PDA

View Full Version : Challenge

VampiricCrobat
21st May 2003, 03:43 PM
this is a challenge to anybody, i'm hoping for a clean fight (just kidding :D ).

its a 1 Vs 1 battle
you pick first i attack first.

arena: the normal indigo stadion.

ref: anybody (i'm hoping for someone thats online a lot, atleast every 2 days) :P hehehe

DQ: 2 days

b.t.w: 3de evolutions are banned!!! i don't make a chance against those big titans :rolleyes:

Pandemik
21st May 2003, 03:58 PM
Haven't battled in awhile.
I'll accept your challenge if you accept my acceptance.

I'll send forth Penny, my female Spinarak!

The Muffin Man
21st May 2003, 06:12 PM
I'll ref this for ya

VampiricCrobat
21st May 2003, 11:15 PM
perfect, I have a ref and an opponent :D

so, a spinarak. in that case go PSYCHO......!!!!!

a male abra popped out of it.

Psycho "Need me again :rolleyes: , thats the third thime thise month"

yep, but this time i really need you

Psycho "sure........"

start with a substitute, around 20%. then use a thunderwave untill he is paralyzed. then when hes paralyzed use a nice fire punch on his face.

Substitutions:
if he try's to double team, use a rain dance to clear them up (use only on 2 and 3 slot)

substitute 20% ~ thunderwave / rain dance ~ thunderwave / raindance / fire punch

Pandemik
22nd May 2003, 03:39 PM
First I'd like to thank Muffin Man for reffing this.

Second, Penny, I want you to use Safeguard while Psycho is setting up its Substitute. This should give you ample protection from Thunder Wave for now.
While it's Thunder Waving, try to String Shot it into place. If it still comes at you for Fire Punch, try to intimidate it by using your super Scary Face(no offense).

Stand strong and don't take mercy for an answer!

The Muffin Man
22nd May 2003, 06:29 PM
ROUND 1...BEGIN!!

This battle is underway!! Abra and Spinarak take their positions, staring each other down. Spinarak clicks her feelers as a shield springs up, just as Abra's Substitute springs to life with about a quarter of Abra's life. Spinarak snaps it's feelers, while Abra attempts a Thunderwave. The Safeguard easily absorbs the energy and dissipates it. Spinaraks sneaky little smile grows sinister as she begins to spin and fire a string of webbing, wrapping Abras legs up tight!! Abra growls and continues his Thunderwave assault, which, due to his orders, he is forced to continue. Finally, Spinaraks webbing has wrapped up Abras legs, allowing for NO movement...

Abra - 80% Health, sub at full, legs are immobile.

Spinarak - 100% Safeguard up for 3 turns. Feelin' good.

Pandemik
23rd May 2003, 02:25 PM
Excellent work Penny! Now that Psycho's immobile, we can really get to work.
Start off with a Poison Sting, I want to check out this Sub of his and see what I can do about it.
Use another Poison Sting to see if you can break through it, but make sure you don't rip through your previous String Shot. Finally, I want you to move away into a corner of the arena; my purpose will become clear.

If Psycho tries to attack you, simply use Scary Face to try and deter it. If it breaks through your string, fire another another String Shot at it. If it Double Teams, clear away as many as possible with Swift.

Poison Sting/Scary Face/String Shot/Swift
Poison Sting/Scary Face/String Shot/Swift
move to a corner

VampiricCrobat
23rd May 2003, 03:48 PM
*smiles* he made a mistake :P

Psycho "yes, and now we will punish her for that"

we don't need our legs to attack, we use the power of the mind.

oké, don't worry about the sub because i'm sure it will survive 2 poisen sting attacks. lets do some nice damage with our super effective psychic attack. we will slam the crap out of Penny. now for your third move, use another psychic attack and make sure he doesn't get the distance she needs.

psychic 3x

Psycho "lets kick her @$$!!!"

watch your language Psycho

Elec Man EXE
24th May 2003, 10:27 AM
Not to be mean to anyone or anything, but I feel the need to intervene to say that Spinarak cannot learn Safeguard. At all. Not even in RS. So, yah.

VampiricCrobat
24th May 2003, 11:00 AM
thanks elec man :D ,

that meens i demand a re-reffing from you Tmm.........

Pandemik
24th May 2003, 12:12 PM
oops.
Sorry, I should double check next time I use an attack that doesn't sound natural for the Poké at hand.

Go ahead and re-ref that part, it's only fair, but given the circumstances, could we take back our second round orders so that they may apply to whatever's going to happen in round one?

VampiricCrobat
24th May 2003, 12:40 PM
i guess so Pandemik, :( ................

lets hope TMM can post our first round soon, so we can begin the second alllll readyyyyyy. :P

Pandemik
28th May 2003, 02:23 PM
I hope you haven't forgotten about us Muffin Man. I can understand if you're busy, but you could at least notify us as to when you plan on finishing the reffing.

VampiricCrobat
29th May 2003, 06:24 AM
no no no no!!!!

i asked for a ref thats online a lot, atleast every 2 days

and TMM you didn't post a thing for a week. and your reffing ain't that good either (a spinarak using safeguard......?).

i guess i have to find a new ref thats online atleast every 2 days (AND IF HE'S GONE, ATLEAST POST THAT HE'S GONE).

b.t.w tmm, your fired

VampiricCrobat
30th May 2003, 03:28 PM
isn't anybody interrested to ref this battle.......... please....? Anybody.......?

Cyrus
2nd June 2003, 10:43 PM
VC requested I re ref round one of this match and continue as ref, assuming Pandemilk doesn’t object I will ref this. I will attempt to ref within two days, but I might not achieve that every time... TMM, maybe you shouldn't offer to ref and save us both some time.

VampiricCrobat vs. Pandemilk

Round 1:

Prebattle Stats:

Penny (Spinarak, F): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)
Psycho: (Abra, M): 100% (HP) 100% (Energy)

Commands:

Penny: Safeguard ~ String Shot ~ Scary Face
Psycho: Substitute (20%) ~ Thunder Wave ~ Fire Punch

Battle:

As this battle starts a second time, the first was a false start, the two pokemon face again with a minor twinge of dejavu. Psycho again forges a life like decoy with pain staking care, working with such effort as to focus a full twenty percent of his life force into the doll. Where as Penny attempts to ward herself from coming down with any lasting illness or penalties. Yet the gestures and words to generate the ward are unknown to the small spider. Cursing her luck and her visions of what should be, the spider is left defenseless.

The two opponents face off again, or at least that is what Penny believes due to a mental compulsion to believe the decoy is the real target. As the spider spins his silk lines to ensnare her opponent with, Psycho prepares an electrical charge to strike his arachnid opponent with. The spider spins her web and catches her opponent’s decoy in her silky confines. The spider reacts gleefully until she is struck from her left by twin lines of electricity. The spider’s muscles spasm and relax uncontrollably, wracking her with pain as her eight paws pound the ground. Psycho laughs as the spider crumples to the ground, thrashing wildly in pain. Penny doesn’t find it extremely difficult to mold her visage into a terrifying scene, her uncontrolled spasms are sufficient to generate the desired appearance, and she simply had to stare into her opponent’s oddly unfocused eyes. Yet she is confused for a moment as the back of her a brutal blow from a fist of similar proportions as her opponent scorches her thorax.

Post battle Stats:

Penny (Spinarak, F): 80% (HP) 90% (Energy) | Paralyzed (35% chance of noting being able to perform attack)
Psycho: (Abra, M): 80% (HP) 80% (Energy) | Substitute Active (20% health | ensnared in silk)

Pandemik
3rd June 2003, 07:24 PM
I don't mind, I'm rather glad someone decided to take over. Thanks Cyrus.

Uh oh, I'll try not to make that mistake again.

Penny, stay in that spot and cover the ground around you with a String Shot to trap any further melee attacks from Psycho.

Next give it a Screech, shouldn't require too much muscle to do that save your vocal chords.

Finally, hurl a Sludge Bomb at it.

If it still tries to come in at you, latch on for a Leech Life.

String Shot - Screech - Sludge Bomb/Leech Life

VampiricCrobat
4th June 2003, 12:47 AM
thanks for the reffing Cyrus :)

now lets kick his ... Psycho
first i want you to cocoon penny. How you say, very simple. use your psychic powers to levitate him, then slam/roll him into his own String Shot. then when he's cocooned we shouldn't have much trouble with that screech because the cocoon should block the sound waves. for your second move use a sunny day to give your last move a boost. then burn the crap out of the cocoon with the host in it of course with your firepunch.

Psychic ~ Sunny day ~ fire punch

Psycho "lets burn the little spider"

Cyrus
4th June 2003, 06:54 PM
Round 2:

Prebattle Stats:

Penny (Spinarak, F): 80% (HP) 90% (Energy) | Paralyzed (35% chance of noting being able to perform attack)
Psycho: (Abra, M): 80% (HP) 80% (Energy) | Substitute Active (20% health | ensnared in silk)

Commands:

Penny: String Shot ~ Screech ~ Sludge bomb / Leech life
Psycho: Psychic ~ Sunny Day ~ Fire Punch

Battle:

As this match continues, neither of the pokemon can claim a sense of dejavu of the outcome of the remainder of the battle. The arachnid prepares a rather unique plan, to surround herself with silk to avoid her opponent’s attempts to strike her. Her silky spray covers the ground around her in a light covering of the adhesive compound. Her malicious opponent isn’t comfortable with having her creating a barrier to prevent him from reaching her to physically pummel her. The obviously psychotic abra forces his opponent into the silky puddles surrounding her. Continuing to apply his psionic might to her extremely susceptible body, Penny is harshly rolled through the adhesive substance coating the arena floor. Yet to Psycho’s horror, the substance doesn’t cling to the fury spider. Spiders don’t stick to spider silk, it is how they are able to walk along it. Cursing the existence of background knowledge, the Abra is still pleased to have inflicted some damage in the ruff handling the spider was forced to suffer.

Turning to the slightly over cast sky, the spoon-less psychic closes his eyes and begins the task of clearing the sky of clouds there by reducing the humidity. Yet as the abra focuses on clearing the sky, the spider emits a high-pitched wail that a banshee would be envious of. The pain of being forced to listen to the wail is sufficient to shatter his precious concentration. While a large portion of the clouds were removed and the humidity dropped significantly the full effects wasn’t achieved.

The easily annoyed abra charges his arachnid opponent, left paw raised high as he generates an intense heat. Using his fist to conduct the heat into this opponent, the flaming fist connects with the small spider directly under her mandibles, knocking her head into the air. Unfortunately Psycho had ignored the sticky mess covering the floor surrounding the spider and has now stuck his left foot and tail to the ground. Yet Penny is unable to capitalize on the opening, the mental compulsion forces her to target her opponent’s decoy. Launching a glob of acidic sludge from her out stretched bruised jaw to smite her foe. The globule connects solidly with the ensnared pseudo abra, charring away a great deal of the untested silk and cutting deeply into the doll itself. Both warriors feel they have accomplished something this round.

Post battle Stats:
Penny (Spinarak, F): 40% (Damage Cap) (HP) 75% (Energy) | Paralyzed (35% chance of noting being able to perform attack)
Psycho: (Abra, M): 80% (HP) 60% (Energy) | Ensnared in silk | Substitute Active (10% health | ensnared in silk)

Pandemilk, if you need a pokedex ask... I assume you have one and had forgotten to check in the first round.

VampiricCrobat
5th June 2003, 03:03 AM
we are in a good position Psycho,

lets show everybody that we are the best Psycho.

use a rain dance to change the weather again. now that its raining we have a advantage ....... i will explain this later. lets hope the rain washes the silk of your feet and your tail. end this round by using the ...... Frying birdie combo ..... use your teleport to avoid any incomming attacks and reapear right behind Penny, then use an trong and paralyzing zap cannon on him. because your right behind him its very difficult to miss.

and do your best Psycho

rain dance ~ frying birdie combo (teleport+zapcannon)

Pandemik
5th June 2003, 02:41 PM
Thanks Cyrus, but I've already found myself a reliable Pokédex.

We are in a disadvantaged spot right now Penny, but we're not going to give up just yet!
As Psycho is calling down the rain, smother it with another Sludge Bomb.
Next, go up against a nearby wall and wall yourself in a protective cover of your Spider Web and then stay still.(I'm assuming Spinarak spins its silk using its abdomen, if it comes out of the mouth, have her turn around to face away from the web)
Because Psycho's orders were to Teleport behind you, it might get itself stuck directly in your Web. If it does get stuck, hit it with a close range Night Shade. If it did manage to avoid getting stuck in the Web, use Flash.

Sludge Bomb - Spider Web - Night Shade/Flash

Cyrus
9th June 2003, 04:01 PM
Round 3:

Prebattle Stats:

Penny (Spinarak, F): 40% (Damage Cap) (HP) 75% (Energy) | Paralyzed (35% chance of noting being able to perform attack)
Psycho: (Abra, M): 80% (HP) 60% (Energy) | Ensnared in silk | Substitute Active (10% health | ensnared in silk)

Commands:

Penny: Sludge bomb ~ Spider Web ~ Nightshade / Flash
Psycho: Rain dance ~ Frying Water bird combo (Teleport + Zap Cannon)

Battle:

As this raging battle continues, the spider prepares to level a glob of bubbling acidic sludge at him. As the psychotic abra turns toward the sky and forces the moisture in the air to condense into rain clouds, his doll is struck in the face. The doll shatters under the impact of the corrosive sludge. As the rain begins to fall on the ensnared psychic, he watches with disappointment as the rain fails to wash away the adhesive silk holding his feet and tail in place. The now wet silk strains as Psycho shifts his feet attempting to snap the silk.

While her adversary is attempting to free himself through alternate means, Penny quickly positions herself so that she can release an additional spray of spider silk to ensnare her opponent. The silk quickly forms into a barrier of silk surrounding the rear half of her body. As Psycho finally manages to complete the mental commands to relocate from his current position where his feet are ensnared in silk to a position where the bulk of his body is ensnared in silk directly behind his arachnid opponent. As the annoyed abra attempts to form an orb of electricity while every movement simply exposes more of his body to the sticky web. Mean while, the Spinarak pivots to her left and takes aim at her opponent. Releasing a wave of negative energy, the energy ravages Psycho’s body while leaving the silk undamaged. The abra curses his opponent for tricking him into positioning himself in an even worse position.

Post battle Stats:

Penny (Spinarak, F): 40% (HP) 60% (Energy) | Paralyzed (35% chance of noting being able to perform attack)
Psycho: (Abra, M): 63% (HP) 40% (Energy) | Ensnared in silk |)

Edit: I fixed the damage...

Pandemik
9th June 2003, 07:55 PM
Cyrus:

The doll shatters under the impact of the corrosive sludge.

I think you forgot to change the post-battle stats.

Good job Penny! Crawl onto the highest point of the Web and release your Acidic Webcrawler!

Signature Move: Acidic Webcrawler
Once Penny has spun a Spiderweb, she has the ability to cover it in a poisonous substance if I wish. Once the web has been fully spun, she will crawl up to its highest point and release a highly poisonous and burning substance onto the web, it will then spread down the web onto almost every thread of the web and each thread will be coated in this chemical. It takes a short while for Penny to secrete and spew out this substance, if she is interrupted while making this poison and is forced to release it prematurely, it will be much less powerful. The secretion can be poured onto the web regardless of whether there is anything stuck in it or not and the secretion will stay on the web for the entire match until the web is broken. The substance is highly flammable. Penny can use this ability only once.
Type: Poison | Accuracy: 80% | Damage: 2% for every turn stuck in the web | Poison 80%

Afterwards, feed off of Psycho a bit with your Leech Life. Finish off this round by giving him an injection of your Poison Sting!

If Acidic Webcrawler did not posion Psycho, use your Toxic instead of Poison Sting.

Acidic Webcrawler - Leech Life - Poison Sting/Toxic

Cyrus
12th June 2003, 09:26 PM
My apologizies Vampiric Crobat, but your past the DQ limit by over a day. Pandemilk I delcare you victor by DQ, you can claim 1 yen and a catch / evolution.

Pandemik
13th June 2003, 11:49 AM
I'm sorry it had to end this way. We were having an interesting battle, so good match VC.

Despite not having participated, Skyshaver suddenly evolves into a Pigeotto.