PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Fanfic *Preview* (Need opinions)

Goten
18th May 2003, 08:35 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new here. :wave: First off, I'm known as S.S.Goten from Dragonballtoys.com discussion boards (and no I'm not plugging) but anywho, also some of you may know me as SSGotenDBT on AIM. Don't worry, I know the ropes with message boards, and I won't cause any problems or be a stupid newbie. ;) I'm 13, and I just became interested in Pokemon again with the release of Ruby and Sapphire. I'm not a fanatic like I used to be, I just like Pokemon because I like the concept behind the story. So, enough about me, I joined here to start a fanfiction.

The reason I've decided to start "Pokemon Fanfic" (the name of my fanfic. *simple huh?:P* ) is because I hate how complex the game is (how there is sooo much stuff in the game), and how the anime is sooo childish and it doesn't even really follow the main goal of Pokemon... (to catch stuff... I mean look at how many times Ash has ran into something new in the wild and just acted like it was nothing.) So anyways, my fanfic will have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the game and show. None of the people off the show or series, none of the Land regions, this fanfic will be entirely new like a different version of the concept of Pokemon. So to start things off... the main characters.

Brandon- Brandon is the main character I will focus on, he is 13 years old and he has wanted to be a Pokemon trainer since he was 5, and his quest will be to catch all that he can and defeat the best of the best.

Jason- Jason is Brandon's best friend from next door, they have been friends since they were toddlers, always competitive in everything they do. Jason is 13, born a month before Brandon, his quest will be the same as Jason.

Britney- Britney has been living in the same town as Brandon and Jason, but they've never met before, they meet the day they get their starter Pokemon at the Proffessor of their towns lab. Her goal is the same as the other 2. Britney is 13, born 2 months earlier than Jason.

All 3 kids will take the journey to be a Pokemon Master together, Now, I need some opinions. What should each of the kids' personality be?
The proffessor of their town will have all 9 of the starters from the Games.
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip.

Each of the 3 kids will get 1 starter, and I have already decided Brandon is getting Charmander, but who should the other two kids get? Please give a reason why they should get who you say.

Ok, the rest of the starters will go out to other kids from their town, that will appear later in the fanfic.

Aight, now for the gym part of the story. There will be 16 gyms, one for each type of Pokemon, 16 badges to collect. Each gym will symbolize each Pokemon type in no particular order;
Normal, Electric, Grass, Poison, Fire, Fighting, Water, Ice, Flying, Ground, Rock, Steel, Dragon, Dark, Ghost, Psychic.
Once you defeat all of the gyms, you are allowed to enter the Pokemon League; a HUGE Stadium where you face other trainers that have entered the League and collected all of the badges required. The Pokemon League will be elimination style, if you lose, you are out of the league, the person who defeats you goes on the to the next round. Rounds will go on until the last two who survive the Elimination face each other. The winner of that; Faces the Elite Four. Four of the most powerful and Ruthless of trainers. If you can defeat all of them, you are entered into the Hall of Fame, and you get other prizes I will reveal later in the Story when we get there.

Opinions? Does anyone disagree with the way that works? The Gyms will be spread all over the World, so the story will take awhile to get to the end.

Things that will be different than normal things on the regular Pokemon;

The Pokedex will identify a Pokemon and tell you certain characteristics of the Pokemon/How to tell if it's sick/what to do if it is sick/blablabla. The Pokedex will also have a built in scanner that reads the level of the Pokemon. So if your Pokemon is not at a certain level, it will not be able to compete in a higher level gym. At least 1 of your Pokemon needs to be at the level, the rest can be behind.

Pokemon will not evolve by Stone/Happiness/Or items. Pokemon will evolve by level and how they are raised. So say... Poliwhirl, when he reaches a certain level (undecided right now), if he is trained more on land than in the water; he will evolve into Politoad. If he is trained in water and reaches a certain level he becomes Poliwrath.

If Evee is trained more during the day, when it reaches a certain level; it evolves into Espeon, if more at night; Umbreon.

You can have as many of your Pokemon with you as you want. Battles will each have regulations of how many Pokemon you use. Pokemon can get stronger than level 100. And Pokemon can learn any move that is compatable with the Pokemon. It can use any move in battle, but it will only be capable of using stronger moves when it reaches a level that it is strong enough to use the move properly.

Pokemon may not sound or speak the same as it does in the Anime. Like I said this is completely different. They will still say their names when they talk though.

The legends behind Pokemon and such will change too. For example; Getting all three of the legendary birds together will not bring out Lugia... and there will be a big story of the creation of Pokemon and why the legendaries are so hidden...

Each of the kids will have a laptop that they carry in their backpack. The laptop will be able to store anything in it. Whether it be a sleeping bag, Pokemon inside pokeballs, any item can be stored inside the Laptop. They can also talk to their parents on the laptop.

Ok, that about sums up everything I want to address right now, I want opinions of things you guys like or don't like. I'm trying to get this alot more realistic than the game or show, so tell me what you think.

Oh, BTW, I want to test something out...

1.Ok, I can host things here, great. Am I allowed to?

2.How do I get an avatar? A certain post count?

3. I make signatures. If you want one ask. Here is a sample of my work.

Hmm... nevermind... I can't add an attachment now... I'll get the hang of it soon...

totodilelover
18th May 2003, 09:31 PM
OK, you got a good plot going. Its not like the game and that is good. Just to make your story more intresting dont have them get one of the 9 starters. Be creative you could have one in there but expand on it. Say they could get poliwag. bellsprout. and numel. I hope this helps. I like the idea about 16 gyms. Thats a lot. That is also a good thing. Tips for when youw rite this. People will always say make sure it is long and very discriptive. No short 1 minute chapters. OK? Hope this helps.

Goten
18th May 2003, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I know how to write a long detailed chapter, but I have reasons for the starters, something to do with the Proffessor and such. And thanks to whoever moved this topic, I rushed and posted without reading where to put it.

mistysakura
19th May 2003, 06:43 AM
And after everyone complains about the game being too straightforward and one-sided, we get someone on the other side of the argument!

Anyway, it still seems a bit like the game. Frankly, I don't care that much about minor detail e.g. how many gyms there are. I just like a different plot, i.e. not Trainer(s) gets Pokeon, trainer defeats gyms, beats league. i don't mind trainer fics, as long as they have something different in them. Maybe the main character is a secret spy for Team Rocket or something. That just came out of the top of my head, so it wasn't that good. But you get the point.
Even if it's normal trainer, try to make the characters interesting, not perfect people. Most of us lie that.

even without all that, I guess length and description makes up for almost all of it. So if you don't like my suggesions, good luck anyway, and remeber to never quit!

Goten
19th May 2003, 09:05 AM
my fanfic will not be just about gyms and beating them. In fact, there will probably be a ton of chapters that go by before they arrive at a gym. And even though they may be at a gym, that doesn't mean their Pokemon are strong enough to face to face the gym leader and they may lose quite a few times. If they lose they have to wait 1 day to challenge the gym leader again. Plus, the world is so big, the gyms are scattered throughout the world.

There will be villains in the story, I haven't decided how to fit them in yet, but there will be some.

And Britney, the girl that joins Brandon and Jason... they will both have a crush on her, so feelings will be hurt and such.

Pokemon sizes will depend on how old the Pokemon is. If it just hatched out of an egg it will be smaller than it's full height. It will grow overtime, but when a Pokemon evolves it will have to grow into it's full height also. There will be no GIANT Pokemon, but they will sometimes grow a little bigger than their full size. I'm about to start the fanfic now, so I will post it when I get the first chapter done.

BTW, you will have to use your imagination because my Pokemon will be as detailed as this picture here
http://www.hp.com/technicalsolutions/dcc/image_gallery/images/charizard_bc2.jpg

I want to add more detail so the Pokemon like Pikachu will have fur like a mouse, Squirtle and such will be slimy like a turtle, Charmander will have scales. I will describe in the fanfic soon.

Neo-Xantios
24th May 2003, 01:32 AM
Excellent. I look forward to it. Best of luck!