PDA

View Full Version : Which movie do you like the best?

WebmasterLapras
18th May 2003, 09:37 AM
Of the 5 Pokemon Movies that have been in theaters in America so far (so that excludes Mewtwo Returns) which is your favorite.

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 09:46 AM
The movies after Pokemon: The Movie 2000 might have been better, but nothing nothing is a thriller like the one I just mentioned. Seeing, four legendaries in one film, including two new Pokemon, Slowking and Lugia, is just great.

I wish we had more movies like this.

WebmasterLapras
18th May 2003, 12:14 PM
I agree that Pokemon 2000 is one of the best. The only reason I have greater respect for the 5th movie is probably because I don't think that Misty will be in the next so it's interesting to see if there any clueses to this.

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by WebmasterLapras
I agree that Pokemon 2000 is one of the best. The only reason I have greater respect for the 5th movie is probably because I don't think that Misty will be in the next so it's interesting to see if there any clueses to this.

From what I remember of the Japanese version there wasn't any clues to anyone leaving.

However, I'm not sure if this occured in the dub or not.

GoldenDragonite
18th May 2003, 04:59 PM
Definately the 2nd movie. Lugia is one of my favorite pokemon, the art and animation in this movie were awesome.. and the american's had an awesome score (can you say "Legend comes to life" ?) That is the prettiest song I have ever heard.

PercyPichu24
18th May 2003, 09:29 PM
Ive only seen the first three, but i personally liked the second one the best "pokemon 2ooo", i thought Spell Unknown was sort of boring..and i have to see the fourth and the fifth yet

Hanada Tattsu
18th May 2003, 11:17 PM
After I saw the dub of the fifth movie again, I must say that this movie comes in a second place for me, I loved the dub of it!

UmbreonCurse
19th May 2003, 07:33 AM
Pokemon the 1st movie will always be my favorite. The 2nd was awesome too it comes in at a close second, the third I have to see again, and the 4th....just kinda diasapointed me (though the suprise ending was good)... I haven't seen the 5th yet.
the first was dark, adventerous, lots 'o action, some humor, and the scone rocks so, so much. Maybe I'm one for dark-ish movie..I dunno.

Light_Togetic
19th May 2003, 10:44 AM
Well, I haven't seen Pokemon Heroes yet, so I'll say Pokemon 2000. They really hyped up this movie, and for good reason too. I loved the story, the new pokemon, and the soundtrack (yeah, I like pop music.... ). Even the cheezy background music was pretty good. Like GoldenDragonite said, the Legend Comes to Life is an awesome score. I also liked Pokemon the First Movie, and Pokemon 4Ever. The thrid was... well, kinda weird, and had the Pikachu short had the Pichu Brothers in it. I'm not a big fan of the Pichu brothers; they kinda get on my nerves.:rolleyes:

Entropy
19th May 2003, 06:00 PM
By far, the 2nd movie, even though I never saw it in theatres...

I own it on DVD, and the bad cropping gets to me enough, trying to ignore everything else 4Kids did...

I plan to get the Japanese version soon enough...by the means by my birthday! :P I can't wait!!

Hanada Tattsu
19th May 2003, 06:36 PM
The third movie was freaky. It was loose, the plot was hard to decipher, and it was just plain freaky.

I hated it, seeing Entei was cool, but everything else was freaky.

Bacl
19th May 2003, 07:46 PM
Pokemon 4ever is by far the best (I admit I have not seen the 5th yet, but I doubt it can surpase Pokemon 4ever). Why?

The top ten reason Pokemon 4ever is the best Pokemon movie:

#10 - When the movie ends everyone still has a memory of what happened.

#9 - The main villain, The Masked Maruader, is a member of Team Rocket!

#8 - Professor Oak is one of the main characters in this film, and he even gets some good screen time as an his present day old man (more so in the English version).

#7 - While this movie contained what seems to be a cinematic tradition of showing large groups of wild Pokemon (perhaps so that the hundreds of Pokemon characters can be taken advatage of) it was smart to only select ones that would appear in the forest. In other words we didn't see a Machamp and a Magnaton in those background shots.

#6 - To my knowledge, those annoying Pikachu shorts that begin all prior movies were absent from this one (if they were shown then by good fortune it wasn't shown when I saw it. As much as I love Pikachu's-Happy-Go-Fun-Fun or whatever the heck it was gonna be this time, I'm glad I missed it)

#5 - The movie begins with a wonderful introduction to the world of Pokemon by Brock. This introduction not only captures the magic of Pokemon by talking about dreams and journeys, but also shows us clips from the beggining of Ash's Pokemon adventure.

#4 - Team Rocket! Jessie, James & Meowth, who in all prior movies had no role whatsoever (the possible exception being the second film) actually take part in this one. The say the motto in full and help the Masked Maruader if only for a short scene. We even get to see James' Wheezing come out of its Pokeball. A rare treat for Pokemon movies. Too bad Arbok and Victreebell couldn't have shown up, but still...

#3 - Pokemon battles! Despite most movies bizarre desire to depart from the concept of Pokemon battles (except a quick one during the opening credits perhaps) this film actually had a couple battles. Ash and Sammy battle against the Masked Marauder 2v2, and later when he brings out his Tyranitar Brock battles it with Onix! Hooray! (I love Brock and Onix). Do you think Oak still has his Charmeleon? Probobly a Charizard by now. Where do you think he gets all those Charmander babies to give to new trainers? ;)

#2 - Ash wasn't out to save the world, just the forest. It's silly to think that an average trainer like Ash would save the world from an unstopable force every single movie. I more like that Ash and his friends met a new friend, Sammy, and had to help save Celebii and the forest from a nasty member of Team Rocket.

#1 - Pokemon powers were kept in check. I couldn't stand it in the other movies how the legendaries who were under the films spotlight had God-like powers. I know Mewtwo is powerful, and i know he is Psychic, but it ain't a God and a Wobbuffet could take it down with DESTINY BOND if it had to. Same goes for Lugia (who could probobly stop Mewtwo dead in its tracks) and I've caught Unown of my own and they sure as heck can't create an Entai out of a little girls imagination. The Pokemon which were caught in dark balls has max stats, fine. But that Tyranitar still couldn't shake off Brock's Onix and Celebii was far from invincible.

'Nuff sauid.

Nace
20th May 2003, 03:24 AM
I've only seen the first 3 movies because I live in Australia (an often neglected country video game and anime-wise) but out of the 3 I've seen I liked pokemon 3 because of the lack of a moral and speeches about friendship and such. I would have voted for Mewtwo Returns if that had been an option on the poll though.

ILikePokemonP
20th May 2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Bacl

#5 - The movie begins with a wonderful introduction to the world of Pokemon by Brock. This introduction not only captures the magic of Pokemon by talking about dreams and journeys, but also shows us clips from the beggining of Ash's Pokemon adventure.It's so old though, there was a web link with the first movie soundtrack. They could've used a better intro than a 3 minute clip made 5 years ago.

I've seen the first four movies and nothing stands out really. They're all good but I don't have a favourite.

Pichu
20th May 2003, 01:46 PM
I didn't vote. :( because....

I haven't seen the 5th movie yet...I'll catch it on DVD

1) Anyway, IMO...so far, the most unique, most enjoyable movie was pokémon 2000.

2) pokémon4ever was okay, but if you seen "princess monoke" and "spirited away", you'll see what I mean ... such that pokémon copied miyazaki's works :mad:

3) pokémon, first movie was the 3rd best, but since it was a pokémon battle, therefore, it was boring.

4) pokémon 3 was the worst... I can't help hating that one. ><

This is my ranking for now... that is, until I watch pokémon heroes on DVD...

tenchi
20th May 2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
The third movie was freaky. It was loose, the plot was hard to decipher, and it was just plain freaky.

I hated it, seeing Entei was cool, but everything else was freaky. and it was not Entei it was the Unowns
pokemon 2000 was the bast! and pokemon 4 hade a good soundtrack for Celebi h.bell that was so cool and i hate Celebi?

see not the 5 pokemon move have to wath till it come to the $1.75 theatre like i did for the 4 move did not see pokemon
the 3 move in theatres so i got it wane it come on dvd.
and now i'm have it and I can't help hating that one o it was so bad

UmbreonCurse
20th May 2003, 07:15 PM
2) pokémon4ever was okay, but if you seen "princess mononoke" and "spirited away", you'll see what I mean ... such that pokémon copied miyazaki's works :mad:
[/B]
Thank god, I thought I was the only one who noticed this..I was afraid I was turnining into a nitpicker. Especilly the whole "spiritof the forest thing"...WAY to similar to the forest spirit from Mononoke for my taste..

MatthewKetchum037
20th May 2003, 09:13 PM
I have to say it's a tie between movies 3 and four. I sure my opinion will change after I see "Heroes", but I like three and four because they have far better action in them.

Although no disrespect to Lugia in number two. He is by far my favorite legendary,but they could have done so much more actionwise in "2000".

Hanada Tattsu
20th May 2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by tenchi
and it was not Entei it was the Unowns
pokemon 2000 was the bast! and pokemon 4 hade a good soundtrack for Celebi h.bell that was so cool and i hate Celebi?

see not the 5 pokemon move have to wath till it come to the $1.75 theatre like i did for the 4 move did not see pokemon
the 3 move in theatres so i got it wane it come on dvd.
and now i'm have it and I can't help hating that one o it was so bad

Actually, dude, both Entei and Unown were in the third movie.

BenRG
21st May 2003, 03:50 AM
I like the movies in an inverted order to their release. 'The Spell of the Unown' comes first for me, then 'The Power of the One' and bottom comes 'Mewtwo Strikes Back'. 'The Spell of the Unown' has everything that a sci-fi freak like me will want: Damsels in distress, warping of reality, god-like aliens and a knock-down, drag-out fight with dragons at the climax. :D

I haven't seen either the fourth or fifth movie thus far. Given that there is no indication that Miramax ever intends to release them for the UK market, I probably never will. :(

Hanada Tattsu
21st May 2003, 09:12 AM
Ben, I'm sure if you saw either the fourth or fifth movie, you will change your mind. Both those movies are excellent, but then again I dunno how much you like the third movie.

tenchi
21st May 2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Actually, dude, both Entei and Unown were in the third movie.

no no ok if you saw the 3 move you will know that the Entei
was not the real one it was a projection by the Unown.

Hanada Tattsu
21st May 2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by tenchi
no no ok if you saw the 3 move you will know that the Entei
was not the real one it was a projection by the Unown.

I know, I've seen it. But still Entei techincally did make an appearnece.

Nace
21st May 2003, 08:11 PM
I'll never forget that immortal line: "you are- MOMMA!"

Hanada Tattsu
21st May 2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Nace
I'll never forget that immortal line: "you are- MOMMA!"

LOL, that movie was just wierd. Entei kindapped poor Delia, I feel bad for her, LOL.

Shigeru_Soul
22nd May 2003, 10:08 AM
Pokemon 2000 was the best, in my opinion. The story plot was really cool, and Lugia is one of my favorite pokemon^^

Legends-Kuja
22nd May 2003, 05:04 PM
Mewtwo Strikes back: Pisspoor, the clone battles were SO DAMN STUPID. Not to mention the less than stellar plot...

Pokemon 2000: Geralden Lawrence III is cool. Lugia is cool. FOUR legendaries is cool. But that's all it's got. Plot is mediocre. Better than the first.

Pokemon 3: Before 5 came out, I said this was the best-- the freaky FF9 like staircases, A PLOT, and DAMSEL-IN-DISTRESS made this one the magic number.

Pokemon 4ever: Irritating. Why? Four words: "Tyranitar, Hyper Beam ATTACK!"

Pokmeon Heroes: Ain't seen the Dub, but THIS ONE IS KING. Annie and Oakley put any other villain to shame, and they're sexy to boot. The plot and fiendish chase scences own, although I hate there's a lack of battles.

My vote went to Heroes.

*Thinks about Sonic Heroes and Pokmeon Heroes* ahh.... Heroes...

Hanada Tattsu
22nd May 2003, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I agree, Pokemon Heroes is a bit dry on the battle side, but I don't exactly admire battles a lot, so I guess it was better than nothing.