PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Did anyone use Hypno?

123LTJ
19th May 2003, 08:08 PM
Did anyone use Hypno for your Psychic type over Alakazam? I've never seen one used by any of my friends. I was just wondering.

Lady Kinogassa
20th May 2003, 01:36 AM
My friend Danny used a Hypno over Alakazam all of the time, He was sick of seeing *everybody* use 'Zam

RaZoR LeAf
20th May 2003, 02:10 AM
I use a Hypno on my team all the time. I find him less fragile than Alakazam. And cooler looking.

Myth
20th May 2003, 03:27 AM
My latest team has one! Used as a blardy tankage dood. But if u ask me, and alakazam is definitely for offense

123LTJ
20th May 2003, 02:06 PM
What's a good Hypno moveset?

bme
20th May 2003, 02:25 PM
Seismic Toss~Thunderwave~Reflect~Rest
Psychic~Meditate~Thunder Wave~Headbutt/Body Slam

MetalScyther
20th May 2003, 02:46 PM
1 and a half years ago I told everyone here that hypno was awesome because I managed to kill a moltres with one, lol.

I like reflect, rest, substitute, and psychic, with the possiblity of twave over substitute. I used hypno on a standard team so i had other thunderwavers.

Twave, meditate, headbutt, and psychic also works.

123LTJ
20th May 2003, 03:12 PM
So nobody uses Hypnosis/Dream Eater on him? It would kinda fit his motif.

bme
20th May 2003, 03:18 PM
Like a certain someone said, Hypnosis does what it's suppose to. It fails. :P~ It won't work well because anything put to sleep by Hynpo will just be switched out. =/ IF it wasn't for Hypnosis's bad acc., you could do that, then someone thinking you're a newbie, they switch. You then do a Thunderwave. >=D

[edit] i'm lame enough to edit, whee. Actually Hypnosis isn't that bad. But Dream Eater...nah. ^^;

MetalScyther
20th May 2003, 03:25 PM
Yep. Hypnosis, thunderwave, counter, and psychic is also a very usable moveset, because its getting used for everything. Hypnosis disables a pokemon to kill later, and thunderwave helps your whole team. I found a tauros switched into my hypno once, and countered when he bodyslammed, and then the tauros became sad.

The Muffin Man
22nd May 2003, 03:00 PM
Yes. and we all know how useful it is to paralyze AND sleep a pokemon. And Counter! Pure genius. My biggest problem sure isn't Chansey when I'm using a Hypno without Body Slam.[/sarcasm]

MetalScyther
22nd May 2003, 04:12 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me? Jesus christ. I thought you had enough common sense to know why we use sleeping and parylises moves on pokemon, pmm2.

And if you think that everything sucks just because its countered by chansey, then your even a bigger idiot then I thought.

[Edit] I just reread my post and I realized that your too stupid to comprehend my sleeping and paylises comment, so I'll explain it, since even after many years this still seems to be a new concept for you.

Hypno uses hypnosis. If it fails once, no biggy, because it has great staying power. After the poke is slept, they either die to psychic, or they are forced to switch. If they switch, you thunderwave. Counter is there for fun and could possibly screw over a tauros or something. If you weren't looking for counter then s-toss works fine also, along with bodyslam.

Cheesey
17th June 2003, 09:30 AM
I like Hypno, although I don't like his huge nose very much XD

Mine has.... Psychic, Seismic Toss, something, and something else, lol

SWAMPERT1
17th June 2003, 09:22 PM
I used a hypno in the days. cant remember what version but i used one. it was super strong.:)

Myth
17th June 2003, 10:35 PM
Toxic, SeismicToss, Reflect, Rest. Best. Set. Evar.

Coupled with resting magneton, recovering starmie, recovering alakazam, softboiling chansey, and starter eggz with explosion..

lol.

Prodigy
18th June 2003, 12:33 AM
Yes. and we all know how useful it is to paralyze AND sleep a pokemon.

Nice.

bme
18th June 2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Myth
Toxic, SeismicToss, Reflect, Rest. Best. Set. Evar.

Coupled with resting magneton, recovering starmie, recovering alakazam, softboiling chansey, and starter eggz with explosion..

lol.

Heh, yeah that set alone gets screwed by Gengar.:no: But we love Hypno still.

Prodigy - Oh ty. I forgot to quote that.:D

Mr.E
18th June 2003, 08:45 AM
Seismic Toss is screwed by nothing, hence the usefulness.

bme
18th June 2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Mystery
Seismic Toss is screwed by nothing, hence the usefulness.

Cept ghost is immune to it..:P

Prodigy
18th June 2003, 09:36 AM
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/attacks/s/seismic_toss.htm

Despite being a Fighting type attack, it is effective against Ghost Pokémon.

bme
18th June 2003, 02:47 PM
Oh duh. I'm thinking of G/S/C. hehe..:wave:

Charidron
21st June 2003, 10:26 AM
I have never used Hypno but not Alakazam ether. But what do you meen with "Did anyone use" It IS people out there who still play R/B/Y:rolleyes: