PDA

View Full Version : Red Version Influence

Ceipe
21st May 2003, 08:04 PM
This is why I think that this anime was based inicially on the Red version:
1. The principal character's name is Ash, on blue version the option was Gary
2. The initial fight is the intro of Red version, on blue it Jigglupuff instead of Nidorino
3. This reason is not that good, however has to be mentioned, one of the first pokemon found is Sperrow, and he appears only in the Red version.
What do you think? Do you agree?

Hanada Tattsu
21st May 2003, 10:18 PM
You have a point, but I do have a couple of flaws.

1. Well, you're right. In Red, the rival's name is Gary, but you are allowed to choose between a different name.

2. Okay, I see. Except in Japan, the Blue version was released as a special edition while in Green version, it was Nidorino and Gengar. So techincally, both Red and Green had Nidorino VS Gengar, while Blue version, which was released by the time the show was at its twentieth episode or so, had Gengar and Jigglypuff.

3. Actually, Spearow is in both versions. It's more common in Red version, but you can find it in Blue and Green versions as well.

Zhen Lin
22nd May 2003, 04:24 AM
Games they have favoured:

Red - Ash's name in GSC is Red, Gary is Blue.
Gold - The main hero of the Crystal special is the GSC hero, but not the girl, who is crystal only. Plus, Ash sees Ho-oh instead of Lugia first.
Ruby - Although unconfirmed, The sixth movie has Groudon as one of the main Pokemon.

I have no idea why they always choose the first of trio...

Pokemon Neo
22nd May 2003, 09:01 AM
Satoshi.

I'm guessing that was the way they decided on the name Ash.

Hanada Tattsu
22nd May 2003, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I think the Red, Gold, and Ruby versions of the game seem more masculine than the Green, Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Sliver, and Sapphire versions of the game, even though I favor the latter versions.

DarkMarowak
22nd May 2003, 07:27 PM
I dunno. I always thought that they called him Ash because he's based on the red version character, and Charizard represents the red version. Fire makes ash.

Ash Ketchum aka Satoshi
22nd May 2003, 08:36 PM
The manga version of Red is actually the closest rendition of Satoshi that the creater invisioned. :)

Hanada Tattsu
22nd May 2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Ash Ketchum aka Satoshi
The manga version of Red is actually the closest rendition of Satoshi that the creater invisioned. :)

Yes, I agree, the manga Pokemon Adventures is based off the games, and they use the Red Version as their main source. For example, the main character is named Red, and in the Japanese version, his rival was Green, or the other Japanese rival game. In the American version, he was named Blue, the name of the other game.

This again proves my point that the writers seem to always use the first games for the influences to the show and manga.