PDA

View Full Version : Medallion Battle! Sign right up!

Little_Pikachu
19th May 2003, 02:34 AM
I'm issuing a Medallion Challenge, so if whoever my opponent is happens to win this battle, they get my Elite Medallion and TM. This will not be first-come, first-serve; people who have not yet had a chance to make an attempt for my Medallion will get priority over those who have already had a chance. Also, I recommend that whoever it is has some battle experience.

Referee can be pretty much anyone, but preferably someone who is reasonably active.

Arena is the main observation deck of Tokyo Tower. You can look it up if you want more detail, but basically Tokyo Tower is a metal framework tower that looks sort of like the Eiffel Tower in France, but taller, more svelte, and otherwise cooler.

2v2 or 3v3. You send out your pokémon first, I'll move first, and then of course we switch back and forth.

DQ time is 72 hours. Since this is a Medallion match, I will not be lenient unless you have a particularly good reason. These things must keep moving along, you know?

So... Who's interested?

Andrew
19th May 2003, 02:51 AM
I challenge you! ;)

Or not. I'm currently battling you anyway Impy. I gotta say your arena is very cool, and it makes me think of The Amazing Race. A lot nicer than a bouncy castle lol.

Well whoever's challenging Impy I gotta say Imp's a tough tough tough cookie with many many many effective and somewhat evil strats! So you'd better have half a brain to take Imp on!

That's about all, and if possible I'd like to be a spectator ;)

*Goes all Mysterious and watchful* Good luck to you both whoever you may be.

SNOTS FUBAR
19th May 2003, 06:30 AM
Ill accept this. GO BRE

Female Gengar.

M1ND G4ME
19th May 2003, 08:32 AM
*steps forth out of the darkness to Be a reffy* HILO!

Little_Pikachu
20th May 2003, 12:54 AM
All right... GW has promised to be very active, so this will do. My opponent should pick either 2v2 or 3v3 the next time he posts, however.

Let battle be joined, Memory! Strike down your enemy Gengar with all of your majestic fury!

Memory is a female Alakazam... As the Fifth Seal, she does not know fear.

Snap of a Thunder Wave quickly, Memory, and then leap off the side of the observation deck. Catch yourself with a Psychic and use it to fly amongst the metal beams of the tower, taking cover behind them so that your opponent cannot get a clear shot at you. You don't need to see your opponent to blanket the arena in Confusion, so nail the general area of wherever you think the Gengar is with Confusion, moving around whenever you can so it can't catch you.

Thunder Wave, Psychic (flight), Confusion

SNOTS FUBAR
20th May 2003, 06:25 PM
Hmm 3 on 3. sorry.

OK Bre. We'll start off with a basic manuver and use Double Team to evade the Thunder Wave. A flying Alakazam eh? take it down with a thunderbolt. Teach it that what is meant to fly will fly and what doesnt, wont. Then finish off with Shadow Ball.

Double Team~T-Bolt~Shadow Ball

Little_Pikachu
20th May 2003, 09:21 PM
You're planning to have your Gengar blast an Alakazam floating behind a metal framework with electricity while standing on that metal framework? Good one.

M1ND G4ME
21st May 2003, 09:57 AM
Pre Battle

Alakazam: (F) Memory: 100%
Attacks: Thunder Wave, Psychic (flight), Confusion
Health Effects: None

Gengar: (F) Bre: 100%
Attacks: Double Team, Thunder Bolt, Shadow Ball

Arena: Tokyo Tower

Battle

Atop the Tokyo Tower, Two trainers walk out to do battle. The Day is beautiful, Sun is shining Wind is blowing, Perfect Day for a pokémon Battle. Coming From the horizon a silhouette of a Referee flying up surrounded in a purple aura, The Ref then steps down on one of the towers bars to Ref the battle. His Espeon, which he used to get to the tower, then jumps down to a observation floor and pulls out a box of Bikini Magazines and pays no attention to the Battle to come.

The Two trainers that had awaited the Ref step forward and release their pokémon. The trainers then call out their commands and the Battle begins. The Memory jumps up and emits a wave of electric energy but Bre then counters with a Double team as to evade this attack. But the Wave extinguishes he clones barely missing the true Gengar. The wave did however hit many onlookers that are frozen in there spots unable to move.

Memory then jumped up and was surrounded by purple aura and floats up high to hide. That’s not very fun is it? Bre then flies after Memory and locates her behind a steel beam and powered up a bolt of electricity in her arms and fired it right at the Metal. Alakazam, Having been right behind the beam, Gets fried and falls a floor down the tower and starts cussing at the laughing Gengar.

Bre remembering its commands flies back down to the alakazam powering up a shadow ball and fires it. The shadow ball is sure to hit but Memory holds out its hands and in an eruption of energy the two are engulfed in pink aura which sends Bre flying into a steel beam and causes great damage to the side of the tower causing it to tilt slightly. Officials then come and Put Impereon in hand cuffs and take him away for wrecking the tower. They then give him his one phone call to give commands to Memory who is still in the battle.

Some rep he has huh Cyclone? Getting arrested in a medallion battle..

Cyclone: Huh? Oh sorry. Dang she’s a beauty…

Cyclone! Put those away! We’ve got a battle to Ref!

Cyclone: No, I have magazines to read, YOU have a battle to ref.

-_-;;; Like you actually read those things.

Post Battle

Alakazam: (F) Memory: 88%

Gengar: (F) Bre: 84%

Arena: Tokyo Tower, Tilting to its side.

SNOTS FUBAR
22nd May 2003, 10:02 AM
OK im not sure how my plan will work without making the ref think what i think. OK Start off with a Hyper Beam toward its feet. Then quickly fire a Hypnosis to catch it off guard. If you succeed then use a Nightmare. If you fail then a Toxic.

Hyper Beam~Hypnosis~Nightmare/Toxic

Little_Pikachu
22nd May 2003, 01:45 PM
I'm showing the Tokyo Cataclysm Division my license to participate in this battle. I even have "Opposing Forces" checked on there.

All right, Memory. Hyper Beam takes a while to charge, so snap off a Thunder Wave as you dodge behind a beam for cover, so it doesn't hit you directly. Then, if the Hyper Beam drops the entire blasted tower, Teleport out so you don't get crushed (the same cannot be said for your opponent -- even phased out, several hundred tons of metal crashing down on top of you can't be good for you). If the tower stays up, Reflect the Hypnosis so Bre falls asleep instead of you... Then eat HER dreams. If she doesn't fall asleep like a good Gengar, keep your distance and blast her backwards with a Psybeam. If she can't catch you, she can't toxify you.

Thunder Wave, Reflect/Teleport, Dream Eater/Psybeam

SNOTS FUBAR
28th May 2003, 06:27 AM
we need a reffing for this

Little_Pikachu
29th May 2003, 09:45 PM
From MSN:

:D:D My Friend Doesn't Hate me Anymore :D:D says:
hey, dont ref dq me lol, im being grounded for like 2 weeks and wont be able to ref (schoolwork)
Kobold Lord says:
Hmm... We might have to find someone else as a subref until you can return. I'll let my opponent decide.
ok

That should explain the delay. I'll leave the choices up to you, SNOTS FUBAR. If you want a reffing before then, we'll need a subref.

SNOTS FUBAR
29th May 2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Impereon
From MSN:

hey, dont ref dq me lol, im being grounded for like 2 weeks and wont be able to ref (schoolwork)
Kobold Lord says:
Hmm... We might have to find someone else as a subref until you can return. I'll let my opponent decide.
ok

That should explain the delay. I'll leave the choices up to you, SNOTS FUBAR. If you want a reffing before then, we'll need a subref.

Maybe we should get a subref for 1 or 2 rounds. Keep things moving, you know?

Don't Run With Scizors
30th May 2003, 12:16 AM
Round Two:
Memory the Alakazam (88%, levitating) vs. Bre the Gengar (84%)
Arena effects: Previous referee doesn't think the Tokyo Tower is so sturdy

Bre slowly begins to charge raw plasma as Memory deftly ducks behind a steel beam, trying to force the Genger into a series of electrical seizures. Bre seems unhindered by the waves of crippling electricity, however, and she blasts forth her supercharged plasma beam... though the steel beam isn't looking in particularly good shape moments later, it did take the brunt of the blast for Memory, leaving her only to be scorched by stray Hyper Beam splash.

Memory tries to set up a reflective shield to turn Bre's subversive hypnotizing back on her, but Bre makes no move to begin... looks like the electrical seizures got to her after all. Disappointed, Memory drops her focus on the shield, and it fades moments later.

Unfortunately for Memory, Bre manages to overcome the twitching long enough to chase after her with intent to hawk a vile, poisonous loogie in her face. Memory floats backwards, desperately trying to avoid it while at the same time blasting Bre with a stream of psionic energy... but the glob is moving too straight, too fast. It catches on to her and sinisterly sinks through her pores to her bloodstream below.

End of Round Two Status:
Memory the Alakazam: 79%, badly poisoned, levitation beginning to wear off, slightly fatigued
Bre the Gengar: 70%, paralyzed, mildly fatigued
Arena effects: One minor steel beam of the tower is a wreck... big deal.

Little_Pikachu
30th May 2003, 08:50 PM
Hmm... Act quickly, before the toxin fully sets in. As you drop to a steady perch, split off a largish Substitute, trying to force the venom into the Substitute's mass as much as possible. Have both you and the Substitute move obliquely apart, and attempt to purge the infirmities inflicted upon you with Recover. Doesn't have to be a heavy-duty one; if you can wipe out the rest of the poison and recoup most of what was lost to the Substitute I'll be more than happy. Blast in with another Psybeam just so Bre doesn't forget we're here.

Naturally, if Bre somehow manages to drop the entire tower somehow, Teleport out.

Substitute, Recover, Psybeam

SNOTS FUBAR
2nd June 2003, 06:44 PM
We can't let it sub and recover. Start with a Hypnosis. If it succedds then use a Couple of Nightmares while its asleep. If it does wake up shock it with a Double Team before the Psybeam. If it doesnt happen to fall asleep, lets get rid of the sub Quickly a Seismic Toss. Same Double Team as before

Hypnosis~Nightmare/Seismic Toss~Nightmare/Double Team

Don't Run With Scizors
3rd June 2003, 02:03 PM
Round Three:
Memory the Alakazam (79%, badly poisoned, levitation beginning to wear off, slightly fatigued) vs. Bre the Gengar (70%, paralyzed, mildly fatigued)

Memory gracefully sets down on a stable-looking, yet-undamaged steel beam, letting her mental grasp around herself drop... She conjures up a mental-blocking lookalike next to herself, but interestingly enough, Bre makes no move to stare it down. She just keeps twitching... twitching...

A shimmering array of lights plays over Memory as her cells go to work repairing each other's damage... but Bre's poison goes unchecked. And then the Gengar twitches some more.

Memory blasts Bre with psionic energy, and she just keeps on twitching a lot... but it looks like the beam inflicted some mental stress on her.

End of Round Three Status:
Memory the Alakazam: 68%, badly poisoned, moderately fatigued, 21% Substitute active
Bre the Gengar: 58%, paralyzed, mildly fatigued, confused

Poor Bre... randomizer had her twitching the whole round.

Little_Pikachu
3rd June 2003, 02:14 PM
Woah... Lucky break for us, Memory, though I'm sure you'd beat Bre with or without luck. Take advantage of the opening with a Psybeam barrage... Don't let up. Say away from your Substitute, though, for we don't want you caught in the attacks that hit it.

That assumes that Bre doesn't do something stupid, like bring down the entire tower... In which case you Teleport out and save yourself with Psychic levitation, as usual.

Psybeam the entire round...

SNOTS FUBAR
7th June 2003, 02:40 PM
Damn. We need to get rid of the Sub. But lets worry about that later. Make your own mid sized Substitute. Next you should be free to use a Mega Punch. Then use a Dynamic Punch.

Don't Run With Scizors
7th June 2003, 03:14 PM
Round Four:
Memory the Alakazam (68%, badly poisoned, moderately fatigued, 21% Substitute active) vs. Bre the Gengar (58%, paralyzed, mildly fatigued, confused)

Bre's bad luck streak continues as the mental stress proves to be too great for her to handle, leaving her to be victim to three more beams of psionic stress headed her way. She manages to smash Memory's body double twice, but it still holds, unfortunately for Bre.

End of Round Four Status:
Memory the Alakazam: 65%, badly poisoned, heavily fatigued, 4% Substitute active
Bre the Gengar: 18% (damage caps), paralyzed, moderately fatigued

SNOTS FUBAR
8th June 2003, 10:15 AM
Alright. Hopefully this will work. Start with a Haze. Need to fog up the place. Next use a Shadow Ball then finish up with Explosion! PLain and simple.

Little_Pikachu
8th June 2003, 05:31 PM
Wooh! We actually get to attempt to use something we've never been able to use before!

Memory, that Gengar will be useful to us. Use Vengeful Martyrdom; hopefully we'll get lucky. Levitate yourself again with Psychic after sprinting to the edge of the platform; try your best to get well outside of the blast radius of the Explosion. If all goes well, Bre will be your slave next round.

Vengeful Martyrdom, run away, Psychic

Memory, Sig Move "Vengeful Martyrdom"
Description: As Memory's opponent crashes to the ground, she gathers psionic energy around herself in a dark nimbus. Suddenly, the aureole of light flickers forward, enveloping the fainted enemy. The opposing trainer cheers as his or her pokémon gets to its feet, especially as Memory staggers in sudden pain. The cheers are short-lived, however, for the fallen opponent uses its newfound vitality against its will to battle its former comrades.
When Vengeful Martyrdom is used, if any pokémon in the match other than Memory faints during that turn Memory uses her own life to animate the fainted victim (or produce a semi-real facsimile thereof; whichever my opponent and referee feel more comfortable with) and forces it to fight on her behalf. When Memory receives a command, both she and her servant attempt to follow it to the best of their ability, although in most cases at least one of them will not know the move. Regardless, the order still takes up the standard amount of actions. The victim does not attack as efficiently as normal, however, and any move it makes is disabled for two full turns in both pokémon due to the stress factor of such behavior. Effectively, Memory gains the moveset of the opponent (including Sig Moves) but at the cost of having two legal targets out to get hit. Memory and her victim share health totals and status. If one is injured, their communal pool of health, which was equal to Memory's health upon using Vengeful Martyrdom, goes down as normal. Any status ailments are shared as well. The opponent can target either pokémon in play; for instance if Memory controlled a Venusaur, a Flamethrower from an opponent could be targeted at the Venusaur to wreak extra havoc in a way that would not be possible with just Memory alone. However, the two pokémon will naturally attempt to cover for each other, so Memory will try to intercept said Flamethrower if she’s close enough to reach her servant in time. Similarly, the Venusaur servant would attempt to intercept a Crunch. The chance of this cooperative venture succeeding varies at the whim of the referee; if the pair is back-to-back, then it is likely to succeed but if they’re across from the arena, it ain’t happening. The effect ends after five full rounds after the servant’s first opportunity to act, at which point the victim returns to its pokéball (or the illusion gives the appearance of returning; there’s no way to tell, really, is there?). Memory can only use Vengeful Martyrdom once per battle, even in the unlikely event that she successfully faints two pokémon.
Flavor Quote: And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. Revelations 6: 9-11.
Type: psychic | Accuracy: 80% | Damage: Not Applicable

Don't Run With Scizors
10th June 2003, 10:22 PM
Round Five:
Memory the Alakazam (65%, badly poisoned, heavily fatigued, 4% Substitute active) vs. Bre the Gengar (18%, paralyzed, moderately fatigued)

Bre seems to have gotten over her twitching spell for the time being... she wraps herself in billowing fog, hoping that Memory won't be able to zap her with any more of those psionic beams. But Memory, too, is surrounded by a dark cloud... this one carries a more sinister glow about it. Something dreadful is about to show its face...

Memory starts levitating to the top of the tower, hoping to get away from the destruction soon to come, while from within the fog, a spheroid of even more darkness bursts out... and narrowly misses Memory's lookalike. Trying to hide in a miasma of obscurity is a double-edged sword, it looks like.

Not that missing the Substitute matters. Bre summons the last of her strength, multiplying it tenfold to create an explosion of supernatural power! Memory's lookalike, as well the fog, are wiped out nearly instantaneously. Memory herself manages to only be caught by the edge of the explosion's radius, but the tower doesn't fare so well... with several of the supporting beams blown apart, the top of the tower collapses in on itself. Memory is crushed momentarily before she beams out to some safer, less-obliterated point of the tower, but she's conscious enough to witness the fruits of her labor... as the dark aura surrounding Memory envelops Bre, she awakens, the pawn of Memory!

Bre has become the unwilling servant of Memory... SNOTS FUBAR must sent out a new Pokémon to face this duo.

End of Round Five Status:
Memory the Alakazam: 5% (Explosion damage caps), badly poisoned, critically fatigued
Bre the Gengar: fainted, possessed by Memory
Arena effects: top of tower collapsed

SNOTS FUBAR
16th June 2003, 02:48 PM
Wow. I completely forgot to post when i actually read this the first time. That aint a really good reason. Actually its an excuse so i guess I lose by DQ. even though noone has said anything