PDA

View Full Version : [POLL!]: How long have you been on the TPM?

Pichu
22nd May 2003, 11:00 AM
Yes, I know that when I click on the profile, it says the registration date....however, what I am really asking is many of us came from the earlier versions of TPM, (ie: the UBB, and Ezboard versions), I'm just wondering how long have you been on TPM since those days? Please add them up so I can see. And also, what account did you use in those times? Thanks!

Me:
I am known as the account name, neocyndaquil, but my nickname back then in UBB was also Cyndaquil. I stayed in UBB about 1.5 years until it ... (pokemaster kevin went out of money :() and was gone.
Then in EzBoard, my account was also Cyndaquil and I stayed there for about 1 month. Because I really hate the ezboard thats why I didn't last long. Then suddenly, one day (about 2 months later I joined), I was really bored and went back to EzBoard TPM, and ... *GASP* ... TPM has moved to vB!!
and I've been on TPM ever since that day. I've been here. ;)

Therefore, totally, I been on TPM for about 1.5 + 1.. thats 2.5 years.

According to that... I remember I registered UBB in summer. so its I think 2001 summer

can't believe I forgot POLL tag...

EDIT! updated exact registration date in UBB.

Lady Vulpix
22nd May 2003, 12:36 PM
Saying "the TPM" is redundant, as the T from TPM stands for "The", but it's ok.
Well, at least you noticed the lack of a poll tag by yourself and deleted the topic before it was closed.

I've been on TPM since the begining of October, 2000 and I've always been active since then. I originally signed up at the UBB as Lady Vulpix and have never changed my name (well, at the EZBoard I had to remove the space because it didn't accept it, but it wasn't my intention to change my name). I did create 2 other accounts, though: L Vulpix during the hack of December, 2000 (when some accounts had been disabled and mine was one of them); and Lilirins Blankc when I posted the Interlude at the Battle Range and watched everyone try to figure out who I was until Charlie (Aglandiir) finally did.

I have also been active on P&C/PCG ever since the forum was first created.

Little_Pikachu
22nd May 2003, 12:47 PM
I've been at TPM since November 6th 2002 so that's a little over 2 and a half years! I was the 5006th registered member!

I've always used this name, I think I might have removed the underscore and made it one word on the Ezboard though. And when we were on the UBB and we tried the vB for a short time, the positions of the user name and AIM handle in the profiles got mixed up so we all ended up being called whatever we had in the AIM bit, those are the only times I've ever been anything different.

Dragonfree
22nd May 2003, 12:47 PM
I just registered January 23rd...

ILikePokemonP
22nd May 2003, 05:20 PM
I've been here since September 30th last year with the same user name except for changing a colon so a semi-colon this week due to the dozens of different spelling variations created. So that's about 8 months and I'm here nearly everyday.

Starry Might
22nd May 2003, 05:26 PM
Who, me? *LOOKOUT* ;)

Well, I was a lurker on the UBB since March 2000 (I think), and in November, I first registered there. That account was obliterated by the "Glitch-That-Occured-When-The-Board-Was-Moved-In-December-2000", however, and I had to re-register. Well, everything was fine...until the UBB closed in 2002. I registered for the EZ Board, and posted there happily...when one day, I found out that a vBulletin was set up. I went over there, and to my surprise and delight, my account from the UBB was intact!

And the rest, as they say, is history! :D

Aipom Of Doom
22nd May 2003, 06:36 PM
I've been here most of the time since January 2001 when I registered... 26 months ago already =O. Anyway, I've been at all of the versions, and haven't changed accounts at the UBB/VB from this one ever (except I did change my name once about a year and a half ago or whenever they allowed name changing). So yeah, that's about it. I've been in Adopted Pokemon since about when I joined, and I've joined ASB (and quit out of disgust) three times already XD.

Jay
22nd May 2003, 06:43 PM
It says I registered in April of 2001, but really it's a lie. I've registered in November of 2000 but under a different name I forgot the password to. I've taken many months of breaks from TPM to catch up with some other stuff I like to do on the internet, but I haven't done that recently

I hate the ezBoard so that's why I never posted there, except maybe once. If we were still there I wouldn't be back here today - Hooray

Phantom of Innocence-BF
22nd May 2003, 07:24 PM
I've been on TPM since June 29th, 2000, nearly 3 years now. My old username was BlastoiseFan. I was here when the UBB stood and when we had to resort to the Ezboard (which was a real pain in the ***, if I may add). ;p

I used to be extremely active on the UBB. However, my posts gradually declined over time. =/ Now I only post like 2-5 posts per day. x_X

Crystal Mew
22nd May 2003, 07:25 PM
I registered in August 2001...so I've been her for almost 2 years :o wow....thats a long time...but I started browsing these boards like...2 1/2 years ago :D

Chikoo
22nd May 2003, 07:40 PM
I've been here in TPM since Dec. 2001, under another user name of course.

UmbreonCurse
22nd May 2003, 07:46 PM
Hmmm I think I showed up here sometime in march 2003....compared to you guys I'm a tyke

EVme15
22nd May 2003, 08:20 PM
I joined in October 2000 (Wow, right around Gabi). I remember the big hack. I remember using the EZboard. I actually remember how occasionally TPM boards would suddenly crash and it gave you a link to the EZboard... >.< Those are the days I will NEVER miss...
I kinda fell out of track with the EZboard, but I showed up a few times. I was anigirl15 (Yes, I do like the number 15) there. Of course, it was the best when I got back to good old TPM! ^_^ And my name still existed too. That was a reliefe. I had about 1000 posts when Kevin transferred us all. (Hence the rankings dates in my sig). However, the last few weren't saved and... well... *shrugs*
I suddenly realize how much the board has grown in 2+ years.
(I've been around TPM longer than the UBB. I used to love reading the fanfiction everyday, back when it was its own section of TPM. Yeah... I know I've been here long. :D)

FlareonX
22nd May 2003, 08:56 PM
EVMe15, your sig brings back a lot of memories. I originally came to TPM early 2001 looking for a pokedex. It took me a few months to figure out what a message board was, and when I did figure it out I finally registered in August 2001 after just looking around for a while.

I disappeared for long periods of time, registered under a new name(Oddish17) when I couldn't get this account to work right, and finally realized what the problem was and had it fixed. I had changed my email in my profile and never received the activation email that gets sent, so I couldn't post. It took me 7 months to figure that out.

kurai
22nd May 2003, 09:28 PM
Hooray for being the oldest member to post so far (I registered on the second or third day the board opened).

SancLunatic
22nd May 2003, 09:32 PM
July 2001!

Hmm, I though I signed up way before that!

I guess not!:D

2000-2001 was truly the greatest years! Bulbagarden and POkemasters were both at their full glory as sites!

Ash_300
23rd May 2003, 09:13 AM
I have been using this account since I registered for the first time here on the 14th of April, 2000. This is the 939th registered account.

Gligar_Man
23rd May 2003, 09:24 AM
my first account was deleted when kevin attempted to move the boards, it was created back in july of 2000, maybe june i dont recall... :\ but then i was on some other accuont of wich its been to long for me to recall, and on 03-02-01 i figured, this date isnt gonna come around forever so i created gligar_man, ;)

midnightangel
23rd May 2003, 11:14 AM
01-22-2001 was my sign-up date at the UBB
Ah those were the days :yes:

I have kept the name 'midnightangel' since the beginning with the exception of changing it once when the UBB had the name-change hack, and had midnightangelTPM (??) when I signed up on the EzBoard

I was looking for the episode guide when I first stumbled across the forums. I signed up when I got my own personal computer the month before, and I have been here ever since

I stuck around the UBB (and the vB for awhile) until the demise of the UBB and continued with the EzBoard...until my computer started acting like a b***h--all the pop-ups on the board kept freezing up the computer. Stayed away from TPM until the last few days of the EzBoard, and then we changed over to the vB permanently ;)

Dark Dragonite
23rd May 2003, 11:23 AM
I signed up after Quicksilver(numbers) told me about this place in October 20th, 2001. I've been through the UBB, the EZBoard, and now the VBoard. I've been a lot more active on the UBB though, I dunno, just stuff goin on right now, LIKE ALLERGIES!!11oneoneunouno

I was originally Crystal Articuno on the UBB, then while we could still change PDNs, I went to Dark Dragonite, used DD on the EZBoard I think, and now here. Someone else signed up as Crystal Articuno already, so I can't get it back, they should die a horribly painful death!!:mad: :D :yes: :wave:

Number1ChanseyFan
23rd May 2003, 12:04 PM
I registered on November 6, 2000, so I have been here a little more then 2 1/2 years, although I wasn't very active from about May 2001-June 2002. I think that I was the 4998th registered member. My name has pretty much stayed the same since I first registered, when TPM was an ezboard, I dropped the "Number1" from my username. Actually, I really don't like my username, I've never been crazy about my username, I don't know why I don't have it changed to something better... I guess it's because this is what everybody knows me by!! :)

AntiAsh Superstar
23rd May 2003, 05:31 PM
I turned up in March 2001, I was slacking off from the uni course I was doing at the time coz I'd started to hate it and it was too late to transfer courses until the next year... and all of a sudden I found this place. ^_^;;; My user name has always been this one, I'm too lazy to want to change it! I've witnessed all the versions of TPM (and I might add you forgot to mention our first foray into the realm of vB that lasted a handful of days... lol, I remember only a handful of us actually preferred it to UBB, it took the foray into EZboard to convince everyone what a good idea it actually was, hm?) It was a lot more active back then, I managed to get an awful lot of posts in my very first day. But hey, a lot of good things have come of me time here, I became a mod, made some good friends, honed my writing skills and got a RL girlfriend out of it, so that can't be bad! :)

Kirei
23rd May 2003, 07:03 PM
I joined in Jan 2001 when I was bored at my old work and trying to find things out about Pokemon, hehe. My name was Artemis, but my account was deleted in a hack and I re-registered in May 2001 as Artemis and changed my name after about a month to Bugsy, and I've been Bugsy ever since. It's weird to think about it, but TPM has really changed my life. I wouldn't have met my boyfriend, Ade, without TPM, and he's the most important person to me now, he looks after me and makes me happy. I'd probably still be depressed if it wasn't for TPM :)

Haruko
23rd May 2003, 09:41 PM
I was a Lurker on the UBB before I ever signed up, but on April 8th, 3 day's after my Birthdate of April 5th,I signed up to the UBB as "EnteiSuicuneRaikou". When the UBB was shut and EzBoard came in, I used a Global account of Mine, "PokemonOfLegends". When The vB was back, I was still Signed in..

"Clutsy me"...

I got a Name Switch. "PoL" is Abrv. of "PokemonOfLegends", Izumi-chan is a Character from a Anime I like...^^...But I've been here for about...2 and 1/3 years. ^^

I've meet some nice People on TPM.

woz
23rd May 2003, 11:06 PM
day one. member #37.

Madelyn151
23rd May 2003, 11:07 PM
i was here when it first opened, under "madelyn." i randomly changed my name to "madelyn151," and despite changing to EZboard and back and stuff... i'm still here. ^_^;;

shazza
24th May 2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Little_Pikachu
I've been at TPM since November 6th 2002 so that's a little over 2 and a half years! I was the 5006th registered member!

I've always used this name, I think I might have removed the underscore and made it one word on the Ezboard though. And when we were on the UBB and we tried the vB for a short time, the positions of the user name and AIM handle in the profiles got mixed up so we all ended up being called whatever we had in the AIM bit, those are the only times I've ever been anything different.

Dear Little_Pikachu,
1) If you have been at TPM for 2 and a half years, and you registered in 2002, the year would be early 2005. And I would be 16, but I am 14.

2) Actually it wasn't when we tryed the vB, it was when we went from UBB 5 to UBB 6 for a short time, but it was too slow, so we went back. Then we tryed UBB 6 again and stayed there, and then we tryed vB but we went back, I remember going to both the vB and the UBB at the same time.

Anyway.....

I joined November 2000 as pokemastershazza2000, spammed, flamed and nearly got banned. Fun times. When UBB 6 came I changed to shazza. When the EzBoard came I was Shazza2000. When we came back to the vB I was shazza.

If it is 2005, I have been here for 4 years and a bit over a half!! Wow!!

Crystalmaster Mike
24th May 2003, 08:06 AM
I came from Pokémon Factory...

LOL, yeah. I think that's the first real Poké-site I visited. One day, me decided to follow link. Go to The Pokémasters. Visited Drawing Board, with 4 main names (and an awful lot of Anons!). Didn't like Chat and didn't dear visit Message Board because "it's probably the same thing".

Then one day... I WENT TO THIS PLACE!! I signed up as Cool Cat 13 (when I saw classycat18's name, I thought... WTF?) on the UBB, lived out those numerous changes... Changed name to Mad Machor and then Machampharos when we were still able to... Then we went to the EzBoard and I became... me. But then we changed back and suddenly, I was stuck with Cool Cat 13 again. Then we changed once more and KABLAM!! There me was again!

So yeah... My account (this one, I think it's the first one I had) dates back to 3rd April 2001.

someone_cuku
24th May 2003, 11:00 PM
It was back in October 2001, on the 27th. My first quote was in the Video Games section, with Metallix as the first replier to my first topic with my first post. *crickets chirp* Nobody cares. Oh well. :D

EDIT: :mad: I thought I registered on the 28th, because in my time zone, it was the 28th, but in whatever time zone Kevin is using, it was the 27th. :mad:

Ikujinonai
25th May 2003, 03:45 AM
06-07-2000.

I feel old and stuff, but not as old as some other people.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
26th May 2003, 05:47 AM
I registered at TPM on January 10, 2001 and never left it for more than a day. I also never saw a reason to change my username but twice for a single day for the heck of it. I got modded in General Discussion in late March 2001 and still rule there with a hand of steel. :P

Dark Scizor
26th May 2003, 06:27 AM
ive been here since the 23rd of February 2001, i registered under the name Mew2_the_great_destroyer XD, i started checking out the forums november 200 but didn't know how to join till i noticed noticed 3 months later lol I can only get on TPM during the weekends and my first post was in Pokeplayer's Rate your teams here or something in which i was slammed for having a crappy team. Ever since then i have improved my team building. I've only changed my name once from Mew2... to my current one Dark Scizor.

homeofmew
26th May 2003, 11:39 AM
I joined January 20th 2001, like a long time ago :)
I remember the drawing thingy TPM had, I was "Pocket_Monsters" in there for the longest time.
Remember that person who did most of the tic tac toe game, it was me :)

anderwarrick
26th May 2003, 01:49 PM
lets see, i was on ubb for about a 1 1/2 years. my name was garyoaks017, elvenwarrior547, and then now, just recently i signed up again as anderwarrick. so i've been on for about 1 1/2 years.

MarshmallowEgg
26th May 2003, 02:02 PM
I registered for the first time on August 2nd, 2000. Yes, I remember the exact date. I first was known under Goldenwing Pikachu. It was the summer before I went into seventh grade. I remember I came here because I was a regular at Bulbagarden forums and they closed for a few days for one reason or another. Once they re-opened, though, I had grown too attached to this place to leave. I stayed for about a year or so, then I left for a while, came back under a different name, left, came back, etc. I think the most recent name I came back under (before now) was Azura Radiance. So this August, I'll have been coming here for three years, on and off.

Katie
26th May 2003, 10:41 PM
hmm.. I started going to the regular site around march-april 2001, then after getting bored of that, I went to the 'contacts' page, and under kevin's it had the forums listed :> so I clicked, read around GD, got confused (like I thought sigs were part of the actual post, thought everything was one person saying something... etc. I'd never seen a message board before .-.) then I wanted to post, so I registered, (took me an hour to find a sn no one had already. didn't realize how big the site was lol) registered under the name DarkMisty (anyone who actually remembers lil n00by me under that name is now my best best best friend :)) ummm yeah. this all happened on July 16 2001. I feel like such a n00b, even when I've been here for almost 2 years ;-; ...wow it's almost been a year since we had the ezboard nightmarish experience o0 time flies, eh? =D

~Katie

Bloody_Snow
26th May 2003, 11:20 PM
Ive been at TPM since FEB2000.
I used to come here alot in 2000 but in the past 2 years ive hardly been here.

Ive always used this account and when i started TPM was using UBB 6 (i think).

Bloody_Snow
26th May 2003, 11:26 PM
oops sorry i have no concept of time...

ive been here since feb2001

ahem...

forretress1
26th May 2003, 11:29 PM
I went to the site for a few months before I found the ubb.I first registered in late March 2001....the name im using now is the name that i first used here when i signed up...it seems like its been a looong time since I first came here...weird..