PDA

View Full Version : UC's Volcano Challenge

Ultimate Charizard
19th May 2003, 09:13 PM
A 2v2 challenge with a twist. Set on top of a Volcano, only Rock/Ground/Fire types are allowed
1 pokemon out at a time

DQ:1 Week
You choose First i attack first.

Arena: A flattened arena in the side of a Volcano. Steam jets and Geysers litter the side of the arena. Very hot only those that can withstand high temps can battle here.

Jarreddo
19th May 2003, 09:17 PM
Claiming the ref position. Woohoo, go me, eh?

Ultimate Charizard
20th May 2003, 04:19 PM
Noone wants to challenge me?

The Muffin Man
20th May 2003, 07:30 PM
Alright, Blaze, GO!*Male Charizard*

Ultimate Charizard
20th May 2003, 07:55 PM
A Charizard, fair enough......ill use my Charizard (m)

Start with a basic Flamethrower and use Swords Dance while its Distracted.

Finish up with Toxic.

If he tries to physically attack you use Counter

The Muffin Man
21st May 2003, 02:59 PM
Alright Blaze, give it a Fire Blast to force back it's Flamethrower!! Then fly up and pelt it with Embers as it Dances. Finally, when it uses Toxic, use a widespread Flamethrower to incinerate the toxins before they touch!

Ultimate Charizard
22nd May 2003, 11:34 AM
Any time your ready Jarreddo ;)

Jarreddo
23rd May 2003, 02:10 AM
Sorry, I've been stuck without internet for a couple days... Hopefully won't happen again, but I can't make any promises.

---~=Muffin Man vs Ultimate Charizard- Begin Part I Round I=~---

--~=Volcano slope-Normal=~--

--~=Charizard-M Charizard-100%-Fine=~--
-~=Flamethrower, Sword Dance, Toxic=~-

--~=Blaze-M Charizard-100%-Fine=~--
-~=Fire Blast, Ember, Flamethrower=~-

Two creatures stand, face to face, snorting defiantly... Their hulking, muscular bodies mirror the setting they stand in perfectly. Their rough, leathery skin reflects the sulfuric side of the mountain they stand on, and the trails of smoke from their nostrils weave their way up in to the plume coming from the top of the mountain. Their fiery eyes, full of resolve, mirror the pool of red-hot magma visible at the summit. As a deep rumble erupts from the top of the mountain and the stone shakes slightly, the two titans of fire roar loudly and begin the battle.

At first they hardly move at all, besides bracing themselves in their battle stances. However, this turns out to be because their energies are being focused inside. Curling their lips back and baring their fangs, they sit there for several seconds as flames build up on the insides of their mouths. The intense red fumes flicker out between their pearly teeth, getting to the point where it really must sting the eyes. Then, the beasts swing their jaws open and unleash their attacks simultaneously. The blasts, one a stream of constant flame and the other a five-pronged shape formed of the same flame, collide in mid-air between them. As the two attacks mix and shove at eachother, it becomes obvious which is stronger... The dense form of fire pushes the stream back slowly but surely. But then, the advantage of a constant assault becomes evident. Still pushing forth his long stream of flame, the one opposite Blaze eventually overcomes the other projectile as his attack finishes its course. The last of the stream, heading unobstructed towards its target, misses by far as the advantage of the other kind of attack presents itself... The other Pokemon noticed its disadvantage and was given ample time to move out of the way.

Once again, the two find themselves standing several meters apart, with an empty "no man's land" between them. But this time, the unnamed Charizard breaks the silence first... And begins dancing. Performing a rough, clashing dance that seems vaguely like an impression of battle, he fills himself with the spirit of combat and prepares to give his best with his next attacks. However, Blaze takes advantage of this time... Jumping in to the air, the somewhat draconic creature coughs up several red-hot embers that rain down on the rocky earth below. Blaze's victim cries out as several of the chunks of hot ash strike his skin, but he is used to the heat and isn't damaged that badly.

And now it's his turn... Seeming to choke for a moment, the unnamed Charizard coughs up a putrid globule of greenish-brown ooze that hurtles through the air... However, Blaze is quick to react and fires out a quick burst of flames, easily encompassing the sphere... But this turns out to be a mistake. Hey, chemicals are unpredictable like that. So now, instead of a flying ball of toxic chemicals, a flaming, flying ball of toxic chemicals lands on Blaze's shoulder and sits there for a while, melting on to his skin. Crying out in pain, the hulking creature claws at his hide... But he eventually gives up trying to make the burning go away, and returns his attention to the battle.

---~=Muffin Man vs Ultimate Charizard-End Part I Round I=~---

--~=Blaze-M Charizard-90%-A little tired, badly poisoned=~--

--~=Charizard-M Charizard-95%-Kinda tired=~--

The Muffin Man
23rd May 2003, 08:35 PM
Alright Charizard, give it a Slash! Then, use Rage x2!! The damage from the poison should drive you deeper into your rage!

Ultimate Charizard
24th May 2003, 02:12 PM
Ok then, Counter the slash and then use one fo your own. Finish up with Seismic Toss

Counter ~ Slash ~ Seismic Toss

Jarreddo
25th May 2003, 09:57 PM
Oooh, just noticed, left out the Swords Dance in the end-of-round stats for the last round... Sorry about that.

---~=Muffin Man vs Ultimate Charizard-Begin Part I Round II=~---

--~=Blaze-M Charizard-90%-A little tired, badly poisoned=~--
-~=Slash-Rage-Rage=~-

--~=Charizard-M Charizard-95%-Kinda tired, feeling skilled=~--
-~=Counter, Slash, Seismic Toss=~-

Crouching down in preparation for a nice little dash, Blaze growls and then charges forwards, lifting his clawed arms readily. But as he reaches his opponent and swings his arm as hard as he can, the other agile Charizard sidesteps, gripping Blaze's arm with both deadly hands. Pushing all his strength in to his arms, the unnamed behemoth pulls off a move that one would think such a beast would have the finesse for... Flipping his opponent in to the air, he slams Blaze down in to the ground using his own momentum against him.

Groaning, the draconic creature which actually has a name climbs to his feet. That really, really pissed him off... He is NOT happy. And once he's finally standing up, three long, jagged claws are dragged across his chest, drawing quite a bit of blood... So he snaps. Blaze's opponent is in the middle of a second downward swing with his other arm when he is stopped suddenly. He glances down to find his victim, the one he was beating freely on, holding on to his limbs with surprising strength. And then Blaze leans in closely, a fiery rage blazing in his glaring eyes... And suddenly, the flame of Blaze's tail slams in to the other's back, scalding the skin over a large area. Cringing in pain, the unnamed one lets his guard down and then regrets it... Shoving his head forward, Blaze slams his skull in to the other's, gloating coldly as his victim falls to the ground in a daze.

And now it's the nameless one's turn to climb to his feet... Holding his forehead in pain, he finally manages to steady himself and looks for his opponent. Luckily for him, Blaze has chosen to be polite, and is standing several feet away flexing his razor-sharp claws. Seeing his opportunity, UC's Charizard jumps in to the air... Flying several meters up, he dives down, curling his wings in to move faster. Beneath him, his target readies his claws for an attack... But the flying one has other plans. Twisted in midair, he moves his course over to one side quickly and lands roughly on the ground directly behind the one with a name. Reaching out, he wraps his arms around the upper torso of the other Charizard, grinning. However, Blaze's rage is once again unleashed... Lashing out with all his limbs, he catches his captor by surprise, elbowing him in the ribs and catching him in the shin with a hindclaw. As the nameless one stumbles backwards in pain, Blaze grins triumphantly and begins feeling better about himself.

---~=Muffin Man vs Ultimate Charizard-End Part I Round II=~---

--~=Blaze-M Charizard-60%-Rather tired, badly poisoned, not angry any more=~--

--~=Charizard-M Charizard-65%-Pretty tired, burnt, out of breath=~--

Ultimate Charizard
25th May 2003, 10:12 PM
Good Work Charizard, lets keep it up.

Start off with Double Team and follow up with Rock Slide. After that use FireSpin to trap it.

The Muffin Man
26th May 2003, 12:43 AM
Alright Blaze, first clear away those clones with Swift. Next, prepare to knock back those Rocks twice as hard. Finally, stamp your feet and start an Earthquake to disrupt the fire.

Moltrecuno
1st June 2003, 03:52 PM
Whee.... I was asked to ref this battle. ^_^ I won't use my pwetty reffing format, but I will use the format that I used when I first started to ref in my life. XP

Ultimate Charizard vs. The Muffin Man

Arena: Volcano slope-Normal

Blaze- 60%, Rather tired, badly poisoned, not angry any more

Charizard- 65%, Pretty tired, burnt, out of breath

Battle

Orders
UC: Double Team - Rock Slide - Fire Spin
TMM: Swift - Knock Back Rocks(Counter) - Earthquake

Trainers give their orders and the pokemon went off battling each other again.

Charizard gives a crying roar and starts to glow. He waves his claw to the side and in an instant, three clones appear around him. Blaze gives a snarl and holds up one of his claws as if he was holding something. Blaze gives a roar and a small sphere of light showed in his claw. He flaps his wing and it blows bright stars of light right at Charizard. The stars hit the clones and Charizard. Charizard didn't mind the attack much, but he was disappointed that his clones disappeared so fast.

Charizard looks at the side of the volcano then at Blaze who was standing right next to the slope. Charizard gives a smirk. Looks like he has an idea. Charizard suddenly gives the loudest roar anyone has ever heard. Dang my ears hurt. *sweatdrops* The rocks and boulders on the slope start to vibrate and rumble from the sound wave. The rocks and boulders then tumbled down with a roaring sound right down on Blaze. Blaze glares up at the falling boulders. With a roar, Blaze starts to glow and counters the falling boulders. The boulders are knocked to the side and right into Charizard. Damn that Charizard is strong. When the sliding of rocks stopped, there was drops of sweat showing on Blaze's face from punching away all those rocks.

Charizard seized this opportunity to heat things up a bit. Sort of speak. Charizard gives a cry and sends out a streaming flame that blazed on the ground like a huge fuse right at Blaze. Blaze wasn't fast enough to react and was trapped in a ring of fire. This didn't bother Blaze that much but it did make him feel hotter after doing his previous move. Blaze seems to just ignore the attack and not do anything.

Status

Arena: Volcano slope-Normal

Blaze- 45%, Rather tired, badly poisoned, in a ring of fire

Charizard- 54%, Very tired, burnt, out of breath, content

Edit: Whee? ^_^;

Ultimate Charizard
16th June 2003, 03:50 PM
Can a ref please step in and DQ my opponent please.

Ive waitied a couple of days after the week DQ limit passed and the ref is currently away so can someone please end this?

Syberia
16th June 2003, 04:41 PM
The Muffin Man is now DQ'ed. Couldn't you do this yourself, UC? Just declare DQ and get yourself a prize next time.

Ultimate Charizard
16th June 2003, 04:47 PM
thanks Syb, sorry wasnt sure on the rules lol, thought a ref had to declare the battle closed etc.

Ill take my money and also capture a Phanpy(m)

The Muffin Man
16th June 2003, 06:41 PM
Or, you know, TELL ME THE BATTLE WAS REFFED!!!

And DRWS calls ME underhanded? Damn, UC. We talk almost every night and you'd rather not risk LOSING to get an easy win.

Ultimate Charizard
16th June 2003, 06:52 PM
Dude, i told you Molty was going to ref for us? I thought u checked on here?