PDA

View Full Version : ... But if?

SageofDarkness
16th December 2002, 12:56 PM
There has been a lot of controversy about whether the old Poké were in R/S and I think someone on this board knows the truth o_o
I just think why do they have the sprites? Do trainers have things like Charizard etc. Is that why they have the sprites?
Please help me?!

XF Legendz
16th December 2002, 01:09 PM
They are programmed into the game but are not accessible as of now. They definitely will be eventually one way or another.

Chrisodeo
16th December 2002, 05:47 PM
Or not. We now know that Suicune has been given away at an event in Japan, but as to a confirmed way of catching them in the wild, I doubt it. RuSa is like the RBY of the Advance. You can't catch anything but what's in it.

Latios24
16th December 2002, 06:39 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there for a minute. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. If Nintendo did make all those sprites and made only a few accessible, they can expect a dramatic drop in sales for the next Pokemon game. And I don't think they're that dumb when it comes to making money.

Nodoka
16th December 2002, 07:03 PM
There is no way to reach the old lands or have any access to the old world or Pokemon at this moment. However there will be events in the future which may unlock such information.

Scythemantis
16th December 2002, 08:25 PM
If you realized how difficult it is to create sprites that good pixel by pixel, and how much programming goes into every pokemon, you would know there is NO way nintendo would bother if they werent going to make them readily available to whoever wanted them.

Don't Run With Scizors
16th December 2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Latios24
Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there for a minute. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. If Nintendo did make all those sprites and made only a few accessible, they can expect a dramatic drop in sales for the next Pokemon game. And I don't think they're that dumb when it comes to making money.

The statistics showing the millions they're making off of RS say otherwise.

Oddish17
16th December 2002, 09:43 PM
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire have sold over 2 million copies in Japan so far.

Whether the old pokes are there or not, apparently doesn't matter.

Latios24
16th December 2002, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Oddish17

Whether the old pokes are there or not, apparently doesn't matter.

Well, that didn't effect the sales of Ruby and Sapphire because Nintendo has not confirmed that the old pokemon were not usuable in Ruby and Sapphire. Many people still have hope that something will happen......

Vex 47
17th December 2002, 12:04 AM

Well, since they have made over 2 million dollars without the old Poke's don't you think that Nintendo would want to make even more millions by making the old ones accessible.

Nodoka
17th December 2002, 05:11 AM
I believe you are all mistaken. Ruby and Sapphire sold about half a million copies on the first day, for a total of almost a million. Add that in addition to the two million preorders, and you have alot of happy gamers.

SageofDarkness
17th December 2002, 05:28 AM
But isn't it likely that you will be able to trade old Poké from a more updated version like Crystal, as this was made proabably with Ru/Sa in mind, that would not only promote sales of R/S but also Crystal for anyone that wants to access the old Poké?

Nodoka
17th December 2002, 06:17 AM
Trading does not exist between Ruby and Sapphire and any older version. One can only expect to see Pokemon given away as prizes, or more areas unlocked with some sort of Pokemon Stadium for Gamecube.

SageofDarkness
17th December 2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Nodoka
Trading does not exist between Ruby and Sapphire and any older version. One can only expect to see Pokemon given away as prizes, or more areas unlocked with some sort of Pokemon Stadium for Gamecube.

..Oh, okay, thanx
*cries*

ace
17th December 2002, 11:25 AM
Iv'e got several theories to the missing old pokes:

1.There may be a way to unlock them with a couple of GBA's and an e-reader and some TCG E-cards.

2.The special edition (Topaz,Emerald etc)may have the old pokemon for tradeback,or may have the old areas,so that you can only get to J/K when you truly complete Ru/Sa(Houen)

3.A future pokemon game featuring new pokes may have pokemon from 1-251,and 387-487(old dex),but not 252-386,so that each game has something missing,so that R/S players can trade with the new game to get old pokes from GSC,and the new game players can trade back for the R/S pokes,so thoise pokes are compatible,and certain games have exclusive pokes.

4.They thought that the new land/new poke,on adding onto the old land/old pokemon was getting repetitive,so they left them out.

5.A pokemon title for Gamecube will trade them back to your GBA in return for completing certain bits of that gamecube game.

6.They wanted to make seperate series' for GBC and GBA,so R/S is the first in the GBA series(not the sequel to RBY or GSC),witch is behind the GBC series,so the next Pokemon game shall be on GBA,making the running 2-2 in games for each console,then a sequel to GSC will be made on GBC,then a sequel to R/S's sequel and so on,taking in turns.

well,you don't have to agree,that is just my opinion.

XF Legendz
17th December 2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Chrisodeo
Or not. We now know that Suicune has been given away at an event in Japan, but as to a confirmed way of catching them in the wild, I doubt it. RuSa is like the RBY of the Advance. You can't catch anything but what's in it.

Never said anything about catching them in the wild.

rinku
17th December 2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by ace
3.A future pokemon game featuring new pokes may have pokemon from 1-251,and 387-487(old dex),but not 252-386,so that each game has something missing,so that R/S players can trade with the new game to get old pokes from GSC,and the new game players can trade back for the R/S pokes,so thoise pokes are compatible,and certain games have exclusive pokes.

That's basically my guess. They've switched from the old design style of add-ons to one with some forward planning. If you look at the Kanto/Johto map you'll see it is basically the northeast coast of Japan, with just the tip of the island of Shikoku showing in Johto. Houen is clearly Kyushu, the main southern island, so there is still a large chunk of pseudo-geography missing between Houen and the old areas, not to mention the north coast and snowy Hokkaido.

My guess will be that the next *set* of carts, or the mythical GameCube release will deal with Shikoku and southeastern Honshu - though a GC game would have the storage to deal with a whole lot more!

The Rusted One
18th December 2002, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by ace
Iv'e got several theories to the missing old pokes:

1.There may be a way to unlock them with a couple of GBA's and an e-reader and some TCG E-cards.

2.The special edition (Topaz,Emerald etc)may have the old pokemon for tradeback,or may have the old areas,so that you can only get to J/K when you truly complete Ru/Sa(Houen)

4.They thought that the new land/new poke,on adding onto the old land/old pokemon was getting repetitive,so they left them out.

5.A pokemon title for Gamecube will trade them back to your GBA in return for completing certain bits of that gamecube game.

6.They wanted to make seperate series' for GBC and GBA,so R/S is the first in the GBA series(not the sequel to RBY or GSC),witch is behind the GBC series,so the next Pokemon game shall be on GBA,making the running 2-2 in games for each console,then a sequel to GSC will be made on GBC,then a sequel to R/S's sequel and so on,taking in turns.

well,you don't have to agree,that is just my opinion.

First of all, I'd like to know where you got your "487" figure from, and secondly, how can something get repetitive if it's only happened once? It's like saying, "well, I passed my test once, I should fail next time, you know, shake it up a little".
Also, if they wanted to make separate series for both consoles, why bother adding any old pokemon at all? Isn't that still forming a (loose, perhaps) connection?
And I have thought of something else - why would they only make R/S totally separate from the previous games (based on console, as you say)? I mean, G/S/C was designed for GBC (though they could be played, with a loss of quality of graphics, on the GB) - and they didn't make that totally isolated from R/B/Y. So I don't really think that theory would be the case. It could be, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

ostrigal
18th December 2002, 10:23 AM
Join me, won't you? Join me in peace of mind. Have faith... the 'missing' pokemon will be available at some point in the future.

Think this: It's not a matter of 'if', but rather when and how.

Take it on faith... or on mountain of evidence cited in the previous posts that points to that inevitability.

ace
18th December 2002, 12:10 PM
Well,

1.The GB and GBC are pretty much the same console,but one is in colour,and one is not, but GBA is a whole new 32-bit console,far advancing on the old one.

2.If R/S did not have some old pokes (like Pikachu),then it just wouldn't be pokemon,because,if you haven't noticed,nearly everything pokemon has pikachu in there somewhere.

3.487 should be 486(typing error),and because there would be around 100 new pokes.

Still,just theories,guesses.

The Rusted One
18th December 2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ace
Well,

1.The GB and GBC are pretty much the same console,but one is in colour,and one is not, but GBA is a whole new 32-bit console,far advancing on the old one.

2.If R/S did not have some old pokes (like Pikachu),then it just wouldn't be pokemon,because,if you haven't noticed,nearly everything pokemon has pikachu in there somewhere.

3.487 should be 486(typing error),and because there would be around 100 new pokes.

Still,just theories,guesses.

Except that the GBA can still play GBC games. Doesn't matter if it's a totally new console - if a new console means a new start, then the GBC games whould not have been linkable to GB games.

Pikachu = ultimate over-used and cliched marketting gimmick. They should not use Pikachu so much. But then, if they don't, well, they go and invent another little group of mice. Marill and Purasuru and Mainan are supposed to be "lesser" Pikachus, designed to encourage the seven year old fans of Pikachu to go and get the game and not have a clue what to do in it. It's all about profits.

Doesn't matter if it was a typo or not - you have no evidence as to what number id next going to be introduced. It was 150 then 100 then 135. Pattern? Not really. But perhaps it will be 100 if they decide to have the next games, if there are any, and it would be stupid of Nintendo to sacrifice that much money (for that is all they're interested in, remember), include all the pokemon. However, if they only include a select few (and hopefully Nintendo will realise that excluding a lot of pokemon is not nice or good), then they will have a more obscure number to replace all those missing.