PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] how did you turn a pokeball into a pseudomasterball

Profesor_Rod
21st May 2003, 03:28 PM
I know that the published tricks don´t work but i remember one that really worked, but I forgeted. It took something with the control pad and the ab buttons. When you launch the pokeball, it makes contact with the poke and the pokeball don´t bounce even once. It was hard to make the trick work, but it does. Since in GSC the trick doesn´t worked i forgoted it and now i try to remember and nothing more cames.
The trick is hard to get work but with practice it used to be easy after all. IT WORKED 100% OF THE TIME IF YOU CAN MAKE THE SEQUENCE IN TIME.

Somebody can help me?

Charizard04621
21st May 2003, 03:44 PM
They said it was either Up+B or Down+B, but I don't quite believe it, as I've never gotten it to actually work. It's easy to say "Oh, this trick is really hard, and if you don't manage to do it, it's because you don't know how to time it", because no one can prove that false, but my opinion is don't waste your time. Go for the Missingno. trick instead to duplicate real Master Balls if you have the Red or Blue Versions. Pity Missingno. doesn't appear in Yellow, though.

MetalScyther
21st May 2003, 03:45 PM
I have no clue.

The trick I used wasn't an automatic catch, but it greatly increased the odds of catching for me. I would hold down the b button(sometimes switch back and forth with a), and keep pressing the d-pad down, left, up, and then lright, over and over.

Worked great.

[Edit] It worked so good for me I could catch a mewtwo with a great ball at 100% health parylized(and only 3 great balls or so). Granted, I've heard of people using pokeballs to get him and such, but mostly you want to be usng ultraballs, so the trick worked great for me.

Profesor_Rod
22nd May 2003, 12:30 PM
Yes, I know that the missingno. trick can multiply masterballs, but I want the trick so i can post it in my webpage. I have searched in the net and nothing, tried all tricks that are similar but... no results. Well, maybe i was alucinating... oh. But my eyes can decieve me... maybe.
Thanks, I leave the search.

Porygon X
28th May 2003, 04:57 AM
I think this is what you mean...

Exactly when the ball appears on the screen, press and hold up+B. The ball will bounce, though, but it will catch it.

I caught Mewtwo with a PokéBall without lowering its HP or anything, so it does work.

Zapdos too.

123LTJ
29th May 2003, 09:51 PM
The one I've always used... hit Start just as the ball releases, then A, then B just as the ball hits.

choknater
1st June 2003, 01:54 AM
I don't believe in those codes. Beat the Elite 4 a trillion times, buy a lot of balls, toss 'em all. I'd recommend the Stadium Dodrio GameBoy, for this is very time consuming, but works for me.

I still use the old trick of pressing and holding A once the ball exploded. Still works, I guess... maybe... once in a while...

TurdFerguson
2nd June 2003, 12:11 AM
All those "hold this and that and the other direction" things are all psychological in my opinion. You do it once and get a catch and are like "omg it works so cool" and continue to do it thinking it helps when in reality it does nothing.

I used to hold B and Up everytime I tossed one out of habit. After a while I realized it didn't do jack to help, but it was kinda a ritual at the point so I continued to do so, for good luck. =P

Mr.E
2nd June 2003, 03:21 PM
I join your custom title in saying OMG FISH WTF!

Feelingsad
3rd June 2003, 12:16 AM
I try to jump on the bandwagon by saying OMG MRE WTF!

Porygon X
4th June 2003, 01:12 AM
I used to hold B and Up everytime I tossed one out of habit. After a while I realized it didn't do jack to help, but it was kinda a ritual at the point so I continued to do so, for good luck.

I know I sound like some n00b who tries to prove fake codes true, but the up+B works for me everytime, unless I press it too soon or too late. And my cart is not hacked or anything. I've tried it on other people's carts too and it works on all of them. (3 Red, 2 Blue)

I'm not sure if it works on yellow, but I will try it out right now.

Porygon X
4th June 2003, 01:39 AM
(YELLOW)Ok, I bought some Poké Balls and went to Unknown Dungeon. I caught 4 Pokés with 2-3 Poké Balls, using the up+B trick. It's a lot harder to do the timing on an emulator, but I will try it on my Yellow cart when I get home.

Profesor_Rod
6th June 2003, 12:01 PM
Yes. I press the B button when I throw a ball. It's more than an habit or ritual, its reflect. And when it goes to bounce I concentrete in the ball and nothing more. If it explodes, I go crazy and throw another and hit the control the fastest I can. Sure looks I am desesperated:P .

Well. I still can't remember what thing did i do. But I think it have something like a secuence with the D-Pad and (yes) hold some buttons. But may be I alucinated that the ball don't bounced, and thats the fact that surprises me. I used an emulator when I proved that trick on the red version. My computer don't hang up and slowed the frame rate, I did the trick 3 or 4 times because it's easier to do a missingo trick and get more than 100 Masterball, but it stills was strange.

Well, if it isn't in pokemasters. May be that was just a dream:confused:

TeleFox
27th June 2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by TurdFerguson
I used to hold B and Up everytime I tossed one out of habit. After a while I realized it didn't do jack to help, but it was kinda a ritual at the point so I continued to do so, for good luck. =P [/B]

Old habits die hard; I still do this even in Ru/Sa, it's kind of like a good luck charm ^-^