ash. The mewtru took Bolt the jolteon aside and asked if the electric pokemon could instruct Ash. Gary supposed that Pikachu must be in there somewhere and he knew how to control his natural gifts. Perhaps Bolt could tutor Ash enough that Pikachu could channel the power. Misty was soon set aside with Mist. The vaporeon got to work immediately proving to be just as brisk and bossy as her mistress.

<All right. Mark, Gary. I'll be instructing you in swordplay. First I want you guys to do these basic strokes.> Aoshi held a light, practice sword made of wood. He made a few simple passes then let the point fall.

"All righty then!" Mark grinned. He grasped the hilt of his broadsword in both hands and swung. His momentum carried him in a full circle. With a yelp he tangled his legs and fell backwards on his rump. Sheepishly he picked himself up flashing an apologetic smile towards their teacher.

Gary cautiously swung on of his light sabers. The thin blades whipped through the air easily and he imitated Aoshi's passes. The motions felt odd and he was not nearly so polished as the mewtru.

Evidently Mark had gotten hold of his sword because Aoshi stopped them. He showed them several different strokes explaining what each was used for. Gary felt his head spin at the overload of information, but surprisingly he kept up physically quite well. When they paused for a break his wrists and shoulders started complaining loudly. His muscles felt weak as water and moving them was a huge effort. Obviously, Mark was also suffering. He fidgeted and moaned all the while scarfing down a delicious cold snack.

Too soon the break was over and Aoshi called them over. Misty, done with her elemental power lessons joined them. <A bit achy boys?> Aoshi taunted in good humor. He seemed just as fresh as when they started the torturous practice.

"A bit." Mark groaned flat on his back.

Gary, a little more reserved about his shortcomings, nodded.

Aoshi nodded, <And you Misty?>

"I'm fine." She replied happily. Gary reflected that blending with a true water pokemon wasn't such a bad thing. It seemed to have cooled her temper a bit and mellowed her out.

<Good. Okay, break is over. Boys come here for a moment.> Gary made his way over to the mewtru wondering what he wanted. When his hands started glowing Mark backed off. <Do not worry. I simply wish to alleviate your aches so that you may continue.>

Dubiously Gary walked over. Umbreon sat where he left her obviously unconcerned. He took a little solace in that and stood stone still as the psychic energy washed over him. It tingled pleasantly and he could feel his muscles cooling. When Aoshi was finished all that remained was dull throb. Not even noticeable for the most part.

Aoshi finished up Mark and beckoned. He left the boys to continue with the drills he taught and took Misty aside. He showed her how to swing the mace so that it didn't hit her. It was a large one that required two hands, but that didn't stop Misty. She grabbed it and swung it almost as well as Aoshi. He smiled and remarked that she was a natural.

"Yipes!" Mark yelped from beside Gary. He was rubbing his shin and glaring reproachfully.

Gary looked down to see the flat of his blade facing the other boy. It was easy to guess what had happened. He moved away a few paces and muttered a quick apology.

He wondered and marveled at Aoshi's skills. For such a peaceful, not to mention physically inferior, species both the young mewtru and Siyamak were quite warlike. They didn't fit. Although Gary had only met the blind priestess Kercha and the old mewtru he had seen the other villagers. They wandered around doing day-to-day tasks.

As if summoned by thought the old mewtru appeared behind Gary. Since his feet never touched the ground he made little noise as he approached. Only Umbreon's timely warning saved Gary from jumping out of his skin.

<You aren't putting effort into your swings young man.> The old one chided. Normally Gary would have a smart remark to fire back, May always informed him that he was rude when he did that, but this time he was blank. <You worry about things that don't concern you, yes? You could ask Aoshi. My grandson is quite open about his feelings and opinions. Or you could ask Siyamak on your journey. He is very reserved now, but once he gets to trusting you he may reveal his past.>

Gary glared. Had the old mewtru been searching his thoughts?

<No, that would be impolite. However, if you think them so loud that I can hear. That's different.>

Can you tell me? Gary thought towards to old man. He glanced over at Mark and Misty. Aoshi had them sparring against each other giving advice on how to par and parry against such a drastically different weapon.

<I can. A bit. The rest is not mine to tell.>

There was silence and Gary sat down laying his heavy sword to the side. Aoshi must know what was going out because he never interrupted and didn't allow his other two pupils to either.

Why are they so different?

<Ah, that's simple. My son, Siyamak, had an unfortunate childhood. When he was almost an adolescent he was the strongest psychic among us. A cheerful and willing young man he would play with the children or talk with the elderly. He never begrudged getting the heavy chores because only he could complete them singularly. The some humans came. They wore black outfits with blaring red Rs on their chests. They had some sort of device that nullified our powers leaving us helpless. Most fled, but Siyamak's mother, my wife, was captured. She was ill and weak, an easy mark for those humans. A few others were taken, but most of us hid in Mew's cave. It was a true sanctuary where only those with good intentions may enter. The man soon gave up trying get in and left. Not before smashing our houses and ruining our summer crops.>

Gary felt a rage building. Team Rocket, he spat, Don't judge all of us by those standards.

<You sound hateful. Have you also lost a family member to them?> The old mewtru didn't sound curious, merely matter of fact.

My father. Gary admitted.

<There is little reason to hate. All it does is hurt you.> The mewtru remarked wisely, <Siyamak cannot stop hating either. That's why he has become strong in the ways of humans. So if they ever returned he could deal with them, not cower in a cave. His son, Aoshi, has taken up his ways although he does not harbor a deep hatred as his father does.>

So what happened to those mewtru that were caught? I've never seen or heard of them before.

<They committed to Kamatchi.> Before Gary could ask what that was, <Suicide. Our lives are here where we are free to serve our ancestor Mew. Anywhere else would be meaningless. That, in another regard, sets my son apart. That is why he wishes to accompany you, to find these humans.>

Gary was silent. He hid his thoughts as deep as he could. The old one, sensing his need to be alone wandered over to his grandson.

Are we doing the right thing here? Gary wondered. When humans visited before they stole them from their homes. Are we stealing Siyamak? Should we refuse the quest? Things he would've never even considered before suddenly troubled Gary. It was unsettling to say the least.

Picking up his sword he trudged over to continue his lessons.

Author's note: A bit of a differnt POV. Darn, missed RK today. I was livid. My bro filled me in, when I bribed him, but it's not the same :(

27th June 2003, 10:13 AM
:D I like their reactions.

I like Gary.

I like Mark.

^________^ I like RK....but the manga is way better than the anime IMHO.