PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Now that Summer's around the corner...

MadFearow
18th May 2003, 01:37 AM
What do you usually do during summer vacation? What are you going to do this year?

Up until I was about 13 I went to summer camp. I don't know why I wanted to go (I was never the sports guy), but I guess it was so I can hang out with other kids. I loved swimming at the beach. Sometimes we would go to the water slides or go roller skating. Now that I am too old for summer camp I can't help but stay on the computer. Sometimes my parents would take me on trips to places such as Las Vegas. But this year it will be different. I have pledged to go to the beach more often and spend less time on the computer. I will try volunteering, going to summer school, or taking a job. I will also have martial arts classes.

Jay
18th May 2003, 05:19 AM
Well it's nearly Winter here, so I'll just assume it's the same poll for me but the Winter holidays, okay? 8)

In general I just stay home - How exciting. Sometimes we head up towards the top end of our state and holiday... but that's during Summer. It's always hot up there, which is ... well I like the cold better, so you decide. It's better to go there during the Summer than the Winter for some reason. During the Winter holidays, we've never really done anything or gone anywhere, because it's too cold to be holidaying. Go figure.

So what i'm basically saying is I don't think I've done anything on the holidays except travel south for a few days :yes:

Crystal Mew
18th May 2003, 09:29 AM
Yay....4 more days :>

anyways, my b-day is in summer, so thats cool :D then right after is camp....which I'm not going to this year. But other than that, I rider my bike in the mornings, or watch tv, or come online....thats pretty much all I do. Then talk to my friends on the phone, or AIM.

by the end of the summer I kinda want to go back to school cause its so boring :o lol but right now, I cant wait till summer :)

Lady Vulpix
18th May 2003, 10:26 AM
Right, around the corner... Around the opposite corner of the world is more like it!
I usually WRITE as much as I can, catch up with the things I haven't been able to do because of university, and spend some days elsewhere. Last time I went to Salta, in the north of Argentina. I have no idea what I'll be doing next Summer, but I hope that my grandma remembers she has offered to take me to Australia, and that she has enough money to do it. I've wanted to see that country for many years, and now that I have friends over there it would be great to meet them.

DarkTemplarZ
18th May 2003, 12:13 PM
Around the corner? Bah, 1 month and 1 day to go... that's like forever!

Going to summer camps, play basketball, hang out with friends, play video games, go on vacation, ect. On the first day of summer me and some other people are planning to go to Mountain Creek(an awesome water park here in Jersey). Can't wait...

Little_Pikachu
18th May 2003, 12:27 PM
I pretty much do the same stuff I do any other day, hang out with friends, go to the pub... Why should one month be different from all the others?

MarshmallowEgg
18th May 2003, 12:30 PM
Eh, not a whole lot. I mostly just hang out with friends, work on fanfics, play video games, surf the net, everything I do duning the school year minus the homework :D

The_Missing_Link
18th May 2003, 12:57 PM
Up until now, I've been to camp since I was 4. Now I'm not going anymore so I don't know what to do. My parents are going to make me spend all my time outside so I don't know what that's going to do for my online life. I just hope I won't have to get a summer job this year. I don't think I'm ready for one :\

Zak
18th May 2003, 01:21 PM
Well, I wanted to go to Israel, but it's too late for that =/ and I can't go to China again, because of the whole SARS issue... and we were gonna go on a cross-country trip, but I don't think that'll work out... I'll probably just be here and enjoy my net life... maybe if I have enough time on my hands (which I most likely will), I'll arrange to meet a few TPMers who live in my area.... yep, I have no life XD

~Zak

MadFearow
18th May 2003, 01:43 PM
Oh, I forgot about you southern hemisphere people. So sorry. The earth's tilt is a very strange thing, isn't it? :confused:

Summer's never boring to me; I actually don't like being at school, and I dread that time during the last few weeks of August when school's around the corner. :(

Yes, SARS sucks. It's hurting tourism a lot right now. :(

Fett One
18th May 2003, 02:53 PM
I'm trying to get a summer job. I'm also taking 2 summer courses for college. My first class starts tomorrow and the second one starts in July.

Chibi_Sugar
18th May 2003, 05:13 PM
I usually sat outside and turned a nice crispy golden brown before I went back to school :P But this year, I'm going to Virginia for a week to get crispy and then Arizona the rest of the summer to get really crispy o.o

Deus Mortuorum
18th May 2003, 08:15 PM
On July 8th I'm off to the Summer Sanitarium tour...Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Mudvayne and Deftones. I'm just going for Metallica, and so I can make fun of all the Linkin Park wannabe metalheads XP

And the rest will hopefully spent learning how to play the guitar...

Neoleonightz
19th May 2003, 11:25 AM
During summer vacation I usually just relax and play basketball most of the time. Other than that I go camping, go on vacations, go to the beach alot, and basicly have fun!

Silver Ledian
19th May 2003, 03:20 PM
Hey there,

In more recent years my family have actually went away on holidays and it ends up being good all the time.

This Summer we plan on going to a place called Bundoran in Co. Donegal, Ireland. There's a little holiday village there so we're staying there for a week and I think it has amusement arcades and sports like tennis, mini golf etc. It should be a lot of fun! :yes:

Other than my actual holidays though, I just plan on resting for the rest of the summer. I'll be getting into the habit of coming onto TPM a lot again because my G.C.S.E's will be over and I'd like to write a trainer fic for my own enjoyment and making a little geocities website also (but I probably won't get to do those 2 things, I'll get bored). :)

Offline, the rest of the holidays will be spent going out with my friends some days and staying up late every night, lol.

- Silver Ledian (Eamon)

UmbreonCurse
19th May 2003, 05:16 PM
Normally I laze around and watch TV, play video games, visit my friends, that kind of stuff. And also I go to the park (if you take a sketchbook, a notebook, a walkman, and a nice quiet and high spot it's a GREAT place to write and draw. Or meditate), pool, stuff like that. Every summer I also spend neerly two days with my bestist fiend, for her b-day. I come ober at like noon, sleep over and stay untill six PM. Tis lots 'o fun. Or we go on vacation, usually to Georgia to visit my Grandmother, usually it's a car trip (that only takes a day, if we leave at four AM we can be there at 10 PM)

This year I have to go to summer school again, because I slacked off in History class. But I'm not that bummed out about it, I went last year for math also, and it wasn't bad at all. In fact I kinda LIKED it. It's only half a day for about a month, not as many people are there, and there's a 25 minuite break so I can sit on a bench and read and have a snack in a nice and peaceull spot and by the time I get home, all the good TV is on. If only regular skool was like that ^_^

woz
19th May 2003, 06:39 PM
sleep, eat, computer, repeat.

AntiAsh Superstar
20th May 2003, 04:50 PM
Hmm, my usual plan would be to sit around, get exceptionally bored and drink a ridiculous amount. However, this summer I can see myself doing an awful lot of running back and forth across the country - whoever thought it'd be a good idea to put Wilmslow and Bognor so far apart must DIE!!! - and trying to put various schemey schemes into place that will make post-summer a lot more enjoyable for everybody. Well, it's one hell of a lot better than wasting my time like I'd normally do. :)

Kirei
20th May 2003, 05:01 PM
Unsurprisingly, my plans are pretty much the same as Ade's - lots of travelling between both our families for the whole summer. And nagging Ade to sort out his schemey schemes! And probably drinking, going out and having fun I hope!