PDA

View Full Version : IceMan vs. Syberia

IceMan
18th May 2003, 04:49 PM
What way to kick off a return than with a nice 1-On-1 Battle...

Rules
1 On 1
4 Day DQ
I Choose First
You Attack First
Arena - Chosen by Referee
Referee Needed

As for my first battle, I shall choose my one and only starting Pokemon Hurricane, my Ditto.

* A Pokeball, decorated with the Green Lantern symbol, is thrown into the mysterious arena. The Pokeball hits the ground and a green Ditto materializes *

Who's up for the task?

Syberia
18th May 2003, 05:06 PM
Looks like I'm up for the task, actually.

Styx: Me too ;)

I don't doubt that, but I'm still not letting you battle. Instead, I think I'll give Kenobi (male Kadabra) another chance to evolve.

Your opponent is tricky, but I'm confident you can pull this off. Take advantage of the fact that he has to transform first before he can actually do anything, and hit him with a Thunder Wave while he does this. Then, I want you to set up a mid-sized Substitute and finally blast him with a Shadow Ball. If for some reason he hasn't transformed yet, though, take this time to Seismic Toss his pink, rubbery form instead.

Thunder Wave~Substitute~Shadow Ball/Seismic Toss

IceMan
18th May 2003, 05:27 PM
Oooh, I get a very well-respected member of the ASB community, talk about not warming up.

Okay, [color=green]Hurricane[/green], let's get the party started. Since you are pretty screwed with the Thunderwave, take this time to Transform into Kadabra. This is gonna be tricky though, but try and fight through the paralysis to blast the substitute down with a Shadow Ball. Once he tries to use Shadow Ball, use Reflect to stop it.

Transform - Shadow Ball - Reflect

Referee still needed, and BTW, Syberia, Good luck :)

SneaselReborned
18th May 2003, 08:48 PM
I will ref just give me some time to type it up, k.

SneaselReborned
18th May 2003, 09:21 PM
You will be battling on...

Rocky Road

A very craggy, controlled environment, with lots of rocks and a very fissurey surface. Random erosion and explosion and earth core stuff can happen, causing some damage. The entire arena is controlled by a forcefield, which stops the use of attacks that require flying up high. However, there is ample room for flyers.

Another thing is that if you hit the forcefield, no matter what, you will take damage and instantly stand back up in a condition that you can fight. Basically, the forcefield heals some tiredness and hurt and stuff but physically damages the person doing it.

Finally, there is a good-sized lake in the middle of the arena, and swimming in it restores energy to a certain extent. Now, of course, there is a problem. If you stay in the lake too long, your pokemon will suffer from evil symptoms, like skipping attacks, disobeying trainer, and flat out going crazy.

Round One
Ice Man vs. Syberia

Pre-Battle Status
Hurricane (Ditto ?) HP 100% Energy 100% Condition Unknown

Obi Wan (Kadabra M) HP 100% Energy 100% Condition Minty fresh

Arena Status Craggy surface, known for volcanic activity, forcefield environment, controlled environment to some extent

And this battle starts with a returning vet who has swore to win with just a Ditto. And then, a new trainer who has quite evolved pokemon. This is a weird match, seeing as it will be a Mirror Match. Or maybe Ditto will use a signature move. Either way, this fight is bound to be interesting.

Ice Man quickly sends out his trademark Ditto, and Syberia decides to use a Kadabra, who is STILL trying to evolve because he just sucks too badly (yes, I just insulted Kenobi)~_~.

Trainer Issued Commands

Hurricane - Transform ~ Shadow Ball ~ Reflect

Kenobi - Thunder Wave ~ Substitute ~ Shadow Ball/Seismic Toss

BATTLE

The little green blob named Ditto smiles, and suddenly a huge flash erupts from his body. And then, right where Hurricane once stood, a tall, muscular, green? Green kadabra? Wow, this is odd, isn't it? Hurricane laughs at the perplexed look on Kenobi's face, which suddenly turns into a grin. Suddenly, Kenobi's spoon turns yellow, and a huge bolt of electricity flies towards Hurricane. In a second, Hurricane cries out in pain as all its muscles freeze up.

Hurricane gets up slowly, and smirks. Its time to inflict some pain on this stupid Kadabra! Suddenly, a huge orb of dark energy appears in front of Hurricane. Kenobi seems to be preparing for something...more. The huge black orb smashes into Kenobi, who is concentrating, and Kenobi is hurled, and he smashes into the forcefield. Suddenly, as if by magic, Kenobi gets back up and glares at Hurricane. And then, Kenobi's spoon flashes twice, and a huge eruption of light comes from his spoon, and once again, Kenobi stands the same as before...or is he?

Hurricane grins and starts to concentrate. Defense. Defense. Defense. Defense. Its time to defend. Suddenly a huge orb of dark energy is generated near Kenobi. And then, as if by some weird force, there are two Kenobis. One holds a huge ball of dark energy in its hand, and the other just stands there grinning. The large ball of dark energy is hurled at Hurricane, who suddenly erects a barrier of white energy. The dark energy is reflected, and comes flying back at one of the Kenobi's with even more force than it started with. The Kenobi goes flying, and strikes the forcefield, and gets back up again, this time very angrily. The two Kenobi's glare, and they look at the green Kadabra that is their opponent.

Post-Battle Status
Hurricane (Kadabra M) HP 100% Energy 90% Condition Paralyzed, grinning

Obi Wan (Kadabra M) HP 60% (damage caps) Energy 90% Condition Two Kadabras, both look real to Hurricane, angry, Substitute at 100% energy level

Arena Status Craggy surface, known for volcanic activity, forcefield environment, controlled environment to some extent

IceMan
18th May 2003, 09:29 PM
Thanks a lot for reffing, SnesealReborned.

Ok Hurricane, we got a lead and now we just gotta keep it. Start off by spraying Toxic upon Kenobi to give us a consistent advantage per round. Then defend yourself by using Double Team to multiply and surround him. Finally, finish out the round with a mighty Ice Punch if you can shake off the paralysis, if not go back to the old reliable Shadow Ball.

Toxic - Double Team - Ice Punch/Shadow Ball

Syberia
18th May 2003, 11:14 PM
Ouch... lots of damage. Remind me never to use Substitute again when you're reffing, will ya? ^_-

I suppose we'll have to take our chances with the Toxic if we want to get back in the match; just blast Hurricane with a good old Shadow Ball while he does this. Psywave his clones into oblivion as soon as they are created, and when he gets close enough to you for an Ice Punch, beat him back with your best impersonation of Mr. Furious (anyone else remember that movie Mystery Men?) Otherwise, if he tries a Shadow Ball, give him a taste of his own medicine and Reflect it.

Shadow Ball~Psywave~Frustration/Reflect

SneaselReborned
20th May 2003, 09:47 PM
My stupidity ceases to amaze me...

Oh yes, Syberia, you seem to like my new reffing style, no? Substitute was too powerful without this new addition^_^. BTW, the sub is still there, its just there are two "Kenobi"s

Round Two
Syberia vs IceMan

Pre-Battle Status
Hurricane (Kadabra M) HP 100% Energy 90% Condition Paralyzed, grinning

Obi Wan (Kadabra M) HP 60% (damage caps) Energy 90% Condition Two Kadabras, both look real to Hurricane, angry, Substitute at 100% energy level

And so far it looks really bad for Obi Wan, otherwise known as the infamous Kenobi. However, with a body double with a good amount of health to back him up, can Kenobi defeat the Ditto Menace? Dun dun dun! IceManSyberia Wars II!

Dun, dun, dun dun dun daaaa daaa dun dun dun daaaaaa, da, dun dun dun daaaaaaaaaaaa!

Okay, enough of that. Hurricane the Ditto seems very happy with the plight of his transformation buddy, yet Kenobi doesn't like the fact that he has been doubled. Angered by this and the fact that nothing worked well last round. However, this is the next edition of IceManSyberia Wars, so maybe Kenobi can defeat the evil Darth Hurricanus! Dun dun daaaa!

Trainer Issued Commands

Hurricane - Toxic ~ Double Team ~ Ice Punch/Shadow Ball

Kenobi - Shadow Ball ~ Psywave ~ Frustration/Reflect

BATTLE

Hurricane starts off quickly and smiles. His mouth turns into a frown, as he has the trouble bearing toxins of highly dangerous nature. Kenobi smiles. It time for Lady Luck to pay him a visit. Suddenly, a huge orb of pure darkness appears between his outstretched hands. Grinning, he feels the ball feeding off his energy. He looks to his body double, and the same exact thing is happening for him. Hurricane frowns, and spits out a huge glob of toxins. They strikes Kenobi, and sink into his skin. Hehehe. Kenobi grins. The toxins hit the wrong Kenobi! The huge ball of energy between Kenobi's hands is hurled at Hurricane, who has nothing to buffer the hit and flies backwards, hitting the forcefield and getting back up unnaturally. Neither combatants seems to be using the spring in the middle of the arena yet, and that isn't bad, as you must use the spring when you really need it.

Hurricane smiles, and lifts his spoon into the air like some great prize. And then, the spoon glows and Hurricane begins to double. First into two, then three. Three Hurricanes start at Kenobi, who quickly responds by shaking his spoon at Hurricane. Huge purple streaks fly slowly towards all the clones, and as they touch they are obliterated. Hurricane himself is hurt, but stands his ground.

Hurricane tries to shake off his paralysis, but finds it useless. It will surely take awhile longer to shake this off. But then he remembers the backup plan. Suddenly, a huge ball of energy surges in his hands. Grinning, he looks at Kenobi. So helpless, just watching...waiting...hoping to live. Hurricane hurls the orb at Kenobi, who smiles. He flicks his wrist, and a barrier of white light appears in front of his. The orb hits the barrier, and flies back at Hurricane with even more intensity. Hurricane is smashed by the blow, and flies back, smashing into the forceifield with great force and getting up, barely able to stand but still not going near the forcefield.

Post-Battle Status
Hurricane (Kadabra M) HP 60% (damage caps) Energy 82% Condition Paralyzed, hurting

Obi Wan (Kadabra M) HP 60% Energy 83% Condition Two Kadabras, both look real to Hurricane, Substitute at 95% energy level + badly poisoned status

Arena Status Craggy surface, known for volcanic activity, forcefield environment, controlled environment to some extent, Hurricane near forcefield

Gawd, you people with your crazy Shadow Ball reflective skillz and madness damage. Do I have to put (damage caps) after at least one combatant every round~_~?

Syberia
21st May 2003, 09:04 PM
Sorry Sneasel, but when my opponent is trying to kill me, I'm only obligated to do the same to him :p

Kenobi, you came back quite nicely there. Hopefully we can turn this into something more than just one more loss for you. We may be able to gain the advantage now, as long as you can handle a rather confusing set of commands.

Kenobi: Try your worst. The force shall be my guide

o_O Ok... I think I will. I want you to to begin by taking hold of your paralyzed opponent in your Psychic grasp. If there's a convienient lava pool close at hand in this odd concoction of SneaselReborned's that we are using for an arena, by all means, drop him in. If not, just throw him into the forcefield, and try to have him strike the top of the dome as high up as you can. At least he'll have a rather nasty fall onto some sharp rocks to deal with, if nothing else.

Your next commands depend on Hurricane's position. If it's safe for you (that is, if he is on solid ground), I want you to Teleport behind him and deliver a powerful Dynamic Punch to his head. Otherwise, strafe him with a pair of Tri-Attacks if he looks unreachable by other means.

Finally, if he tries another nasty Shadow Ball, Reflect it! Then I suppose you'll have to bump your other commands up one action. Otherwise, if he tries to create any more clones, Psywave them away as before, and again, bump your commands up by one action. Oh, and may the force be with you ^_^

As for the ...concise... summary of those commands, it is as follows.

Psychic/Reflect/Psywave~Teleport/Tri-Attack/Reflect/Psywave/Psychic~Dynamicpunch/Tri-Attack/Psychic/Reflect/Psywave

IceMan
21st May 2003, 09:35 PM
I only have one response to that...what in the blue hell?

As Kenobi attempts to use Psychic, disrupt his concentration with a good ole fashioned Psywave. While he puts up his Reflect shield, use this time to build up some defense with Double Team. Once the barrier dissapears, use Shadow Ball to burst through the psychic waves and damage him.

If he decides to go the high road and teleport, use Double Team once again to confuse him. As he tries for the Dynamic Punch, ground him with Zap Cannon (so it has low accuracy, I like to go in for the kill, sue me). Counter the Tri-Attack with a Reflect and yadda yadda.

If he opts for the third road and puts up a Reflect shield, say screw it and Rest. Use 2 Sleep Attacks if you must.

Psywave - Double Team - Shadow Ball ~ Double Team - Zap Cannon - Reflect ~ Rest - 2x Sleep Attack

SneaselReborned
22nd May 2003, 10:26 PM
Little problem here. Syberia has two conflicting substitutes. Now, seeing that they are both occupying the only move slot available, Kenobi is going to have a serious problem. >_<. That's what you get for gheying up the stuff with ten thousand substitutes...eek.

Round Three
IceManSyberia Wars III

Ice Man vs. Syberia

Pre-Battle Status
Hurricane (Kadabra M) HP 60% (damage caps) Energy 82% Condition Paralyzed, hurting

Obi Wan (Kadabra M) HP 60% Energy 83% Condition Two Kadabras, both look real to Hurricane, Substitute at 95% energy level + badly poisoned status

Arena Status Craggy surface, known for volcanic activity, forcefield environment, controlled environment to some extent, Hurricane near forcefield

Time for quick reffy...sorry really!

Trainer Issued Commands

Kenobi - ??? - ??? - ???

Hurricane - Psywave ~ Double Team ~ Shadow Ball

BATTLE

Kenobi starts out quickly doing...erm...a weird commands. What was it again? He tries to remember through the complex commands, and thinks of one word: Psychic. He focuses, and Hurricane smiles. As he is lifted a little into the air, huge long slashes of purple energy fly towards the concentrating Kadabra, who loses his focus and harmlessly drops Hurricane to the ground.

Kenobi smiles. Its time for the punch of death. Hurricane laughs a little, and looks at Kenobi, expecting every move and knowing how to dodge it. Kenobi suddenly flashes out of view, and appears right next to Hurricane, who suddenly doubles up into 4 Hurricanes. Kenobi is about to punch the enemy Kadabara, but then waits. He drops to the ground and emits sound close range psionic waves. They break up the substitutes, and do minimal damage to Hurricane. Smiling, Hurricane quickly releases a point blank range huge ball of shadow energy. The ball slams into Kenobi, who is hurled towards the forcefield and suddenly pops. Explodes. Disappears. It was the substitute all along! Hurricane frowns, and then sees the real Kenobi laughing. Angrily Hurricane stomps the ground, and Kenobi still laughs.

Post-Battle Status
Hurricane (Kadabra M) HP 60% Energy 76% Condition shook off paralyses, angry

Obi Wan (Kadabra M) HP 60% Energy 74% Condition laughing, substitute destroyed

Arena Status Craggy surface, known for volcanic activity, forcefield environment, controlled environment to some extent, small rupture forming a pool of magma on opposite side of combatants

IceMan
24th May 2003, 09:35 AM
Sorry for the delay...

If Kenobi is close, knock em down with a Dyanmic Punch, if not fire off a Thunderwave to stop him from making him anymore speedy moves. Then use a quick Shadow Ball, followed by a Thunder Punch to end out the round.

Dynamic Punch/Thunderwave - Shadow Ball - Thunder Punch

Syberia
24th May 2003, 02:48 PM
Ice Man: You call that a delay? Actually, this is one of the fastest-going battles I've ever been in ^_^

Alright, Kenobi, I'll try to make your commands this round a little more understandable. No guarantees, though, as they are coming from me and well, being my pokemon, you know how I am. Whether it's a Dynamic Punch or a Thunder Wave he hits you with, they're both bad, and I don't want you hit by either of them. Teleport away from whatever he decides to throw at you, reappear directly behind him, and plant your own Dynamic Punch square in the back of his head.

When he tries his own Thunder Punch, I want you to show him that in order to punch something, you actually have to get close to them. Psychic him and drop him into the lava pool; we don't want that happening. Besides, I think I heard somewhere that living things don't like lava.

Teleport~Dynamic Punch~Psychic

SneaselReborned
25th May 2003, 09:53 PM
Learn some patience IceMan. It will help. Your constant annoyance is ticking me off. It has only been one day. So just STFU. You've caught me in a very bad mood right now.

Round Four
IceManSyberia Wars IV

Pre-Battle Stats
Hurricane (Kadabra M) HP 60% Energy 76% Condition shook off paralyses, angry

Obi Wan (Kadabra M) HP 60% Energy 74% Condition laughing, substitute destroyed

Arena Status Craggy surface, known for volcanic activity, forcefield environment, controlled environment to some extent, small rupture forming a pool of magma on opposite side of combatants

Both combatants are about at the same level of strength, and this battle has been going surprisingly fast. So, it seems that the little green blob turned into a Kadabra, who has become angered while Obi Wan Kenobi the Kadabra is just smiling away, ready to kill.

And then came the shadowballic era. Too much damage caps and reflect and substitutate and crap. Mental note to self: never ref a double Abra line battle~_~. Anyway, here we go with IceManSyberiaWars IV!

Trainer Issued Commands

Kenobi - DynoPort Combo ~ Psychic

Hurricane - Dynopunch/T-Wave ~ Shadow Ball ~ Thunder Punch

BATTLE

Hurricane starts off quickly and looks around, seeing Kenobi right next to him. Smiling, his fist glows reddish, and the star on his forehead turns into a fist. He suddenly jumps towards Kenobi, who smiles and vanishes. Hurricane flows through with his punch, and hits thin air. The momentum of the attack makes him fall to the floor, and Kenobi appears above him. Kenobi's star is also a fist and his hand is glowing red. Kenobi, from the air, lunges down with his fist in a divebombish motion, and he smashes Hurricane into the ground. For a second Hurricane reverts back to the jell-oey substance he once was, and then turns back into a Kadabra. Getting up slowly, he dizzily walks around and fires a small ball of dark energy into the sky, why harmlessly bounces off the forcefield and hits the ground again, doing no harm.

Slowly Hurricane regains composure, and looks around. Kenobi seems to be in some deep concentration with his eyes closed. Hurricane slowly sneaks up to Kenobi, who opens his eye for a moment to see his position in relation to the lava pool and to Hurricane. Perfect. He should have just enough time to hurl Hurricane towards the lava. Hurricane comes closer to the meditating Kabada, and suddenly lunges, his fist all yellow. Kenobi quickly flashes open his eyes, and they glow purple. Hurricane is taken from where he is and is flung hard towards the magma pool. Hurricane sails through the air, and splats right into the edge of the pool. With moaning and agonizing screeched, Hurricane is dragged inside the pool. The very molecular structure of Hurricane reverts back into a Ditto due to the extreme pain, and slowly and painfully Hurricane comes out, now a green...no...charred Ditto. The once green body Hurricane once possessed is now charred black, and Hurricane lies in a pool of Ditto-slime, hurt and in extreme pain. At this sight, Kenobi breaks out laughing. He falls to the floor, rolling on the ground, and starts rolling around. *sweatdrop*

Post-Battle Status
Hurricane (Ditto M) HP 20% (damage caps) Energy 36% (damage caps) Condition in extreme pain, reverted back to a Ditto, black and charred, in a puddle of "Ditto"

Obi Wan (Kadabra M) HP 60% Energy 60% Condition Rolling on the floor laughing, cannot stop laughing

Arena Status Craggy surface, known for volcanic activity, forcefield environment, controlled environment to some extent, small rupture forming a pool of magma on opposite side of combatants, Ditto near pool of magma, Kenobi between other side of magma and magma itself

Syberia
25th May 2003, 10:50 PM
Indeed, IceMan. Although he may be close to it, our ref is not god. I don't know just when you used to be in ASB, but for now, a day is nothing to have to wait for a reffing. Learn patience, unless you want to have your fair share of people mad at you.

Well, Kenobi, it looks like you've blasted the Kadabra straight out of him. Good job; now if only you can keep your composure long enough to finish him off. While he's busy transforming back into you, grasp him once more with Psychic and send him for another little swim. If he somehow manages to survive that, continue to bash his body against the forcefield until he falls. It looks like your losing streak is finally coming to an end.

Psychic x3

IceMan
26th May 2003, 09:24 AM
It's not over just yet. Absorb the first Psychic, and use the time to Transform into Kadabra. Then take him down with Shadow Ball x2.

Transform - Shadow Ball x2

SneaselReborned
26th May 2003, 10:53 AM
Erm...this is going to be weird. Why did you choose Psychic and not the ever-damagecapping ShadowBall? Anyway, there is no way for Syb to lose tho, because dmg caps are 40% and he has 60%. Its either IceMan loses or nobody loses yet. Let me do some quick randomizings, ok?

I won't even ref this, just tell if Syb wins and if not then tell the stats, k?

Post-Battle Status
Syberia wins. I did calculations like this:

Will Psychic get Ditto into the lava? (1-3)(2=yes, 1=no)

Will Psychic do upper range dmg (damage cappage) or will it do lower range? (1-10)(1-5 = high, 6-10 = low)

How much will just grazing the lava do? (5-15)(# = damage done)

How much will the next Psychic do? (5-10)(# + [damage for hitting forcefield 2-5] = damage done)
5 + 5 = 10

7+10 = 17

How much will last Psychic do? (5-10)(# + [damage for hitting forcefield 2-5] = damage done)
7+3 = 10

17 + 10 = 27

Ditto loses, Kenobi wins. The reason I didn't calculate for Kenobi was, of course, damage caps disallow losing more than 40% HP in one round.

Good match, both of you. Now, I'll have to save this arena for later. Gotta love the magma pools of psychicness. Ouchies. ^_^.

Syberia
26th May 2003, 02:36 PM
So let me get this straight... the formula e=mc^2 decided that I won? Well I can't exactly argue with that ^_^

Kenobi, as I promised, you shall now become a Jedi Master... I mean, an Alakazam.

Sneasel, thanks for reffing, this really was the fastest battle I've ever had.

IceMan
26th May 2003, 03:51 PM
Good match, Syberia, it was a well-earned victory. Thanks for reffing, SneaselReborned.