PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Weddings And Such

Starry Might
19th May 2003, 03:20 PM
Yesterday was a very big day. Why? Because one of my female cousins (from my Dad's side) got married! I'm not gonna go into TOO much detail here, but I will tell you a couple things. The wedding took place at a restored turn-of-the-century manor in the mountains, where people can rent it for such occassions. Overall, I had a good time, although I've been suffering from a cold for a week now...and so, I was blowing my nose and crud quite a bit yesterday. (Ugh... ~_~)

And now, some questions:

(1) When was the very last time you attended a wedding of a relative? Who got married? Where'd it happen?

(2) Have you been to any relative's weddings before the very last one you attended? Who got married? Where'd it happen?

(3) (Females only) Did you catch the bride's bouquet at any of them? ^_^

Me:

(1) Please see the little story that preceded these questions. ;)

(2) Yes. It was 5 years ago, the lucky relative was another one of my female cousins (this time from my Mom's side), and it was held in a big church located on the outskirts of my city.

(3) Nope.

P.S. - If you want to stick any well wishes for my cousin and her husband in your post, go ahead. :)

Silver Ledian
19th May 2003, 03:37 PM
(1) When was the very last time you attended a wedding of a relative? Who got married? Where'd it happen?

(2) Have you been to any relative's weddings before the very last one you attended? Who got married? Where'd it happen?

(3) (Females only) Did you catch the bride's bouquet at any of them? ^_^

1) My uncle's wedding (mum's brother) just last June, almost a year ago now. It was in the chapel just down the road from my house and the celebration afterwards was in a hotel/restaurant about a 15 minute walk away from my house. There was dinner, then a few drinks and afterwards a DJ and music....GREAT (even though I missed an eppie of Big Brother!!!!!)! :P

2) Just one other, I think. My aunt's wedding (dad's sister) about 7 or 8 years ago (long time, I know!). The actual wedding took place in a small chapel in the mountains of Co. Donegal, Ireland and the celebration afterwards was in a hotel in Donegal - about 1/2 hour away from the chapel. Lots of partying, drink and a conga line too! :yes:

3) *Is Male* ^_^;;;;;

- Silver Ledian (Eamon)

Lightning
19th May 2003, 08:21 PM
1. When was the very last time you attended a wedding of a relative? Who got married? Where'd it happen?
I last attended a wedding last July. It was my cousin Vanessa's wedding, and it happened in Saskatoon. ^_^;;

2. Have you been to any relative's weddings before the very last one you attended? Who got married? Where'd it happen?
Mmm... my Aunt Joan's wedding (also in Saskatchewan) when she got married.. oh.. maybe... 5 or 6 years ago? o_O;; I honestly have no idea. XD I also went to my mom's cousin's wedding. It was in Winnipeg and I can't remember when that was. ^^;

3. (Females only) Did you catch the bride's bouquet at any of them? ^_^
Nnnnnnnope. o_O;

Bai,
Lightning

Avian Freeze
19th May 2003, 10:32 PM
1. Hmm, it was a few years ago, I think two or three. I went to my godsister's wedding. It was nice and my sister was the flower girl. They then went on a honeymoon...umm...I forgot ^^;;. I saw her around December and she was pregnant, so I guess I'll be having a little godnephew :D.

2. Nope, none that I know of ;o.

3. I'm a guy :P.

Pichu
19th May 2003, 10:38 PM
(1) My last one was about 2 years ago. My older sister/cousin got married. She's about 3-4 years older than me. It happened in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. (btw, she's 23 when she married.)

(2) No.

(3) n/a...(guy)

Chibi_Sugar
21st May 2003, 01:15 AM
1) About two years ago, I went to my aunt's wedding in this little bitty wedding chapel. It was soooo cute, I told my mom I wanted to get married there ^^;

2) I went to my cousin's wedding about 10 years ago X_x; It was in this huge church somewhere. I was stuck being flower girl *puts on a dorky dress and tosses flowers*

3) I came really close at my aunt's wedding, but then I got knocked flat and almost ripped my $300 dress X.x

Krystalline Kabutops
21st May 2003, 07:03 AM
(1) It was about 5 years ago, somewhere near Chicago, I think. My little bro was ringbearer... X.x;

(2) Yeah, but I was about 5, so I dun' remember. I was so scared, because I thought I'd have to wear a wig! I was the Ringbearer. *Thinks about Lord of the Rings*

(3) I caught the hair scrunchy thingamabob.... *Shifty eyed look*