PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Matrix

Razola
19th May 2003, 11:05 PM
Has anyone gotten this yet? It's a very solid game, and it's rare to see movies and video games blend together nicely. This game is an excellent example of how movie games should be made.

PNT510
19th May 2003, 11:51 PM
The game isn't that great. I rented it for XBox. It's not bad also one of the best games based off a movie, but if it didn't have the matrix name on it the game would be nothing special.

woz
20th May 2003, 11:19 AM
i heard from numerous sources that it sucked...doesn't look too good from what i've seen of it on tv...i was going to download it, but 4 CDs was too much for a game i didn't think looked good.

dienamight
20th May 2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by woz
i heard from numerous sources that it sucked...doesn't look too good from what i've seen of it on tv...i was going to download it, but 4 CDs was too much for a game i didn't think looked good.

Ditto.

Razola
20th May 2003, 10:50 PM
Graphically it's acceptable, but the gameplay is top-notch. I reccomend you at least try it. They definitely put a lot of work into it, rather than slap "Matrix" on a piece of crap and sell a million copies. I hope Enter the Matrix starts a trend in movie games.

dracox
21st May 2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Raz
I hope Enter the Matrix starts a trend in movie games.

From what i have heard, i hope to god it does not.

Razola
21st May 2003, 12:24 AM
Why not rent it rather than judge things from what you've heard? Or is that 5 bucks such a hit on the wallet?

Honestly, other than perhaps Star Wars, I can't think of any recent movie games that come close to Enter the Matrix in terms of...well...ANYTHING. This isn't idle fanboy talk, I can honestly say this game is worth a look at the least. The fact it was this good surprised me.

Ultimate Charizard
21st May 2003, 10:33 AM
Ive played it and it is very decent. The Aiming mode in the sniper/driving levels is a little dodgy but the rest is top notch. I completed it on easy with Ghost and was a little dissapointed with the ending but i liked the way it merged movie/cgi/game so easily.

Very nice game, id consider buying it if i had the spare cash.
I only had to cheat once ;)

When you only rent it for two days getting stuck on one sub boss can really drop your value for money.....it was only a helicopter too.

The camera was a bit dodgy though, more than once i got stuck down a dead end alley with 3 Agents. U know your in trouble when they start throwing you round like a football!

dienamight
21st May 2003, 10:39 AM
Gamespot reviews are up... 6's all around.

Razola
21st May 2003, 12:16 PM
75% average on Gamerankings (http://www.gamerankings.com). Of course, I never trust the ratings too much, and I despise Gamespot, with their rip-off exclusive content and harsh rating system. Just check the Player Rating at Gamespot. The average was 8 when I last checked.

Arctic A
22nd May 2003, 04:41 PM
I just got it recently for the PC....4 Cds, 2.5 gigs of HD space, it's pretty damn big...but i think it's worth it. Here's A_A's mini-review!

PROS:
- The Focus mode (Some of the Stunts are awesome...nothing like quickly grabbing an enemy, flinging them over ya shoulder and shooting them with their own gun..har har....)
- Excellent Kung-Fu (You get to spar with Trinity! That's one of my favourite parts...)
- Excellent Story, with plenty of movie - quality cutscenes made by the Wachowskis themselves....
- Nice GFX on the Character's faces (Not so impressive elsewhere..)
- Cool Hacking mode where you can unlock extra stuff, such as the Multiplayer Duels (Though that's only on consoles, as far as i know.) and a nice sword.
- Excellent sound and music
- Driving is fun. Heheh...

CONS -
- Dodgey Sniping system
- Gets a bit choppy on the PC at times
- Perhaps a bit too easy
- GFX Glitches in a few places, and the Ingame engine cutscences sometimes look really, really awful. (They're ok most of the time though.)
- Pathetic textures in some places - (Look at the Sniper Rifle in the cutscene on the Powerplant Level...blergh...)
- When playing as Ghost, Niobe's driving AI is Sh*t sometimes (The 'Twins In Persuit' Level, for instance....-
- The Hovercraft levels are too short and ultimately unsatisfying.

In all...i'd say it's well worth a go. I think it'll only be truely appreciated by fans of the Matrix, though.