PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How many of your friends know of your TPMage??

Dark Dragonite
22nd May 2003, 09:34 AM
Here is a poll inspired by Chiko Pokemon's taken poll:

How many of your friends, and or bf/gf know that you post on a pokemon board?? Why or why not??

~Me: At first, only QS knew I was here, cause he brought me here, but now, most, if not all my friends know I post, and actively participate at a Pokemon Community Board. Obviously my gf knows, cause this is where I met Amy. I was scared of my friends' reactions at first, but I have gotten over it, they either deal with it, or they can go fly a kite.
:mad:

Jay
22nd May 2003, 09:51 AM
How many of your friends, and or bf/gf know that you post on a pokemon board?? Why or why not??

None of my friends know that I go to TPM ... meaning if I had some, then I dunno. All my friends are here so yes they know I go to TPM obviously, and I'd be surprised if they did mind. Only other people IRL that know I go here are my parents and my nieces

I don't think many people know that I like Pokemon anyone, not like I do much nowadays anyway. Just the battling aspect and the other misc. topics that are roaming the board. If my supposed friends IRL thought they had a problem with me visitting a Pokemon board then I seriously don't care, because they can go stuff themselves

Lady Vulpix
22nd May 2003, 11:16 AM
Most of my friends know, my mum know, my cousins know and some of my students at university know too.
Such great things happen here (and some funny things too) I can't stop myself from telling them. And I don't see a reason to stop myself, anyway.

Dragonfree
22nd May 2003, 12:49 PM
Nope. What I do in my free time is a mystery to everyone.

Pichu
22nd May 2003, 12:52 PM
Only me and maybe my mom knows.
I once told a friend about this site and how fun it was to post here (yes, he's a pokéfan as well) ... however, he said there are politics involved here, thats why he doesn't like this. :( :confused:

ILikePokemonP
22nd May 2003, 05:23 PM
A few of my friends know, my mum and dad and that's about it. I was brave enough to use it during school this week but I don't care what other people think.

EVme15
22nd May 2003, 08:26 PM
Right now, very few of my friends know. The two I got to sign onto TPM, one other who hasn't signed on and probably won't, ryu101 (I was shocked when I found out I knew him in real life! He's my dad's girlfriend's son! :o), and maybe a few people from my computer class when I went on there. Actually, I deny liking Pokemon at school. Of course, I'm not really lying. Know why? The pronounce it PokEEman, so it's true. I like Pokemon, not PokEEman! ^_^ Ah, loopholes...

woz
22nd May 2003, 08:31 PM

Little_Pikachu
22nd May 2003, 09:19 PM
Quite a few of them know about it, the ones who don't are probably the ones who I don't bother to tell much. If I ever discussed things I do online then I'd tell them, but I don't start randomly telling everyone I know about message boards I post at.

3 of my IRL friends have signed up at TPM at some point, one of them posted like once or twice, another was quite frequent here for a few months and one is still here and managed to make it to mod status! My brother knows about this, he's been in AIM chats before with TPMers, my mom knows about it, when I had a BF he knew about it. Actually come to think of it, he joined too, he posted a few times.

So yeah, I don't really make a secret out of the fact that I post on a Pokemon message board. This is my life, I'll live it how I want. If people don't like it, that's thier problem.

Crystal Mew
22nd May 2003, 09:33 PM
None of my friends know...not that I know of anyway...they may be browsing these forums and I would never know :O or maybe I do know someone in r/l, and they come here...I just dont know it,lol but I never told anyone I come here...

Matt
22nd May 2003, 09:40 PM
None of my friends know I go here because I don't have any. And I don't actually have a g/f unless a long distance relationship is countable.