PDA

View Full Version : UC and TMM's open Tag Team Challenge.

Ultimate Charizard
19th May 2003, 09:06 PM
Myself and TMM have decided to team up for this challenge.

2V2 melee
1 pokemon per Participant

DQ: 1 week
Arena: Ref's Choice

You choose first, We attack first

So we need a ref and 2 opponenets....Who wants some?

Reptilius Pyrus
19th May 2003, 09:30 PM
I will battle, if you don't mind. *Waits for a partner*

Don't Run With Scizors
19th May 2003, 11:05 PM
I haven't had a good battle in a while... I volunteer to be Reptilius Pyrus' teammate.

To save a little time, I've picked out my combatant already - Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis the Grimer. Pneu'sis here hasn't had much combat experience yet besides yanking Pokéballs off of Rockets' belts, but here's an excellent opportunity to gain some.

Pyrus, got an AIM\MSN\IRC name somewhere? It'd help when coordinating attacks... PMs are an annoyingly slow system when it comes to that.

Reptilius Pyrus
20th May 2003, 10:29 PM
Sadly, no. I do have email (tobinsmith@juno.com), but that's it.

A Grimer named after a disease caused by breathing in volcanic ash? O_o Ummmkay... Anyway, my battler shall be Amber, my Meowth. She hasn't had much experience either.

Ultimate Charizard
21st May 2003, 04:43 AM
Hmm, Grimer and Meowth.....ill Pick Charizard (M)

Ill post attacks after TMM chooses his Poke'

The Muffin Man
21st May 2003, 03:01 PM
And I'll send out Primeape!!

*dramatic DBZ music begins to play*
Primeape, Kaio-Ken x20!!

Signature Move: Kaio-Ken
Description/background - Ki is inside ALL of us. It is simply a matter of manipulating it. Some can do it better than others(such as using Meditate to increase attack.) Primeape focues his ki into his body(mainly his muscles) and boosts the power to an incredible degree. A red aura surrounds Primeape throughout this attack, making Double-Team or anything else almost USELESS(unless the clones stand in front of Primeape, a la Substitute). Primeape takes a fighting stance as his ki is focused and increased, increasing his attack, speed, and reflexes. Although this boost comes in increments of 5(5x being a small boost, like using one curse minus the speed loss, and defense rise) and 20x being a massive boost of power, speed, and reaction time. Primeape becomes an incredible force to be reckoned with, and the aura and such can frighten smaller/weaker pokemon into not attacking. All levels of increase are at the trainers decision of increment.

Downsides: Primeape CAN increase his stats to an incredible level, but it takes away health. 5, 10, 15, and 20x all take 3%, 5%, 15%, and 50% health respectively, although the boost might be the difference between a win and a loss, that HP lost can mean the end of Primeape next round. Primeapes boosts are absolutely offensive, and in no way effect his mental fortitude(so psychic attacks STILL really hurt.) Also, since Ki is focused into an offensive energy, he gets no change in physical or elemental resistance. Furthermore, Primeape takes 3 rounds(one full turn) in order to complete a 20x Kaio-Ken, and 2 turns for a 15x. Obviously, the first two only take one turn. The boosts also ware off after 5 turns.

Etc.: Primeape cannot faint itself with this attack. If Primeape cannot pay for the health loss in full, it will stay at 1% (unless it was attacked during the increase) and it will NOT gain the FULL boost. Primeape has 4 points to spend(not literal points.) 5x costs 1 point, allowing for 4 uses, 10x costs 2 points, 15x costs 3, and 20x costs all 4. Primeape gains no fatigue, as Ki is the lifeforce and therefore it would be silly for Primeape to burn his life energy while focusing and increasing it. No Fatigue is lost, or gained.

Type: Fighting | Accuracy: N/A | Damage:N/A | Increases Speed, Attack power, and Reflexes(not dodging, but how fast the move is pulled off) but loses health. The increments(5x, 10x, 15x, 20x) are not literal multipliers, they just boost his stats(5x - one level, 10x one and a half, 15x - 2 levels, 20x Doubled) but the HP boost can be an incredible handicap.
4 "points" to spend among boosts.
5x - 1 point
10x - 2 points
15x - 3 points
20x - 4 points
Without the required number of points(which DON'T regenerate unless Primeape is somehow revived), Primeape cannot do the boost.
No fatigue is incurred or lost.

Ultimate Charizard
24th May 2003, 04:09 PM
Sorry, been kinda busy lately.

Since at the request of mike.....

Charizard Stand in front of Primeape while it powers up

Use Reflect to block any special attacks, and Counter to deal damage back on any Physical attacks.

Flamethrower on them if they try to keep their distance.

Refect/Counter/Flamethrower ~ Refect/Counter/Flamethrower ~ Refect/Counter/Flamethrower

Don't Run With Scizors
24th May 2003, 04:33 PM
You know, there's a VERY good reason why we try not to let such sig moves leave the Approval Tower.

Adding a 20x boost to all physical attacks will cause all attacks that deal more than 5% ordinarily to be an automatic OHKO, since 20 * 5% = 100%. The merest tap from the same Primeape is just about enough to set off damage caps.

And even if you didn't mean this interpretation, what it's supposed to do exactly is NOT defined AT ALL in the sig text. So you can guarantee that this sig is going to be destroyed by the time the battle's over.

But until then... when your Primeape completes Kaio-Ken, Amber here will Psych Up all its benefits without having to waste a whole round setting up or losing 50% health, and then you will realize just how overpowered your Sig Move is as each Slash takes off 40% each round (with Damage Caps on, of course).

While UC's Charizard makes an attempt to defend your Primeape, Pneu'sis will set up a medium-sized Substitute. (At this point, RP, Amber should do the same.) Amber should also distract the Charizard with her Substitute while she Hypnotizes him, and Pneu'sis will walk AROUND the Charizard and launch a Sludge Bomb at Primeape, then a Thunderbolt at the Charizard.

Pneu'sis: Substitute (medium), Sludge Bomb (Primeape), Thunderbolt (Charizard)

Suggested orders for Amber: Substitute (medium), Hypnosis (Charizard), Psych Up (Primeape's Kaio-Ken)

The Muffin Man
24th May 2003, 06:45 PM
It's not 20x. It says that. And go ahead. You'll gain no defense. And wanna take a guess at who has the higher speed rating, both by stats and by build? I'm gonna guess the pig monkey. Go ahead. Psyche Up. But when just remember you don't get defense, and a Cross Chop is gonna do QUITE a bit of damage.

EDIT - And RP, I'd be QUITE insulted. DRWS doesn't think high enough of you to let you make your own decision. Looks like he'll be fighting this battle for you.

Cyrus
24th May 2003, 08:13 PM
If you still need a Ref, I will ref this.

Moltrecuno
24th May 2003, 08:41 PM
*walks in* I was requested to be the ref of this battle a few days ago... O_o;;

Charler: Yeah and she was too lazy to post *rolleyes*

Charler... You know how many times you could've died since I joined the ASB.

Charler: I know its a lot :D

-_-;; Anyway.... Am I the ref or is Cyrus? If I am, I'm going to have the reffing up in two hours or so.

~M~

Ultimate Charizard
24th May 2003, 08:46 PM
Molty id prefer u ref this, u have got a 'slight' experience advantage over Cyrus as a Ref.....as for the 2 hour i promise, i think were still waiting for Reptillius Pyrus to post attacks, unless those that DRWS posted were RP's attacks.

Moltrecuno
24th May 2003, 09:20 PM
*reads topic* Well.... it shows how much it sucks when you speed read. I didn't know RP didn't post her attacks. ^_^;;;

Um DRWS... please don't suggest attacks for RP to use in the same post of your attacks. I know you can't IM her and stuff, but I just have that feeling that is similar when a ref is being influenced. Not a very good feeling at all. I also know that the battlers aren't very happy about you doing that either. Please edit your post to remove those.

Also, I want it to be clear to all the battlers that I dislike being told in how attacks work(especially in how you're opponent's attacks work). Doing stuff like that does influence a ref. If that happens, I do tend to not ref for over a week at a time. So be careful in what you post because when stuff like that happens, I can ensure you that you won't have a very nice ref for the rest of the battle. x_o;; *thinks of adding that as a disclaimer in my reffing contract* heh eh heh...

~M~

Reptilius Pyrus
24th May 2003, 10:36 PM
Um... DRWS, I'd prefer it if you sent your "Suggested Attacks" to my email. Thanks.

Oh, and I forgot about this, but I do have an IRC sn. It's ReptiliusPyrus, but the only place I ever go is the Pokemasters chat room.

Amber, go ahead and make a Substitute. Then, use Extra, Extra, followed by Psych Up.

Substitute (Medium) - Extra, Extra - Psych Up

Meowth (F)
Nickname: Amber
Signature Move: Extra, Extra. On Amber's next round, she may use an additional move, meaning she has 4 move slots. One time use.
Type: Normal | Accuracy: 85% | Damage: 0% | 1 extra move slot next round. |

Charizard04621
24th May 2003, 10:39 PM
Suggesting attacks this way seems to be his only way of communication... If he had any other options, I would be willing to bet that he would use them. I don't think he's trying to be offensive or pushy.

***[EDIT]: Hmm, seems Reptilius Pyrus has an e-mail address... Well, there you go, DRWS. A better way of communication that doesn't involve people snapping at you for silly reasons.***

You see, communicating with your partner is an essential part of playing in a Tag Team Battle... Otherwise, there is no synergy, and no synchronization.

Suggestions for attacks are simply that - suggestions. They are not binding. Partners can ignore them for all they care.

The thing about good partners is that they give each other suggestions and consider them without taking any offense. It's essential to make a team work.

It gets better when you learn to accustom yourself with your partner's mind and their ways of thinking... Then you really get into rhythm, and you make an awesome team.

Prodigy wouldn't get angry if I suggested for him to do something in a battle... Heck, we both throw tons of suggestions at each other in Tag Teams, and take turns slapping them around, even. Suggestions, although they have some worth, really aren't hugely... how should I say it? Set in stone.

I think DRWS is just aiming for that kind of partnership with Reptilius Pyrus... It's not like he's commanding her(you're a her, right?) to do anything. He's just throwing out suggestions as to what may work. If she likes his suggestions, so be it. She may come up with something better, in which case she can certainly modify her attack commands, or even use a whole set of new ones, if she prefers.

Really, I don't see what the fuss is all about. It's not like Reptilius Pyrus is going to be thrown into a dungeon if she decides that DRWS's suggestions are not the best course of action some time in the battle.

Syberia
24th May 2003, 10:58 PM
Teresa, if you feel you are as easily "influenced" as you claim, then it is clear you have no form of backbone whatsoever and do not deserve the position of approved referee. There is a simple solution to so-called "referee influence;" just don't let it get to you. Ref the way you want to, and don't let the battlers order you around.

Moltrecuno
24th May 2003, 11:41 PM
I know you're trying to be helpful Syberia, but what you said in the first part of that post was a slap in the face for me. A very hard slap. I guess I didn't have a backbone for reffing for who knows how long huh...

I do skip posts once I see something that talks about how an attack works and sometimes I end up misreading the whole topic due to that. I do get comments from other battlers in past battles I've reffed saying that I didn't ref the attack right. Mainly because it didn't work out as they described it to me. One time I felt so guilty after I reffed an attack to someone's description since it costed someone a battle. That is why I said that. I guess I put too much heart and thinking in this reffing stuff and I should freakin' stop since its no longer working....

*looks around* Oh. .__.;; Uh...heh.

Charler: Ignore her rambling. No one ever listens anyway...

-_-;;; Thanks Charler...

Charler: Go back to your wittle robot girl mode :D

>_o;;; *falls anime style*

I'm sorry battlers, but I cannot ref your battle tonight for I don't have enough time. :(

~M~

Ultimate Charizard
29th May 2003, 01:52 PM
Im sorry to do this but im sure we all have other battles we could be using this slot for and this has been waiting long enough.

I have forfeited although since we havent had round 1 there is no real loss.

The Muffin Man
29th May 2003, 06:27 PM
It's technically not a loss, because we didn't even start. So DRWS is once again kept from his oh-so-familiar winning outside of battling.

and attack suggestions are fine. It's cheap to suggest attacks for a specific reason. if they don't neccasarily think of the strategy, it should be their own fault.