PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Polls, Clubs and Games

Silver Ledian
19th May 2003, 03:56 PM
Hey there,

I just want to ask a few questions about the forum in general - random poll in other words, hehehe :D

1) Which do you prefer:- Polls, Clubs or Games? Why?

2) Which is your least favourite? Why?

3) What do you think of the quality of this forum's games at the minute? Should there be more stuff like Big Brother and Capture Centers etc. and less games which require less posts or vice versa?

4) If there could be improvements made to this forum for the future, what would they be?

Me:

1) I prefer polls because I like reading about people's opinions and it's fun to reply to funny questions and some very original ones, at times. I also prefer reading those that are longer than a line.... ^_^ good quality posts in other words. ;)

2) I've never really played any Games or joined any Clubs in my time here but I feel that Games are starting to clog up the forums so I'd say that they can get annoying a lot of the time. :(

3) I think that things like the Capture centers which have been well thought out and which people love playing are great for the forum but that silly games aren't worth being in here, even though they are games...but that's just my opinion.

4) I'd try and find a balance in P/C and G although that is impossible since people have different tastes and preferences. I'd like more polls though, in the future :)

- Silver Ledian (Eamon)

Aipom Of Doom
19th May 2003, 04:11 PM
;o Eamon posted the thread with the ID 16666. Great job with those four sixes in a row, Eamon =P

1. Games. Mainly adopted Pokemon ;D

2. Clubs probably, mainly because I haven't joined any since the Eevee House. And that there aren't any around anymore <_<

3. Though some of the small games are fun, they still are a bit spammish, and there are way too many =/. I thought the rules used to be that posts should be 10 words or longer, yet we have 3 word story and stuff like that? <_<. Adopted Pokemon pwns tho; its the only reason I'm still at TPM.

4. Hmm... Possibly a subforum for all of the adopted/captured Pokemon games... Maybe get rid of some of the repetitive spammish games... And I dunno beyond that.

Jay
20th May 2003, 04:23 AM
Nice polls, Eamon :)

I like the games the best because there aren't many polls nowadays, and hardly any clubs and it keeps me active here. I work for over half of the places that require workers and I think it's fun, and it gives you something to do. Sometimes the work load can be pretty heavy *coughbrscough* but I guess it has its easiness if you can keep up, which is not what a lot of people do.

It's a hard decision, but i'll probably have to go with Clubs. I don't know why, but I guess it can be answered by saying that I find Polls enjoying and it also gives me something to do to waste time. But Clubs, for one there aren't many around anymore, and two don't contain the topics that I like. Which I don't even happen to know myself ;-; That's why I don't create Clubs for stuff that I like, I guess

3) What do you think of the quality of this forum's games at the minute? Should there be more stuff like Big Brother and Capture Centers etc. and less games which require less posts or vice versa?

Quality as in posts? I think they could have improvements, especially in the games like Questions Only and the 3 Word Story of which can get quite spammy. I prefer stuff like BB, CC and GT over the small games, because for one it occupies you more and makes your post have quality when you don't even know it sometimes, and two they happen to be a lot more fun than the other games. That's just imho, though

4) If there could be improvements made to this forum for the future, what would they be?

I would probably like to see more Clubs open up, and (I hate to say it) but more Polls since the Games are dominating this forum right now... but I like it like that :) For others I'm not sure. Nothing much else to add to this one

Gligar_Man
20th May 2003, 04:43 AM
its polls, clubs, games its changes, lol i know "The PokeMasters Forums > Interactive > Polls, Clubs, Games" anywhos...

1. games
~ keep me occupied
2. ive never participated in a club, :( so them
3. games are different form what they were but fun... :\ i got no beef with them, :D
4. well im not a psychic... but maybe ill join a club or something for the fun of it... "my first club club"

Fett One
20th May 2003, 09:26 AM

Games because I find them fun and entertaining.

Clubs since I'll only join if it holds my interest and very few clubs have ever held my interest.

I think the games are fine the way they are.

Even through they are my least favorite of the 3, it would be nice to see some more since this is suppose to contain clubs.

White Gryphon
20th May 2003, 09:49 AM

I think it's a tie between Polls and Games... I like finding out stuff about other people in the Polls, and I like playing the Games when I'm bored.

The Clubs. I'm not good at commitment.

I don't like getting into games like Big Brother and such, but I'm okay with the other games that people come up with.

Can't think of any, to tell the truth. Sorry.

UmbreonCurse
20th May 2003, 10:10 AM
1) I say polls, I love talking about this stuff and hearing what you guys have to say...I'm odd that way
2) Clubs....they're not my thing
3)can't think of any...

Lady Vulpix
20th May 2003, 11:35 AM
1. I like Games a lot, as you can probably tell since you may see me playing them all the time. :D I think they're fun, and also an interesting mental challenge and a great chance to channel my creativity and interact with other members. Except for some exceptions which pose hardly any challenge at all *cough*Gossip-Game/3-word-story*. Funny things usually come out of them, but many people tend to use them just as a way of posting a massive amount of replies, which takes the fun out of them.

2. I don't know, really. There were some nice clubs, like Charmander Central, the Dragon's Guild and the very old Hayto Club, but I must say clubs are the hardest to post and keep at a decent quality. Maybe that's why there aren't many around. Polls can be nice if the questions and the answers are original, or they can also be realy dull. I don't dislike polls in general, nor clubs in general. I think polls are the least fun to respond to, but they're still nice sometimes (otherwise I wouldn't be responding to this one). So I guess polls would be the answer.

3. I think the overall quality of this forum is good. There could be more clubs, but that would mean more people would have to work on them and keep them active, so that's up to whoever decides to take that responsibility. Some games are getting rather SPAMmy (namely the Gossip Game, Questions Only, 3 Word Story and maybe Alphabet Speak). All I can think of for now is trying to enfore the rules more seriously (by issuing warnings to those who broke them, and maybe requesting a ban for those who broke them repetively). Strangely, some people don't seem to know what is a question and what isn't. o_O

4. What I said above, and maybe we could also set a limit for the amount of posts you can make at a game on a single day. That would stop low-challenge games from growing uncontrolably overnight. Maybe 5 posts a day per game per person would be fine, but I'd have to discuss that with the other mods first. This rule may or may not exclude the workers/current hosts of a game (Eg. the workers of an AC/CC/Expedia/Goldenrod Tower/BRS at their respective games, or the person who knows the correct word at Lingo/Hangman).

By the way, Danny, the 10 word rule was abolished here because it didn't fit this forums. Games like Lingo (1 word posts) can be much more entertaining than games with bulky posts like the Gossip Game.

Pichu
20th May 2003, 02:02 PM

Games / Polls.
I like games more though, cuz they last longer.

Clubs...What are they for anyway? :confused:

I like expedia and those "arguement games" such as "questions only", "alphabet". Pokémon hangman is okay, as long people reply faster, like me. ;)

Can't think of any... its all good, so far...

Espeon12
20th May 2003, 03:05 PM

Games, due to the Dragon Tamers Pokemon adoption. I like how it's RPG-ish but lets you control characters a bit more. DT has kept me at TPM these years and it's pretty cool to see how much my writing has improved because of it. The trivia games are also pretty nice, though I do feel that some games here don't pose much of a challenge and are a bit of a post-count booster.

Clubs, I'm afraid. You don't see original or many at all anymore, and those that do begin don't interest me or fade too quickly. I did like Charmander Central and the Dragon's Guild when they were around, though.

As I said before, I'm not a big fan of the simple games here. I like nice interactive ones like DT and Expedia, as some of the others are taking up space on the front page and push all the polls off.

There's not much I can say without repeating myself here. Perhaps just cutting down on some of the games, since I actually answer some polls now. Otherwise PCG seems to be doing pretty well ((Plus the mods here are great, lol ;) ))

AntiAsh Superstar
20th May 2003, 04:12 PM
1. For the most part I prefer polls, most you can give a decent answer to and if you can't they shouldn't be there in the first place. Plus you get to read about other people's opinions, that's always fun. Clubs are a rarity these days and tho some games are fun there's an awful lot that don't interest me at all.

2. I agree with Eamon, a huge amount of topics in PCG are games now, it's rather annoying especially when most don't interest you.

3. I'd really prefer less games, no offense to the topic makers but a lot of them seem to be just made for the sake of making a game. So I'd much rather prefer the days when polls made up the majority of this forum's topics, so what? :P

4. I agree with Eamon here as well, I wish people would make more polls (mainly coz I liked replying to them, as I've already said)... I know pretty much everything that can be done has been done in the course of the forum's history but that doesn't mean the odd obvious question can't be asked or new thing thought of, does it?